ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Compare British and traditional house of your country.
What’s this? Is it a typical British house? Do Ukrainians live in such houses nowadays?
It will be very interesting to know where you live : in a house or in a flat and where you would like to live.
Read and translate the text.
My dream house is located about few kilometers from the big city, in a very picturesque place near the endless river. I dream about place like this because I prefer clean fresh air and unpolluted water. It is a very cozy, comfortable, well planned detached house with lots of big windows.
If you asked me about the rooms, I must say that I don’t need many of them, but all the rooms are large and light. The modern front door opens into a wide hall, where you can see many exotic flowers and mirrors. The bedrooms are very large, comfortable and elegant as well. There are soft, huge beds and many antique things there. It makes me feel comfortable. By the way, every bedroom has a bathroom and a toilet, which are spacious and modern. There is no question that the accent of the house is a living room, because it is the place where I can relax, watch TV, listen to music or just sit and look at the fire. And I also have a big kitchen in my dream house. The kitchen must be light and have all modern equipment such as huge fridge, microwave, modern oven, and dishwasher. Oh, and some words about the furniture. It is so comfortable and elegant!
Outside the house I would like to have a beautiful shady garden to spend free time listening birds’ songs and leaves rustling, a front garden with rose bushes and large lawn. And there is a swimming pool next to my house. It’s so nice to swim in it in a hot summer day. And as the modern life is impossible without cars, I need the garage.
That’s all about my dream house. I hope that one day my dreams will come true. It would be great to live in the house like this.
After reading the text given above, make a plan.
TASKS FOR SELF-STUDY
Make the nouns plural.
Phenomenon, crisis, stimulus, index, antenna, formula, datum, nucleus, criterion, analysis, apparatus, basis, appendix, tableau, radius, miasma, hypothesis, axis, genus, vertebra.
Fill in some/any/no.
1. There is ______ milk in the cup, but it is very cold.
2. There is ______ bread on the table. I can’t make sandwiches.
3. Are there ______ oranges in the bag?
4. There isn’t ______ cheese in the fridge.
5. There are______ flowers in the vase. They are red.
6. There are ______ carrots in the fridge. I can’t make soup.
7. There is ______ coffee in the cup, but it is very hot.
8. Is there ______ cheese in the fridge?
9. There isn’t ______ juice in the glass.
10. There are ______ grapes on the plate. They are green.
11. They've got ______ buns in this shop.
12. I'd like ________ potatoes, please.
13. Have you got ______ ice-cream?
14. There aren't ___________ boys in the team!
15. There are ___________ video shops in the town!
16. This is a terrible party. There isn't ________ good music!
17. I've got ___________ posters of Ricky Martin.
18. Have you got ___________ posters of Britney Spears?
19. 'Sit down, please.' 'But there aren't ___________ chairs!'
20. There is ______ milk in the fridge. Go to the shop and buy ______.
21. I can see______ tomatoes in the bag. Let's make______ salad.
22. There aren’t ______cucumbers in the fridge.
23. Would you like ______tea?
24. Is there ______cheese on the shelf?
3. Choose the correct answer. Write the story in your notebook.
Liz is shopping. She wants to buy (1 — anything / some / any) new clothes. She is going to a New Year party tonight, but she has got (2 — anything / nobody / nothing) to wear. She wants to buy (3 — some / any / something) nice and (4 — no / some / any) new shoes but she can’t find (5 — something / anything / anybody) that she likes. She is also looking for a present. She wants to buy (6 — nothing / anybody / something) special for her friend.
Write an essay about your dream house using the plan given below
1. Introduction (The type of the house, the place)
2. The main part:
· Inside the house
· Outside the house
3. Conclusion.Конец формы
FOOD AND MEALS. GROCERY AND BAKERY. FAMILY RECIPE.
Nouns: singular and plural.
A noun names a person, place, thing, or idea.
For nouns that end in ch, x, s, or s sounds, add es.
For nouns ending in f or fe, change f to v and add es.
Some nouns have different plural forms.
Nouns ending in vowels like y or o do not have definite rules.
A few nouns have the same singular and plural forms.
a) Choose the correct form of the noun in each sentence.
1)I have three (child, children).
b) Make the nouns in bold singular. Change sentences if necessary.
1. These factories produce furniture.
c) Fill the gaps with the correct form of the nouns (singular or plural).
1. They ate some (tomato) ______________.
2. You can put (sugar) ______________ in your tea.
3. We have to buy new (furniture) ______________.
4. I need to wash my (hair) ______________.
5. We had lots of (fun) ______________.
6. The Milfords have a lot of (money) ______________.
7. How many (people) ______________ were at the cinema with you?
8. Could you give some (information) ______________ on your project?
9. In this hotel, (family) ______________ are very welcome.
10. Those (man) ______________ seem to be very tired.
Countable and uncountable.
Countable nouns can be counted as one or more.
Cannot be counted. They usually express a group or a type.
wine, student, pen, water, wind, milk, computer, furniture, cup, rice, box, watch, potato, wood.
Possessive case of nouns.
possessive nouns are used to indicate ownership.
Possessive nouns usually are formed by adding an apostrophe (') and s.
When a noun is plural and ends in s, an apostrophe (') is added.
If two people own one thing, the apostrophe and s to the second person only are added.
If two people own separate things, the apostrophe and s for each person are added.
a) Which of the following is not correct?
1)Dr. Hunts has a new computer.
b) Paraphrase the following sentences using the Possessive Case.
1. The office of our manager is very big.
Present Simple Tense.
The simple present tense in English is used to describe an action that is regular, true or normal.
We use the present tense:
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-12-15; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 188.8.131.52 (0.015 с.)