Заглавная страница Избранные статьи Случайная статья Познавательные статьи Новые добавления Обратная связь
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Exercise 9. Form the names of specialists from the names of professional fields
Стр 1 из 10Следующая ⇒
a) with the help of suffix -ist
For example: pharmacology – pharmacologist
Dermatology, physiology, neurology, immunology, gynecology, anesthesiology, pathology, traumatology, neurology, ophthalmology, oncology, urology, endocrinology, venereology, psychiatry.
b) with the help of suffix -ian
For example: paediatrics – paediatrician
Obstetrics, physics, technics, electrics
Exercise 10. Match the specialties with their definitions:
Exercise 11. Fill in the gaps with the following words or word combinations:
1. Each … is usually divided into two …
2. A medical university is a post –secondary …
3. During their course of studies medical students … and have practical classes in different subjects.
4. Medical students typically … in both basic science and practical clinical coursework during their …in medical school.
5. Students perform different laboratory works and attend dissecting room… of Anatomy.
6. The clinical part of the course includes learning … .
7. … is the field of medicine dealing with the diseases of the nervous system.
8. Gynecologists work in the field of … .
Exercise 12. Choose the suitable pronoun or possessive adjective for each gap:
1. (I/me) often see (him/his) at the university.
2. (She/her) doesn’t live with (she/her) parents.
3. (He/Him) looks like (his/him) father.
4. Do (you/your) know (my/me) brother?
5. (They/them) invited (our/us) to the party.
6. (We/us) like the car, (it/its) colour is too bright.
7. Where does (their/them) sister live?
8. (I/my) don’t like (him/his).
Exercise 13. Make the sentences negative and interrogative:
1. They are in the classroom.
2. He is a student.
3. I am at home.
4. They were busy two hours ago.
5. He was here in the morning.
6. She will be back soon.
7. The students are in the dissecting room.
8. You were at the university yesterday.
Exercise 14. Put questions to the underlined words:
1. She was in the dissecting room yesterday.
2. They will be happy to see you tomorrow.
3. She is at home now.
4. They were in Odessa last summer.
5. He is at the blackboard.
6. You are right.
7. I will be there soon.
8. He was in the library yesterday morning.
Exercise 15. Fill in the gaps with the proper form of the verb “to be”:
1. Ann …in class 10 minutes ago.
2. We …in class now.
3. They … at home tonight.
4. … he at work now?
5. Who … here tomorrow?
6. When … you busy?
7. How old …her father at that time?
8. Who …in London 5 years ago?
Exercise 16. Fill in the gaps with appropriate prepositions:
1. They will have classes … different subjects during their first year at the university.
2. Becoming a doctor is a dream … millions of students around the world.
3. … the end of each term students take module controls …most subjects.
4. Thousands of young people … the world enter medical schools every year.
5. They didn’t have time to get ready … their exam.
6. Studying medicine can lead … career as a doctor.
7. Traditionally the course structure is divided …the pre-clinical and clinical parts.
8. The course structure and length vary greatly … countries.
Exercise 17. Match two parts of the sentences below to make an explanation of what a meical student is:
Exercise 18. Fill in the gaps with the words from the table below to get an explanation of what is a medical university:
1. A medical university is a … higher educational institution.
2. It teaches … .
3. A medical university has … as medical, dental and pharmaceutical.
4. Medical universities … subjects such as human anatomy, biochemistry, pharmacology, immunology, neurology, obstetrics and gynecology, anesthesiology, internal medicine, family medicine, surgery, psychiatry, genetics, and pathology.
5. Traditionally, … at a medical university is divided into a pre-clinical and a clinical part.
Exercise 19. Put the sentences into the correct order to explain the term “academic year”:
__After each term, students usually have holidays.
__In Ukraine the academic year lasts from September till July.
__At the end of each term students have to take exams in some subjects.
__An academic year is a period of time, when students have classes.
__Usually, each academic year is divided into two terms.
Завдання для самостійної роботи студентів (СРС)
Exercise 1. Topic Vocabulary:
Exercise 2. Read the word combinations and sentences with the new words and translate them into Ukrainian:
Available:available options; available information; available literature; available treatment;
Department: department of human anatomy; department of internal diseases; surgical department, paediatric department;
Dormitory: live in a dormitory; Dormitory Head; check in a dormitory; check out of a dormitory;
Effort: make an effort; without effort; wasted effort; use every effort; united efforts; successful efforts;
Internship: do internship; undertake internship; internship certificate; internship abroad.
Exercise 3. Fill in the table with the missing parts of speech (you may need a dictionary):
Exercise 4. Translate the following words without a dictionary:
physics, physical, academy, academician, institute, institution, medicine, medical, speciality, specialist, specialization, practitioner, practical, practice, status, Cabinet of Ministers, prophylaxis, prophylactic, technology, technological, technologist, rehabilitation, virology.
Exercise 5. Translate the word-combinations into Ukrainian:
be founded in Odesa; thanks to the efforts of the prominent scientist; be organized on the basis of the medical faculty; independent higher educational institution; decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine; carry out training of students; enroll students; master all modern medical technologies; forensic pathology department; internship and magistracy; equip hospitals and clinics; scientific-research laboratory.
Exercise 6. Read and translate the text:
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-09-20; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 18.104.22.168 (0.012 с.)