ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
B. Substitute the underlined words with their synonyms.
1. Myfriend's surnameisPetrov.
2. Heis a freshman.
3. He has been enrolledinto the University this year.
4. His hobbiesare fishing and computer games.
5. He spends much time online, browsing the Net.
6. He has less free timenow than he had at school.
7. Reading helps to develop one's way of thinking.
8. He has taken part in a number of sport competitionsthisyear.
9. There are many buildings and places for playing sporton the campus.
10. He wants to remain levelwith the changes in technology.
11. He likes to spend timewith his friends.
Answer the questions in the quiz to discover what type of person you are.
1. Are you usually smiling and happy?
2. Do you enjoy the company of other people?
3. Do you find it difficult to meet new people?
4. Is it important to you to succeed in your career?
5. Does your mood change often and suddenly for no reason?
6. Do you notice other people's feelings?
7. Do you think the future will be good?
8. Can your friends depend on you?
9. Is your room always in a mess?
10. Do you get annoyed if you have to wait for anyone or anything?
11. Do you put off until tomorrow what you could do today?
13. Do you keep your feelings and ideas to yourself?
14. Do you often give presents?
15. Do you talk a lot?
16. Are you usually calm and not worried by things?
TASK FOR SELF-STUDY
1. Complete the sentences with am, is, are, his, her, or your:
1. My name … Anna. 2. Where … you from? 3. I … from Japan. 4. ‘What’s … name?’ ‘My name’s Tomoko.’ 5. Max and Lisa … from Chicago. 6. This … my teacher. … name’s Richard. 7. Where … he from? 8. This is my sister. … name’s Emma.
2. Insert the verb ‘to be’ in present tense.
1. My father … not a teacher, he … a scientist. 2. … your aunt a doctor? – Yes, she … . 3. … they at home? – No, they … not at home, they … at work. 4. My brother … a worker. He … at work. 5. … you an engineer? – Yes, I … . 6. … your sister a typist? – No, she … not a typist, she … a student. 7. … your brother at school? – Yes, he … . 8. … your sister at school? – No, she … not at school. 9. My … sister … at home. 10. … this your watch? – Yes, it … .
3. Complete these paragraphs with the correct subject pronoun or possessive adjective:
1.This is Tom. Heis my friend. His last name is Rogers. … is from Washington, DC. … family is very interesting. … father is a singer. … is famous. …mother is a dancer. … is famous, too. … twin sisters are actresses and … are talented. … names are Tina and Lena.
2. My name is Amal. …am from Jordan. …religion is Moslem. … am 23 years old. … husband is a business executive and … am a student. …family is large. … four brothers are all students. … are in college in Jordan. … teachers are happy because … are smart. … four sisters are in Jordan, too. Three are married and one is single. … last name is Al-Zeer. … parents are proud of all … children.
A. Complete the form with information
Form of car insurance
Male ________ Female _______________
Area code _______________
Age last birthday__________
B. Write a short composition about yourself. Tell the class a little about your likes and dislikes, your interests, your personality traits, your achievements and dreams.
Module 1 Unit 2
FAMILY. FAMILY MEMBERS. FAMILY RELATIONSHIPS.
When do we use have got and when have
In British English have got is used quite often, in other areas it is common to use the main verb have.
have got be is often used in its contracted form even in written language.
There can be negations in questions too.
4.1. The contracted forms 've or 's are only used with have got – not with have.
4.2. Do not use an auxiliary with have got – only with have. Be careful when using negations.
4.3. have cannot always be substituted with have got. You can only substitute have with have got when you talk about possession and relationships.
► In American English have is dropped in informal speech like in the following example.
We've got a problem. → We got a problem.
reflexive (adj.) [grammar]: reflecting back on the subject, like a mirror
We use a reflexive pronoun when we want to refer back to the subject of the sentence or clause. Reflexive pronouns end in "-self" (singular) or "-selves" (plural).
There are eight reflexive pronouns:
Look at these examples:
Notice that all the above reflexive pronouns can also act as intensive pronouns, but the function and usage are different. An intensive pronoun emphasizes its antecedent. Look at these examples:
DEMONSTRATIVE PRONOUNS (THIS / THESE, THAT / THOSE).
This, That, These, Those are called demonstrativesand they are used to show the relative distance between the speaker and the noun.
We use this (singular) and these (plural) to refer to something that is here / near.
We use that (singular) and those (plural) to refer to something that is there / far.
Note that the verb changes (i.e. singular / plural) depending on the pronoun that you use.
You can also use Demonstrative Pronouns by themselves:
You can also use demonstratives before a noun. These are called demonstrative adjectives.
The Demonstrative Adjective needs to agree (= be the same form) as the noun.
Examples of demonstrative adjectives:
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-12-15; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 126.96.36.199 (0.013 с.)