Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Present Perfect. Использование used to
Задание 1. Раскройте скобки и поставьте глагол в Present Perfect Tense
1. I (lose) my key. I can’t find it anywhere. 2. I’m hungry. I (not eat) today. 3. My friend always (tell) me the truth, but I see that she (tell) a lie now.
Задание 2. Соотнесите вопросы и ответы
Задание 1. Раскройте скобки и поставьте глагол в нужную форму
1. My granny (never, meet) him. 2. Who is that man? Why (he, look) at me. 3. What language they (speak) in Holland? 4. I (not like) green apples last year.
Задание 2. Поставьте глаголы в нужную видовременную форму и составьте предложения из предлагаемых слов
1. I, buy, a new car. 2. You, read the book, last week? 3. You, take, your vacation, yet? 4. I, not, read, newspaper, yesterday. 5. I, not, read, newspaper, today. 6. Ever, be, California?
Задание 3. Закончите предложения, поставив глагол в скобках в Present Perfect Tense или в Past Simple Tense
1. We _____ in Manchester from 1985 to 1990, but we _____ to Liverpool. (live, move)
2. A: There's a great film at the Odeon this week. _____ it? (you see)
B: Not this week. I _____ it in London last year. (see)
3. When we were kids we _____ to Blackpoll for our holidays, but I _____ back there for years. (go, not be)
4.A: This is Mary. I don't think you _____. (meet)
B: Oh yes. We know each other well. We _____ at school together. (be)
5. A: I _____ to phone John, but he's not at home. (try)
B: He should be. He _____ his work an hour ago. (leave)
Задание 4. Брайан изменил стиль жизни. Он перестал делать одни вещи и начал делать другие. Напишите предложения о Брайане, используя used to and didn't use to
Задание 5. Сравните, что Кэрол говорила 5 лет назад, и что она говорит сегодня. Напишите предложения о том, как изменилась Кэрол. Используйте used to / didn't use to / never used to в первой части предложений
Задание 1. Закончите предложения, используя глагол из первого предложения в Present Perfect Tense
1. Jill is in London. She … in London since Monday. 2. I know George. I … him for a long time. 3. They are married. They … married since 1983. 4. Brian is ill. He … ill for a week. 5. We live in this house. We … here for ten years. 6. I know Tom very well. I … him for a long time. 7. We are waiting for you. We … waiting since 8 o'clock. 8. Alice works in a bank. She … in a bank for five years. 9. I'm learning English. I … learning English for six months. 10. She has a headache. She … a headache since she got up.
Задание 2. Переведите с русского языка на английский
1. Куда ты ходил? 2. Ты ходил в кино или в театр? 3. Кто ходил в кино с тобой? 4. Что ты читаешь? 5. Ты учил английский вчера в 5 часов? 6. Куда ты пойдешь с твоим другом на следующей неделе. 7. Мы ее давно не видели. 8. Бабушка с дедушкой уже навестили своих внуков. 9. Ты когда-нибудь был в Африке? 10. Он все сделал для нее. 11. Концерт еще не начался. 12. Я только что позавтракал.
Задание 3. Дополните предложения, используя use(d) to + подходящий по смыслу глагол
Model: Dennis gave up smoking two years ago. He used to smoke 40 cigarettes a day.
1.Liz … a motorbike, but last year she sold it and bought a car.
2.We came to live in Manchester a few years ago. We … in Nottingham.
3.I rarely eat ice cream now but I … it when I was a child.
4.Jim … my best friend but we aren't friends any longer.
5.It only takes me about 40 minutes to get to work since the new road was opened. It … more than an hour.
6.There … a hotel opposite the station but it closed a long time ago
7.When you lived in London, … to the theatre very often?
ОБУЧАЮЩИЙ МОДУЛЬ 4.3
Функции и перевод слова One
Задание 1. Переведите предложения на русский язык
Задание 1. A задает вопросы В. Допишите ответы В, используя информацию и употребляя “one”
Model: This cup is dirty. Can I have a clean one?
2. I'm going to sell my car and then I'm going to buy …………………………..?
3. That's not a very good photograph but this is ………………………………...?
4. This box is too small. I need ………………………………………………….?
5. I want today's newspaper. This is ………………………………………….....?
6. Why do we always go to the same restaurant? Let's go to …………………...?
Задание 1. Дополните диалоги, употребляя one/ones и предложенную информацию
ОБУЧАЮЩИЙ МОДУЛЬ 4.4
Союзы. So do I, Neither do I
Задание 1. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на использование союзов
1. Most people choose a hobby, because they want to relax after a period of hard work. 2. If you go to the museum, you can see that rare book. 3. They say that you attended the opera yesterday. 4. When we came they were making a model airplane. 5.1 want to play a musical instrument, but I have no possibility.
Задание 2. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на придаточные предложения
1. When it is raining heavily, the English say: "It's raining cats and dogs".
2. Melting snow is quick, because winters are extremely mild.
3. If I come to the library, I will assist you in finding some information on the subject.
4. They say that they have three variants of weather.
5. After you look around, you may climb 263 steps to the Whispering Gallery which is running round the dome of St Paul's Cathedral.
Задание 3. Заполните таблицу
1. Не will be here either at 6 or at 7. 2. He was both tired and thirsty, for it was very hot. 3. I left very early because I was to go to meet' a friend at the station. 4. He thought that the train arrived at 6.15. 5. That exercise is not only too long but also too difficult. 6. It is clear that he is wrong. 7. I shall not go to the country unless the weather is fine. 8. I don't know if he has finished the book yet. 9. Stay here until I comeback. 10. I needn't tell you anything as he has told you all about it already.
Задание 4. Переведите на русский язык
1. - I work in a bank. – So do I.
2. - We went to the cinema last night. – Did you? So did we.
3. - I will not be here tomorrow. – Neither will I.
4. - I never eat meat. – Neither do I.
5. - Tom is happy. – So am I.
6. - Jim can’t drive a car. – Neither can I.
Задание 1. Укажите сочинительные и подчинительные союзы. Переведите предложения на русский язык
1. I cannot do it as you do. 2. He always left the house at eight o'clock in order that he might not miss the train. 3. This road seems longer than I thought. 4. We decided to go further in spite of the fact that the road was so bad. 5. He was born in Warsaw, so he speaks Polish very well. 6. While I was sitting there, he came up to me. 7. That needs no explanation since it is self-evident. 8. We shall order the machine provided that the price is reduced by 10 per cent. 9. They are working quickly so that they may finish early. 10. There are not so many people here as I expected.
Задание 2. Составьте ответ, используя So … I ( So am I / So do I / So can I) и т.п.
1. I went to bed late last night. – _______
2. I am hungry. – _______
3. I have been to Rome. – _______
4. I want to go home now. – _______
5. I’ll be late tomorrow. – _______
6. I was surprised at the news. – _______
Задание 3. Составьте ответ, используя Neither … I
1. I can’t play the piano. – _______
2. I didn’t buy a newspaper. – _______
3. I haven’t got any money. – _______
4. I’m not working tomorrow. – _______
5. I didn’t know them very well. – _______
Задание 4. Вы разговариваете с Марией. Составьте ответы от своего имени, используя So … I или Neither … I
Задание 1. Составьте 5 предложений с сочинительными союзами и 7 предложений с подчинительными союзами.
Задание 2. Заполните пропуски выражениями, соответствующими русским сочетаниям слов и я (он, вы, они и т. д.) тоже
1. I'm dying of hunger.... 2. We're very grateful to you.... 3. My brother can't draw.... 4. We'll be meeting in the hall at half past six.... 5. My father always gives me good advice.... 6. You didn't tell me of the meeting.... 7. My sister's son has made good progress in his English lately.... 8. We'll soon join them.... 9. I'm not at all upset.... 10. They enjoyed themselves very much.... 11. We didn't enjoy ourselves at all.... 12. Comrade Serov's just finished painting a new picture....
МОДУЛЬНЫЙ БЛОК №5
“reading BOOKS AND ARTS”
Music in our Life
Задание 1. Прочитайте и переведите текст, обратите внимание на слова, выделенные курсивом
English and American Music
People in Great Britain and the USA are fond of music. Their tastes differ but there are so many groups, musical theatres, orchestras, singers that they can satisfy every taste.
It is almost a tradition with English and American families to visit concert halls on weekends. A lot of music festivals are held in towns and cities of these countries. Choral festivals, for example, were born 300 years ago in England and now they are as popular as before.
The most famous festival in Wales is Eisteddfod. It is a competition in poetry and singing which takes place every summer. It lasts a week. In the 20th century Great Britain became the world centre of pop music. Such outstanding groups as the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd brought undying fame to the music of the British Isles.
American music appeared as a result of the combination of different music traditions brought by immigrants from various countries. For Europeans American music means jazz, spirituals, blues. At present American pop music is an essential part of show business. It strongly influences the music life of the world.
Задание 2. Прочитайте и переведите диалоги
- Have you ever heard Ted playing the electric guitar?
- Never. I haven’t even heard he can play it.
- Yes, he can. And people say he is quite good at it. He has recently organized a heavy metal band with four boys in it.
- Has he? That’s amazing. Have any of them ever studied singing and playing?
- Never. None of them have. I doubt if they can even read music. They just listen to a song and get it right down. They have natural talent.
- Have they given any concerts?
- Yes, they have. They have already become fairly popular in their neighborhood.
Задание 3. Выучите тему наизусть
Music in Our Life
I love music. I think people can not live without music. The thing I do in the morning I switch on my tape-recorder. We can hear music everywhere. I think it’s really doesn’t matter what kind of music you prefer: rock, pop, classical, jazz. A lot of people are fond of music.
They buy tapes, go to the concerts, and visit Concert Halls and Opera Theatres. I enjoy listening to music because it reflects my moods and emotions. Very often when I’m blue, I play my favorite merry songs and feel much better. Sometimes I attend music halls and the concerts, when popular groups and singers are there. I like watching music programs on TV. I’d like to know more and more about popular talented groups and singers I like. One of the walls of my room is covered with posters of Bon Jovi, Scorpions, Roxette, Russian singers Agutin, Sjutkin, Linda and others.
Some people go to musical schools; they play different musical instruments, sing in the chorus and try to compose music.
Unfortunately there are so many ungifted singers on the stages that it makes me sad. To have a good producer doesn’t mean to have good ears and voice. I think that only talented people can claim to be singers.
Задание 4. Образуйте вопросы от предложений, используя образцы
a) The word “theatre” comes from a Greek word.
- Does the word “theatre” come from a Greek word?-Yes, it does.
- The word “theatre” comes from a Greek word, doesn’t it? - Yes, it does.
1. The first written music dates from about 2500 B.C.
2. Music takes many forms around the world nowadays.
3. Music plays a major role in other arts.
4. An opera and ballet house is a kind of a theatre.
b) Theatre requires many kinds of artists.
- Why does theatre require many kinds of artists?
1. Music plays a major role in other arts.
2. Music plays an important part in all culture.
3. Ballet needs music.
c) Drama includes different forms.
- What forms does drama include? (- Drama includes such forms, as tragedies, serious drama, melodrama, comedy.)
1. Music takes many forms around the word.
2. Music includes two chief kinds.
Задание 1. Ответьте на вопросы
1. Do you like music? 2. What kind of classical music do you know? 3. What kind of popular music do you know? 4. What does music provide people with? 5. What kind of music do you like? 6. Does it make you happy? 7. Do you often listen to music? 8. Does music help you? 9. Are you a fan of any pop or rock group? 10. What are your favorite singers? 11. Do you listen to music at home or at the concert? 12. Did you go to the musical school?13. Can you play any musical instrument? 14. Are there many people fond of music?
Задание 2. Прочитайте текст и заполните таблицу, указав верно или нет утверждение
Jane is a very musical child. She likes music very much. She studies music at musical school. Jane plays the piano and the violin. She sings very well too. Jane always takes part in concerts. Her friends like to listen to her songs. She often plays the piano at her friends’ birthday parties. Music is not only her hobby. She wants to become a great pianist.
Задание 3. Составьте предложения. Первое слово в предложении выделено курсивом
1) in, cultures, Music, all, play, part, an, important.
2) all, Nearly, use, religious, music, in, their, people, services.
3) perform, music, own, their, satisfaction, Many, people, for.
Задание 1. Образуйте вопросы, ответом на которые будут являться слова, выделенные курсивом. Слова в скобках помогут вам
1. A director of the theatre integrates all aspects of production (who).
2. Music plays a major in other arts (what).
Задание 2. Переведите с русского языка на английский
1. Театру необходимы различные специалисты: драматурги, актёры, режиссер, костюмер, музыканты, хореографы и многие другие. Музыка играет огромную роль в театре. Она помогает создать настроение и усиливает действие спектакля.
2. Музыка – одно из самых древних искусств. Люди вероятно стали петь, как только начал развиваться язык. Многие древние люди, включая Египтян, китайцев и людей Индии, использовали музыку на религиозных церемониях.
Задание 3. Подготовить реферат по теме (тема свободная)
ОБУЧАЮЩИЙ МОДУЛЬ 5.2
At the Library
Задание 1. Прочитайте и переведите диалог, обратите внимание на выражения, выделенные курсивом
Nadia: Good morning! Could you recommend me something interesting?
Librarian: Of course I can, but wouldn't you like to look through the catalogue yourself? (Nadia looks through the subject catalogue, chooses two books, fills in a slip and hands it to the librarian).This isn't the kind of book I'd recommend you to read. That one is a well-written entertaining story of the war.
Nadia: Then I rely on your choice. You have already suggested to me quite a number of interesting books which I have read with the greatest interest.
Librarian: There are so many subscribers to our library that it's difficult to remember the taste of each.
Nadia: In fact, I am interested in everything: fiction, historical books and books on journey. Couldn't you recommend me something in English? I prefer to read foreign literature in the original, not in translation, just for the sake of improving my knowledge of English.
Librarian: I'd suggest to you a science fiction novel. It's not difficult for reading. The language of the characters is chiefly colloquial. It is a very exciting and entertaining book and very much in demand.
Nadia: Well, let me have it. This book is just the thing for me.
Librarian: Please, let me have your card and I'll make an entry in it.
Nadia: Thank you very much. I've got something to read for at least a fortnight.
Задание 2. Выучите тему наизусть
At the Library
Books play a great role in our life. Reading makes a man clever and wise. There are lots of libraries in our country. As for me, I like to read very much and I go to the library to get a new interesting book. We see many books on the shelves. There are different novels, poems, plays, books on sports, history and geography. You can not only take home books from the library, you can read books in the reading-hall. But I prefer to read at home. Best of all I like to read adventure books, detective stories and historical novels. Some time ago I read a famous historical novel written by the great Russian writer Leo Tolstoy. It's called "War and Peace". The book is very big, but it's easy to read. It depicts the events of the war of 1812 between Russian and French armies. The author has described the atmosphere of that time. The main heroes of the novel are Natasha Rostova, Pierre Besoukhov. I’ve read the book with great interest.
Задание 3. Переведите слова в скобках на английский язык, а затем все предложение на русский язык
1. Nadya is (любит читать) at the public library. 2. Reading books is (большое удовольствие) for her. 3. She exchanges books every (две недели). 4. She (просматривает) the subject-catalogue. 5. She (просматривает) two books. 6. Nadya fills in (требование) and (вручает) it to the librarian. 7. The librarian (не рекомендует) her this book. 8. The chosen book is а (бессодержательная) one. 9. She (полагается) on the librarian's choice. 10. The librarian (помнит) the taste of each subscriber. 11. The librarian (предлагает) to her a science fiction book. 12. The book suggested by the librarian is a very (захватывающая и занимательная) one. 13. Nadya prefers reading foreign literature in the original (ради усовершенствования знаний) of the foreign language. 14. The librarian makes an entry (в карточку). 15. The book (пользуется большим спросом). 16. Nadya enjoys reading newspapers and (журналы). 17. She likes to read (рецензии) of books, plays and films. 18. She is well informed about the latest (мировых событиях).
Задание 4. Поставьте глаголы в предложениях в Present Continuous Tense
1. I go to the library every day. 2. I read the books in the evening. 3. Mr. Brown fills in the request slip in the library. 4. They read magazines in the Reading room. 5. My friends often go to the library. 6. They often work in the current periodicals area. 7. I always wait for my books at the issue desk.
Задание 1. Прочитайте и переведите текст, ответьте на вопросы после текста
Books in My Life
A book is one of the greatest wonders of world. Why are so many people fond of reading? The world of books is full of wonders. Together with the characters of books you can find yourself in different countries, have a lot of adventures. The book is a faithful friend. They form our values and characters. We try to look like the characters of our favourite books: to be brave, honest, not to be silly and greedy, to be real friends. We enjoyed the beauty and wisdom of fairy-tales and fables when we were babies and Granny read them. They taught us to be kind, clever and hardworking, to understand other people and help them. They teach us to understand the beauty of nature, take care of it, to love our homeland.
Books have been with us since childhood. Who hasn’t read «Alice in the Wonderland», «Mowgli»? Who hasn’t travelled with Marry Poppins to her imaginary world? Who hasn’t imagined himself to be Robinson Crusoe on the deserted island?
I have read a lot of interesting books, but my favourite book is «The Adventures of Tom Sawyer» by Mark Twain. This well-known book is popular with the children all over the world.
The main character of the book is Tom Sawyer, who lived in a small town on the Mississippi River. He was a boy with a wild imagination. He and his friends often dreamed of different adventures. Tom was naughty, kind and brave. Besides he was noble. I like this boy because he teaches us to be true friends.
If you are not fond of reading, take a book to your liking or borrow it from the library and read it. Books are worth reading, they are our good friends.
1. What kind of books do you prefer to read?
2. Do you like to read English or Russian books?
3. Is it possible to live without books for you?
4. Books are our friends, aren't they?
5. How many classes of books do we distinguish?
Задание 2. Заполните пропуски подходящими словами
1. Go to the ... area and find the class mark of the book. 2. Will you give the request slip to the librarian...? 3. Where can I get the books? At ... desk on the ground floor. 4. There are many newspapers, magazines and journals in the ... area. 5. Can I ... some books by Chekhov? 6. Fill in the ... and hand it in. 7. Who is your ... writer? 8. Do you like...? — No, I am not very ... on.... I like.... 9. The book is so interesting that I read it yesterday....
Задание 3. Поставьте вопросы к выделенным словам
1. They are reading magazines in the Reading room. 2. Peter is filling in the request slip. 3. They are reading magazines and newspapers. 4. I am going to the library. 5. The students are working in the Reading room now. 6. Look at Mr. Brown. He is borrowing some books. 7. Mrs. Smith is standing at the issue desk. 8. He is talking to the librarian on duty.
Задание 1. Переведите на английский язык
1. В нашей библиотеке много периодических изданий. 2. В субботу после обеда я буду заниматься (to work) в библиотеке. 3. Где можно взять бланк заказа? 4. Сейчас я пойду к столу выдачи и получу книги. 5. «Неделя» — очень популярная еженедельная газета. 6. К сожалению, я не знаю фамилии автора. 7. Где предметный каталог? Я хочу узнать шифр книги. 8. Это — ежемесячный журнал.
Задание 2. Составьте предложения, используя следующие словосочетания.
Model: going to the library - Peter and his friend are going to the library.
1. talking to a visitor. 2. returning books to the librarian. 3. filling in a request slip. 4. reading the weekly "Moscow News". 5. doing their homework
Задание 3. Переведите диалог на английский язык
— Ты любишь читать книги?
— О, да! Чтение книг для меня большое удовольствие.
— Ты часто меняешь книги в библиотеке?
— Да, каждые две недели.
— Ты сам выбираешь себе книги или библиотекарь рекомендует тебе?
— Обычно я полагаюсь на библиотекаря. Он мне часто предлагает интересные книги. Но иногда я просматриваю каталог и выбираю книги сам.
— Какую литературу ты читаешь?
— Я читаю художественную, историческую и научно-фантастическую литературу.
— Ты читаешь иностранную литературу в оригинале или в переводе?
— Я предпочитаю читать английские книги в оригинале для усовершенствования своих знаний в английском языке.
— Какую английскую книгу ты взял?
— Я взял научно-фантастическую книгу. Библиотекарь говорит, что это очень занимательная книга. Язык персонажей главным образом разговорный. Она легко читается и пользуется большим спросом.
— Читаешь ли ты газеты и журналы?
— Конечно. Я также нахожу время читать рецензии на книги, пьесы и фильмы.
Задание 4. Напишите сочинение на тему «My favourite book»
Going to the Cinema and the Theatre
Задание 1. Прочитайте и переведите высказывания молодых людей об их отношении к кино и домашнему видео
Which Side Are You on?
Amy: If you don’t understand something on the video you can always rewind the film and play it back.
Joe: You have more choice with a video.
Mark: You can see film straight away in the cinema.
Julie: The cinema is more sociable as you often go with friends.
Stuart: Films are never the same on a small screen.
Victoria: In the cinema you concentrate more.
Nigel: You can watch a film in the comfort of your own home.
Marion: Going to the cinema is more sociable.
Задание 2. Прочитайте и переведите диалог
Going to a Movie
George: Hi, Heather, I was wondering if you’re free tomorrow night.
Heather: Well, George, I guess I am. Why do you ask?
George: I have just gotten a pair of advance “Star Wars” movie tickets from a friend and was thinking of inviting you along for the opening premier. Are you interesting?
Heather: Yeah, definitely! Thanks for inviting me!
George: No problem.
Heather: I really wanted to watch “Star Wars” on the opening day but the advance tickets were sold out. How did you manage to get hold of ‘em?
George: A friend of mine works at the corporate headquarters of “Pepsi”, which is major sponsor of the movie. He was able to get the tickets for free, and then he sold 2 to me for 50$ a piece.
Heather: You paid tickets? That’s a huge premium over the regular price!
George: Not really, considering the fact that people are paying as high as 200$ each on the “black market”. Besides, I knew you were really looking forward to seeing “Star Wars” on the opening day.
Heather: Wow, I’m really honored you went through all this trouble just for my sake. I really appreciate that. So, what time are we going?
George: Well, let’s see. The movie starts at 10 p.m. We should get there at least 1 hour earlier because there’ll be a big line. I could pick you up at your house at 8, if that’s OK with you.
Heather: 8 o’clock? That’s fine time with me.
George: Okay. Good.
Heather: So I’ll see you tomorrow at 8 then?
George: Yeah. That’s great. I’ll see you tomorrow night, Heather.
Heather: Okay, George. Bye!
George: Bye, Heather.
George: So… what did you think of the movie?
Heather: Well… I think this “Star Wars” is an excellent piece of work. But not as good as the previous ones.
George: Really? I don’t agree. This “Star Wars” episode was incredible!
Heather: Why do you think so?
George: Well, the special effects are the main reason for the success of the previous episode, so audiences have high expectations of this one. And I don’t think they’ll be disappointed.
Heather: You’re right. The special effects were amazing! And I like that fact that they created so many fantastic settings and other worldly costumes, weapons and creatures.
George: It’s kind of cool that they still use the same “Star Wars” theme song for this movie.
Heather: Yeah! It reminds me of the previous “Star Wars”.
George: I know exactly what you mean! Hearing that song gives me a nostalgic feeling.
Heather: I thought the overall plot of the movie was very interesting. But I don’t think the character development was all that strong.
George: Do you think they had anything to do with the casting of the movie?
Heather: No, the casting is great, the actors were excellent. They just didn’t have a lot of funny or meaningful dialogue. The writing was a little weak.
George: Well, maybe, but I like the little kid who played young “Anakin Skywalker”. I can’t imagine anyone else playing that role.
Heather: I liked him too. He’s soooo cute! You know, even though I was slightly disappointed, I can’t wait for the next episode. I wonder when they’re going to start making it and when it’s scheduled for release.
George: I have no idea. But looking at the success of this “Star Wars” episode, I have a strong feeling production for the following episode will begin pretty soon. I hope it’ll be even better than this one.
Heather: I hope so, too.
George: Well, I think we should go now. It’s getting pretty late.
Heather: OK. Let’s go.
Задание 2. Переведите слова, данные в скобках на английский язык, воспользуйтесь словарем
1. I am (большой любитель театра). 2. I like to see (как русские, так и зарубежные пьесы). 3. I like to sit in (в первом ряду). 4. (обычно) I book (билеты заранее). 5. When we came to the theatre we saw a sign at the entrance («все билеты проданы»). 6. We left our coats in (гардеробе) and brought a programme. 7. When the curtain (опустился) the house (начал аплодировать). 8. When I have (свободное время) I’m going to the cinema. 9. There are different kinds of films (черно-белые, звуковые, немые, киножурналы, мультфильмы, дублированные и документальные). 10. There is a new cinema (недалеко от нашего дома). 11. (перед каждым сеансом) some newsreel or a documentary is shown soon. 12. In the foyer one can see (фотографии кинозвезд и рекламу) on the films which will be shown soon. 13. After the third bell (свет начинает медленно гаснуть) and the film begins.
Задание 3. Выберите подходящее по смыслу слово и заполните пропуск в предложении
1. In a broad sense, theatre includes the script, the performing company, ..., the audience.
A) drama В) melodrama С) comedy D) the stage
2. Drama comprises serious drama, melodrama, ..., comedy.
A) tragedies В) performance С) playwright D) performers
3. For all the performances, a playwright, performers, a director, a scene designer, ... are needed.
A) dancers В) a costumier С) a choreographer D) a writer
4. There are different kinds of theatres, such as drama theatres, puppet theatres, ... theatres.
A) ballet В) musical С) central D) dancing
5. Some theatres have a ... company.
A) regular В) successful С) enjoyable D) repertory
6. Opera combines ... and orchestral music with drama.
A) dancing В) scenery С) singing D) lighting
Задание 1. Ответьте на вопросы
A) 1. Are you a theatre lover? 2. What theatres do you prefer to go to? 3. Do you book tickets beforehand? 4. Who is your favorite actor (composer, musician and artist)? 5. Which do you prefer: ballet, opera, drama or comedy? Explain your choice. 6. Are you a member of any drama circle? Do you enjoy it? Why? 7. Why is video so popular nowadays?
B) 1. Do you like to go to the cinema? 2. What kinds of films do you know? 3. What kind o movies do you like? What is your all-time favorite movie? What kind of movies do you dislike? Why? 4. Do you like to watch cartoons? 5. Do you like to watch horror movies? 6. Have you ever seen the same movie more than once? What is the best movie you have ever seen? What is the scariest movie you have ever seen? 7. What movie stars would you most like to meet? 8. Who are some of your favorite actors and actresses? 9. If a book has been made into a movie, which do you prefer to do first, see the movie or read the book? 10. Is there a cinema not far from your house? 11. Are newsreels and documentaries always interesting?
Задание 2. Найдите английские эквиваленты русских слов. Они расположены в разных направлениях
Задание 3. Ответьте на вопросы о театре
Задание 1. В тексте есть ошибки: 4 — лексические, 5 — грамматические. Исправьте эти ошибки.
Like drama and dance, music are a performing art. It differ from such arts as paintin and poetry, in which artists creates works and then displays or publishes them. Musikal komposers need musishians to interpret and perform their works, just as playwrights need actors to perform their plays.
Задание 2. Прочитайте следующие высказывания и скажите, верны они или нет
1. There are about 50 principal theatres in professional use in or near the East End and some 20 in the suburbs.
2. The National Theatre which stage classical and modern plays in its complex of three theatres on the North Bank of The River Thames.
3. The Royal Opera House, Convent Garden, London, which receives financial assistance from the Arts Council, gives regular season of opera and ballet.
4. The Royal Shakespeare Company which performs in the London Coliseum gives of opera and operetta in English it also tours the provinces.
5. Every 10 years the International Festival of University Theatres is held.
Outside London there are many non-repertory theaters which present all kinds – “pop” music, jazz, light music and brass bands.
Задание 3. Прочитайте рассказ и закончите его.
My Favourite Film
Usually we see films in the cinema or on the TV. But from time to time we go to the cinema.
Among different types of films (that is comedy, romantic drama, western, adventure film, police drama or detective film, horror film, historical) best of all I like comedy and romantic drama. I don’t like horror films and I find them disgusting. Sometimes I can watch police drama but I‘m not very keen on this type of films.
Recently I saw the film …
Задание 4. Кто эти люди? Соотнесите название профессии с тем, что они делают
Model:A boom operator is a man who holds the microphone.
Задание 5. Составьте предложения из предлагаемых выражений
1. Usually/sometimes/as a rule we go to ... cinema because _____ /we go to the _____ o'clock show.
2. Asfor me, I like to go _____.
3. My seat is/was _____ in the dress-circle/balcony/stalls/in the _____ row.
4. There was _____ a documentary film/a cartoon _____ before the film.
5. It is/was a comedy/a filmed concert/a war film/a political film/an educational film/a film which had a lot of good music/a film about foreign countries/a documentary film/a film version of a story or book/a film about present-day problems/a film about great.../a film which gets you thinking _____.
6. The film is/was based on _____ (a novel/story/play).
7. The film is/was produced by _____ studio.
8. The script was written by _____.
9. The director of the film is _____.
10. Starring in _____ are/were _____.
11. The film shows(ed) _____ struggle of _____ /against _____/love and friendship between _____ /complex relations between _____ /the fate of _____ during _____.
12. The direction is _____ (skillful/professional).
13. The acting is _____ (real/true to life/excellent/first-class).
14. I enjoyed this film, because _____.
Задание 6. Обсудите фильм, который вы посмотрели недавно с друзьями и он вам понравился. Используйте выражения согласия/несогласия.
To agree To disagree
ОБУЧАЮЩИЙ МОДУЛЬ 5.4
In the Museum, Picture Gallery
Задание 1. Переведите слова с английского языка на русский
a historical museum, a picture gallery, sculpture, impressionist, a museum-apartment, in the middle ground, world-famous, expose, I am interested in.
Задание 2. Прочитайте и переведите предложения
1. Peter is interested in painting of Gothic art. 2. I would like to visit this photo-show, I think its very interesting. 3. Excuse me, how can I get to a museum of modern art? 4. He belongs to the realistic trend in painting.5. B. Kustodiev, a talented genre-painter, worked a lot to create a new socialist culture.
Задание 3. Прочитайте и переведите текст
The British Museum
Sir Hans Sloane was a great collector. He filled his house with rare books and pictures, precious stones, stuffed animals, birds and butterflies, and ancient remains from all over the world. There had never been a collection quite like it, and visitors were amazed by what they saw.
When Sir Hans Sloane died in 1753, his will let the King buy the whole collection for just £ 20,000 so that it could belong to the nation for ever. This was the start of the British Museum.
It took thirty years and thousands of tons of stone to complete the building and the forty-four massive columns which decorate the front. The building of the British Museum was finished in 1948.
The British Museum started as a museum which collected everything. At first it was particularly famous for its natural history collection and its vast library of books.
Three stuffed giraffes used to stand at the top of the stairs in old Montagu house.
In the 1880s all the museum's stuffed animals and birds were moved to the new Natural History museum at South Kensington.
Children today are sometimes surprised not to find any dinosaurs in the museum ... but there are plenty of other ancient and marvellous things to look at.
Задание 1. Прочитайте, переведите текст и ответьте на вопросы
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-04-19; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 184.108.40.206 (0.08 с.)