Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
PRESENT PERFECT SIMPLE AND PROGRESSIVE.
1. TRY TO REMEMBER THE 3RD FORM OF THE FOLLOWING VERBS :
See, run, stand, visit, study, sleep, wait, be, try, know, buy, write, meet, speak, cook, learn, come, live, do, make, like, translate, build, forget, post, leave, sell, want, go, help, wash, eat, use, find, hear, get, work, drive, happen, phone, have, arrive, type, pack, invite, swim, drink, tell, pass, stop, ask, read, say, watch, cut, rain, snow, win, start, lose, move, become, break.
2. PUT THE VERBS IN BRACKETS INTO THE PRESENT PERFECT FORM :
1. I don’t know this girl. I never (meet) her before. 2. Where is Mother? – She just (go) out. 3. Do you know what this film is about? – Yes, I already (see) it. 4. How is Kate’s exam? – She (pass) it successfully. 5. Is he a good teacher? – Yes, he (help) me a lot. 6. Does they know this topic? – Yes, they (learn) it properly. 7. Do you speak Spanish? – No, I never (study) it. 8. Lena knows London perfectly well. She (be) there several times. 9. I can’t find my book. I think somebody (take) it by mistake. 10. Don’t worry about the letter. I already (post) it. 11. Look! They (stop). 12. Gwen (marry) an architect from Canada. 13. My brother (graduate) from the University. 14. I (know) them for many years. 15. Sam (buy) a new car.
3. TRANSFORM EACH SENTENCE INTO INTERROGATIVE AND NEGATIVE :
1. She has learnt many English words since September. 2. I have been here since morning. 3. She has written all lectures this term. 4. Ron has travelled all over the world. 5. We have already passed our exams. 6. She has just gone to Moscow. 7. I have met this student several times. 8. They have known this theme since yesterday. 9. We have already discussed this problem. 10. They have built a big house recently. 11. Fiona has just come. 12. You have forgotten your promise. 13. He has already told me about it. 14. I have read all those books. 15. Something has happened to Nick.
4. COMPLETE THE SENTENCES USING just / already / yet :
1. Would you like something to eat? – No, I…dinner. (just / have)
2. Do you know where Tom is? – Yes, I …him. (just / see)
3. What time is Sam leaving? – He ….. . (already / leave)
4. What’s in newspaper today? – I don’t know. I ….. . (not read / yet)
5. Are your friends here yet? – Yes, they … . (just / arrive)
6. Are you coming to the cinema ? – No, I …the film. (already / see)
7. What do your parents think about your marks? – I… (not / tell / yet)
8. Is Kate ready? – Yes, she…..her things. (already / pack)
9. Is it still raining? – No, it…. . (already / stop)
10. Let’s go to Moscow this summer. – Yes, I’d love to. I… there. (not / be / yet)
11. Can I speak to Mary? – I’m afraid, she…. . (just / go out)
12. Would you like some more cake? – I…. this one. (not / finish / yet)
13. Shall I help you with your test? – No, thanks. I ….everything myself. (already / do)
14. Are they still living in Lipetsk? – Yes, they… . (not / move / yet)
15. Is Ann still looking for a job? – No, she…. it. (already / find)
5. OPEN THE BRACKETS USIG PRESENT PERFECT PROGRESSIVE TENSE :
1. I’m tired. I (work) all day long. 2. She (wait) here since 6 o’clock. 3. We (study) English for 7 years. 4. I (live) in Voronezh all my life. 5. She (stay) in the hotel for a week. 6. They (shop) since morning. 7. We (play) tennis for 3 hours already. 8. Phil is out of breath. He (run) for the whole hour. 9. Sue (watch) TV since afternoon. 10. It (rain) since yesterday. 11. I (collect) books since my childhood. 12. Where have you been? – I (ring) you for 2 hours already. 13. Mother (cook) dinner for half an hour. 14. My sister (look) for a job since August. 15. She (do) shaping since September and her figure has improved remarkably.
6. WRITE QUESTIONS FOR EACH SITUATION USING PRESENT PERFECT PROGRESSIVE :
1. Ann looks sunburnt. You ask: (you / sit / in the sun?)
2. You meet a friend in the street. His face and hands are dirty. You ask: (what / you / do?)
3. A friend of yours is now living in Moscow. You ask: (how long /you / live/ there?)
4. Sandy works in a factory. You ask: (how long / you work / there?)
5. You are late and Mary is waiting for you. You ask: (you / wait / long?)
6. Sam speaks English very well. You ask: (you / study / English / long?)
7. You see Ton carrying bags. You ask: (you / shop?)
8. Sharon is tired. You ask: (you / work / without a brake?)
9. Petya looks dull in the morning. You ask: (you / sleep / badly?)
10. Vasya is watching TV when you are coming. You ask: ( you / watch TV / since I left?)
7. OPEN THE BRACKETS USING PRESENT PERFECT SIMPLE OR PROGRESSIVE:
A) 1. I (type) all documents. The job is done. 2. I (type) this report since yesterday and I’m only half way through. 3. Your mother is still in the kitchen. She (cook) all morning. 4. She just (cook) a delicious meal. 5. We ( build) this garage ourselves and have just begun to use it. 6. We (build) this garage ourselves and hope to finish it in two months. 7. I (read) the book you lent me but I (not finish) it yet. 8. I (read) the book you lent me, you can have it back now. 9. Up to now you (save) a lot of money. 10. How long you (save)? 11. How many books Alexandra Marinina (write)? 12. How long she (write) books? 13. How many cigarettes you (smoke) today? 14. How long you (smoke)? It’s time you gave up.
B) 1. I never (see) this face. 2. She (study) English for a year and already (learn) many new words. 3. I’m sorry. You (wait) long? – No, I just (come). 4. I (be) here since 7 o’clock. 5. We (translate) this text for the whole lesson and (translate) the first part. 6. They (discuss) the problem for hours but (not come) to any decision yet. 7. Where have you been ? You (play) tennis? 8. Look! Somebody (break) that window. 9. You look tired. You (work) hard? 10. You ever (work) in a factory? 11. Jane is away on holiday. – Where she (go)? 12. I (lose) my note- book. You (see) it anywhere? 13. Linda (travel) for three month and she already (visit) six countries so far. 14. How long you (study) at the Academy?
8. READ THE SITUATION AND WRITE TWO SENTENCES USING PRESENT PERFECT TENSES :
1.Kate started reading a book two hours ago. She is still reading it and now she is on page 50.
( she / read / for two hours)
( she / read / 50 pages so far)
2. Sam began playing tennis at 10. This year he is national champion again.
( win / national championship four times)
( play / tennis / when he was ten)
3. Ron is repairing his house now.
( do / two rooms already)
( repair / since September)
4. Henry is a translator.
( translate / many books / by now)
( works / as a translator / for 5 years)
5. Laura put on some weight.
( eat / a lot of sweets / recently)
( put on / 6 kilos / already)
6. My friends are on a cruise now .
( travel / for two weeks)
( be / to many places / already)
9. COMPLETE THESE SENTENCES USING PRESENT PERFECT OR PAST SIMPLE:
Example: I saw Sam yesterday but I haven’t seen him today.
1. I passed an exam yesterday but I…….today.
2. Last year the company didn’t make a profit but it…….this year.
3. It has snowed a lot this winter, but it…….last winter.
4. We studied well last term, but we………this term.
5. He didn’t work hard last week, but this week he…….. .
6. Our football team didn’t win many games last season, but this season it……. .
7. I haven’t watched much TV today, but I…….yesterday.
8. We have travelled a lot this summer but we…….last summer.
9. I didn’t get many good marks at school but I…..at the Academy.
10. It rained heavily last month but it…….this month.
10. OPEN THE BRACKETS USING PRESENT PERFECT OR PAST SIMPLE:
A) 1.I just (call) him. 2. I (not call) him yesterday, I was busy. 3. She already (answer) the letter. 4. She (answer) it on Tuesday. 5. My friends (go) away on holiday. 6.They (go) away last week. 7. I (pass) Physics yesterday. 8. Today I (pass) Chemistry. 9. Irene already (finish) her report. 10. She (finish) it an hour ago. 11. When he (arrive)? 12. He just (arrive). 13. The lecture already (begin). 14. It (begin) 20 minutes ago. 15. The clock (stop). 16. It (stop) yesterday. 17. Last month I (read) “David Copperfield.” 18. I (read) many Dickens’ novels. 19. We (be) in London last year. 20. We (be) to London already several times. 21. I (make) five mistakes so far today. 22. Yesterday I only (make) three mistakes altogether. 23. I never (play) rugby in my life, but I (play) football when I was at school. 24. You ever (speak) to him? 25. I (speak) to him before the party.
B) 1. Tom (buy) a new car two weeks ago. 2. His hair is very short. He (have) a haircut. 3. I (lose) me key. I can’t find it anywhere. 4. You (see) that film on TV last night? 5. Yesterday I (arrive) home at half past twelve. I (take) a bath and (go) to bed. 6. I (not drink) any coffee so far today. 7. He (be) late for the lesson three times this week. 8. You (visit) many museums when you were in Paris? 9. My book (disappear). Somebody (take) it. 10. When you (give) up smoking? 11. I (not eat) anything because I (not feel) hungry. 12. Your flat looks different. You (redecorate) it? 13. Petya (be) ill twice so far this year. 14. Vasya smokes too much. He (smoke) 20 cigarettes yesterday and 30 today. 15. My grandfather (died) 30 years ago. I never (meet) him. 16. When we were on holiday, the weather (be) awful. 17. Mr. Clark (work) in this factory for 15 years. Then he gave up. 18. They (live) in Belgorod all their life. 19. We (not study) this theme yet, but we are going to. 20. She never (be) to Dublin, but she’d love to. 21. I (buy) a new tie last week, but I (not wear) it yet. 22. When you (meet) Carol? – I (meet) her the day before yesterday. 23. Peter (live) in Greece for the last three years. He (live) in Africa before he (go) to Greece. 24. I just (have) lunch. I (finish) eating five minutes ago. 25. Kate (not do) any homework yesterday because she felt tired. But she (answer) quite well so far today.
11. PUT THE VERB INTO THE PRESENT PROGRESSIVE OR PRESENT PERFECT PROGRESSIVE :
A): 1. a) Maria (learn) English for two years.
b) She (learn) French now.
2. a) Hello, Vasya! I (look) for you all morning. Where have you been?
b) Why you (look) at me like that? Stop it!
3. a) We always go to Sochi for our holidays. We (go) there for years.
b) We (go) to the theatre tonight.
4. a) I (think) about what you said and I’ve decided to take your advice.
b) Don’t ask me anything now, please! I (think).
5. a) Is Ann on holiday this week? – No, she (work).
b) Sarah is very tired. She (work) very hard recently.
B): 1. There is a smell of cigarettes. You (smoke) again? 2. What you (do) here? 3. Where is Fred? – He (work) in the garden. 4. He (do) his lessons since after lunch. 5. Computer is out of order again! Surely, the children (play) games. 6. Somebody (ring) for you for the last five minutes. 7. Our friends (leave). – How long they (stay) with you? 8. Where is Sam? – He (talk) to policeman. – What’s happened? – He (drive) without license. 9. Who you (wait) for? 10. What the students (do)? – They (translate) the text all lesson and now they (write) a summary to it.
12. CORRECT THE MISTAKES IF ANY:
1. When have you seen him today? 2. Where did you have dinner? 3. How long are you learning English? 4. Have you been in Paris? 5. The Chinese have invented printing. 6. It has been raining from morning. 7. I live here all my life. 8. Aristotle has been a Greek philosopher. 9. I wanted to be an engineer since I was 15. 10. He’s been smart from his childhood. 11. Look at Tom! He had a haircut. 12. I have known Sally since she has divorced. 13. She was ill four or five times so far, I think. 14. Ouch! I cut my finger. 15. My parents got married in London. 16. I’ve just came here. 17. She have bought a lovely new dress. 18. I haven’t never been to Paris. 19. Have you ever won much money? 20. I sleep since the lesson began.
13. RESTORE THE SENTENCES:
1. the most boring / we / ever 8. concert / this year?
2. I / breakfast / for 2 days 9. everybody / just now
3. They / dinner / yet? 10. they / lately
4. students / Academy / so far 11. she / ill / in the last three years
5. Sting / Moscow / recently 12. dinner / today?
6. waiting / since Sunday 13. he / not / tennis / since boy
7. tells / English / 10 years 14. nobody / marks / this term
A) ANSWER THE QUESTIONS :
1. How many people have you met since you came here? 2. How many classes have you missed since the beginning of the term? 3. How many classes have you had so far today? 4. How many questions have I asked so far? 5. How many times have you flown in an airplane? 6. How many cigarettes have you smoked since you got up? 7. How many times have you eaten in a restaurant? 8. Have you ever lost anything precious? 9. Have you ever flown in a balloon? 10. Have you ever seen a gorilla? 11. Have you ever been on TV? When? 12. Have you ever beaten anybody? What for? 13. When did you first take a written exam? 14. Have you ever learnt to swim? Who taught you? 15. Have you ever cheated at tests?
B) TO THE QUESTIONS AFTER YOU READ THE SITUATIONS:
1. Pat Riley has lived in only two places all her life. She was born in Dublin but left when she was 20. She went to London. She is 30 now and she is still living there.
Where has Pat lived? When did she leave Dublin? Where did she go? How old is she now? How long did she live in Dublin? How long has she lived in London?
2. Mr. Collins gave his secretary some letters to type an hour ago. He is going home soon and he wants to sign the letters before he leaves. He has just picked up the phone and asked his secretary this question?: “Have you done those letters yet?”
When did he give his secretary the letters? Why does he want to sign them now? What has he just done? What is his question?
3. Mrs. Mavis is in a phone box. She is phoning a friend. She has been talking for 20 minutes now and a man outside the box is tapping on a window. “I haven’t finished my call yet!” she says.
Where is Mrs. Mavis and what is she doing? What is the man outside doing and why? What does she tell him?
C) SAY WHAT YOU HAVE NEVER DONE USING THE FOLLOWING VERBS:
Drive, buy, read, break, ride, eat, teach, win, fly, lose, steal, feed, build, forget, wear, drink, speak.
D) MAKE FIVE SENTENCES about something you have achieved this week/ year / month / term
15. TRANSLATE INTO ENGLISH:
1. Наш преподаватель работает здесь уже 5 лет. 2. Мы познакомились с ней 1-го сентября. 3. Она учит нас английскому всего полгода, но мы уже сделали большие успехи. 4. А когда вы начали изучать английский? 5. Сколько раз вы уже были в Лондоне? Я знаю, что вы ездили туда в прошлом году. 6. Я встречал его несколько раз в последнее время. Он очень изменился. 7. Утро было холодное и дождливое, но потом погода изменилась, солнце ярко сияет. 8. Рад с Вами познакомиться! Я читал все Ваши романы. 9. Вы уже перевели предложения? – Нет, мы все ещё переводим. 10. Я и в школе хорошо училась, и в институте пока не получала плохих оценок. 11. Простите, я впервые уснул на занятиях. 12. Он учился в институте 3 года, а потом бросил, к сожалению. 13. Урок уже начался? А когда? 14. Я никогда не платила за образование. 15. Я жду тебя уже целый час. Где ты был? 16. С тех пор как она села на диету, она сбросила 20 килограмм. 17. Где деньги? – Я потратила их на косметику. 18. Вы давно живёте в Воронеже? – С сентября. 19. Я что-то не вижу вас на занятиях в последнее время. 20. Объясняю медленно и в последний раз.
16. CHOOSE THE CORRECT VARIANT :
1. How long…..in England?
a) are you b) have you been c) have you be d) are you been
2. I…..here since last weekend.
a) am b) was c) have been d) been
3. We’ve lived in this house….. .
a) since 3 years b) for 3 years c) 3 years ago d) for 3 years ago
4. I….at 7 o’clock this morning.
a) got up b) get up c) have got up d) have get up
5. I….. in that restaurant.
a) never have eaten b) never ate c) have never ate d) have never eaten
6. How long ago…you….to Voronezh?
a) do, come b) were, coming c) have, come d) did, come
7. What a cute baby! How old ….you in this photo?
a) is b) was c) were d) did
8. So I …..10.000 rubles. Can I buy a video camera now?
a) has saved b) saved c) aw saving d) have saved
9. How long….he….in Voronezh?
a) is living b) has been living c) have been living d) has been lived
10. Have you ever been to Santa Barbara? – I ….last year.
a) have been b) was c) have gone d) was went
11. I ….to read when I was 4.
a) learnt b) learn c) have learnt d) has learnt
12. …..this film last night?
a) Do you see b) Did you see c) Have you seen d) Were you seeing
13. We………in the Academy for several month.
a) are studying b) have studying c) have been studying d) have been study
14. She has never been ….Paris.
a) to b) in c) at d) on
15. We ……..this exercise.
a) already have done b) have already done c) have done already d) have already did
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 22.214.171.124 (0.019 с.)