Заглавная страница Избранные статьи Случайная статья Познавательные статьи Новые добавления Обратная связь
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Write a short presentation about your family and yourself.
I. Grammar Revision
Continuous Tenses (Active)
II. Vocabulary Comprehension
1. Learn the words and word-combinations to comprehend the text:
ІІІ. Reading Comprehension
1. Skim the text first to define its general subject and the subject of each paragraph. Use the following phrases:
The text is about…
The subject of the text is…
There are…paragraphs in it.
The first (second, third, etc.) paragraph deals with (considers…, describes…, informs…).
2. Skim the text again and answer the following questions:
1. Whose working day is described?
2. Is Petro’s favourite saying mentioned?
3. Is Petro’s ordinary morning described?
5. Are Petro’s daily activities at the University mentioned?
6. Is Petro’s ordinary evening described?
3. Read the text:
Petro's Working Day
Petro is a first-year student. His working day is rather tight. He doesn’t like getting up late. Petro always says, “early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise”. He believes there is not enough of each day as it is, without wasting the beginning of it.
This day starts like any other day. Petro wakes up at seven o'clock. He is used to staying in bed for a minute or two, then gets up, opens the window, makes his bed and does his morning exercises. He likes to take a cold shower every morning, so he puts on his slippers and goes to the bathroom. After he has brushed his teeth, shaved and dressed he goes to the kitchen. At 7.20 a.m. he is ready for breakfast. As a rule he does not prepare breakfast, his mother does it for him, but if she leaves home early he prepares it himself. Petro is sure that proper breakfast won’t do him any harm. For breakfast he usually has eggs, sausage or cheese sandwiches and a cup of coffee or tea. During breakfast he listens to the news or music on the radio.
At 7.40 a.m. Petro leaves for the university. His university is far from his home, so it takes him twenty five minutes to get there by route taxi. On his way to the University he often meets his friends, who are hurrying to the University too. His classes begin at 8.15 a.m. As a rule, Petro has three or four classes a day. At 11.45 a.m. he has a bite at the university canteen. As a matter of fact he stays at the University till five or six o’clock to study in the lab or in the library.
When he gets home he has his dinner. He usually has a little rest and then at seven he sits down to do his homework. It takes him a couple of hours to get it done. In the evening after supper Petro likes to sit down in the chair with a good book or watch TV. Sometimes he goes to the cinema or visits his friends or they come to visit him. He has a lot of friends and they often spend time together, especially on Sundays. As soon as he feels sleepy he brushes his teeth, goes to his room, sets his alarm clock for seven and goes to bed. Although Petro is a hard-working student he never has time to do all he wants to do.
4. Are these statements true or false? If they are false, say why. Use the following phrases:
I can’t agree to this statement because…
Just the contrary…
To my mind…
1. Petro is a second-year student.
2. He is a sleepy-head.
3. Petro starts his day by doing morning exercises.
4. Petro always prepares his breakfast himself.
5. He prefers having light breakfast.
6. He gets to the University on foot.
7. His classes begin at 8.15 a. m.
8. Petro stays at the University till 2.00 p.m.
9. He never has a rest after classes.
10. It takes him much time to do his homework.
11. Petro’s friends sometimes come to him.
12. Petro often wastes his time.
17. Petro studies at Kyiv University.
5. Study the text and answer the following questions:
1. Is Petro a student?
2. What is his favourite saying?
3. Does Petro get up at 7.00 a.m. sharp?
4. Does he take a bath in the morning?
5. Who prepares his breakfast?
6. What kind of breakfast does he prefer?
7. When does he leave for the University?
8. Why does he get there by route taxi?
9. How long does he stay at the University?
10. What does he do at the University?
11. When does Petro come home?
12. What does he do at home?
13. What does he usually do when he has free time in the evening?
14. When does he go to bed?
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-04-08; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 22.214.171.124 (0.009 с.)