ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Speak about Hubble Space Telescope using all information you have got.
5.3. Discuss these questions with your partner:
1. Do you know any interesting facts about some international scientific projects? Share this information with your partner.
2. What features of character must any scientist have in order to take part in the development of the international scientific projects?
3. Is it interesting for scientists to take part in the international scientific projects? Share this information with your partner.
Use the following phrases:
By the way …
My personal point of view …
It goes without saying that …
It is obvious that …
5.4*. Role-play the following situations:
1. International scientific projects. What are pros & cons?
2. The professor asks his student about the importance of the international scientific projects.
5.5*. Make projects. Use tips given in the appendix 1.
1. The part of Russia in the international scientific projects.
2. Other international scientific projects.
UNIT 15. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
OF THE 21st CENTURY
The more we do, the more we can do.
Read the note to learn the meaning of the term «Information Technologies».
Make sure you know the words given in the text in italics.
1.2. Read the following words and word combination properly:
Telecommunications equipment, enterprise, networks, distribution technologies, television and telephones, Internet.
1.3. Read the text to find answers to the following questions:
1. What is Information technology?
2. How is this term commonly used?
3. What industries are associated with information technology?
Information technology (also referred to as IT) is the application of computers and telecommunications equipment to store, retrieve, transmit and manipulate data, often in the context of a business or other enterprise. The term is commonly used as a synonym for computers and computer networks, but it also encompasses other information distribution technologies such as television and telephones. Several industries are associated with information technology, such as computer hardware, software, elec-
TEXT 1. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES AND THEIR
Everything genius is simple.
I. Before you read
1.1. Pronounce the following words properly:
Information technologies; communication; application; Internet;
1.2. Words and expressions to learn:
To retrieve; to provide information; application; trading, network, growth, cellular phones, digital camera; digital screen; habits; vehicle; to make possible; vital role; to suffer; to improve; in order to; dimension; to be available; accessible to engage; solution.
1.3. Translating the text, pay attention to the following words and expressions:
To highlight – выдвигать на первый план;
to boost – способствовать росту популярности; повышать;
a digital moisture meter – прибор для определения влажности;
harvesting – уборка урожая;
by leaps and bounds – семимильными шагами; с большой быст-ротой;
to boost up – рекламировать;
unprecedented – невиданный; небывалый;
a keystroke – нажатие клавиши;
solitary – одиночный; отдельный;
an obsession – навязчивая идея; неотступная мысль.
1.4. Translate the following expressions:
To provide information; new technology trends; cloud computing and virtual servers; the necessity for multipurpose development; integrated
1.5. Form the adjectives with the help of the suffixes. Translate them:
1) -able, -ible:
to measure, to break, to read, to imagine, to control, to compare, to move, to wash, access, comfort;
season, continent, exception, condition, nation, education, nature, universe, practice, norm, fundament, profession, person, industry, physics;
3) -ant (-ent):
to depend, to differ, import(ance), emerg(ence);
law, harm, tact, success, thank, truth;
5) -ary, -orу:
reaction, custom, to advise, to prohibit, explanat(ion), preparation;
6) -ic (-ical):
hero, atmosphere, metal, base, climate, geography, academy;
7) -ive (-ative):
to create, to talk, to inform, to communicate, to protect, affect;
hope, aim, limit, noise, colour, worth;
9) -ous (-ious, -uous):
advantage, mystery, disaster, humour, scandal, instant.
1.6. State the adjectives and translate them:
Darkness, resistant, importance, freely, different, important, to orga-nize, backwards, rectorship, length, childhood, useful, kindly, to widen,
What does the term «Information Technology» really mean? Information technology is that technology by which the information is processed, communicated, exhibited and retrieved in a fast, error-free and proper-way. Information technology is a technology in which both telecommunication and computer technologies work together to provide information.
It is recognized that the application of information technologies (IT) in our daily lives has changed dramatically in the past years. Information technologies are used in all areas of life, such as education, communication, business, trading and processing companies, banks. Many organizations invest heavily in new technology trends and offer the ability to work more effectively through the application of information technology.
The whole world has become a small place today. Several years ago, we can communicate through writing, but now we communicate information using the network as the telephone, mobile phone, internet, etc. The computer application has changed dramatically since we now communicate via SMS, e-mail and instant messaging in MSN Messenger, Facebook and even tweets on Twitter. Nowadays, more or less every household has an iPod or a computer or an Apple product related. We know cloud
Actually today’s world is the world of information and telecommunication. Everyday new technology and inventions are being made in the area of information, processing and travelling. There is hardly any area which had not been affected by this. Due to all this, the word distance sounds ironical in the present day context.
Any information can be exchanged by people in few seconds and that, too, in the proper and effective way without any loss of data while it is
All this has been possible through information technologies like telephone, fax, telex, computers, internet, e-mail, photocopier, printer, scanner, cellular phones, pagers, videophone, digital camera, multimedia, etc.
These technologies are becoming a part of our lives and are transfor-ming lifestyles and habits of people all over the world.
Information technologies in the modern world have changed so much that you can enjoy in all places. Think cars with integrated satellite navigation, climate control thinking and reflecting on the digital screens in your vehicle, all these are made possible by information technology.
Digital technology is playing a vital role in our day to day life. In the field of agriculture, a digital moisture meter records the moisture in the soil and tells when harvesting should start. For people, who are suffering from hearing loss, digits technology is of great help. It processes sounds that reduce noise, improves the clarity of speech and controls unwanted loudness.
Computing even changed the way we buy things. Since the days when an ATM or ATM for cash and all cash purchase pulling, now you can buy a machine using PDQ / Chip and Pin machine or credit card.
The use of computers has increased by leaps and bounds worldwide. The internet has revolutionized every field of the world. The government has allowed private companies to provide internet services to people in order to boost up information technologies.
Information technologies brought a new dimension in the field of education. We can come to know each type of information at home if we need. Famous books in the world are available and easily accessible via the Internet. Every day we are now new information and using information.
Really, the Internet system turned a new era in the field of
The internet has put an unprecedented amount of buying and selling power in the hands of all those within a keystroke distance of a computer. Never in the history of commerce solitary buyers and sellers have been able to engage so effortlessly in commerce on all points whether one is
As you can see, the application of information technologies has certainly changed the way of communication, commerce, industry, education and the way we live our lives.
III. After you have read
3.1. Answer the following questions:
1. What can you say about the term «Information Technology»?
2. Where are information technologies used in our life?
3. Many organizations invest heavily in new technology trends, aren’t they?
4. How do we prefer to communicate now?
5. Do you agree that today’s world is the world of information and telecommunication?
6. What modern information technologies do you know?
7. Are these technologies becoming a part of our lives?
8. Is digital technology playing a vital role in our day to day life? Why?
9. Who has allowed private companies to provide internet services to people in order to boost up information technologies?
10. How can we come to know each type of information at home?
11. Do you know the possibilities of the Internet?
12. What has the application of information technologies has changed in our lives?
3.2. Find the English equivalents in the text:
Мир информации и телекоммуникации; работать более эффективно путём применения информационных технологий; благодаря всему этому; рост информационных технологий; контролировать громкость; новая величина в области образования; в области лечения; способ жизни.
3.3. Look through the text again and say what is true and what is false? Correct the false statements:
1. Information technology is a technology in which both telecommunication and computer technologies work together to provide information.
2. The application of information technologies (IT) in our daily lives has not changed dramatically in the past years.
3. Many organizations don’t invest heavily in new technology trends.
4. The computer application has changed dramatically since we now communicate via SMS, e-mail and instant messaging in MSN Messenger, Facebook and even tweets on Twitter.
5. Everyday new technology and inventions are being made in the area of information, processing and travelling.
6. Nowadays any information can be exchanged by people in few se-conds.
7. Information technologies are telephone, fax, telex, computers, internet, e-mail, photocopier, printer, scanner, cellular phones, pagers, videophone, digital camera, multimedia, etc.
8. Think cars with integrated satellite navigation, climate control thin-king and reflecting on the digital screens in your vehicle, all these are made possible by information technology.
9. Digital technology is not playing a vital role in our day to day life.
10. The use of computers has increased by leaps and bounds worldwide.
11. The governors have allowed private companies to provide internet services to people in order to boost up information technologies.
12. Famous books in the world are available and easily accessible via the Internet.
13. The Internet system didn’t turn a new era in the field of
14. Electronic commerce is a system of buying and selling property line.
15. The application of information technologies has certainly changed the way of communication, commerce, industry, education and the way we live our lives.
Write the plan of the text.
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-06-23; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 184.108.40.206 (0.011 с.)