Заглавная страница Избранные статьи Случайная статья Познавательные статьи Новые добавления Обратная связь
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Alexander Pushkin Museum Flat
The Museum is situated at No. 12 Moika Embankment in St. Petersburg and was opened in 1925. The poet lived there from September 12, 1836 till his death on, January 12, 1837.
The sad news that Pushkin had been seriously wounded spread around the city at once. He died two days later.
Thousands of people walked to the house to bid farewell to their dear poet. In 1987 the museum was restored after long repairs. Unfortunately there are few of Pushkin's things and most of them are in his study, where he died. The study is a large, light and clean room. There is a desk with an armchair, bookshelves with four thousand books in 14 languages, a writing bureau, a fireplace with a mantelpiece clock showing the time of the poet's death. One can see some sheets of paper, books, a goose-quill pen and a bronze inkstand with a figure of a Negro boy. The figure reminded him of his great grandfather Ibrahim Hannibal.
In his study there are portraits of his fellow poets Anton Delvig, Jevgeny Baratynsky and Vasily Zhukovsky.
The bookshelves with different books occupy much space. During his life the poet was fond of collecting old and rare books.
In the hall visitors can see the poet's waistcoat he was wearing at the duel, his death-mask and the locket with a lock of hair.
Tourists from different countries of the world visit and admire the Pushkin Museum Flat. If you're in St. Petersburg do visit this museum.
1. Where is the Pushkin Museum Flat situated?
2.Whom was the duel with?
3.Why did people mourn on January 29, 1837?
4.Whose portraits are there in the study?
Задание 2. Ответьте на вопросы по тексту “The British Museum”
1.Who started the collection which grew into the British Museum?
2.How many columns were built along the front of the new British Museum building?
3.What collections can you find in the British Museum?
Задание 1. Вы находитесь в галерее Тейт. Прочитайте текст, выполните задания после текста, воспользовавшись словарем и дополнительным источником информации
“Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose”
John Singer Sargent was an American artist who came to live and work in London. He painted some beautiful pictures of people out of doors and then became famous for grand portraits of rich and fashionable people. "Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose" was painted while Sargent was living in England. It isn't actually a portrait, even though the young girls do look very life-like and take up quite a lot of space, which makes them seem important. The real subject (what it was about) of the picture is light and how it can affect the way in which we see things-especially the colour of things. This is one of the few pictures Sargent painted out of doors during his time in England.
Sargent wanted to show in this picture a special kind of light which can only be seen at a particular time of day and year. This was the beautiful mauve (a kind of purple) light of twilight (when the sun is just below the horizon early in the morning or evening). There are several things in the picture which look partly mauve because the light is making them look that colour. The lanterns are making reflections of a different colour. Most of the picture has a mauvish look which gives it a certain kind of mood or atmosphere.
Because Sargent painted "Carnation, Lily. Lily, Rose" only during these minutes it took a long time — nearly two years — for him actually to finish the picture.
This can be seen best of all in late summer.
1. What are the girls doing?
2. Do you know the name for the kind of lantern they are holding?
3. Does the picture show:
a) early morning? b) or early evening?
4. What in the picture tells you that it is summertime?
5. a) Describe the colour.
b)Find four things which show the reflections from the lanterns.
c)What colours can you see in the girls' dresses?
d)What was their real colour, do you think?
6. What words would you choose from the following to describe this mood?
Tick the words of your choice:
lively peaceful creepy
Add two describing words of your own in the spaces provided above.
Twilight usually lasts for just a few minutes each day.
ОБУЧАЮЩИЙ МОДУЛЬ 5.1
Причастия. Глагол to look
Задание 1. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на причастия
1. Everybody looked at the dancing girl. 2. They saw overturned tables and chairs and pieces of broken glass all over the room. 3. The little plump woman standing at the window is my grandmother. 4. The books written by Dickens give us a realistic picture of the 19th century England. 5. Coming to the theatre, she saw that the performance had already begun. 6. Nobody saw the things kept in that box. 7. My sister likes boiled eggs. 8. Looking out of the window, he saw his mother watering the flowers. 9. We stopped before a shut door. 10. Hearing the sounds of music, we stopped talking. 11. She went into the room, leaving the door open. 12. This is a church built many years ago. 13. Working at his desk, he listened to a new CD.
Задание 2. Определите функцию причастий в предложениях и переведите их на русский язык
1. Coming home I began to read the book. 2. Preparing for my examinations I studied some books written by the professor who works at our Institute. 3. Not knowing his address I couldn't send him the letter. 4. The houses built in our city are very beautiful. 5. Don't talk while eating. 6. I remember all the underlined words. 7. Seeing this I helped him. 8. When going home I met my brother. 9. While reading he underlined many sentences. 10. All books taken from the library must be returned in time.
Задание 3. Сопоставьте глагол с предлогом из колонки А с его значением из колонки В
Задание 4. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на глагол to look с предлогом
1. Will you please look up the date of his birth? 2. "Can I show you anything?" the shop assistant asked. "No, I am just looking around," the girl answered. 3. Everybody looked forward to the party. 4. We are looking forward to making the journey. 5. Look after your things properly, and they'll give you better wear. 6. Don't look upon this work as something unimportant. 7. He was so busy, he couldn't even look up from his papers to say good-bye.
Задание 1. Выберите из скобок требующуюся форму причастия
1. She was reading the book (buying, bought) the day before.
2. Yesterday we were at a conference (organizing, organized) by the pupils of the 10th form.
3. (Taking, taken) the girl by the hand, she led her across the street.
4. It was not easy to find the (losing, lost) stamp.
5. I shall show you a picture (painting, painted) by Hogarth.
6. Here is the letter (receiving, received) by me yesterday.
7. Do you know the girl (playing, played) in the garden?
8. The book (writing, written) by this scientist is very interesting.
9. Translate the words (writing, written) on the blackboard.
10. We could not see the sun (covering, covered) by dark clouds.
11. The (losing, lost) book was found at last.
12. (Going, gone) along the street, I met Mary and Ann.
13. Look at the beautiful flowers (gathering, gathered) by the children.
14. When we came nearer, we saw two boys (coming, come) towards us.
15. I think that the boy (standing, stood) there is his brother.
Задание 2. Раскройте скобки, употребляя требующуюся форму причастия
1. (to write) in very bad handwriting, the letter was difficult to read. 2. (to write) his first book, he could not help worrying about the reaction of the critics. 3. (to spend) twenty years abroad, he was happy to be coming home. 4. (to be) so far away from home, he still felt himself part of the family. 5. She looked at the enormous bunch of roses with a happy smile, never (to give) such a wonderful present before. 6. (not to wish) to discuss that difficult and painful problem, he changed the subject. 7. (to translate) by a good specialist, the story preserved all the sparkling humour of the original. 8. (to approve) by the critics, the young author's story was accepted by a thick magazine.
Задание 3. Закончите предложения, используя глагол to look с предлогом (можно использовать более одного раза)
1. Trade usually... in the spring. 2. Before you hand in your examination paper,... it for any mistakes.
3. What results are you...? 4. You'd better have your ankle ... by the doctor. 5. If you ... your new shoes, they will last longer. 6. Happiness depends on how you ... life. 7. I'll ... again tomorrow. 8. I ... the letter again but could find no sign of anxiety. 9. Will you ... a train for me in the timetable? 10. I'm ... for a suitable hotel; can you suggest one?
Задание 4. Замените подчеркнутые слова на один из глаголов, предложенных ниже
1. The police are investigating the crime. 2. If you can't remember the number, you can always find it in the telephone book. 3. If you are not careful, you are going to have an accident one day. 4. Can you please read the text quickly and find all the phrasal verbs. 5. You should examine the property carefully before you decide to buy it. 6. Who takes care of the kids when you go out in the evening? 7. It was terrible while the little, old lady was being mugged, several passers-by just stood there watching!
Задание 1. Переведите на английский язык, употребляя требующуюся форму причастия
1. Мальчик, бегущий мимо дома, вдруг остановился. 2. Будучи очень занят, он не сразу услышал меня. 3. Услышав шаги, он поднял голову. 4. Выпив чашку чая, она почувствовала себя лучше. 5. Играя в саду, дети не заметили, что стало темно. 6. Подойдя к двери, он открыл ее. 7. Том подошел к смеющейся девочке. 8. Он положил на стол смятое письмо. 9. Плачущая девочка была голодна. 10. Бабушка смотрела на детей, играющих во дворе. 11. Она любит смотреть на играющих детей. 12. Сделав уроки, дети пошли гулять. 13. Лежа на диване, он читал книгу. 14. Принеся свои игрушки в комнату, ребенок начал играть. 15. Прочитав много книг Диккенса, он хорошо знал этого писателя.
Задание 2. Дополните предложения
1. When Mark Twain got off the train at Salamanca, he … (looked around…, looked up…, looked for…)
2. The porter did everything he could to please Mark Twain because the writer… (looked like... ; looked upon ... ; looked forward to...)
3. When the Campbells and the other boys had finished their work they … (looked... ; looked for ... ; looked forward to...)
Задание 3. Закончите предложения, используя глагол to look с предлогом
1. We must ... the school ... before sending our son there. 2. Two men stole the jewels while a large crowd.... 3. Please don't wear that terrible suit; you'll get.... 4. You can ... her telephone number in the book. 5. I usually ... a book before deciding whether to read it. 6. The roof is falling...! 7. Every child needs someone to ... and copy. 8. I'll ... my notes but I don't think I have a record of his name.
Задание 4. Составьте предложения, используя глагол to look forward и слова и выражения из списка.
a nice holiday, the journey, to see the circus show, to take part in the sporting events, the arrival of …, to travel by air, to move into
ОБУЧАЮЩИЙ МОДУЛЬ 5.2
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-04-19; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 126.96.36.199 (0.011 с.)