ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
PRESENT SIMPLE AND PROGRESSIVE.
1. АNSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS ACCORDING TO THE MODEL :
Model: What does a driver do? – He drives.
What do drivers do? – They drive.
1. What does a singer do? 2. What does a runner do? 3. What do students do? 4. What does a dancer do? 5. What do cooks do? 6. What does a painter do? 7. What do teachers do? 8. What does a typist do? 9. What do writers do? 10. What does a pilot do? 11. What do actors do? 12. What does a postman do? 13. What do musicians do? 14. What does a conductor do? 15. What does a receptionist do?
2. WRITE THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES IN THE 3RD PERSON SINGULAR:
1.I think I am ill. 2. They often visit their parents. 3. We live in Voronezh. 4. You usually speak too quickly. 5. Do you like chocolate? 6. Cats eat mice. 7. Sometimes we go to the cinema. 8. Our teachers of English are very good. 9. They work in the hospital. 10. Big engines make a lot of noise. 11. Women always spend much money on make-up. 12. Sometimes I read books in English. 13. We write final tests every term. 14. Englishmen usually drink tea with milk. 15. They seldom walk to work, they normally travel by bus.
3. WRITE THESE SENTENCES IN THE INTERROGATIVE AND NEGATIVE :
1. She understands this rule. 2. He usually has breakfast at 8 o’clock. 3. The lecture starts at 11.50. 4. Those houses look modern. 5. I often walk in the morning. 6. She remembers them well. 7. He plays chess very well. 8. She leaves home at 10 a.m. every day. 9. Students sometimes miss classes. 10. Concord flies very fast. 11. The train comes to London at 17.25. 12. Teachers know their subjects perfectly. 13. I enjoy watching historical films. 14. We always spend our holidays on the seaside. 15. Mother often cooks meal in our family.
4. PUT THE VERBS IN THE BRACKETS INTO CORRECT FORM :
1. I (live) in Lipetsk, which (be) my native town. 2. He (work) in this factory? 3. How many languages you (speak)? 4. My brother (know) everything about cars. 5. She (not use) make-up very often. 6. I (play) the guitar, but I (not play) it well. 7. How much coffee you (drink) a day? 8. The Sun (set) in the West. 9. She often (go) to work by tram? 10. He (study) at our Academy? 11. You often (visit) your granny? 12. We usually (not spend) much time for lunch. 13. They (meet) every day. 14. How she usually (celebrate) her birthday? 15. Who (teach) you English in the Academy?
5. CONTINUE IN THE NEGATIVE :
Example: Mother is talking on the phone. (sleep) She isn’t sleeping.
1. John is reading. (write)
2. Father is mending our car. (watch TV)
3. The boys are playing. (fight)
4. He are translating the text. (retell)
5. They are speaking. (shout)
6. Mary is running. (walk)
7. I am eating. (drink)
8. The teacher is explaining a new rule. (check our tests)
9. He is working this summer. (have a rest)
10. She is doing her homework. (listen to music)
11. I am hurrying to work. (go home)
12. Dad is smoking on the terrace. (read a newspaper)
13. Mother is washing up. (cook)
14. They are shopping. (clean the house)
15. We are skating. (ski)
6. ANSWER THE QUESTIONS USING THE WORDS IN BRACKETS :
Example: Are you drawing? (write a story) No, I am writing a story.
Is Greg busy now? (type a report) Yes, he is typing a report.
1. Is Susan busy now? (have breakfast) 2. Are you watching TV? (study) 3. There are you going? ( see the professor) 4. Is Holly busy today? (go to the library) 5. Are they busy after lunch? (stay at home) 6. Are you busy today? (shop) 7. Is she talking on the phone? (listen to the radio) 8. Is he working now? (relax) 9. Are they going to the cinema tonight? (visit their granny) 10. Are the Browns busy today? (have a holiday) 11. Why is she leaving so soon? (hurry to a concert) 12. What are you doing today? (attend lectures) 13. Is she traveling by train? (drive) 14. Is he busy after classes? (do his homework) 15. What are you doing here? (buy textbooks)
7. PUT THE VERB INTO THE CORRECT FORM :
1. Please be quiet. I (try) to sleep. 2. Sue wants to lose weight. She (not eat) sweets now. 3. We (not go) to school this week. We are on holiday. 4. Why you (wear) your best dress today? 5. Why you (look) at me like that? Am I green or something? 6. You (make) a lot of noise. Can you be quieter? 7. Can you hear? The child (cry) again. 8. The prices for food (rise) at the moment. 9. The weather (change) every moment: now cold, now hot. 10. Can you help me, please? I (look) for a phone box. 11. Look! It (rain) again! 12. My English (improve) slowly. 13. We (do) exercise 7 now and our teacher (listen) to us. 14. You (enjoy) your new job in the factory? 15. Where he (go) in the evening? – He (visit) his parents.
8. OPEN THE BRACKETS USING PRESENT SIMPLE OR PROGRESSIVE :
1. John often (stay) in a hotel when he (come) to town, but tonight he (stay) with us. 2. Modern trains (go) very fast. 3. “I must go now.”- “Where you (go)? 4. It (be) the early bird that (catch) the worm. 5. “Why you (laugh)?- Because you (talk) nonsense. 6. He (laugh) best, who (laugh) last. 7. Actions (speak) louder than words. 8. Vasya (speak) to the dean and they both (smile). 9. The students (be) in cafeteria. They (have) their lunch. 10. Where (be) Andrew?- He (smoke) on the terrace.- I (think) he (smoke) too much. 11. What (be) this music?- It (be) Ann. She (play) the piano. 12. Mike (come) tonight?- No, he (work) hard at present. – What he (do)? – He (study) for his exams. 13. Petya (make) at least ten spelling mistakes in every composition. 14. I always (go) to the seaside on holiday. 15. My brother (live) in Belgorod. And where your brother (live)? 16. That bag (not belong) to me. 17. Look! He (come). I (want) to speak to him. 18. You can take my pen, I (not need) it now. 19. I (not believe) you! 20. Usually I (enjoy) music, but I (not enjoy) this record very much. 21. She (work) in Voronezh, but unfortunately (not have) a place to live, so she (look) for something now. 22. He (not feel) well at the moment. He (cough) and (sneeze). 23. Mother always (help) her children. 24. I (know) it often (rain) in England. 25. How often you (visit) your grandparents? – I (visit) them every weekend, and, by the way, I (see) them tonight.
9. REACT TO THE QUESTIONS AFTER YOU READ SITUATIONS :
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-12-12; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 220.127.116.11 (0.007 с.)