Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Make sentences from the given words according to the model.
Model: My brother Greg/graduate/from the University.
My brother Greg has graduated from the University.
You know, Elinor, a lot has changed in our family since we last met.
1. Father/get/a new job/in South Africa.
2. He and Mother/leave/for Cape Town.
3. Mary/marry/an architect/from Canada.
5. I/meet/the man/for me.
Exercise 69. What questions would Mr Bly ask his personal assistant Mr Cox? (Read Mr Cox’s To do“list for his boss’s trip first)
Exercise 70. Complete these interview questions using the present perfect form of the verbs in brackets.
1. How have you changed (you change) over the last five years?
2. What other jobs __________ (you apply for) recently?
3. What _____________ (you read) recently?
4. What kind of people ___________ (you work) with?
5. What sort of bosses __________________ (you have)?
6. What __________________ (you learn) from your other jobs?
7. What sort of problems _____________ (you have) to deal with?
8. What _____________ (you do) that shows leadership?
Exercise 71. Complete the short answers with the correct form of have.
1 A: Has Francois ever worked in a bank?
B: No, he hasn’t.
2 A: Have all the candidates for interview arrived?
3 A: So you have worked for Nielsen Electronics, is that right?
4 A: What about these candidates? Have they ever managed a project?
B: No, _____________.
5 A: Have you called a job agency?
6 A: Have you and Luis received a reply yet?
B: Well, Luis ____________ , but I'm afraid I ____________ .
Exercise 72. Answer the questions in the way shown. Use yet.
Model 1: Have you finished the book yet?
- No, I haven't finished it yet. I am still reading it.
Model 2: Have you seen the new film at the local cinema?
- I haven't seen it yet but I'm going to see it.
1. Have you translated the article yet? 2. Have they finished discussing the problem? 3. Have you decided who will make a report on the international situation? 4. Has she had her lunch yet? 5. Have they finished working at their course papers? 6. Has he woken up? (to sleep) 7. Has she made breakfast? 8. Have you eaten at the new Italian restaurant? 9. Have you bought a car? 10. Has Gerry asked Diana to marry him? 11. Have you spoken to the dean already? 12. Has he read the newspaper? 13. Have you washed the plates? 14. Have you seen him already? 15. Have you asked them for dinner? 16. Have you already explained it to him? 17. Have they passed their tests already? 18. Has she taken the pills? 19. Have they accepted the conditions? 20. Have you decided when to go?
Exercise 73. Make sentences with already and yet.
Model: Don't forget to pack some warm clothes. - I've already packed them.
Have you typed the letters yet? - Yes, I've already typed them.
Have you bought that dress? - No, I haven't bought it yet, but I'm going to buy it.
1. Why don't you have a bath? - ______________________
2. Shall I buy some newspapers? - No, _________________
3. Have you asked Jim yet? - Yes, ____________________
4. Have you invited Larry and Sue? - No, I _________________, but I am ________________
5. Has the manager arrived yet? - Yes, ________________
6. Has Jill written to Dad? - No, she _________________ but she ________________ tonight.
Exercise 74. Use the words in brackets to make questions according to the model.
Model: (he/ever/paint/people) Has he ever painted people?
1. (you ever/be/to Scotland?)__________________________________
2. (your parents/live/here all their lives?) ________________________
3. (you/hear/this concert?) ____________________________________
4. (how many times/you/ be married? ___________________________
5. (he/ever/meet/the President?)________________________________
6. (you/ever/visit/the White House?) ____________________________
Exercise 75. Make questions using the words given.
Has anything happened recently?
1. (you/read/any books recently?) ______________________________
2. (you/hear/from Tom in the past few days?) ____________________
3. (you/buy/any new records recently?) ________________________
4. (you/eat/anything today?) __________________________________
5. (you/see/any good films recently?) ___________________________
6. (it/snow/here this year yet?) ________________________________
Exercise 76. Put in gone or been.
Model: She is back home from holiday now. She has been to Italy.
1. I saw Jane ten minutes ago but now she's _______________.
2. Max is on holiday now. He has ______________ to India.
3. London is a wonderful city. I have ________________ there many times.
4. There is a new cinema in our town. Have you ever ______________ there?
5. I don't know where Bob is now. I think he has _______________ to school.
6. Hi, Ann! Where have you ______________ all this time?
7. Have you ever ____________ to New York? — Oh, yes. Once.
8. Hello! I've just _____________ to the circus. I had a wonderful time there.
9. I'm not going to school. I have already ___________ there today.
10. Ben and Tom have _______________ out. But they will be back in a moment.
Exercise 77. Answer the following questions using the present perfect.
1. What films have you seen this month? 2. What new places have you Практические упражнения
visited this year? 3. What new buildings have appeared in your town during the year? 4. How much money have you spent this week? 5. How many lectures have you missed this term? 6. How many telephone calls have you made since the beginning of this week? 7. What has the weather been like this month? 8. What different types of lessons have you had today? 9. How many holidays have you spent abroad over the past three years? 10. Which of your friends haven't you seen for some time? 11. How long have you lived in your present house? 12. How many reports have you made at the seminars so far? 13. How many times have you been to a disco this month? 14. How many questions have you answered so far? 15. How long has it taken to complete this exercise?
Exercise 78.Four business people were asked about stressful experiences. Look at the table; then answer the questions, as in the examples.
V – yes, x-no
1. Has Sergio ever made a formal presentation? Yes, he has.
2. Has Sergio ever asked his boss for a pay rise? No, he hasn’t.
3. Has Marie ever negotiated an important contract? _____________
4. Has Marie ever made a formal presentation? _________________
5. Have Lucy and Sergio ever negotiated an important contract? _______
6. Have Lucy and Marie ever asked their boss for a pay rise? __________
7. Has anybody ever made a formal presentation? ___________________
Exercise 79. Complete the information about Said and Aldona with the correct form of the verbs in brackets (past simple or present perfect).
1. Said was born (be born) in 1973 in Morocco.
2. He _________ (go) to university in 1991.
3. He _________ (work) in Spain from 1997 to 1999.
4. He _________ (meet) Aldona in 2000.
5. Said and Aldona _________ (get married) in 2001.
6. They ________ (live) in London since 2002.
7. Aldona _________ (become) a travel agent a year ago.
8. Said __________ (finish) a computer course last July.
9. He __________ (be) a website designer since September.
Exercise 80. Match each of the sentences from column A with a suitable context from column B
Exercise 81. Find a proper way of continuing each of the sentences in column A with a sentence or a phrase in column B.
Exercise 82. Choose the correct tense form.
1. We (not/have) a holiday last year.
A didn't have
В haven''t had
С hadn't have
2. My parents (be) to the USA many times.
A have been
С have being
3. I (buy) a new dress last week, but I (not / wear) it yet.
A have bought A haven't worn
В bought В wore
С had bought С didn't wear
4. … it (stop) raining yet?
A Did it stop
В Is it stopped
С Has it stopped
5. Don't worry about your letter. I (send) it the day before yesterday.
В have sent
6. I (lose) my glasses. I (have) them when I came to the college this morning.
A losed A have had
В have lost В had
С lost С have.
7. When Jill (finish) school?
A When had Jill finished
В When has Jill finished
С When did Jill finish
8. When I was a child, I (always / be) late for school.
A have always been
B was always late
С had always been
9. I can't find my umbrella. I think somebody (take) by mistake.
С has taken
10. Are you tired? Yes, a little. I (paint) the ceiling today.
A have painted
11. We (not / see) Peter this week, but we (see) him a couple of weeks ago.
A didn't see A saw
В haven't saw В have saw
С haven't seen С have seen
12. Have you got any money? Yes, I (borrow) it from my brother.
В have borrowed
С did borrow
13. -Where is Jane? - She (go) the shops. She'll be back soon.
В has gone to
С has been to
14. My husband (work) in the bank for three years since 2004 to 2007.
A has worked
В had worked
15. Mom (lose) her car keys, so we have to open the door by force.
A has lost
16. One of the passengers (die) in that accident.
A has died
17. My sister and her husband (be married) since last Christmas.
A were married
В have married
C have been married
18. ... the post (come) today?
A Did the post come
В Has the post come
С Has the post came
PRESENT PERFECT CONTINUOUS
Exercise 83. Put the verbs in brackets into the present perfect continuous.
1. I'm tired. I (work) all day.
2. How long (you wait) here?
3. I (stand) here since 6 o'clock.
4. How long (you learn) Chinese?
5. She (study) English for five years.
6. You're out of breath. ... (you run)?
7. We (live) here for twelve years.
8. My hands are dirty. I (repair) the car.
9. How long (the children, sleep)?
10. What (you, do) all afternoon?
11. They (ring) me about it every day for the past week.
12. It started raining last Monday and it (rain) ever since.
Exercise 84. Put the verb in brackets into the present perfect continuous.
1. I (work) on this problem for two months. 2. She (sleep) all this time? 3. You (talk) this nonsense all day long. 4. "Any news about your latest project?" - "I just (tell) about it." 5. He says he (not/feel) well for the past week. 6. You are red all over. How long you (lie) in the sun today? 7. I (try) to get you all day, George! 8. I (not/sleep) well for months. 9. We (see) each other regularly since the party at Helen's. 10. "Jack isn't working now." -"He (not/work) for years."
Exercise 85. Put the verbs in brackets into the present perfect continuous
1. - What are you doing?
- I'm repairing my son's bicycle. I (do) it for two hours.
2. I'll call for an ambulance. She (get) weaker and weaker since she had breakfast.
3. Hurry up, John. I'm waiting for you. You (have a bath) for an hour.
4. Who is that man standing on the corner? He (stand) there for the last half an hour.
5. Where is Dad? I (wait) for him since 6 p.m. We are going to be late to the concert.
6. I can't stand it any more. Those people (quarrel) since breakfast.
7. - Jim works as a sales manager.
- He (sell) washing machines for three months.
8. Dora is playing the piano. She (play) the piano since I came.
9. Aren't you going to tell me what (you/do) in my absence?
10. How long you (sit) here?
11. Michael, I (try) to get you all day!
12. I'll go and wash my eyes. I don't want my husband to see I (cry).
13. The amount of crime (increase) for the last ten years and we can't stop this process.
Exercise 86. Put the questions to the following sentences beginning withhow long.
Model:How long has he been doing this exercise?
1. Mike has been writing his translation for an hour.
2. My sister has been learning Italian since she was five. 3. We've been waiting for him for two hours. 4. They've been talking for an hour. 5. She has been playing the piano for two hours. 6. I've been looking for this dictionary for three months. 7. The students have been discussing this problem since 2 o'clock. 8. They have been developing my pictures since Monday.
Exercise 87. Make up sentences using the present perfect continuous.
Model: Suzy is in her riding boots, (she/ride) - She has been riding.
You are dirty all over. What (you/do) - What have you been doing?
1. Have a rest now. (you/work too hard/lately) ____________________
2. You are shivering, (you/stand/in this cold/long?) ________________
3. Her hands are red and wet. (she/scrub/the floors/for three hours) _______________________________________________________
4.The children are quite voiceless, (they/sing at the top of their voices/since morning) _____________________________________
Exercise 88. Answer the questions using the present perfect continuous tense.
Model: Why is your hair wet? - I have been swimming.
1. Why are your eyes red? 2. Why are your clothes wet? 3. Why do you look so tired? 4. Why are you out of breath? 5. Why are you so sleepy today? 6. Why are you so irritable today? 7. Why are your hands dirty? 8. Why are your trousers greasy? 9. Why do you want to take a day off? 10. Why are you late?
Exercise 89. Make up sentences according to the model.
Model: Mary is having a bath. She went to the bathroom an hour ago. Mary has been having a bath for an hour.
1. Jack is sleeping now. He went to bed three hours ago. ______________ Практические упражнения
2. Steve is working in his room. He started working two hours ago. _____ 3. They are building a new house. They began to build it four months ago._________ 4. They are repairing the road. They started repairing it on 20 May ________ 5. It is snowing now. It began to snow three days ago. _______.
Exercise 90.Read the story and analyze the use of the present perfect continuous.
Mr. Brown is the manager in a small company. He has been having problems in his office for about 2 months. The situation is really embarrassing.
His secretary has been complaining about too much secretarial work since he sacked their office boy. Besides, some of his employees have been complaining about lack of bonuses and overtime since he made redundant some employees. More than that, his company has been losing customers and has been making less and less profits. Mr. Brown thinks that their accountant has been neglecting his duties. The company's customers have been writing him about mistakes in invoices and other documents as well as delays in deliveries. Mr. Brown doesn't know what to do because he doesn't understand why all this has been happening in his office. He is disappointed, embarrassed and upset. Has the time come for him to improve his skills as a manager?
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 126.96.36.199 (0.033 с.)