Заглавная страница Избранные статьи Случайная статья Познавательные статьи Новые добавления Обратная связь
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
II. Fill in the missing letters
T_wn, m_n, o_d, s_n, b_rd, n_me, w_tch, r_ch, d_ughte_, w_od, sho_t, n_ckl_c_, gr_ss, pe_rls, h_ntin_, l_gs, r_ng.
III. Unscramble these words:
IV. Write the second form of these irregular verbs and translate them into Ukrainian.
V. Decide if these sentences are true (T) or false (F).
VI. Match two halves of the sentences.
1. Jack liked a) to look for the tree of life.
2. When Philippa and Francis b) they asked her about the tree of
had a rest, life.
3. The rich man called his child- c) in the golden castle.
4. Francis and Philippa left the d) and gave her some food.
5. When the young man met an e) they saw an anthill.
6. The king lived f) to go for walks and match the
7. Jack thanked the old woman animals.
g) because he was very ill.
1.__; 2.__; 3.__; 4.__; 5.__; 6.__; 7.__.
VII. Correct these sentences. The wrong words are marked.
VIII. Who says these sentences in the story?
- Let’s burn the anthill. __________
- The only thing that can save you is an apple from the tree of life. __________
- Please, take me with you. ___________
- What’s the matter with your father? ___________
- Get out of your way. ____________
- I can take the donkey and I can carry your things. ___________
- Don’t take the short path, take the long path. _____________
Read and translate the text.
The Coffee Story
Kaldi was tired, but he couldn’t sleep. His goats were active and very noisy. «Why can’t they sleep?», - Kaldi thought. He couldn’t understand the problem so he watched the animals carefully. They were eating some green plants with little red fruit on them. The shepherd wanted to taste the fruit. He ate the soft part of each fruit and the hard things in the centre. After a minute he began to feel energetic. He was not tired any more and didn’t want to sleep.
Those hard things were coffee beans, and Kaldi discovered them in Ethiopia more than 1,000 years ago. At least, that’s the traditional story. Perhaps, it is true, perhaps not. Nobody knows. But we know that coffee grew first in Ethiopia, and we know that somebody discovered it there more than 1,000 years ago.
After that, Arab travellers took coffee plants to Egypt and other Arab countries. Arab farmers began to grow coffee plants. People learnt to make a drink from the beans, and they called it qahwa. For 400 years, only the Arabs know about qahwa.
The people in Turkey learnt about it. Soon after that, western Europeans began to drink it, and in 1652 the first coffee shop in London opened.
Now farmers grow coffee in many parts of the world. Some famous coffee-growing countries are Brazil, Colombia, Indonesia and, of course, Ethiopia. Coffee is one of the world’s favourite drinks, thanks to Kaldi and his goats.
Tasks to the text:
I. Translate into Ukrainian.
· a goat_______________________________________________
· coffee beans___________________________________________
· a traveller_____________________________________________
II. Write the form of Past Simple of these verbs and translate them into Ukrainian.
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2017-02-19; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 126.96.36.199 (0.004 с.)