Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Pavel’s Teachers and Parents Are Proud of Him
⇐ ПредыдущаяСтр 27 из 27
Pavel Delvig has achieved the highest results in the country. Pavel got “A”sin maths, computing, economics, business studies, French, German, Russian. Pavel's results have delightedboth Pavel, his family, and his teachers at the King's School.
Pavel moved from Russia to Germany for his parents' work when he was nine. The family then moved to Norway before coming to Britain. He started learning English when he was 12. He won a scholarshipto King's School. Now he is going to enter Cambridge University.
NOTES: delight-доставлять наслаждение, восхищать
Выберите окончание предложений согласно тексту статьи.
Задание 2. Поработайте переводчиком: переведите фразы с русского языка на английский и с английского на русский.
Alex, a Russian student, is talking with James Mitchell, an American from Las Vegas, Nevada. This time their conversation is about the education in the USA.
Задание 3. Какой вы видите вашу будущую профессию. Ответьте на вопросы
Задание 4. Что людям приходится делать на работе? Опираясь на предлагаемые вопросы и выражения из задания 3, составьте небольшой рассказ об одной из профессий
What do people have to do in their jobs?
1. Does a nanny have to use a computer?
2. Do accountants have to answer the telephone?
3. Does a designer have to help a boss to plan the schedule?
4. Do postmen have to deliver goods?
5. Does an engineer have to make paintings or drawings?
Задание 5. Переведите на английский язык, употребляя глаголы в Present Simple или Future Simple.
1. Когда я приду домой, я позвоню вам. 2. Она позвонит нам вечером. 3. Если она позвонит вам, попросите ее принести мне книгу. 4. Я увижу Тома завтра. 5. Он придет через час. 6. Я поеду в Париж на будущей неделе. 7. Перед тем, как я поеду в Париж, я позвоню вам. 8. Я люблю ходить в парк осенью. 9. Четвертого июня мы поедем за город.
Задание 6. Закончите предложения, используя to be going to и один из глаголов
Example: Look at the sun! It is going to be hot today.
1. You aren't working very hard. I think you _____ your exam.
2. Paul doesn't like travelling by plane. So he _____
3. What_____ you _____ at the party on Saturday?
4. The bus is very slow. I think we_____ the train.
5. They _____ some money from the bank.
6. The weather is terrible. We _____ at home today.
7. Who _____ him the news?
Задание 7. Прочитайте ситуации и дополните предложения, используя will (‘ll) или going to.
МОДУЛЬНЫЙ БЛОК № 3
“MY NATIVE PLACES AND THE TOWN”
Задание 1. Переведите с английского языка на русский
1. Nature is beautiful in our parts.
2. My town is famous for its history.
3. The town is a centre of science and culture.
4. The people are proud of the town’s history and beauty and they take care of it.
5. How can I get to the hospital?
6. Does this bus go to the park?
7. What direction should I go in?
8. Please, let me by. I’m getting off now.
9. Take me to the airport.
Задание 2. Прочитайте и переведите диалог (You = Y; Group mate = G). Выпишите адрес товарища
Y: What are you doing tomorrow evening?
G: Nothing special. I haven't decided yet.
Y: We are having a party. I hope you can come.
G: I'd be very glad to come. Thank you. What time shall I come?
Y: Come around 5 if you can. And take down my address.
G: Wait a minute, please. I'll get a pen... Yes, go ahead.
Y: I live at number 17, Lesnaya Street. My flat is 26.
G: Where is it?
Y: Oh, that's easy. You could take a bus or the underground. Which one would you like to come by?
G: How long will it take me to get there by bus?
Y: By bus... about 35 minutes.
G: I think I'll take the underground. It'll be safer during the rush hour.
Y: You leave the metro in Lesnaya Street. Walk to the corner and then turn to the right. You'll see the bank on the opposite side of the street. Turn to the left. Walk a minute and you'll see an old church. My house is opposite that church.
G: Thank you. Shall I bring some cassettes?
Y: That'll be great. I know that music is your hobby.
G: OK. See you tomorrow.
Y: I'm glad you can come. Bye.
Задание 3. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple Tense
1. The cat (to take) a piece of fish and then (to run) away. 2. Yesterday I (to go) at seven o’clock. 3. He (to put) on his coat and cap, (to open) the door and (to go) out. 4. He (to come) back to St. Petersburg on the 15th of February. 5. Yesterday he (to write) a letter to his friend.
Задание 4. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Continuous Tense
1. Lena (to sweep) the floor from eleven till twelve on Sunday. 2. We (to work) the whole morning yesterday. 3. Mother (to cook) dinner at three o’clock the day before yesterday. 4. We (to discuss) the latest news from three till four yesterday. 5. At half past ten yesterday I (to sleep).
Задание 5. Выберите правильный предлог
1. Put the plates … the table. (on, to)
2. In winter I usually go … bed at ten o’clock. (into, to)
3. There is a girl standing … the bridge. (in, on)
4. Put these flowers … the vase. (in, into)
5. Come … the board. (in, to)
6. Where is the tea? – It is … the cup. (in, into)
7. May I come … the room? (in, into)
Задание 1. Ты собираешься организовать вечеринку. Пригласи товарищей из группы, сообщи им адрес и объясни, как им добраться (по диалогу из задания 2, 2 уровень)
Задание 2. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в форме Past Simple или Past Continuous
1. What children (to do) when you (to come) home yesterday? - They (to play) in their room.
2. He (to spend) last week in a hospital. He (to be) ill.
3. Why you (not to put) your coat on yesterday? It (to be) cold.
4. He (not to eat) when I (to come) yesterday. He (to read) a book.
5. She (not to see) me when I (to come) into the room, she (to read) at that moment.
6. My friends (to walk) when it (to begin) raining.
7. Yesterday I (to return) home at eight o'clock: it (to dark) and (to rain) at the time.
8. I (to cut) my finger when I (to peel) an apple.
Задание 3. Заполните пропуски словами, приведенными ниже
A) Why В) What C) What's D) How E) Where
1. _____ does your father go on Mondays? 2. _____ is she wearing? 3. _____ do you think of Mike? 4. _____ often does he go running? 5. _____ tall is he? 6. _____ was the party last night? 7. _____ many people live there? 8. _____ are they from? 9. _____ far is your school from our house? 10. _____ don't we have a game together some time? 11. _____ exams have you passed?
Задание 4. Вставьте необходимые предлоги
1. There are many people … the park today. 2. Pour some tea … my cup. 3. We went .. the garden and sat down … a bench. 4. Where is your little sister? – She is … bed. Mother always put her … bed at eight o’clock. 5. In summer my mother doesn’t go … work and I don’t go … school. 6. He put his hand … his pocket, took out a letter and dropped it … the mailbox which hung … the wall of the house.
Задание 1. Составьте диалоги из фраз
- Excuse me. Is this the right way to the bookshop?
- Go along Queen Street. Turn to the right. The supermarket is on your left.
- Not at all.
- You are welcome.
- Can you tell me how to get to the market?
- Well, you can take a taxi or a bus.
- Thank you.
- It is about two miles.
- How can I get to the supermarket from here?
- Can you help me, please? What is the best way to get to this address?
- I think by bus but you can go on foot.
- Yes, it is. Go straight ahead. It is over there.
- Can you tell me where the police station is?
- How far is it?
- Turn right and go straight ahead.
- Thank you very much
- That is all right.
Задание 2. Составьте развернутый план рассказа по теме «Мой родной город»
Задание 3. Переведите на английский язык, употребляя предлоги at, on, in, to, into
1. Когда мы пришли на вокзал, мы поставили свои чемоданы на платформу и сели на скамейку. Мама пошла в магазин и купила лимонад. 2. Вчера на уроке учитель сказал мне: “На доске две ошибки. Иди к доске и исправь ошибки”. 3. Вы были вчера на концерте? — Нет, мы работали в библиотеке, а потом мы пошли в парк. В парке мы играли, а потом сидели на траве. 4. Положи книгу в портфель и иди к доске. 5. Сегодня во дворе много ребят.
Задание 4. Переведите предложения на английский язык, употребляя глаголы в форме Past Simple или Past Continuous Tense
1. Что ты делал, когда пришли твои родители? 2. Когда он смотрел телевизор, зазвонил телефон. 3. Ты нашел грибы, когда гулял по лесу? 4. Когда мы вышли из дома, шел сильный дождь. 5. Вчера в шесть часов я делал уроки, а мама читала газету. 6. Бабушка выглянула в окно и увидела, что внук играет во дворе. 7. Вчера в семь мы обсуждали этот вопрос. 8. Она была больна и лежала в кровати, когда мы пришли навестить ее.
МОДУЛЬНЫЙ БЛОК № 4
«FREE TIME ACTIVITIES»
Задание 1. Переведите с английского языка на русский
1 My hobby is collecting of coins and stamps. 2. Going to the theatre is a good hobby. 3. Here is my ticket and passport. 4. The boarding begins at 12 p.m. 5. There is the exit to the city. 6. I feel sick. Please bring me some water. 7. I would like to get a double room. 8. I shall stay here for two weeks. 9. Sorry. It doesn’t suit me. 10. Shall I help you? 11. Leave it to me. 13. Don't make so much noise, please! 14. How do you spend free time? 15. I like to have a rest in a summer residence. 16. May all your dreams come true! 17. This is a little present for you. 12. Could you step aside?
Задание 2. Ответьте на вопросы о хобби, выбрав правильный вариант
Задание 3. Заполните пропуски артиклями, где они необходимы.
1. The police are looking for … young man aged about 19. 2. … young man the police are looking for isabout 23. 3. Last night I saw … interesting TV programme about Eastern Europe. I really enjoyed … program about Eastern Europe last night. 4. I learned to drive … car when I was eighteen. Dad, can I borrow … car tonight?
Задание 4. В следующих предложениях измените время глагола на Present Perfect Tense. Переведите предложения на русский язык
1.The pupils are writing a dictation. 2. My friend is helping me to solve a difficult problem. 3. I am learning a poem. 4. She is telling them an interesting story. 5. Kate is sweeping the floor. 6. The waiter is putting a bottle of lemonade in front of him. 7. I am eating my breakfast.
Задание 1. Составьте предложения из слов. Первое слово выделено курсивом
1. because, reading, people, Many, collect, enjoy, books, they.
2. presented, have, collections, their, Some, people, universities, to.
3. concentrates, collections, Author, of, a single author, works, on.
4. a particular subject, include, books, Subject, collections, on.
5. find, Collectors, their, for, shops, rare-book, books, collections, in.
Задание 2. Выберите правильный вариант
Is it better to go on a package (1) …, or to (2) … on your own? I suppose the answer depends on what kind of (3) … you are. A complicated tour organized by a travel (4) … has some advantages. You have a/an (5) …, which gives you definite (6) … and arrival dates, and a list of all your (7) …. The (8) … may be cheaper, as it has been (9) … in advance, so you spend less time worrying about where you are going to (10) … . If you book your own hotel, you might have trouble finding a/an (11) …, unless you are going to stay for a (12) …, for example. On the other hand, organizing your own (13) … can be fun. Many students (14) … or buy cheap train tickets, and (15) … the night in student hostels or guest-houses.
Задание 3. Найдите в тексте ошибки (3 – по грамматике, 4 – в правописании) и перепишите его
I have choose a hobby recently. Hobbies differs like tastes. I like to go in for sports. Now I am attending one of the sports club. We go there together with my friend twice a weak. Not long ago we take part in the compition among diferent coleges.
Задание 4. Заполните пропуски артиклями, где они необходимы
1. We have just bought … new house with … large garden.
2. My brother is … teacher and I have … cousin who works with … young children as well.
3. Would you like … biscuit or … piece of … cake?
4. My uncle used to be ... dentist before he retired. Arthur Brown is … dentist who lives next door to my parents.
5. Is there … bookshop on the High Street? I bought this at … bookshop in the High Street.
6. Has anyone seen … newspaper I left in the sitting room? I usually buy … newspaper on my way to work.
7. London is … biggest city in Britain. Manchester is … big city in the north of England.
8. Agatha Christie was … well known writer of detective stories. Agatha Christie was … writer who invented Hercule Poirot.
Задание 5. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Perfect Tense
1. Who (to write) this article? 2. He (just to do) something for us. 3. (you/to find) the book? 4. We (just to talk) about it. 4. She (to tell) them some stories about dogs. 5. We (to have) two lessons today. 6. She (not to speak) yet. 7. They (to ask) me several questions. 8. (you/to learn) the rule? 9. (you/already/to hear) tomorrow’s weather forecast? 10. (you/ to read) any stories by Jack London?
Задание 1. Сравните разные виды хобби. Ответьте на вопросы и заполните таблицу
Задание 2. Ответьте на вопросы
1. What are British “bank” holidays?
2. How do public or “bank” holidays differ from the other holidays?
3. What is the most celebrated holiday among the British?
4. What can you tell about Christmas Day?
5. What does Hallowe’en mean for the British?
6. Why is Hallowe’en connected with witches and ghosts?
7. What do you know about “trick or treat”? Why is this tradition especially popular among children and teenagers?
8. What can you tell about the First Footer on New Year’s Eve?
9. How popular are St. Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day?
Задание 3. Дополните предложения словами из скобок
1. People choose a hobby. (most, for, relaxation, and, pleasure) 2. Hobbies are divided into four categories. (general, most) 3. The widespread hobby is collecting. (most, probably) 4. Games are popular. (sports, and, very, many, hobbyists with) 5. Hobbyists take part in sports. (of, thousands)
Задание 4. Закончите предложения, используя Present Perfect Tense
1. Mike and Judy are in Brazil. How long…? 2. Diana is learning Italian. How long…? 3. My brother lives in Germany. How long…? 4. It is raining. How long…? 5. Bill is a teacher. How long…? 6. I know Margaret. How long…? 7. I have a motor-bike. How long…? 8. Linda and Frank are married. How long…? 9. an works in London. How long…?
Задание 5. Переведите с русского языка на английский, используя Present Perfect Tense
1. Подожди меня! Я не взяла деньги. 2. Он уже позавтракал. 3. Мы еще не завтракали. 4. Я уже сделал свои уроки. 5. У нас сегодня было три урока. 6. У них только что было собрание. 7. Она еще не прочитала эту книгу. 8. Кто это написал? 9. Что вы ему написали? 10. Я только что была у зубного врача.
МОДУЛЬНЫЙ БЛОК № 5
“Reading AND ARTS”
Задание 1. Переведите с английского языка на русский
1. Who is your favourite performer? 2. I would like to listen to the modern pop-singers very much. 3. Who is your favourite writer? 4. I’m not very keen on poetry. 5. Usually I read books from cover to cover. 6. You can borrow any book you like in the library. 7. What are you looking through? – The magazine. 8. I like the cinema better than the theatre. 9. How much do cinema tickets cost? 10. I like to watch tragedies and thrillers. 11. There is a new film on. 12. The acting was dull! 13. I am interested in the art of the Ancient World. 14. He belongs to the modern trend in painting. 15. Is it an original or an author’s copy?
Задание 2. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на причастия
1. The man playing the piano is Kate's uncle. 2. Tied to the tree, the goat could not run away. 3. Entering the room, she turned on the light. 4.Running into the road, the young man stopped a taxi. 5. Looking through the newspaper, she noticed a photograph of her boss. 6. The coat bought last year is too small for me now. 7. Using chemicals, the firemen soon put out the fire in the forest. 8. She put a plate of fried fish in front of me.
Задание 3. Выберите из скобок требующуюся форму причастия
1. a) The girl (writing, written) on the blackboard is our best pupil.
b) Everything (writing, written) here is quite right.
2. a) We listened to the girls (singing, sung) Russian folk songs.
b) We listened to the Russian folk songs (singing, sung) by the girls.
3. a) The girl (washing, washed) the floor is my sister.
b) The floor (washing, washed) by Helen looked very clean.
4. a) The exercises (doing, done) by the pupils were easy.
b) Who is that boy (doing, done) his homework at that table?
Задание 4. Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на Active Infinitive, Passive Infinitive и Perfect Infinitive
1. I am awfully glad to have met you. 2. To be instructed by such a good specialist was a great advantage. 3. I am sorry to have kept you waiting. 4. He is very forgetful, but he doesn't like to be reminded of his duties.
Задание 5. Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на разные формы герундия
1. After being corrected by the teacher, the students' papers were returned to them. 2. I understand perfectly your wishing to start the work at once. 3. Everybody will discuss the event, there is no preventing it. 4. At last he broke the silence by inviting everybody to walk into the dining room. 5. On being told the news, she turned pale.
Задание 6. Сопоставьте глагол to lookс предлогами из списка A с его значениями из списка B
Задание 7. Поставьте still, yet, already или not...any more в подчеркнутое предложение (или часть предложения).
1. 'Where's John?' 'He isn't here. He'll be here soon.' ………………………….
2. Tim said he would be here at 8.30. It's 9 o'clock now and he isn't here. ……..
3. Do you want to join the club or are you a member? ………………………….
4. It happened a long time ago but I can remember it very clearly. ……………..
5. I've put on weight. These trousers don't fit me. ………………………………
6. 'Have you finished with the paper?' 'No. I'm reading it.' ……………………
Задание 1. Прочитайте текст и ответьте на вопросы
Vincent Van Gogh (1853—1890)
Nobody has ever paint cornfields or sunflowers like Van Gogh. His paintings are full of colour and sunlight. Today his paintings are worth millions of pounds but in his lifetime he only sold one.
Van Gogh was born in Holland in 1853. He did not start painting until he was twenty-seven, ten years before he died. Before becoming a painter, he was a teacher, an art dealer and a church preacher.
In 1886 he left Holland and joined his younger brother, Theo, who was working in Paris at the time. After living there for two years, he moved to the warmer climate of Aries in the south of France. Here he painted some of his most famous pictures.
However, Van Gogh was mentally ill. During one of his fits of madness he attacked his friend, the artist Paul Gauguin. In another fit of madness, Van Gogh cut off part of his own ear. Eventually he went into a mental hospital but he did not get any better.
Finally, on Sunday 27th July 1890, in the small village of Auvers, north of Paris, Vincent Van Gogh took a gun, went into a cornfield and shot himself. When his brother Theo arrived, he said: "I hope I did it properly." Thirty-six hours later Van Gogh died in his brother's arms. His last words were 'La tristesse durera'. (The sadness will continue.)
1. How many paintings did Van Gogh sell in his lifetime?
2. How old was he when he started painting?
3. What jobs did he have before becoming a painter?
4. Where did he paint his most famous pictures?
5. What was wrong with him?
6. How did he die?
Задание 2. Составьте вопросы, ответами на которые будут данные предложения
Example: How much are Van Gogh's paintings worth today? - Millions of pounds.
1. In Holland.
2. In 1886.
3. To a place called Aries in the south of France.
4. On Sunday 27th July 1890.
Задание 3.Какие слова и фразы в тексте сообщают о следующем
1. what sort of things Van Gogh painted; 2. what his painting are like; 3. that he was religious; 4. what was wrong with Van Gogh; 5. how he killed himself.
Задание 4. Соедините предложения, используя союзы
1. He left Holland. Then he joined his brother, Theo. (After)
2. He arrived in Paris. He made friends with Paul Gauguin. (After)
3. He lived in Paris. Then he moved to Aries. (Before)
4. He spent a year in a mental hospital. Then he shot himself. (After)
5. He said 'La tristesse durera'. Then he died. (Before)
Задание 5. Образуйте от глагола причастие I или причастие II
1. a) The house (to surround) by tall trees is very beautiful.
b) The wall (to surround) the house was very high.
2. Read the (to translate) sentences once more.
3. Name some places (to visit) by you last year.
4. I picked up the pencil (lying, lain) on the floor.
5. His hat (to blow) off by the wind was lying in the middle of the street.
6. "How do you like the film?" he asked, (to turn) towards me.
Задание 6. Вставьте частицу to перед инфинитивом, где необходимо
1. I'd like ... dance. 2. Do you like ... listen to good music? 3. Would you like ... listen to good music? 4. I like ... play the guitar. He did not want ... play in the yard any more. 5. Would you like ... go to England? 6. It is time ... get up. 7. Let me ... help you with your homework. 8. I was planning ... do a lot of things yesterday. 9. I'd like ... speak to you. 10. I think I shall be able ... solve this problem. 11. What makes you ... think you are right?
Задание 7. Раскройте скобки, употребляя герундий в активной или пассивной форме.
1. David was tired of (to scold) all the time. 2. The watch requires (to repair). 3. The problem is not worth (to discuss). 4. Jane Eyre remembered (to lock) up in the red room for (to contradict) Mrs. Reed.
Задание 8. Сопоставьте вопросы из списка А с ответами из списка B
Задание 1. Поставьте слова и выражения на правильное место
While the _____ (1) was filling up and the _____ (2) were taking their seats, the _____ (3) were tuning their _____ (4). The famous _____ (5) entered. He gave the audience a low _____ (6), picked up his _____ (7), looked briefly at the _____ (8) which lay open in front of him, and raised his hands. The pianist placed her fingers ready over the _____ (9) of her piano. The _____ (10) section of the orchestra (violinists, cellists, etc.) brought their _____ (11) up, ready to play. The concert was about to begin.
After the Beatles, The Rolling Stones have probably been the most successful _____ (12) in Britain. Most of their records have gone into the _____ (13) and they've had many at _____ (14). But their records have usually been made in a _____ (15) and I always wanted to hear them _____ (16) at a _____ (17). I wanted to see them perform on _____ (18) in front of thousands of excited _____ (19). And I did, at Earls Court in 1990. It was great. And Mick Jagger, the _____ (20), sang all the old favourites.
Задание 2. Раскройте скобки, употребляя требующуюся форму причастия.
1. (to wait) for some time in the hall, he was invited into the drawing room. 2. (to wait) in the hall, he thought over the problem he was planning to discuss with the old lady. 3. They reached the oasis at last, (to walk) across the endless desert the whole day. 4. (to lie) down on the soft couch, the exhausted child fell asleep at once. 5. She went to work, (to leave) the child with the nurse. 6. (to phone) the agency, he left (to say) he would be back in two hours.
Задание 3. Переведите на английский язык, употребляя требующуюся форму инфинитива
1. Наши спортсмены гордятся тем, что выиграли кубок. 2. Я был благодарен, что мне дали комнату с большим окном. 3. Он был счастлив, что вернулся домой. 4. Джейн была счастлива, что уезжает от миссис Рид. 5. Рочестер был рад, что познакомился с Джейн.
Задание 4. Переведите на английский язык, употребляя герундий
1. Простите, что я потерял нашу ручку. 2. Когда она закончит писать сочинение? 3. Я не возражаю против того, чтобы остаться дома и поработать над моей новой книгой. 4. Перестаньте дрожать. Избегайте показывать этим людям, что вы их боитесь. 5. Благодарю вас, что вы прислали мне такие красивые цветы. 6. Его обвинили в том, что он продал важные государственные секреты. 7. Он отрицал, что продал их. 8. Он настаивал на том, что невиновен. 9. Он боялся, что его посадят в тюрьму. 10. Шум в соседней комнате мешал мне думать.
Задание 5. Закончите предложения, используя эти глаголы в правильной форме
1. What_____ the test?
2. _____ you_____ to be a TV announcer?
3. What _____ your new school_____?
4. She _____ her mother. They both have blue eyes and fair hair.
5. What _____ your friend _____?
6. He _____ to ask someone to give him private lessons.
7. What kinds of magazines _____ you _____ reading?
Задание 6. Закончите предложения, используя глагол из списка в правильной форме
1)_____ in the forest. You can lose your way in the dark.
2) Could you _____ the information on their website?
3) _____ (just) these newspapers. There is nothing interesting.
4) The police should _____ this crime.
5) This car is rather old. _____ it carefully before you decide to buy it.
МОДУЛЬНЫЙ БЛОК №6
Задание 1. Переведите с английского языка на русский
1. You've got the wrong number. 2. May I speak to John? 3. You are wanted on the phone. 4. The line is busy. 5. Could you leave the message? 6. Here is the registered letter for you. 7. Could you buy some envelopes and stamps for me at the post-office? 8. I hope I'll hear from you soon. 9. Have you read this article in the Sunday newspaper? 10. You can buy daily and weekly papers and magazines in the newsstands. 11. Who is your provider?
Задание 2. Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на модальные глаголы и их эквиваленты
1. If you have done your homework, you may go for a walk. 2. Everybody must come to school in time. 3. Can you go to have lunch with me? — I'm sorry. I can't. 4. Will you have to get up early tomorrow? 5. Don't go to the wood alone: you may lose your way. 6. May I go to the post office with Mike? 7. You must not talk at the lessons. 8. My broth er can come and help you in the garden. 9. May I take Pete's bag? 10. Can you speak Spanish? 11. Don't give the vase to the child: he may break it.
Задание 3. Выберите правильный вариант
1. In most countries you _____ a special license to hunt wild animals.
a) need to have b) can have c) may have
2. You _____ travel quickly from Alexandria to Cairo by coach.
a) must b) can c) should
3. I _____ congratulate you on your success.
a) have to b) might c) must
4. Andrew _____ sing like an angel before his voice broke.
a) was able to b) could c) had to
5. I _____ give up algebra because it got difficult for me.
a) was able to b) was allowed c) had to
6. Your glass is empty. _____ I refill it?
a) Will b) Must c) Shall
7. I _____ get two tickets for the Cup Final yesterday.
a) must b) was able to c) might
8. Teenagers under the age of 18 _____ work in jobs that require them to drive.
a) needn’t b) don’t have to c) may not
9. My elder brother _____ speak two foreign languages.
a) can b) may c) must
10. It’s not raining outside. You _____ wear your raincoat.
a) needn’t b) mustn’t c) cannot
Задание 1. Ответьте на вопросы
1. How do you get information about the world?
2. Can travelling help you to get information about the world?
3. When and where do you like to travel?
4. Why is visiting museums interesting and useful?
5. How often do you visit museums?
6. What can museums and places of interest tell you about the world?
7. Do you think TV programmers can help you to learn at school? In what way?
8. What sort of information do you get from newspapers and magazines?
9. What arc the main types of newspapers in Great Britain?
10. What newspapers and magazines do you read?
11. Do you like listening to the radio? Why?
12. What can help you to learn better at school?
13. What is the best way of learning about the world?
Задание 2. Поставьте данные слова в текст
A newspaper makes its money from the price people pay for it and also from the _____ (1) it carries. A popular newspaper with a _____ (2) of over five million daily makes a lot of money. Less serious newspapers are probably read just for _____ (3). They have big _____ (4) above the news stories, funny _____ (5) to look at and _____ (6) photos of violence. The _____ (7) are full of stories of the private lives of famous people. No one takes the political _____ (8) of such papers very seriously. These newspapers are often called _____ (9).
On the other hand, in a free country where there is no _____ (10), serious newspapers are read principally for their news, sent to them by their _____ (11) round the world and by the big _____ (12). People also read these newspapers for their _____ (13) of new books, films and plays and for their _____ (14), which represent the opinion of the newspaper itself about the important events and issues of the moment. Serious newspapers are called _____ (15).
Задание 3. Заполните пропуски модальными глаголами сап, may или must или их эквивалентами
1. They ... not go to the park today because they are busy. 2. You ... read this text: it is easy enough. 3. She ... still live in Paris. 4. He is busy. He ... be writing a book about his travels. 5. But he is happy. He ... enjoy life.6. ... you tell me the nearest way to the city museum? 7. They ... think that I am too weak to take part in the excursion, but I am strong enough to do any kind of hard work, indeed. 8. He knew this period of history very well: he had read everything on the subject he ... find in the rich university library. 9. Becky's mother said that everybody ... take part in the picnic. 10. If you pass your exams, you ... go to the south. 11. ... I borrow your car, please? 12. He asked if he ... borrow my car. 13. ... I have a look at your newspaper?
Задание 1. Прочитайте текст, поставьте слово, данное в скобках, в нужную форму и заполните пропуски в тексте
In Britain there are 12 national ______ ( DAY)newspapers and most people read one of ______ (THEY)every day. Daily newspapers are ________ (PUBLISH)on every day of the week except Sunday. Sunday newspapers are ______ (LARGE)than daily newspapers. All the Sunday newspapers are ______ (NATION). Most national newspapers in Britain express a ________ (POLITICS)opinion, most of them right-wing, and people ________ (CHOICE)the newspaper that they read according to _______ (THEY) own political _______ (BELIEVE).
Задание 2. Исправьте ошибки в ответе студента на вопрос: "What are the advantages of television?"
1. In my opinion television is very well.
2. I can prove it. There are a lot of high quality programmes on TV.
3. It gives information in a lot of subjects.
4. It shows a lot of films: old and new.
5. Yes, there are a lot of advertising on TV.
6. But ads are informative.
7. They help you choose the best products.
8. Sometimes they are funny and full of fantasy.
9. TV gives wonderful possibilities for educate.
10. We see great events which will pass into history.
11. We can see famous people.
12. TV gives us opportunities to see the best actors and performances.
13. We see people in other lands, and learn of their customs, occupations and problems.
14. Last it helps us to relax.
Задание 3. Это почтовая открытка, которую прислал тебе твой друг Марк. Прочитай ее и ответь, не забудь поблагодарить его за подарок и поздравление. Его адрес: Guilford, at 29 Weybrook Drive, GU1 1EZ
NOTE: East 17: an English pop group from East End, London
Задание 4. Переведите на английский язык, употребляя модальные глаголы и их эквиваленты
1. Не могли ли бы вы мне помочь? 2. Где тут можно купить хлеб? 3. Я думал, что мне можно смотреть телевизор. 4. Мне придется посидеть дома эти дни. Врач говорит, что я не должен никуда выходить, пока температура не будет нормальной.5. Вчера я не смог повидать директора, так как он был на конференции, но сегодня после работы я смогу это сделать. 6. Ты можешь переплыть эту реку? 7. Доктор говорит, что я уже могу купаться. 8. Мне придется выучить это стихотворение к среде. 9. Если хотите, можете идти сейчас. 10. Где они сейчас живут? — Они, может быть, и живут сейчас за границей, но я не очень уверена.
МОДУЛЬНЫЙ БЛОК №7
“TEENAGERS AND THEIR PROBLEMS”
Задание 1. Переведите с английского языка на русский
1. How do you get along with your parents, teachers, friends?
2. I think that grown ups don’t always try to understand us.
3. Do you have conflicts with your parents and teachers?
4. My parents don’t like when I come home late and listen to rock-music.
5. My parents are divorced.
6. When and where did you make friends?
7. We see each other every day.
8. We tell each other about our secrets and troubles.
9. I don’t like that she doesn’t always keep her word.
10. What would you like to drink?
11. I must be going home now.
12. Drop in when you come this way.
13. Best regards to your mother.
14. May I bring my friend?
15. Who is you date tonight?
16. Remind me your name, please.
17. Have you ever been to our town?
Задание 2. Раскройте скобки, выбирая правильную форму глагола
1. They (posted/were posted) the letters yesterday.
2. The letters (posted/were posted) yesterday.
3. You can (leave/be left) your case here.
4. The case can (leave/be left) here.
5. He will (tell/be told) me the truth.
6. The truth (tell/be told) me.
7. You may (put/be put) your hat on.
8. The hat may (put/be put) on.
9. The machine mustn't (use/be used) after six o'clock.
10.They mustn't (use/be used) the machine.
11.Tomorrow I will (pay/be paid) the bill.
12.Tomorrow the bill will (pay/be paid).
Задание 1. Дополните предложение словом из списка
Childhood and Adolescence
Children live in their own world, from which _____ (1) are largely excluded. The _____ (2) world is strange and exciting to them. They have _____ (3) of success, adventure, romance and fame. They _____ (4) their big brothers and sisters, pop singers or film stars. _____ (5) such as stamp-collecting, music or dancing are important to them. Children, especially when they are in their _____ (6), go through a physical and emotional _____ (7) which can be frightening. Their characters also begin to develop. Some adolescents are _____ (8) and keep themselves to themselves, while others are _____ (9) and like to share their thoughts and form _____ (10) with other people. It's a wonderful, terrible time.
Задание 2. Заполните таблицу, поставив глагол в пассивный или активный залог
Задание 3. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present, Past или Future Simple Passive
1. These trees (to plant) last autumn. 2. Many interesting games always (to play) at our PT lessons. 3. This bone (to give) to my dog tomorrow. 4. We (to invite) to a concert last Saturday. 5. Lost time never (to find) again. 6. Rome (not to build) in a day. 6. His car (to steal) last night. 7. Cheese (to make) from milk. 8. The dog (to give) some food in ten minutes.9. I (to allow) to go for a walk. 10. This man (to arrest) last year. 11. All the students (to invite) to the party next week.
Задание 1. Ответьте на вопросы
The Job Interview
1) What kind of work would you like to do?
2) What salary do you want to earn?
3) Why do you want to work here?
4) How will you get along with your employer?
5) How will you get along with your fellow workers?
6) Would you be able to work on Saturdays or Sundays? Overtime?
Задание 2. Дополните текст производными от слов из списка
IN WORK AND OUT OF WORK
Life used to be _____ (1) for teenagers. They used to have money to spend, and _____ (2) time to spend it in. They used to wear _____ (3) clothes, and meet in coffee bars and discos. Some of them still do. But for many young people, life is harder now. Jobs are _____ (4) to find. There's not so much money around. Teachers say that students work _____ (5) than they used to. They are _____ (6) interested in politics, and more interested in _____ (7) exams. They know that good exams may get them _____ (8) jobs.
Most young people worry more about money than their parents did twenty years ago. They try to spend _____ (9) and save _____ (10). They want to be able to get homes of their own one day.
Three quarters of _____ (11) young people do more or less what their parents did. They did their _____ (12) at school, find some kind of work in the end, and get married in their early _____ (13). They get on well with their parents, and enjoy family _____ __ (14). They eat fish and chips, watch football on TV, go to the pub and like _____ (15). After all, if they didn't, they wouldn't be British, would they?
Задание 3. Переведите на английский язык, употребляя глаголы в Present, Past, Future Simple Passive или Active
1. Магнитофон будет отремонтирован вовремя. 2. Книги поставят на полку.3. Когда эта работа будет сделана? 4. Я куплю машину. 5. Где купили эту машину? 6. Меня встретили на станции. 7. На следующей неделе мы напишем тест. 8. Что было написано в письме? 9. Мы забыли закрыть двери. 10. Двери были закрыты. 11. Цветы срежут и поставят в вазу. 12. Где продают эти журналы? 13. Когда проверят наши диктанты? 14. Он помыл пол час назад.
МОДУЛЬНЫЙ БЛОК №8
Задание 1. Прочитайте и переведите текст
Business Goes Green!
Many cities around the world today are heavily polluted. Careless manufacturing processes employed by some industries and lack of consumer demand for environmentally safe products have contributed to the pollution problem. One result is that millions of tons of glass, paper, plastic, and metal containers are produced, and these are difficult to dispose of.
However, today, more and more consumers are choosing "green" and demanding that the products they buy are safe for the environment. Before they buy a product, they ask questions like these: "Will this hairspray damage the ozone layer?" "Is the packaging biodegradable?" "Will it break down in a trash dump?" "Can this metal container be recycled or can it only be used once?"
A recent survey showed that two out of five adults now consider the environmental safety of a product before they buy it. This means that companies must now change the way they make and sell their products to make sure that they are "green", that is, friendly to the environment.
Only a few years ago, it was impossible to find green products in supermarkets, but now there are hundreds. Some supermarket products carry labels to show that the product is green. Some companies have made the manufacturing of clean and safe products their main selling point and emphasize it in their advertis
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 126.96.36.199 (0.016 с.)