Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Вставте займенники: some, any, somebody, anybody, something, anything
A.1. I have … friends at the University.
2. Is there … water in the tube?
3. Victor doesn’t know … about this problem.
4. The young man is very upset. There is …wrong with his car.
5. She has to go to the supermarket. There isn’t … in the fridge.
6. Give me … to read, please. – With pleasure.
7. “Is there … waiting for me?” – the director asked.
8. They need … paper to write.
9. I don’t need … glasses.
10. I have got … biscuits for tea.
B.1. Chemists discovered … important elements not long ago.
2. We can see … large molecules in an electron microscope.
3. Is there … gas in these pipes?
4. Do you really think that … can use this computer in our absence?
5. I saw … I knew at the lecture on mathematics three days ago.
6. We have … interesting to read in the field of science in our library.
7. I can’t say … about their research of the radioactive elements.
8. The engineers of the Institute developed … new methods of work.
9. The measures implemented by the government raised … problems on the standard of living.
10. Can you say that … experiment is a test to gain new knowledge?
2. Поставте речення в заперечну і питальні форми:
A.1. I have got some interesting films in English.
2. There are some apples on the plate.
3. My friend have got some computer games.
4. Last week we translated some articles from this newspaper.
5. You have some mistakes in your exercises.
6. There are some coffee cups on the table.
7. There is some paper on the desk.
8. Some people always give advice.
9. My sister likes to see some films on TV.
10. I have got some new clothes yesterday.
B. 1. Some elements have different colours but their properties are the same.
2. There were some foreign delegations in our Academy.
3. There will be some interesting reports at the conference in spring.
4. There are some radioactive elements in our laboratory.
5. This student can submit his thesis in some days.
6. At the present time there are some sputniks which travel round the Sun.
7. Some new methods are very important for our plant.
8. Einstein’s work on relativity was a great surprise for some scientists in the world.
9. Some minicomputers are widely used in industrial control systems and research work.
10. Some of the computer principles are common to all categories of computers.
Вставте заперечні займенники: no, nothing, nobody, nowhere
A.1. I found … mistakes in your translation.
2. I have … time to help you today. Let’s meet tomorrow.
3. …. information has been received from him.
4. I saw … I knew at the lecture yesterday.
5. We read … about the use of computers.
6. … special happened yesterday.
7. I went … yesterday and stayed at home the whole day.
8. Where did you go? - …. .
9. We decided to buy cherries, so we bought … plums instead.
10. Am I right? - …, you are completely wrong.
B.1. I see … electric bulbs on the laboratory table.
2. I heard… voices in the reading hall of the library.
3. I read … about nuclear research.
4. We had … mistakes in our computer program.
5. Is this young engineer familiar to you? – No, I know … among these people.
6. He sent his thesis … and continued working on this important problem.
7. The administration gave us … money to carry out this experiment.
8. Are there any French magazines on refrigeration in our library? - …, we don’t have any.
9. There is … solution in the laboratory flask. It is empty.
10. … chemical element is so vital to life as oxygen.
1. Використайте зворотні займенники: myself, yourself, himself, herself, itself
A.1. Don’t hurt …, Peter!
2. She spoke very little of … .
3. I ask nothing for … . I ask for my employees.
4. In my wonderful dream last night I found … in a king’s palace.
5. It seems to me you can do your homework …. .
6. Let him try to make this translation … .
7. Will you help … to this wonderful ice-cream!
8. Our colleagues hope that he will learn English …. .
9. The old lady lives alone. She has nobody to speak to. So she speaks to … .
10. May I help … to a peach?
В. 1. When a person warms … at an open fire, he feels a direct heat at a distance.
2. Metals differ greatly among …. .
3. Rubber by … has a very limited use, but combined with other substances it is important.
4. We … live in such conditions when 65% of the weight of the human body is oxygen.
5. Solids sink in liquids less dense then … .
6. The method in which the rocket … reported details of its trajectory was used in Lunnik II.
7. The student can’t solve the equation …, we must help him.
8. Must we take the measurements …. or shall we get the figures from the table?
9. The Moon … doesn’t light the Earth, it is only the reflected sunlight.
10. An automated machine-tool can do this work ….
2. Зверніть увагу на зворотні займенники у множині (ourselves, yourselves, themselves) і перекладіть речення:
1. They themselves were surprised.
2. Do your children go to school by themselves or does anybody take them?
3. A new club is really nice. We enjoyed ourselves there last night.
4. Do your neighbours’ children do their room themselves?
5. I don’t like people who think only of themselves.
6. We don’t help ourselves to this seafood because we don’t like it.
7. Don’t worry! We’ll do it ourselves.
8. Electronic machines themselves can add, subtract, multiply and divide much quicker than a man.
9. You yourselves can use these new devices for your research.
10. We may complete all necessary measurements ourselves.
Зворот there is / there are
1. Використайте правильну форму дієслова “to be”:
A.1. There … a few houses in the distance.
2. … there many students in the library?
3. There … a lot of noise in the street.
4. There … much snow on the mountains.
5. … there smoke of cigarettes in the room?
6. There … a lot of vegetables in summer.
7. There … something interesting on TV today.
8. … there any butter in the fridge?
9. There … an elephant in our Zoo.
10. There … four chairs at the table.
B. 1. There … three kinds of thermometers: medical, weather and scientific.
2. There … four types of temperature scales: the Fahrenheit, the Celsius, the Kelvin and the Rankine scale.
3. There … molecules of different size and weight.
4. There … a connection between atmospheric pressure and the weather.
5. There … an equal number of molecules of the same kind in a pound of water as in a pound of steam or in a pound of ice.
6. There … no definite volume and shape in a gas.
7. There … three states of matter.
8. There …, in fact, more oxygen on Earth than any other single element.
9. There … no difference between these two figures.
10. There … an instrument for measuring temperature in the box. It is a thermometer.
Тест “Перевір себе”
A. Вставте в пропуски займенники:
1. I am looking for my pen. I can’t see … on the table.
2. Are there … mistakes in my dictation? – Yes, there are … .
3. They completed … experiments in the laboratory.
4. Can I have … milk in my coffee? I don’t like it black.
5. Will there be … concerts at the students’ club next month?
6. Is there … water in the bottle?
7. He wants to see us but … don’t want to see … .
8. There is …sodium solution in the laboratory flask. It is empty.
9. .… can be done to improve the results of his experiment with corrosive metals.
10. …new measuring instruments have accuracy which is much higher than before.
B. Якщо є в реченнях помилки, виправте їх:
1. She is younger than him brother.
2. I presented himsome new books.
3. The girl had a nice flower in theirhands.
4. It is not minebook, it is his.
5. Hersbook was on the table.
6. Is yoursbook interesting?
7. Bob always likes any sugar in his coffee.
8. Scientists today know much more about the solids than themdid 40 years ago.
9. The nearer the centre of the Sun, the higher ittemperature.
10. Mercury revolves round the Sun faster than other planets. Its speed is higher than their.
C. Вставте в пропуски зворот there is / there are:
1. …. a new computer on my table.
2. …. expensive watches in this shop.
3. …. green grass in the forest.
4. … tickets in the booking-office.
5. Yesterday ….no people at the shopping centre.
6. ….a lot of children at the concert tomorrow.
7. Soon …..no trams in our town.
8. … anything you know about this phenomenon?
9. … some metals like titanium and vanadium that are extraordinarily valuable.
10. In Donbass … iron ores that are spoken about as having no equal in quantity and variety.
1. Утворіть від наступних прикметників порівняльний і найвищий ступінь:
big, heavy, dirty, short, clean, near, bad, famous, little, much, clever, good, expensive, cheap, pale, hot, important, beautiful, cold, large, fat, practical, early, pretty, bright, happy, easy, wet, dark, dry, ugly, thin, thick, flat, fresh, quick, rapid, late, nice, full, fresh, rich, poor, sad, weak, lazy, comfortable, far, old, long.
2. Утворіть від прикметників, що стоять у дужках, порівняльний або найвищий ступінь, залежно від змісту:
1. The Don is (long) than the Thames.
2. The twenty-second of December is the (short) day in the year.
3. Iron is (useful) of all metals.
4. The Dnieper is (wide) and (deep) than the Southern Bug.
5. Elbrus is the (high) peak in the Caucasian mountains.
6. His plan is (practical) than yours.
7. London is the (large) city in England.
8. Silver is (heavy) than copper.
9. This wall is (low) than that one.
10. Yesterday was the (hot) day we have had this summer.
3. Дайте відповіді на наступні питання. Якщо ви не впевнені в правильності вашої відповіді, почніть його словами: I think (я думаю), I suppose (я думаю), а якщо впевнені – словами of course (звичайно).
Зразок: Which is shorter: February or March? – Of course, February is shorter.
1. Which is easier: English or Russian?
2. Which is warmer: autumn or summer?
3. Which is smaller: Europe or Asia?
4. Which is longer: the Thames or the Dniester?
5. Which is colder: January or February?
6. Which is bigger: Washington or New York?
7. Which is older: Kyiv or Lviv?
8. Which is faster: a plane or a ship?
9. Which is harder: iron or steel?
10. Which is more comfortable: a chair or an armchair?
11. Which is more popular: football or handball?
12. Which is more difficult: English or Japanese?
13. Who is more polite: Alice or Alex?
14. Who is more diligent: you or your sister?
15. Who is younger: your father or your mother?
4. Дайте відповіді на питання, що містять прикметники в найвищому ступені (почніть ваші відповіді словами: it seems to me – мені здається, in my opinion - на мою думку, if I'm not mistaken - якщо я не помиляюсь).
1. Which is the deepest lake in the world?
2. Which is the shortest mouth of the year?
3. Which is the most famous ballet of P. Tchaikovsky?
4. Which is the warmest season of the year?
5. Which is the highest mountain in Crimea?
6. Which is the longest river in Europe?
7. Which is the largest port in Great Britain?
8. Which is the nearest planet to the Earth?
9. Which is the most expensive car?
10. Who is the most popular singer in Ukraine?
11. Who is the greatest poet in Scotland?
12. Which metal is the lightest?
5. Дайте відповідь на наступні питання за зразком.
Зразок: Is it as warm in April as in May? – No, it’s warmer in May than in April.
1. Are Puskin’s fairy-tales as good as his poems?
2. Are folk songs as popular as rock?
3. Are days as cool as nights in summer?
4. Is your car as fast as my car?
5. Is it as cold in November as in December?
6. Is Edinburgh as large as London?
7. Is your study as cosy as your living-room?
8. Is the Moon as big as the Sun?
9. Is it as rainy in November as in September?
10. Is a kilometer as long as a mile?
6. Заповніть пропуски словами as…as, so…..as
1. The temperature today is … high … it was yesterday.
2. She is not … old … she looks.
3. He is … strong … his farther.
4. This street is not … wide … the next one.
5. She is … tall … her mother.
6. The theorem was proved … far back … the nineteenth century.
7. It … far … this important problem is concerned we will discuss it in detail.
8. There are advantages … well … disadvantages in having a king who is a foreigner.
9. This value may well express differences … well … similarities.
10. Some people ... often … not are not liable to be interviewed.
11. An elephant isn’t … fast … a tiger.
12. she doesn’t sing … well … her sister.
7. Утворіть від прикметників, що стоять у дужках, порівняльний або найвищий ступінь, залежно від змісту:
1. This is (short) way to the station.
2. Odessa is one of the (big) ports on the Black Sea.
3. Your room is (good) than mine.
4. The Moscow underground is (good) in the world.
5. This room is (small) than all the rooms in the house.
6. The book is (interesting) than the previous.
7. Tom is (young) in his family.
8. Football is (popular) sport in Europe.
9. The Lenin State library is (large) in the world.
10. Which film is (expensive): Titanic or Lord of the Rings?
8. Перекладіть наступні речення, які містять сполучення такого вигляду: the more, … the better – чим більше, тим краще.
1. The more you study, the more you know.
2. The more you study, the clever you are.
3. The shorter the days, the longer the nights.
4. The less you know the worse for you.
5. The more interesting the book is, the quicker you read it.
6. The more he lived, the wiser he became.
7. The more haste, the less speed.
8. The nearer the bone, the sweeter the flesh.
9. The least said the soonest mended.
10. The more you study, the better specialist you can become.
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 22.214.171.124 (0.05 с.)