ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Ex.1. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense (present or future).
1. When he (get) his salary we'll buy a new TV set.
2. I'll be ready as soon as you (be).
3. She will be happy when she (hear) this news.
4. I (lend) you my car whenever you want it.
5. My boss will be upset when he (see) how slowly she works.
6. He'll pay you when he (get) his cheque.
7. As soon as she (learn) English he'll get her a job.
8. You shouldn't count on a salary increase before you actually (get) it.
9. The company won't make any decision till he (arrive) here.
10. By the time he (retire) he will have worked here for 20 years.
11.I (contact) you as goon as 1 get information.
12. If they (not receive) payment next week they will take legal action against us.
2. Put each verb in brackets into a suitable tense. All sentences refer to future time.
1. As soon as I (get) there, I (write) you a letter.
2.She (buy) that house when she (have) enough money.
3. I (phone) you if I (be) late.
4. I (buy) this company's shares as soon as the price (come down).
5. The machine (not work) until you (press) that button.
6. I (fly) to Greece after the strike (be) over.
7. We (have) to stay here till the rain (stop).
8. If I (sec) him I (ask) for a rise.
9. As soon as I (hear) from him I (let) you know.
10. Our shop (not give) you your money back if you (not bring) the receipt.
11. If they (close) the factory, a lot of small businesses (suffer).
12. Our sales (fall) when we (put up) prices.
Ex.3. Translate into English:
1.Якщо ваша компанія зробить відповідні заходи, то рада директopiв підвищить річний оклад службовців.
2.Як тільки ви продасте цю партію товару, ми виплатимо вам комісійну винагороду.
3.Після того, як будуть встановлені додатков пільги, умови праці наших po6iтникiв значно покращаться.
4.Якщо у мене буде можливість, то я придбаю акції цієї компанії за зниженою цїною.
5.Якщо ви будете працювати в нашій компанії, ви будете мати багато додаткових пільг.
6.Як тільки директор підвищить йому заробітну платню, він придбаеновий автомобіль.
7.Коли ви одержите медичну страховку, ви зможете легко виршити свої проблеми.
8.Якщо цей адвокат зможе нам допомогти, то він отримас високий гонорар від нашої компанії.
9.Якщо ви будете постійним кліентом цієї компанії, то ви отримаєте
ADJECTIVES AND ADVERBS
Adjectivesdescribe or qualify nouns
He's an excellent manager.
The lunch was delicious!
in front of the noun
This is aneasy task.
■ where there are several adjectives
Size colour material noun
A large black leather bag
after some verbs: be, become, seem, feel
The quality is good.
The company is becomingprofitable.
I feel tired.
Adverbsgo with verbs to describe how you do something, or how often you do something
She works efficiently.
I often check share prices on the internet.
Adverbs that tell you how often: sometimes, often, usually, rarely, occasionally, frequently, generally, normally, always, never
Forming adverbs from adjectives
most adjectives: + -ly
slow - slowly
large - largely
adjectives ending in -y + -ily
steady - steadily
adjectives ending in -ic: + -ally
automatic - automatically
adjectives ending in -able: change ending to -ably
reasonable - reasonably
That’s a fast car. He drives too fast.
It’s a very hard job. The sales team is working hard.
They are good workers. They do their job well.
adverbs that tell you how
-follow the verb
-follow any object in the sentence
Sales rose rapidly.
He spoke English well.
adverbs that tell you how often, as well as adverbs of certainty and uncertainty, can go:
-in front of the main verb
-between the first part of the verb and the main verb
-at the beginning or end of the sentence
I often work till 6 o'clock.
I don't often travel abroad.
The price will definitely rise.
Sometimes prices go down.
COMPARATIVES AND SUPERLATIVES
We use the comparative to compare two items:
The grey suit is smarter than the brown suit.
We use the superlative to compare one item with two or more other items:
The black suit is the smartest.
Adjectives with one syllable
• We add -erto form the comparative and the + -estto form the superlative.
smart: smarter, the smartest
• For adjectives that end in e, we add -r to form the comparative and -st to form the superlative,
wide: wider, the widest
• For adjectives that end in a vowel + consonant we double the consonant.
big: bigger, the biggest
Adjectives with two syllables that end in у
• comparative: у - i + -er crazier
superlative the + -iest the craziest
Other two syllable and longer adjectives
• Adjectives form the comparative with more + adjective and the most + adjective,
more stylish, the most stylish/more expensive, the most expensive
We use than after a comparative.
You are smarter than him.
as ... as
To show that two things are equal (or not) we use (not) as + adjective + as.
He is as smart as you.
He is not as smart as you.
To form the opposite of the comparative and superlative forms more/the most we can use less/the least.
My job is less demanding than yours, (or - My job is not
as demanding as yours.)
He has the least demanding job.
It is unusual to say:
He is less rich than you. or He is the least rich.
For adjectives that add -er, -est we usually use not as ... as.
He is not as rich as you.
bad worse the worst
good better the best
Divide the adjectives in the box into groups according to how the comparative and the superlative are formed.
Fast, easy, modern, big, high, slow, expensive, hard-working, cheap, punctual, complicated, good, useful, happy, low, responsible, bad, reliable, comfortable, hard, experienced, far, important, exciting, wealthy, large, thin, tidy, tiring, honest, reasonable.
Complete these sentences, using the correct form (comparative or superlative) of the adjectives in brackets.
1 Our profit is (big) than our competitors'.
2 He is (qualified) than the previous accountant.
3 She is much (experienced) than her friends.
4. This device is (cheap) of all.
5. She is (young) in our department.
6. This is one of the (reliable) banks in Ukraine.
7 The situation in the market is getting (difficult).
8. You have got the (small) office.
9. Money has always been the (important) thing.
10. The prices for this product are (high) here.
П. I hear you were having problems last year. Is your business (good) this year?
12.I am so happy. This is (good) news I've heard for ages!
13. That hotel was very cheap. I expected it to be much (expensive).
14. If you need any (far) information, please contact our bank.
15. It was (bad) experience in my life.
16. This is (difficult) decision I've made for years.
17. The quality of our product is rather high, but we must make it still (high).
18. This company's products are (expensive) on the market.
19. This supermarket offers (low) prices than any other local supermarket.
20. We were disappointed as the presentation was (successful) than we expected.
21.The banking system of Ukraine is becoming (dependent) on global processes.
Make up sentences using the present perfect and a superlative adjective.
E.g. difficult decision/make
It's the most difficult decision I have ever made.
1 cheap hotel/stay in
2. fast car/drive
3. reasonable boss/work for
4. boring presentation/hear
5. difficult customers/deal with
6. good product/produce
7. bad job/have
8. simple computer program/use
9. reliable bank/deal with
10. profitable contract/make
11. bad mistake/make
12. expensive thing/buy
13. big company/work for
14. long meeting/be to
Form I / you / he / she / it / we / they worked.
I / you / he / she / it / we / they did not work.
DidI / you / he / she / it / we / they work?
I / he / she / itwas late. You / we / they were late.
Was I / he / she / it late? Were you / we / they late?
l Talking about completed actions that happened in the past
Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone.
'Did you read the contract?' 'Yes, and I sent it back to the legal department.'
2 Referring to a definite moment or period in the past
I metthe president yesterday.
I spoke to them an hour ago.
Ted Turner launched CNN in 1980.
The standard of living in Europe went up during the 1960s. Did you discuss the problem at last week's meeting?
3 Describing something, e.g. the history of a company
When George Eastman introduced the first Kodak camera in 1888, he wantedto supply the tools of photography at the lowest possible price to the greatest number of people. The rapid growth of his business made large-scale production a necessity. The creation of ingenious tools and processes for manufacturing film enabledthe Eastman company to turn out high-quality merchandise at prices that put them within the reach of the general public.
4 In reports, e.g. a company's annual report
We use the past simple in annual reports when they refer back to the previous year's trading:
Last year wasa tough year for our group. On the one hand, weearned more than a billion dollars, we generatedrecord cash flow and many of our businessesposted big gains in sales, profit and market share. On the other hand, our total earnings declined, our overseas subsidiaries experienced major problems and our US production facilities underperformed.
What made these people famous? Write true sentences, and change the form of the verb.
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-07-14; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 18.104.22.168 (0.018 с.)