ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
UNIT4. PRESENT SIMPLE OR PRESENT CONTINUOUS
Exercise 1. Put in am/is/are or do/don't/does/doesn't.
1. Excuse me, do you speak English?
2. 'Where's Ann?' 'I …… know.'
3. What's funny? Why …… you laughing?
4 . "What …… your sister do?' 'She's a dentist.'
5. It …… raining. I …… want to go out in the rain.
6 . ‘Where …… you come from?' 'Canada.'
7. How much …… it cost to phone Canada?
8. George is a good tennis player but he …… play very often.
Exercise 2. Put the verb in the present continuous (I am doing) or the present simple (I do).
1. Excuse me. Do you speak (you/speak) English?
2. ‘Where's Tom?' 'He's having (he/have) a shower.'
3. I (I/not/watch) television very often.
4. Listen! Somebody …… (sing).
5. Sandra is tired …… (she/want) to go home now.
6. How often …… (you/read) a newspaper?
7. 'Excuse me but …… (you/sit) in my place.' 'Oh, I'm sorry'
8. I' m sorry …… (I/not/understand). Can you speak more slowly?
9. It's late …… (I/go) home now. …… (you come) with me?
10. What time …… (your father / finish) work in the evenings?
11. You can turn off the radio …… (I/not/listen) to it.
12. 'Where's Paul?' 'In the kitchen …… (he/cook) something.'
13. Martin …… (not/usually/drive) to work. He …… (usually/walk).
14. Sue …... (not/like) coffee …… (she/prefer) tea.
Exercise 3. Put the verb into the correct form, present continuous or present simple.
1. Are you hungry? Do you want something to eat? (you/ want)
2. Jill is interested in politics but she …… to a political party. (not/ belong)
3. Don’t put the dictionary away. I …… it. (use)
4. Don’t put the dictionary away. I …… it. (need)
5. Who is that man? What ……? (he/ want)
6. Who is that man? Why …… at us? (he/ look)
7. George says he’s 80 year old but nobody …… him. (believe)
8. She told me her name but I …… it now. (not/ remember)
9. I …… of selling my car. (think) Would you be interested in buying it?
10. I …… you should sell your car. (think) You …… it very often. (not/ use)
11. I used to drink a lot of coffee but these days I …… tea. (prefer)
12. Air …… mainly of nitrogen and oxygen. (consist)
Exercise 4. Are the underlined verbs right or wrong? Correct the verbs that are wrong.
1. Water boils at 100 degrees Celsius. RIGHT
2. The water boils. Can you turn it off? WRONG: is boiling
3. Look! That man tries to open the door of your car.
4. Can you hear those people? What do they talk about?
5. The moon goes round the earth.
6. I must go now. It gets late.
7. I usually go to work by car.
8. ‘Hurry up! It’s time to leave.’ ‘OK, I come.’
9. I hear you’ve got a new job. How do you get on?
10. I’m seeingthe manager tomorrow morning.
11. I’m feelinghungry. Is there anything to eat?
12. Are you believing in God?
13. This sauce is great. It’s tastingreally good.
14. I’m thinkingthis is your key. Am I right?
Exercise 5. Put the verb in the correct form, present continuous or present simple.
1. Let’s go out. It isn’t raining (not/ rain) now.
2. Julia is very good at languages. She speaks(speak) four languages very well.
3. Hurry up! Everybody …… (wait) for you.
4. ‘…… (you/ listen) to the radio?’ ‘No, you can turn it off.’
5. ‘…… (you/ listen) to the radio every day?’ ‘No, just occasionally.’
6. The River Nile …… (flow) into the Mediterranean.
7. Look at the river. It …… (flow) very fast today – much faster than usual.
8. We usually …… (grow) vegetables in our garden but this year we …… (not/ grow) any.
9. ‘How is your English?’ ‘Not bad. It …… (improve) slowly.’
10. Ron is in London at the moment. He …… (stay) at the Park Hotel. He …… (always/ stay) there when he’s in London.
11. Can we stop walking soon? I …… (start) to feel tired.
12. ‘Can you drive?’ ‘I …… (learn). My father …… (teach) me.’
13. Normally I …… (finish) work at 5.00, but this week I …… (work) until 6.00 to earn a bit more money.
14. My parents …… (live) in Bristol. They were born there and have never lived anywhere else. Where …… (your parents/ live)?
15. Sonia …… (look) for a place to live. She …… (stay) with her sister until she finds somewhere.
16. ‘What …… (your father/ do)?’ ‘He’s an architect but he …… (not/ work) at the moment.’
17. (at a party) Usually I …… (enjoy) parties but I …… (not/ enjoy) this one very much.
18. The train is never late. It …… (always/ leave) on time.
19. Jim is very untidy. He …… (always/ leave) his things all over the place.
Exercise 6. Put the verb in the present continuous (I am doing) or the present simple (I do).
1. I (to take) my sister to school now.
He (to take) his little sister to school every day.
2. He (to help) his father very often.
He (to help) his father now.
3. They usually (to go) to the river for a swim.
At the moment they (to go) to the river for a swim.
4. She (to play) the violin now.
She (to play) the violin every day.
5. I (to read) every day.
I (to read) now.
6. He (to sleep) now.
He (to sleep) every night.
7. We (to drink) tea now.
We (to drink) tea every morning.
8. They (to go) to school every morning.
They (to go) to school now.
9. I (not to sleep) now.
I (not to sleep) in the daytime.
10. She (not to drink) coffee after lunch.
She (not to drink) coffee now.
11. We (not to watch) TV now.
We (not to watch) TV in the morning.
12. They (not to eat) at the lesson.
They (not to eat) now.
13. My mother (not to work) now.
My mother (not to work) at an office.
14. You (to work) now?
You (to work) every day?
15. He (to play) now?
He (to play) in the afternoon?
16. They (to eat) at school?
They (to eat) now?
17. Your sister (to rest) after school?
Your sister (to rest) now?
18. What you (to do) now?
What you (to do) every morning?
19. What you (to read) after dinner?
What you (to read) now?
20. What they (to eat) now?
What they (to eat) at breakfast?
21. What your brother (to drink) now?
What your brother (to drink) in the evening?
22. Everybody (to have) a good time every Saturday?
Everybody (to have) a good time now?
23. How often she (to take) medicine?
She (to take) medicine now?
24. Where they (to go) now?
Where they (to go) on Sunday?
25. What language they usually (to speak)?
They (to speak) English now?
UNIT 5. DO/ MAKE
Exercise 1. Put in make or do
2. an offer
5. an appointment
6. a complaint
7. a decision
8. a forecast
10. an effort
11. certain or sure
12. an application
13. a deal
14. an excuse
15. a profit or a loss
16. arrangements or plans
17. an apology
19. a mistake
20. a phone call
21. an attempt
22. а business trip
23. changes, or an improvement
25. a job
26. an exercise
28. the accounts
29. an experiment
30. well, or better
31. damage or harm
32. some work
35. your duty
37. someone a favour
39. something to, or for, or with someone
40. something for a living
e 9. a mistake r an improvement 8. a forecast
Exercise 2. Put in make/making/made or do/doing/did/done.
1 'Shall I open the window?' 'No, it’s OK. I'll do it.'
2 What did you … at the weekend? Did you go away?
3 Do you know how to …bread?
4 Paper is … from wood.
5 Richard didn't help me. He sat in an armchair and … nothing.
6 'What do you …?' 'I'm a doctor.'
7 I asked you to clean the bathroom. Have you … it?
8 'What do they … in that factory?' 'Shoes.'
9 I'm … some coffee. Would you like some?
10 Why are you angry with me? I didn't … anything wrong.
11 'What are you … tomorrow afternoon?' 'I'm working.'
Exercise 3. Put in make or do in the correct form.
1 I hate doing housework, especially cleaning.
2 Why do you always…… the same mistake?
3 'Can you……me a favour?' 'It depends what it is.'
4 'Have you……your homework?' 'Not yet.'
5 I need to see the dentist but I haven't……an appointment.
6 I'm……a course in photography at the moment. It's very good.
7 The last time I……an exam was ten years ago.
8 When you've finished Exercise 1, you can……Exercise 2.
9 There's something wrong with the car. The engine is……a strange noise.
10 It was a bad mistake. It was the worst mistake I've ever …
11 Let's……a list of all the things we have to……today.
Exercise 4. Translate into English.
1. На следующей неделе я сдаю экзамен по вождению.
2. Моя сестра собирается за покупками.
3. Я собираюсь сделать мой знаменитый яблочный пирог.
4. Что это создает такой шум?
5. В каком году был сделан этот фильм?
6. Мой дедушка бегает по утрам и делает гимнастику вот уже 10 лет.
7. Если я не составлю список продуктов, то обязательно забуду что-нибудь купить.
8. Твой младший брат уже сделал свою домашнюю работу?
9. Что эти люди там делают?
10. Чем занимается твой брат? (какая у него профессия?)
UNIT 6 . HAVE AND HAVE GOT
Exercise 1. Put in the correct form of have or have got.
1. I didn’t time to do the shopping yesterday. (I / not / have)
2. 'Has Lisa got (OR Does Lisa have) a car?' 'No, she can't drive.' (Lisa / have?)
3. He can't open the door …… a key. (he / not / have)
4. ……a cold last week. He's better now. (George / have)
5. What's wrong? …… headache? (you / have?)
6. We wanted to go by taxi but we …… enough money. (we / not / have)
7. Liz is very busy. …… much free time. (she / not / have)
8. …… any problems when you were on holiday? (you / have?)
Exercise 2. Write questions using two schemas for each sentence (Do you have…? and Have you got……?).
1 (you / an umbrella?)
2 (you / a passport?)
3 (your father / a car?)
4 (Carol / many friends?)
5 (you / any brothers or sisters?)
6 (how much money / we?)
7 (what / kind of car / Julia?)
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-04-25; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 18.104.22.168 (0.017 с.)