ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Exercise 2 The present continuous and be going to. Put the verbs in brackets into one of the above forms, using the present continuous wherever possible.
1. Where you (go) for your holidays?
- I (go) to Norway.
- What you (do) there?
- I (fish).
2. Where you (go) this evening?
- I (not go) anywhere. I (stay) at home. I (write) some letters.
3. Take an umbrella; it (rain).
4. How long you (stay) in this country? (Have you decided to stay?)
- Another month. I (go) home at the end of the month.
- What you (do) then?
- I (try) to get a job.
5. I (dye) these curtains.
- You (do) it yourself, or (have) it done?
- I (have) it done. Who should I take them to?
6. I’ve seen the film, now I (read) the book. I’ve just got a copy from the library. (I haven’t started the book yet.)
7. You (do) anything next weekend?
- Yes, my nephews (come) and I (show) them round London.
- You (take) them to the theatre? (Have you booked seats?)
- No, they’re too young for that. I (take) them to the zoo.
8. We (start) early tomorrow. We (go) to Ben Nevis.
- You (climb) Ben Nevis?
- Not me. Tom (climb) it. I (sit) at the bottom and (do) some sketching.
9. Uncle: I hear you (go) to the regatta tomorrow. You (sail) in it?
Niece: No, but we (take) our cameras. We (try) to photograph the winning yachts.
10. You (not ask) your boss to give you a fire in your office?
- It isn’t worth while. I (leave) at the end of the week.
- Really? And' what you (do) then? You (have) a holiday?
- No, I (start) another job the following Monday.
Exercise 3 Be going to and will + infinitive. Put the verbs in brackets into one of the above forms.
1. Where are you off to with that ladder?
- I (have) a look at the roof; it’s leaking and I think a tile has slipped.
2. We bought our new garage in sections and we (assemble) it ourselves.
- That sounds rather interesting. I (come) and help you if you like.
3. Why do you want all the furniture out of the room?
- Because I (shampoo) the carpet. It’s impossible to do it unless you take everything off it first.
4. Here are the matches: but what do you want them for?
- I (make) a bonfire at the end of the garden; I want to burn that big heap of rubbish.
- Well, be careful. If the fire gets too big it (burn) the apple trees.
5. Have you decided on your colour scheme?
- Oh yes, and I’ve bought the paint. I (paint) this room blue and the sitting room green.
6. Why are you asking everyone to give you bits of material?
- Because I (make) a patchwork quilt.
7. I wonder if Ann knows that the time of the meeting has been changed.
- Probably not. I (look) in on my way home and tell her. I’m glad you thought of it.
8. Leave a note for them on the table and they (see) it when they come in.
9. I’m afraid I’m not quite ready.
- Never mind. I (wait).
10. Do you have to carry so much stuff on your backs?
- Yes, we do. We (camp) out and (cook) our own meals, so we have to carry a lot.
Listen and fill the gaps.
Travelling gives you _______________________ you cannot find in your own country. You meet local people and get to _______________________. It’s so exciting. I _______________________ and doing some research on the country or countries I want to visit. Sometimes I like to plan _______________________, my flights, hotels and tours, etc. For me, the most exciting thing is arriving in a country with _______________________ and no fixed plans. I _______________________ and guest houses. You get to meet and talk to different and interesting people _______________________. I also like to visit places that are _______________________. Being somewhere with thousands of other tourists? It’s not my cup of tea.
Answer the questions.
1. What is the most exciting thing about travelling?
2. What does travelling give people?
3. What places do the speaker like to visit?
Read the text and answer the questions.
People on our planet can't live without travelling now. Tourism has become a highly developed business. There are express trains, cars and jet-air liners all of that provide you with comfort and security.
What choice to make? It's up to you to decide. There is a great variety of choice available for you.
Those who live in the country like going to a big city, visiting museums and art galleries, looking at shop windows and dining at exotic restaurants. City-dwellers usually like acquired holiday by the sea or in the mountains.
Most travelers carry a camera with them and take pictures of everything that interests them — the sights of a city, old churches, castles, mountains, lakes, waterfalls, forests, trees, flowers and plants, animals and birds. Later, perhaps years later, they will be reminded by the photos of the happy times they have had.
If you travel for pleasure you would like all means to enjoy picturesque areas you are passing through, you would like to see the places of interest in the cities, towns and countries. Travelling gives us a good opportunity to see wonderful monuments, cultural and historical places, to learn a lot about the history of the country you visit, about the world around us, to meet people of different nationalities, to learn a lot about their traditions, customs, culture. In other words, you will broaden your mind.
Nowadays people travel not only for pleasure but also on business. You have to go to other countries to take part in different negotiations, to sign contacts, to participate in different exhibitions, in order to push the goods produced by yourfirm or company о Travelling on business helps you to get more information about achievements of other companies» which will make your own business more successful.
There are a lot of means of travelling: by sea, by plane, by car, on foot. Tastes differ. That is why it is up to you to decide which means of travelling you would prefer. All means of travelling have their advantages and disadvantages. And people choose one according to their plans.
No wonder that one of the latest means of travelling is travelling by plane. It combines both comfort and speed and you will reach the place of destination very quickly.
Before boarding the plane you must check in at the airport. You are required to have your baggage weighed. Each passenger is allowed 20 kilograms of baggage free of charge. But if your baggage is heavier you must pay an extra charge.
Before the plane takes off the stewardess gives you all the information about the flight, the speed and altitude. She asks you to fasten the belts and not to smoke. She will take care of you during the flight and will help you to get comfortable in your seat. Inside the cabins the air is always fresh and warm. During the flight you can take a nap or have a chat, you can read and relax. In some planes you can watch video or listen to the music.
When the plane is landing or taking off you have an opportunity to enjoy the wonderful scenery and landscapes. While travelling by plane you fly past various villages and cities at the sight of which realize how majestic and tremendous our planet is. No doubt, travelling by air is the most convenient and comfortable means of travelling.
But if you are airsick the flight may seem not so nice to you. Unfortunately sometimes the flights are delayed because of unfavourable weather conditions, and one more inconvenience is jet-lag.
1. Where do people from countryside like going on vacation?
jet-airliner — реактивныйсамолет
STUDENT TRAVELLING SURVEY
Write five GOOD questions about travelling in the table. Do this in pairs. Each student must write the questions on his / her own paper.
When you have finished, interview other students. Writedowntheiranswers.
· Now return to your original partner and share and talk about what you found out. Changepartnersoften.
· Make mini-presentations to other groups on your findings.
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-12-15; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 126.96.36.199 (0.011 с.)