ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Use the table below to describe the system of higher education in Ukraine.
Put the verbs in brackets into the form of
a) the Present Participle
an (interest) book, a (sleep) child, two (play) dogs, the (win) number, several (travel) bags, the (move) power, a (touch) moment, an (excite) film, a (work) man, (run) water;
b) the Past Participle.
the (lose) son, an (interest) audience, a (break) leg, an (empty) bottle, a (close) door, a (decorate) room, two (pack) bags, the (write) letters, the (sell) car, the (buy) apples;
c) the Perfect Participle (active or passive voice).
(stop) the car, the police officer wanted to see the documents; (write) the test, we felt relieved; (work) all day, we were quite exhausted in the evening; (send) to counter 4, I had to return to counter 3; (confess), he was accused of even more criminal offences; (arrive) at the station, we called a taxi; (type) by the secretary, the letter was signed by the boss; (interrupt) several times, he was rather annoyed; (live) in Oxford for two years, she spoke English like a native speaker; (rescue), the injured man was taken to hospital.
Which form is correct? (Present Participle or Past Participle)
1) I am very (interesting; interested) in history.
2) The party was (boring; bored).
3) I was (boring; bored) to death.
4) The (barking: barked) dog kept us awake at night.
5) Did you see Justin (dancing; danced)?
6) (Running; Run) away from the castle, Cinderella lost a shoe.
7) History is very (interesting; interested).
8) The car race was (exciting; excited).
9) (Exciting; Excited) about their birthday party, the girls could not sleep.
10) He was sitting on the floor (playing; played) the guitar.
Fill in the correct participle form. (Present Participle, Past Participle or Perfect Participle)
1) He was sitting in an armchair (reading; read; having read) a magazine.
2) (Working; Worked; Having worked) in the company for many years, he knew everyone and everything.
3) The cup (filling; filled; having filled) with milk stood on the table.
4) (Not seeing; Not seen; Not having seen) each other for ages, they had a lot to talk about.
5) (Bearing; Born; Having born) into a rich family, she got everything she wished for.
6) (Being; Been; Having been) the child of poor people, he often went to bed hungry.
7) (Regretting; Regretted; Having regretted) his words, he apologised.
8) Well (doing; done; having done), we are very proud of you.
9) (Parking; Parked; Having parked) the car, he went to a restaurant.
10) (Watching; Watched; Having watched) the film a dozen times, she knew the dialogues by heart.
Rewrite the sentences replacing the italic part with a present participle.
1) She was talking to her friend and forgot everything around her. – Talking to her friends she forgot everything around her.
2) They are vegetarians and don't eat meat.
3) The dog wagged its tail and bit the postman.
4) While she was tidying up her room she found some old photos.
5) He was a good boy and helped his mother in the kitchen.
6) As they didn't have enough money they spent their holidays at home last year.
7) The man was sitting in the cafe. He was reading a paper.?
8) She walked home and met an old friend.
Rewrite the sentences replacing the italic part with a past participle.
1) I have a cat that is called Tari. – I have a cat called Tari.
2) The dinner was more expensive than they had expected.
3) He was accused of murder and arrested.
4) She was shocked by the bad news and burst into tears.
5) The event is organised by our team and will surely be a great success.
6) The film is based on real events and tells the story of a reporter.
7) She was born in Hollywood and knows all the famous movie stars.
8) The car was taken to the garage. It was repaired within an hour.
Rewrite the sentences replacing the italic part with a perfect participle.
1) We switched off the lights before we went to bed. - Having switched off the lights we went to bed.
2) The boy asked his mother's permission and then went out to play. - . . . . . . . the boy went out to play.
3) As he had drunk too much, he didn't drive home himself. - . . . . . . he didn't drive home himself.
4) We have written two tests today, so we are very exhausted. - . . . . . . we are very exhausted.
5) She filled the washing machine and switched it on. - . . . . . . she switched it on.
6) She had been to the disco the night before and overslept in the morning. - . . . . . . she overslept in the morning.
7) We had worked in the garden all day and were sunburned in the evening. - . . . . . . we were sunburned in the evening.
8) She had not slept for two days and therefore wasn't able to concentrate. - . . . . . . she wasn't able to concentrate.
20. Transform the following sentences using participle phrases instead of the subordinate clauses.
Model: The boys who live in this house formed a football team. – The boys living in this house formed a football team.
1.The boy who was waiting in the hall expected a phone call. 2.Passengers who wanted to go to Liverpool had to change in Manchester. 3.The girl who was picked up by her brother was very nice. 4.The house that stands at the end of the road will soon be sold. 5.The conference which was planned by non-governmental organisations was about globalisation. 6.Irish people who live in Great Britain have the right to vote in British elections. 7.A friend who helps you in need is a good friend indeed. 8.A picture that shows the image of a person is a portrait. 9.The problems that were discussed will be essential for your exam. 10.Animals that eat plants are called herbivores.
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 18.104.22.168 (0.004 с.)