Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
УРОК ЧЕТВЕРТЫЙ (THE FOURTH LESSON).
Grammar: 1. Простое прошедшее время (Simple Past)
2. Неопределенные местоимения some, any.
3. Именные безличные предложения.
4. Сложносочиненные предложения.
Revision: 1. Оборот there is/are.
3.1.Глагол to be.
3.2.Many, much, few, little.
A DAY OFF
It was Sunday yesterday. It was our day off. We got up at half past eight but it was still dark. In winter it gets light very late. At 10 o'clock we had breakfast. We had some coffee, ham, cheese and eggs for breakfast.
Then we went for a walk. It was so wonderful outside. There was a lot of snow in the streets. The air was frosty but it was not very cold. We had a good walk that morning.
On our way back my wife went to buy some bread and sugar. I went to the theatre box-office and bought two rickets for "The Three Sisters". It was on at the Art Theatre that night1.
We came back just in time for dinner2. After dinner my wife and children watched T.V. and I went through some magazines and newspapers.
At half past five my wife and I went to the theatre. The performance was wonderful and we liked it very much. It was over at a quarter past ten. We took a taxi, and in half an hour we were at home. It was already late. We had supper, listened to the news on the radio and went to bed.
AT THE THEATRE
At the theatre Mr. Camp meets Mr. Bunin during the interval.
Camp: Good evening, Mr. Bunin.
Bunin: Oh, Mr. Camp, this is a surprise3. Glad to see you4. How do you
like the performance? Camp: It's wonderful.
Bunin: Did you see any performance of the Moscow Art Theatre in London ? Camp: No, I didn't. I wanted to see it very much but I couldn't get any
tickets. I heard a lot about this theatre. So I decided to go to this
theatre in Moscow.
1. It was on at the Art Theatre that night. —- Она (пьеса) шла в Художественном театре в тот вечер.
Если перед существительным, обозначающим время, стоит указательное местоимение this или that, то предлог в этом сочетании не употребляется. that night — в тот вечер that day — в тот день this Saturday — в эту субботу
8. We came back just in time for dinner. — Мы вернулись как раз к обеду.
9. This is a surprise! — Какой сюрприз! Какая неожиданность!
10. Glad to see you. = I'm glad to see you (разговорная форма) Рад вас видеть.
So употребляется перед прилагательными и наречиями для усиления их значения.
Слово news всегда употребляется в ед. числе.
to hear слышать
to listen слушать
I. Прочитайте вслух три формы неправильных глаголов и выучите их:
to take took taken
to find found found
to give gave given
to go went gone
to do did done
to see saw seen
to know knew known
to read read read
to speak spoke spoken
to write wrote written
to begin began begun
to get up got up got up
to put put put
to sit down sat down sat down
to sell sold sold
to buy bought bought
to bring brought brought
to come came come
to meet met met
to make made made
to be was, were been
to have had had
to send sent sent
to tell told told
to drink drank drunk
to eat ate eaten
II. Прочитайте и переведите следующие предложения:
1. When did you last see your friend? 2. The day before yesterday the engineers of our office met foreign businessmen to discuss business with them. 3. What language did you speak to foreign businessmen yesterday?
· The director of our office received French businessmen the other day.
· Last year Machinoexport did a lot of business with British firms.
· Did you meet the foreign businessmen yesterday morning? 7. Few engineers of our office spoke English last year.
Ш. Употребите следующие предложения в прошедшем времени и добавьте нужные по смыслу обстоятельства времени:
1. I get up at 7 o'clock. 2. Those economists and engineers have their German lessons on Monday. 3. I see them at the Ministry ,eyery day. 4. Who brings you the mail? 5. Their office can sell boilers to that French firm. 6. Our English lesson begins at half past eight. 7. We buy television-sets from that firm. 8. Mr. Volkov usually goes through the mail in the morning.
IV. Поставьте следующие предложения в отрицательную и вопросительную
1. They discussed the terms of delivery with them last week. 2. They received this flat five years ago. 3. She bought this television last Sunday. 4. His son went to the nursery school last year. 5. The director of the factory was at our office yesterday. 6. He spoke at the meeting about it. 7. They came home at a quarter to eleven. 8.1 sent her a letter the other day.
V. Ответьте на вопросы:
1. Did you get up at 8 o'clock on your last day off? 2. Did you shave in the morning or in the evening yesterday? 3. Did your friend telephone you yesterday? 4. Did your wife come home at six o'clock or at 7 o'clock yesterday? 5. When did you begin to work at the Ministry of Foreign Trade? 6. Where did you live seven years ago? 7. Whom did you meet the other day? 8. When did you last see your friend? 9. Who came to see you the day before yesterday? 10. Which of you did business with British firms last year? 11. Whose children began to learn English last year? 12. Who spoke at your meeting last Tuesday?
VI. Переведите на английский язык:
1. — Я звонил вам вчера вечером, но вас не было дома. Где вы были? — Я ездил за город навестить отца и вернулся очень поздно. 2. — Где вы жили три года тому назад? — Я жил в Киеве. Я там учился в институте. Теперь я инженер и работаю в Москве на большом заводе. 3. Мой друг начал изучать английский язык два года тому назад. Сейчас он хорошо говорит по-английски и может принимать представителей иностранных фирм. 4. Вчера мы получили много писем от разных фирм. Одно из писем — запрос на наше электрооборудование. 5. На прошлом уроке мы не писали упражнений. Мы обсуждали пятый текст и, отвечали на вопросы преподавателя. 6. На прошлой неделе наш директор заключил контракт с двумя фирмами. Мы продали им 10 котлов. 7. — Кто вчера дал вам наш номер телефона? — Ваш секретарь. 8. — Мне очень нравятся ваши новые часы. Когда вы их купили? — На-днях.
some, any, some of, any of
VII. Прочитайте и переведите следующие предложения:
1. Some engineers of our office learn French. 2. There are some catalogues on the table. 3. Did you make any contracts yesterday? 4. We did not receive any/cables from Nordon and Co. yesterday. 5. Have you any new magazines ? Yes, t have some. (No, I haven't any.) 6. Is there any cheese on the plate? Yes, there is some. (No, there isn't any.) 7. We'd like to discuss some of the terms of the contract to-day. 8. Can you bring me any of those magazines? 9. You mustn't take any of these letters. 10. Do any of your friends work at our Ministry?
VIII. Поставьте следующие предложения в вопросительную и отрицательную
1. Не has some new English books. 2. There were some newspapers and magazines on that little table. 3. They can speak some foreign languages. 4. He knows some engineers of our office. 5. We sent some letters to foreign firms.yesterday. 6. There is some milk in the cup. 7. You can see some cables and telexes on that desk. 8. Our director received some businessmen the day before yesterday.
IX. Заполните пропуски местоимениями some, any:
1. There are ... new words in this lesson. 2. There are not ... letters on your desk. 3.1 have ... other questions to ask you. 4. Have you ... questions? 5. ... of us learned English at school. 6. I haven't ... pencils
and she has 7. Are there... price-lists on your desk? Yes, there are ....
8. Can you give me ... magazines to read? 9.1 didn't see ... of them yesterday. 10. The other day we sent ... enquiries for furniture.
X. Ответьте на следующие вопросы:
1. Do you know any engineers at Klachinoexport? 2. Does your
office sell any goods to Great Britain? 3. Do you buy any equipment from foreign firms? 4. Do any engineers of your office learn French? 5. Did you have any English lessons last week? 6. Are there any magazines on the shelf? 7. Have you any books about Novgorod? 8. Have you any English books at home? 9. Can you give me any magazines to read? 10. Would you like some tea or milk? 11. Are there any things on the table? 12. Was there any mail from Great Britain yesterday?
XI. Переведите на английский язык:
1. Некоторые студенты очень любят переводить с русского языка на английский. 2. Я не могу дать вам несколько французских книг. 3. Не берите со стола никаких вещей. 4. — Вам нравятся какие-нибудь из этих журналов? — Да, некоторые из них очень хорошие. 5. Несколько лет тому назад здесь была деревня. 6. Мне бы хотелось просмотреть некоторые прейскуранты.
Именные безличные предложения
XII. Прочитайте и переведите следующие предложения:
1. It is winter. It's very cold in Moscow in winter. 2. What time is it now? It's eleven. Oh, it's already late. I must go home. 3. It was frosty outside yesterday. 4. When does it usually get dark in Moscow in spring? It usually gets dark at half past 8 or at 9 o'clock in spring. 5. It is very light in this room. There is always a lot of sunshine here. 6. In winter it is usually still dark at half past eight. 7. When does it usually get warm in Moscow? 8. What time did it get light yesterday? 9. Was it cold yesterday? No, it was warm outside.
XIII. Ответьте на вопросы;
1. Is it winter or autumn now? Is it cold now? Was it cold at this time last year? 3. Is it frosty today? 4. When is it usually frosty? 5. When is it warm in Moscow? 6. When does it get light in Moscow in winter? 7. When does it get dark in Moscow in summer? 8. Is it morning now? 9. Is it early now? 10. Is it wonderful in Moscow now? 11. What season is it now?
XIV. Переведите на английский язык:
1. Уже половина десятого. Я должен идти на урок. 2. В прошлое воскресенье было не очень холодно, и мы с женой ездили за город.
· Вчера вечером на улице было чудесно, и мы хорошо погуляли.
· — В Москве рано темнеет зимой? — Да. В 4 часа дня. 5. Сейчас уже половина одиннадцатого. Мы должны закончить наш урок.
6. Уже поздно. Дети должны идти спать. 7. Сейчас не очень поздно.
Grammar and Vocabulary Exercises
XV. Поставьте вопросы к выделенным словам:
1. At 11 o'clock we went for a walk (2). 2. We decided to go to the country on Sunday (3) 3. There is a theatre box-office in that new building (1). 4. I had supper at home with my family yesterday (4). 5. Sergei bought three tickets for us (2). 6. My sister's daughter usually goes to bed at 9 o'clock (4).
7. In summer it gets dark at 10 o'clock in the evening (2). 8. I spoke to the
XVI. Раскройте скобки, употребив глагол в нужной форме, и перескажите
1. It (to be) winter now. In winter the days (to be) short and the nights (to be) long. It (to get) light late and it (to get) dark early. There (to be) a lot of snow in the streets of Moscow in winter. It (to be) sometimes frosty in Moscow, but there (to be) not many cold days here.
2 It (to be) spring now. Yesterday (to be) my day off. I (to get up) at half past eight. There (to be) a lot of sunshine in the room. It usually (to get) light at 5 o'clock in spring. I (to come) up to the window and (to open) it. It (to be) warm outside. Then I (to go) to the bathroom to shave and to wash. At a quarter past nine I (to have) breakfast and at 10 o'clock my friend (to telephone) me. We (to decide) to go to see my friend's parents. They (to live) in the country. On our way there we (to speak) about our friends and our English lessons. In an hour and a half we (to be) there. His parents (to be) happy to see us. We (to have) dinner. Then we (to go) for a walk. It (to be) wonderful outside. We (to come) back in two hours and (to ,watch) T.V.
XVII. Заполните пропуски артиклями там, где это необходимо:
My friend and I often go to ... theatre to see ... new performances. We like going to ... theatre on Saturday nights.
Last Saturday I finished ... work at 3 o'clock and went home. I had ... dinner and sat down in '... easy-chair to read ... newspaper. In half ... hour I decided to go for a walk. It was ... wonderful day. ... air was cold.
There was ... lot of snow in ....... streets. I had ... nice walk and at ...
quarter to six I came back. I phoned my friend, and we decided to go to ... theatre. We wanted to see... new performance "The Sixth of July". It was on at:'.. .Art Theatre. We met at six o'clock, took ... taxi and in ... quarter of ... hour we were at ... theatre. We bought ... tickets at ... box-office and came into ... theatre just in time for ... performance. We liked ... performance very much.
XVIII. Заполните пропуски предлогами, и перескажите текст:
Last Saturday "Little Dorrit" was the Art Theatre.'... his
way home Peter Belov went .. - the theatre box-office and bought two tickets ... the performance. It was already four o'clock ... the afternoon. .. half an hour he came home. Peter had dinner ... his family and ... six o'clock he and his wife were ready to go ... the theatre. They came there just ,.. time ... the performance.
The performance was wonderful. They liked it very much. ... the theatre Peter and his wife met some ... their friends and spoke .. them ... the performance.
.'.. half ... ten the performance was over. It was not cold outside. So Peter and his wife decided not to take a taxi. They walked home. ... eleven o'clock they came home, it was late, but they decided to listen ... the news .... the radio and then went ... bed.
XIX. Заполните пропуски глаголами to hear, to listen to:
1. Can you ... me well from there? 2. You must always ... your teacher at the lessons. 3.1 usually ... the news on the radio in the morning before work. 4. Did you ... the 6 o'clock news? 5. I'm very sorry but I can't ...
you now. 6. Yesterday I... a lot about this new performance. Fd like to see it very much. 7. Can you ... us now? We'd like to ask you some questions about London. 8. I'm sorry I didn't... the last word. 9. This is a surprise ... it from you. 10. The other day I ... some good music on the radio.
XX. Употребите оборот there is/are в правильной форме и нужном времени:
1. ... sixty minutes in an hour. 2. ,.. twelve months in a year. 3. ... a lot of snow in Moscow in winter. 4. ... not any cheese for breakfast today. 5. ... a lot of people at the theatre last night. 6. ... any bread for dinner? Yes, ... some. 7. ... some magazines on the table. You may take one of them. 8, ... not many tickets for this performance at the box-office.
XXI. Употребите в правильной форме оборот there is/are или it is в настоящем
1. ... a lot of people at the theatre last night. 2. ... a frosty day. I am cold. 3. ... a book on the table this morning. Where is it now? 4. ... a wonderful performance. I liked it very much. 5. ... some magazines on the table. Give me one, please. 6. ... a lot of snow in the streets last winter. 1. ... cold yesterday, and our children couldn't go for a walk. 8. ... a lot of people near the booking-office a quarter of an hour ago.
XXII. Заполните пропуски словами much, many, tittle, few:
1, Was there ... snow in Kiev last winter? Yes, there was. And it was very cold. 2. Do ... people watch T/V in the evening? 3. ... children watch T/V after 9 o'clock in the evening. 4.1 don't like ... sugar in my tea.
· I'm sorry we have very ... ham for breakfast, but we have a lot of cheese.
· We must go to the theatre in half an hour. We have very ... time for dinner. 7. There were not ... nice days in Moscow last autumn. 8. Mr. Larin doesn't know German well, but he studies very ... now.
XXIII. Заполните пропуски словами some, any:
1. Last month we saw ... new performances at the Art Theatre. 2. Are
· Nick, bring me ... sugar, please. I don't see ... sugar on the table.
· I'd like to have ... brown bread for dinner. 5. Did you hear ... news yesterday? Yes, I did. What was it about? 6. There was still ... snow in the streets of Moscow last month. 7. Must I buy ... eggs to-day? No, you needn't. I bought ... yesterday. 8.1 can't do this exercise. There are ... new words in it. 9. There are a lot of magazines on that desk. You may take ... of them. 10. Did your office make ... contracts with British firms last year?
XXIV. Заполните пропуски глаголами to speak, to tell в соответствующей форме:
1. Не ... some foreign languages. 2. Many of our engineers ... at the meetingyesterday.3.He ... us about the new performance at the Art Theatre. 4. Who... you not to buy tickets for this performance? 5. Can you ... us about winter in Tomsk? 6. ... the children not to go for a walk today. It is very cold outside. 7. Yesterday my friend came to see me. We ... very much about her new flat. 8. Did you ... to them on the phone the other day? Yes, I ... .
XXV. Заполните пропуски активными словами и словосочетаниями в нужной
форме и перескажите текст:
to go for a walk, wonderful, on his way, to decide, to be on, to buy, to telephone, a performance, to like, to be over, to take a taxi, to listen to, on the radio, good
Last Saturday Mr. Titov ... in the afternoon. It was spring and it was ... outside. ... he saw a theatre box-office and ... to buy tickets for the Maly Theatre. "A Man From Stratford" ... on Saturday and on Sunday. But there were no tickets for the Sunday performance, there were tickets only for the Saturday performance at the box-office.'« Mr. Titov ... two tickets for the Saturday performance. It was already late and he decided not to go home. He ... his wife and she came to the theatre just in time for ... .
The performance was .... They ... it very much. It ... at a quarter
eleven. It was not very late and they had time ... the news ....
XXVI. Переведите на английский язык:
1. В прошлое воскресенье было очень холодно, и мы решили не ездить за город. 2. Она попросила нас не курить в комнате. 3. Мать велела детям не смотреть телевизионную передачу после ужина. 4. Зимой в Москве обычно бывает холодно. Светает зимой поздно. Дни короткие, а ночи длинные. На улицах много снега. Некоторые люди любят зиму. Я тоже люблю зиму. Я люблю гулять зимой по утрам. 5. Вчера у нас был выходной день. Мы встали в 7 часов утра. Было уже совсем светло. Мы позавтракали и поехали за город. Там было замечательно. Мы хорошо погуляли. Домой мы вернулись поздно, б. — На вашей улице есть театр? — Нет, но в нашем районе есть 2 новых театра. Я очень люблю театр. В прошлый выходной день я был в театре с женой. В тот вечер шел новый спектакль. Он начался в 7.30. В театре было много народу. Нам очень понравился этот спектакль.
Speech Exercises (Речевые упражнения)
XXVII. Перескажите текст урока и воспроизведите диалог.
XXVIII. Ответьте на следующие вопросы н на освове ответов составьте крат
1. Was it a fine day yesterday? 2. Was it warm or cold? 3. Did you go for a walk? 4. With whom did you go for a walk? 5. What did you do after that?
1. Do you often go to the theatre? 2. When did you last go to the theatre? 3. Where did you buy tickets for the performance? 4. What performance did you see? 5. Was the performance wonderful? 6. When did it begin? 7. When was it over?
1. Do you and your family like watching T. V.? 2. When do you usually watch T. V.? 3. What did you see last night? 4. Did your children see it too or did they go to bed? 5. Do your children like watching T. V. very much?
1. Which of you lived in Petersburg some years ago? 2. In what year did you live there? 3. Do you like Petersburg? 4. How many years did you live there? 5. Does it get warm there early or late in spring? 6. When does it get dark there in spring? 7. Do you like white nights? 8. Are they wonderful?
XXIX. Прочитайте и перескажите следующие тексты:
On our last day off the weather was very nice. It was not very cold. There was a lot of snow outside. After breakfast we went for a walk to the park. It was a wonderful winter morning. There were a lot of people in the park. All of us liked our walk very much.
On our way home we met my wife's brother and invited him to have dinner with us. We took a taxi and came home in half an hour. We were just in time for dinner.
weather [7шебэ] погода; to invite приглашать
My wife and I often go to the theatre on our days off. Last Sunday we went to the Bolshoi Theatre to hear an opera. "Ivan Susanin" was on that night. We liked the music very much. The opera was wonderful. It was over at a quarter past ten. We came home early. We had supper, listened to the news on the radio and went to bed at half past eleven.
an opera ['opera] опера
XXX. Составьте диалоги на основе следующих ситуаций:
Ann met Peter in the street the other day. Peter last met Ann a year ago and was happy to see her now.
Peter is an engineer. He works at our Ministry. He
works a lot. He likes his work very much. He also learns English and can already read books and speak English.
Ann is still a student of the Institute of Foreign Languages. She learns French. Ann often goes to the theatre. She likes the theatre very much. She last saw a wonderful performance at the Art Theatre.
Peter and Ann decided to go to the Ermolova Theatre to see "Pushkin" there.
Mr. Zernov met his friend Mitin at the theatre during the interval. "The Three Sisters" was on that night. It was a surprise to Mr. Zernov to see his friend at the theatre. They began to speak about the performance. They liked the performance very much.
Mr. Zernov likes the Art Theatre and the Maly Theatre very much.
Mr. Mitin seldom goes to the theatre. He studies at an evening institute. Sometimes he goes to the theatre on Sunday.
XXXI. Закончите следующие ситуации:
It was my day off yesterday. I got up at 8 o'clock in the morning, dressed, shaved, washed and had breakfast. Then ...
On our last day off" we decided to go to the theatre. A new performance was on. We came to the booking-office ...
It was wonderful outside yesterday morning. The air was frosty but it was not cold ...
XXXII. Составьте ситуации со следующими словами и словосочетаниями:
· in summer, short, long, warm, wonderful, on Sundays, to go to the country;
· on my last day off, to have breakfast, to go for a walk, frosty, cold, a lot of snow;
· to be on, to go to the theatre, wonderful, performance, to meet, a surprise, to be over;
· on my way home, to buy, to have supper, to watch T. V., to listen to the news, to go to bed.
XXXIII. Выполните следующие задания:
· Позвоните по телефону своему другу и расскажите ему о своем прошлом выходном дне. Спросите его, где он был в этот день.
· Обсудите пьесу, которую вы видели в выходной день с вашим товарищем. Товарища вы встретили в театре во время антракта. Спросите его, часто ли он ходит в театр.
· Расскажите при встрече своему другу о своей прогулке с детьми в выходной день. Поговорите о погоде.
XXXIV. Сделайте сообщения на следующие темы:
1. My day off. 2. An evening at home. 3. At the theatre. 4. A winter day.
XXXV. Напишите сочинения на темы, употребив следующие слова и словосочетания:
WINTER IN MOSCOW
winter, to begin, long, in winter, to get light, late, cold, outside, frosty, snow, streets, dark, to go for a walk.
MY FRIEND'S DAY OFF
on his last day off, to get up, light, to have breakfast, to decide to go to the country, on their way there, to buy ham, cheese, bread, milk, wonderful, to go for a walk, to read, to play, to come back, to have supper, to watch T. V., to listen to the news on the radio, to go to bed.
GOING TO THE THEATRE
last Friday, to go to the Ermolova Theatre, to be on that night, to go to the theatre box-office, to come just in time, a lot of people at the theatre, the performance, during the interval, to meet, to speak about, to decide to meet on Sunday.
a holiday-home a sunshade
beautiful to have a good time
wonderful a film
the sea interesting
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 126.96.36.199 (0.025 с.)