ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Answer the questions on the text.
Ответьте на вопросы по тексту.
1. When was this University founded?
2. Name some of notable alumni of Harvard.
3. Why was it named for John Harvard?
4. Where do the students usually live?
5. When did Harvard become a chartered University?
6. Is there a quota limiting the number of women students in Harvard?
Give a short summary of the text (10 –15 sentences).
Напишите краткую аннотацию текста на английском языке (не более 10 –15 предложений). Соблюдайте правила написания аннотаций, используя необходимые вводные слова и выражения (см. гл. IV).
Курс 3 семестр
Контрольная работа №3
Put the adverbs and prepositions in the right place.
Поставьте наречия и предлоги в соответствующее место в предложении.
1. (just) The snow has stopped. 2. (never) I have been quite happy with you. 3. (ever) Nobody has had such good luck. 4. (already) Father has gone off. 5. (yet) Have you read the novel in the original? 6. (“for”, “since”) Peter is hungry because he has had nothing to eat ... five hours, ... morning. 7. (“for” or “since”) I have not seen him ... 1987.
Put the verb in brackets using the Present Perfect.
Раскройте скобки, употребляя глагол в Present Perfect.
1.I (to learn) the poem. 2. You (to taste) the cake? 3. You ever (to drive) a car? 4. They (to receive) a new flat this year. 5. She never (to be) to England. 6. You (to see) this film yet?
Open the brackets using the Present Perfect or the Past Indefinite Tenses.
Раскройте скобки, употребляя формы Present Perfect или Past Indefinite.
1. I can reach my work easily now, as I (to buy) a new car. 2. I (to lose) my keys and cannot remember where I (to see) them last. 3. I (to phone) you twice yesterday and (to get) no answer. 4. I cannot go out because I (not to finish) my work. 5. She (to buy) a pair of gloves yesterday. 6. You (to play) the piano today? 7. You ever (to be) to New York?
Put the verb into the most suitable form, the Past Perfect or the Past Indefinite Tense.
Поставьте глагол в Past Perfect или Past Indefinite.
1. The policeman read the suspect his rights after he (to arrest) him. 2. She ran downstairs to open the door, but it (to be) too late. The postman already (to go). 3. There was nobody in the sitting room when I (to get) home. Everybody (to go) to bed. 4. After I (to spend) all the money I turned to my father. 5. She (to understand) the letter after she (to read) it a second time. 6. We went to see the sights after we (to buy) a map of Minsk.
Use the correct tense form (Indefinite, Continuous, Perfect Tenses).
Используйте нужную видо-временную форму (Indefinite, Continuous, Perfect).
1. I (to make) a report at the seminar on Monday. You (to make) your report yet? 2. I (to pass) my English exam last week. 3. When we came the train (to leave) already. 4. He (to read) a lot and (to know) a lot. 5. Normally I (to have breakfast) at 8 in the morning. 6. What you (to speak) about?
Translate into English.
Переведите на английский язык.
1. Когда сломался лифт? 2. Я только что позвонил Анне. 3. Она всегда прекрасно выглядит. 4. Майкл перевел эту интересную статью к 5 часам вчера. 5. Когда вы улетаете в Лондон? 6. В машине никого не было, но мотор работал.
Choose the right variant of the adjective or adverb.
Выберите правильный вариант прилагательного или наречия.
1. This poster is (colourful, more colourful, most colourful) than the one in the hall. 2. The people needed business skills so that they could manage themselves (much, more, most) efficiently. 3. They staged some of his (little, less, least) known operas. 4. Pat’s car is (fast, faster, fastest) than Dan’s. 5. “Take it (easy, easily)”, I said to my friend. 6 He had (regular, regularly) features. 7. Our teacher gives us a test (occasional, occasionally). 8. There was a (terrible, terribly) storm.
Match the opposites.
Составьте пары антонимов.
Translate into English.
Переведите на английский язык.
1. Его произношение хуже твоего. 2. У них такая же большая семья, как и у нас. 3. Кто из вас самый смелый? 4. Эта девочка – худшая ученица в классе. 5. Январь обычно холоднее февраля. 6. Это самый красивый парк из всех, какие я знаю.
Use the necessary modal verbs (can, could, may, might, must, have to, should, need, to be allowed to, to be able to). Use the right tense form.
Вставьте подходящие по смыслу модальные глаголы и их эквиваленты (can, could, may, might, must, have to, should, need, to be allowed to, to be able to).
1. After landing, you ... stay in your seat until the plain has come to a standstill. 2. I ... hear voices outside. 3. ... you believe her story? It ... be her imagination. 4. Something ... be done to stop the criminal. 5. You ... get her on the phone any time. 6. ... I ask your advice? 7. If your car was broken, you ... borrow mine.
Match part 1 and 2.
Соотнесите английские предложения с русскими.
Choose the proper preposition.
Выберите верный предлог.
1. The movie started ... 7.00 sharp, so we got there just ... time. 2. We are going ... St. Petersburg ... a week. 3. Have you ever been ... Paris? 4. Do you know the man ... this photo? 5. Trafalgar Square is ... London. 6. He will arrive ... our city ... Monday morning.
Find the right order of the sentences. Give the title to the story.
Расставьте последующие предложения в нужном порядке, чтобы получился связный рассказ. Озаглавьте рассказ.
1. Captain Jones was pleased but not completely satisfied. So he sailed to the nearby Scottish coast and went to the home of the Earl of Selkirk. Jones and his men put all of the Earl’s silverware onto the “Ranger” to take back to America. The British did not laugh so much about America’s navy after Jon’s visit.
2. In 1778 the British had the strongest navy in the world. They laughed at the small navy of their American colonies who were fighting Britain for their independence.
3. Then they went back to the harbour and began their work. Some of them went to the fort and put the guns out of order, others began burning British ships. The British soldiers finally woke up and put up a good fight, but they lost to Jones and his men.
4. On the night of April 24, 1778 Captain John Paul Jones silently brought the American ship “Ranger” into Whiteheaven harbour on the west coast of England. As soon as he arrived, he took a group of his men to a local inn, broke into it and had a drink with them.
5. An American captain decided to show the British that size was not everything. Here is what happened.
Read the text.
University College Galway.
Galway city, though among the fastest growing cities in Western Europe in recent decades, remains a compact and intimate city of about 55, 000 people, set at mid-point on the western coast of Ireland, facing out onto the Atlantic. Galway is acknowledged – by Irish and overseas commentators alike – as an ideal University city. Its narrow medieval streets combine with dynamic new commercial and service outlets.
Its lively arts scene (the annual Galway Arts Festival being among the most exciting and highly regarded on the European festival calendar) owes much to the intimate and harmonious relationship between town and gown. In the arts, as in the industrial, commercial, social and sporting life of the region, the university has a pivotal role that is recognized and welcomed by civic and community leaders.
The Irish language is widely used with English in the city and, of course, in the predominantly Irish-speaking districts in Galway’s hinterland. But it is not uncommon to hear many languages spoken by visitors in the streets of Galway (including students from over 50 countries who attend courses in the university).
Respect for traditional culture combines with a confident embrace of the new frontiers of science and technology and new ideas in all branches of learning. It is this confident fusion between the old and the new, between the traditional and the radically different, which gives Galway its unique edge as a University city.
Galway has been an internationally renowned centre of higher education since the early 17th century. University College Galway has celebrated its 150th birthday. Its first name was Queen’s College Galway.
And while the College can look back on a history of great achievement by its staff and its students, it must also look forward to the needs of its future students. These will be mobile young Europeans and other citizens of the world who will rightly demand an environment in which their minds can develop and their intellects will be stretched to the full. They will demand that at the end of their period of study the qualifications earned will be recognized as being of high international standard.
These are all factors, which University College Galway bears in mind when recruiting its staff and planning its physical infrastructure. Thus, staff in each of its seven faculties has been expanded in recent years. New physical resources have been provided for the Library, Information Technology, Applied Languages, Business Studies, Marine Science, Clinical Science, Biotechnology and student housing.
University College Galway has a wide range of links with educational institutions throughout the world. Staff members participate in collaborative research and teaching projects and exchanges with colleagues in other countries. Many Galway graduates continue their studies at overseas institutions and each year the College enrols visiting students from many countries.
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-04-07; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 188.8.131.52 (0.015 с.)