Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
HE HAS TO GET UP EARLY EVERY MORNING. HIS FRIENDS DON'T HAVE TO GET UP EARLY. THEY DONT HAVE TO WEAR A BLUE UNIFORM. THEY DON’T HAVE TO GO TO BED AT 10, EITHER.
Where is Charles now? What are some of things he has to do? Why does he think his friends are so lucky?
4. Jill is going out with Bert Johnson. Her father thinks Bert is no good. A few days ago he told her "YOU MUSTN'T GO OUT WITH THAT FELLOW BERT ANY MORE!" Jill and Bert are in his sports car now. They are in front of Jill's house. "WE MUSTN’T MAKE ANY NOISE!" Jill says. "MY FATHER MUSTN’T FIND OUT WE'RE OUT HERE!"Why doesn't Jill want her father to know what she is doing? What exactly did he say to her a few days ago? Where is Jill now? What does she say to Bert?
B) MAKING SENTENCES WITH "Shall... ?”
1. Two men are trying to push a car. They are finding it very difficult.
2. Your friend cannot do a problem. You already know the answer.
3. You and some other people are sitting inside on a rainy day. You
4. You and your friend are hungry. There is a Greek restaurant
5. Robert and his girlfriend want to go out. He knows there is a good
C) MAKING SENTENCES WITH EITHER mustn'tOR don't/
1. Richard always got to work late in his old job. Tomorrow is the first day in his new one. What does his wife say to him? 2. Paula usually has to get up very early but tomorrow is a holiday. Why is she so happy? 3. Jill and Bert are in the front room of her house. Her father is asleep upstairs. What does Jill say when she sees Bert is going to turn the radio on? 4. An old man is shouting at you. He isn't angry but he thinks you are deaf, too. What do you say to him? 5. Jill's mother knows she was out with Bert yesterday but hasn't told her father yet. What does Jill say to her? 6. Mr. Collins often travels abroad. Why does he always take non-iron shirts with him? 7. Tony is on a diet because he weighs too much. His doctor said "No potatoes, no sweets and no beer!" How else can you say this?
16. A) IMAGINE THAT YOU ARE A TEACHER. Give instructions to the group, (doctor/ nurse, boss/ charwoman, charwoman/ boss, headmaster/ teacher)
B) SUGGEST DOING SOMETHING :
1. The weather is fine. 2. I'm going to fail the exam. 3. We've received some extra money. 4. Summer holidays are coming. 5. I am hungry/ thirsty/ angry.
C) MAKE REQUESTS:
1. There is no bread at home. 2. You're short of time. Your friend has a car. 3. Your bag is very heavy. Your friend is passing by. 4. You can't open the bottle. 5. You want to leave a telephone message. 6. It's stuffy in the room. 7.You've written a letter to your friend in London. A person you know well is going there.
D) SUPPOSE YOU ARE A PARENT.
1. Forbid your children to do what you think is dangerous. Use the
road, strangers, meals, money, classroom, household chores
2. Say that something is not important. Use the following:
E) DO YOU OFTEN HAVE TO ASK YOUR PARENTS/
17. CHOOSE THE CORRECT VARIANT:
1. My father says I … go to the party.
a) shall b) may c) had to d) was able to
2.1 really …. do some work tonight, but I feel too tired.
a) have b) mustn't c) must d) shouldn't
3….you pass the butter, please?
a) May b) Could c) Need d) Shall
4….I use your phone?
a) Would b) Will c) Should d) May
5. I don't have enough money to take the bus, so I … walk home.
a) must b) need c) should d) have to
6. Johnny, you….play with knives!
a) can't b) mustn't c) needn't d) will not
7. The students…answer the questions in any order they like.
8. You…take a taxi if you intend to catch the next train.
9.A good 1500-metre runner…run the race in four minutes.
10. For days the rescuers looked for the lost climbers in the snow. On
a) can b) could c) must d) were able to
11. Our teacher says we…speak English fluently in a few months.
a) can b) will able to c) are able to d) will be able to
12. I've been trying for hours, but still I…get through on the phone.
a) can b) can't to c) haven't been able to d) haven't able to
13. Shall I call the police? - …. .
a) Yes, you shall, b) Yes, you will. c) Do, please, d) No, you shan't.
14. Your handwriting …clear, or no one will be able to read it.
a) can't be b) must c) must be d) mustn't be
15. You…a nuisance when you're a guest in someone's house.
16. …you smell something burning?
a) Are b)Will c) Could d) Can
17. I'm practicing hard because I want to…my driving test first time.
a) must b) can c) have to d) be able to
18. It took a long time, but finally Tom…save enough to buy a car .
a) can b) could c) was able to d) didn't have
19. You…wait. It's not necessary.
a) must b) mustn't c) can d) needn't
20. He's strong enough. He …lift 25 kg.
a)must b) can c) has d) should
THE PASSIVE VOICE.
1. OPEN THE BRACKETS, USING :
A) PRESENT SIMPLE PASSIVE:
1. The shop (open) at 6a.m. every day. 2. The room always (clean) by me. 3. This programme (watch) by millions of people. 4. Most of the cars from this factory (export). 5. This road (not use) very often. 6. Service (include) in the bill. 7. Money (change) in the bank. 8. Hair (cut) at the hairdresser’s. 9. Films (show) at the cinema. 10. Bread (sell) at the baker’s.
B) PAST SIMPLE PASSIVE:
1. The first book (print) in Germany. 2. John F. Kennedy (kill) in Dallas. 3. The Eiffel Tower (build) in1889. 4. Australia (discover) in the 17th century. 5. Uranium (discover) in 1798. 6. All flights (cancel) because of fog. 7. I (accuse) of stealing the money. 8. My bag (steal) in the shop yesterday. 9. Twenty people (arrest) at the demonstration last night. 10. Military service (abolish) in Britain.
C) FUTURE SIMPLE PASSIVE:
1. Kate (meet) by me tomorrow. 2. I (ask) many questions at the exam. 3. The house (sell) next week. 4. We (give) a lot of hometask tomorrow. 5. This book (publish) next month. 6. His new film (stage) in the near future. 7. The flowers (water) in the morning. 8. The car (buy) by him next weekend. 9. This exam surely (pass) by us. 10. The competition (win) by her, I think.
D) PRESENT PROGRESSIVE PASSIVE:
1. A new ring-road (build) round the city. 2. My room (repair) now. 3. His car (mend) at the garage. 4. Our house (paint) white. 5. Exercise 1 (write) at the moment. 6. The exams (take) by the students now. 7. The party dinner (cook). I can smell it now. 8. The place of crime (examine) now by the police. 9. A very interesting book (read) by me now. 10. Kelly’s office (redecorate) at the moment.
E) PAST PROGRESSIVE PASSIVE:
1. I didn’t realize that our conversation (record). 2. He didn’t use his car yesterday. It (service). 3. Our homework (do) all evening yesterday. 4. The house (redecorate) for all last month. 5. The room (clean) when I arrived. 6. We (follow) by a very strange person. 7. My watch (fix) for the whole last week. 8. This new film (make) for about a year. 9. The test (write) by us for the whole lesson. 10. They were exhausted, because they (ask) at the exam for about two hours.
F) PRESENT PERFECT PASSIVE:
1. Three men (arrest) by the police. 2. The date of meeting (change). 3. My favourite vase (break) by Fedya. 4. My bicycle (steal) near the shop. 5. They disappeared six month ago and (not see) since then. 6. The room (paint) since I was last there. 7. Lots of new things (discover) recently. 8. The work just (finish). 9. A new cinema (build) near my house this year. 10. All necessary book (read) by me before my examinations.
G) PAST PERFECT PASSIVE:
1. A tree was lying across the road. It (blow) down in the storm. 2. Tom told me that he (attack) and (rob) in the street last night. 3. The room looked nice. It (clean). 4. The vegetables didn’t taste very good. They (cook) for too long. 5. The car was three years old, but it (use) not much. 6. Did you go to the party? – No, I (not invite). 7. When we got to the stadium we found that the match (cancel). 8. Everything (do) before I came. 9. Who told you that the house (sell) already? 10. A lot of letters (send), but there still was no answer.
H) FUTURE PERFECT PASSIVE:
1. The book (return) to the library by the end of the week. 2. The documents (sent) to you by tomorrow. 3. The examination results (know) by Monday. 4. Everything (do) by the time you return. 5. The test (write) by the end of the lesson. 6. The work (finish) by next month. 7. A new house (build) by next year. 8. The old car (change) for a new one by the end of the month. 9. I (give) a lot of presents by the end of my birthday party. 10. Our tests (check) by tomorrow.
I) INFINITIVE PASSIVE :
1. If something is washable, it can (wash). 2. Something must (do) before it’s too late. 3. A decision will not (make) until the next meeting. 4. A new supermarket is going (build) next year. 5. The room should (clean) yesterday. 6. I haven’t received the letter. It might (send) to the wrong address. 7. This road is in very bad condition. It should (repair) a long time ago. 8. If something is unusable, it can’t (use). 9. I told the hotel receptionist that I wanted (wake up) at 6.30.a.m. 10. Please go away. I want (leave) alone.
2. MAKE THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES NEGATIVE. THEN GIVE THE RIGHT INFORMATION.
Example: President Kennedy was killed in Denver.
President Kennedy wasn’t killed in Denver. He was killed in Dallas.
1. Paper is made from plastic. 2. Coffee is grown in Scotland. 3. “Sunflowers” was painted by Renoir. 4. Walkman cassette players were developed by the Russians. 5. The Berlin Wall was knocked down in 1982. 6. The 2000 Olympic games were held in Salt Lake City. 7. Rolls-Royce cars are made in Japan. 8. Coca-Cola has been produced for over two hundred years. 9. Mount Everest was climbed for the first in 1957. 10. The motor car was invented in1903. 11. Christopher Columbus was born in Spain. 12. The Europe Football Championship in 2004 was won by Portugal. 13. Saint Petersburg was renamed only once. 14. A new beautiful Cathedral is being built in Petrovsky Square in Voronezh. 15. The Egyptian pyramid can be moved by a single man.
3. MAKE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE INFORMATION IN ITALICS:
Example: This violin was made in 1720.
When was the violin made?
1. The Houses of Parliament were built in the 19th century. 2. Twenty people were hurt in the train crash. 3. Champagne is produced in France. 4. This jumper has been washed twice and it has shrunk. 5. She was fined twenty hundred pounds for speeding. 6. School teachers in Britain are paid about 15 thousand pounds a year. 7. Our post is delivered twice a week. 8. Three teenagers were given an award for bravery yesterday. 9. My old car is being mended at the moment. 10. “Red Hot Chili Peppers” are well known in Europe. 11. My report will have been finished by the evening. 12. You will be met by Mary. 13. The house was being cleaned all the evening yesterday. 14. He was killed with the knife. 15. Chinese food is eaten with special sticks.
4. OPEN THE BRACKETS, USING PASSIVE. THEN TRANSLATE THE TEXT AND WRITE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ITALICIZED PHRASES:
Electricity is a wonderful sort of energy. It (use) to light streets and houses, to power machinery, trams and trains, and to heat rooms. The telegraph and telephone both depend upon electricity.
Electricity (not make), but (collect), it (generate). The place where it (generate) is called the generating station. The dynamos (drive) by coal or petroleum, or by water power. Falling water supplies the energy which drives the dynamos in many generating stations. Some physicists think that the power of wind also (use) widely as a source of energy one day.
Our ancestors lit their homes by means of candles and oil-lamps. Later the use of gas (introduce). Today powerful lights illuminate not only our houses but also the streets of our cities, towns and villages. Nights (turn) into day.
5. PUT THE SENTENCES INTO THE PASSIVE VOICE WHERE POSSIBLE:
1. Someone will drive you to the airport. 2. Goldfish live in fresh water. 3. The Egyptians built pyramids. 4. We walked 4 miles yesterday. 5. The secretary will mail these letters tomorrow. 6. Someone must wash those dishes right away. 7. The factory produced 5,000 cars every day last year. 8. People drink a lot of tea in England. 9. They sell medicine here. 10. You must return these boors within a fortnight. 11. They arrived at 7 last night. 12. Kate is coking dinner now. 13. They informed me about it. 14. I slept till 8 a.m.15. It’s raining. 16. You should obey the rules. 17. You can buy TV sets everywhere now. 18. They hold a meeting once a week. 19. I owe a lot of money to the bank. 20. He shut the window. 21. I will have finished this work by Friday. 22. She was playing a beautiful melody. 23. They have postponed the concert. 24. Water covers most of the Earth’s surface. 25. While I was on holiday, my camera disappeared from my hotel room. 26. Where did you take these photos? 27. Ron’s parents die when he was young. 28. Laura didn’t invite me to the party. 29. Everybody admires Mary. 30. His colleagues give him a present when he retired.
6. A) USE PASSIVE VOICE IN THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES :
Example: They have closed the window. – The window has been closed.
1. Everyone knows this fact very well. 2. They opened the theater only last month. 3. People will soon forget it. 4. You must write the answers in ink. 5. Someone has taken two of my books. 6. We have already filled the vacancy. 7. They can mend this radio. 8. Someone was photographing them at ten p.m. 9. They polish the car every month. 10. Did they say anything interesting? 11. I don’t think anyone can do this. 12. They are cleaning their room. 13. You must finish the work by 7 p.m. 14. They are now manufacturing a new type of transistor in Japan. 15. Have you made all necessary things? 16. Does someone tidy the office regularly? 17. The police kept the man in custody. 18. We will execute all orders promptly. 19. No one had said anything about it. 20. I will have return the papers by tomorrow. 21. Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today. 22. Did anyone catch the thief? 23. That girl attracted my attention. 24. We are wasting hundreds of tons of water a day. 25. The police has arrested the criminal.
B) TRANSFORM THE SENTENCES INTO PASSIVE WITH THE HELP OF prep. “by”
1. God (or Nature) formed man for society. (Sir William Blackstone). 2. People always suspect, and usually oppose new opinions. (John Locke) 3. People often tell the cruelest lie in silence. (R.L. Stivenson) 4. One does not snare the old fox easily. (Proverb) 5. Sir Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin. 6. People did not built Rome in a day. 7. Doctors do not mean people to live on medicine. (Proverb) 8. Man is ruining his environment by his own carelessness. (Julian Huxley) 9. In a nuclear power station they use a nuclear reactor to provide heat. 10. There is a danger that in the fight against starvation we will exhaust the land. 11. The factory workers will like improved conditions of work. 12. People can’t hear the radio outside the room. 13. Is the mechanic repairing Bill’s car? 14. They won’t have finished the new road by the end of the week. 15. James Watt invented the steam-engine. 16. Will man conquer space? 17. An architect didn’t design this house. 18. They weren’t painting the fence at 8 a.m. 19. We haven’t invited Fred to the party yet. 20. You must shake this bottle of medicine.
7. CHANGE THE SENTENCES INTO ACTIVE VOICE :
1. My car was damaged yesterday. Now it is being serviced in the garage. 2. Tests are written by us every term. 3. This work can be done by anyone very easily. 4. You will be met by Kate tomorrow at the station. 5. His speech was being recorded. 6. When I came home, the dinner had been already cooked. 7. A lot of new thing were shown to us at this exhibition. 8. Everything has already been done. 9. My report will have been finished by 4 p.m. 10. 1,000 000 dollars was stolen from the bank. 11. This call should be made today. 12. Coca-Cola is drunk all over the world. 13. They had been informed about it before we learned. 14. This book has been read by me several times. 15. This question will certainly be asked at the exam.
8. WITH THE HELP OF THESE NOTICES MAKE TWO SENTENCES, ONE IN THE PASSIVE AND ONE IN THE ACTIVE:
Example: NO SMOKING!
PV: Smoking is forbidden here.
AV: They don’t allow smoking here.
GERMAN AND FRENCH SPOKEN
PART-TIME ASSISTANT WANTED
GOLD BOUGHT AND SOLD
CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED
CHINESE FOOD SERVED
NO DOGS ALLOWED
9. REWRITE THESE SENTENSES. INSTEAD OF they / people / somebody USE PASSIVE :
1. Somebody cleans the room every day. (The room is cleanedevery day.) 2. They’ve opened a new restaurant here this year. 3. They cancelled the meeting yesterday. 4. People don’t use this way very often. 5. How do people learn languages? 6. People advised us not to out alone. 7. They have agreed upon the plan. 8. They will discuss your report next week. 9. They will have solved this problem by the end of the day. 10. Somebody is playing Mozart next door. 11. They should do something right now. 12. Somebody had done it long before you did. 13. They must have finished the project yesterday. 14. They were showing a very nice game yesterday. 15. Anyone can do this quite easily. 16. Somebody is using computer at the moment. 17. When I got to the concert hall, I found that they had postponed the concert. 18. They are building a new ring road round the city. 19. Somebody called the police. 20. People should eat more fruit and vegetables.
10. REWRITE THE SENTENCES, BEGINNING IN THE WAY SHOWN
1. They didn’t give me the money. ( I wasn’t given the money.)
2. They asked me difficult questions at the exam. ( I………… )
3. Nobody told me that Diane was ill. ( I………………………)
4. How much will they pay you? ( How much…you…………?)
5. I think they should have offered Tom the job. ( I think Tom….)
6. They didn’t ask me my name. ( I………...…………………..)
7. They never tell her the truth. ( She……………..……………)
8. We’ll send them the documents tomorrow. ( They…….……)
9. We have already forgiven him. ( He………...……………….)
10. They envied Sandra all their life. ( Sandra……………..…..)
11. People like and respect you. ( You…………………..……..)
12. They explained to the students a new rule. (The students….)
13. People thanked me heartily. ( I…………….……………….)
14. Jane’s colleagues gave her a present. ( Jane…………….….)
15. They had invited me to the party, but I couldn’t go. ( I….…)
16. A guide will show the tourists many places. ( The tourists……)
17. The teacher didn’t give us enough time. (We……………....)
18. They haven’t taught the boy good manners. (The boy……..)
19. They praise him much. (He……………...…………………)
20. Someone told us very funny story yesterday. ( We………...)
11. OPEN THE BRACKETS, PAYING ATTENTION TO THE VERB TENSE AND PASSIVE FORMS:
1. Application forms should (return) by 14 December. 2. "The Beatles" (know) all over the world. 3. Five people (kill) in the accident yesterday. 4. Test (write) now. 5. Zaporozhets cars (produce) in Ukraine. 6. I (not tell) about it, so I couldn't do anything.7. Everything (do) already. 8. Good food (sell) in the local market. 9. Lost children (find) by the police 2 days ago. 10. Two new stores (open) this year. 11. I (offer) a well-paid job last week. 12. This picture (paint) by Rafael. 13. It turned out, that he (poison) by his girl-friend. 14. The cakes for the coming party (cook) at the moment. 15. The documents (send) to you tomorrow. 16. The telephone (disconnect) yesterday. 17. That diamond (buy) for 1,000,000$ at the auction last weekend. 18. The gate (lock) at 6 o’clock every night. 19. My room (redecorate) at the moment. 20. Who this job (do) by? 21. The expensive pictures (steal) from the museum. 22. The thief (arrest). 23. She (give) a lot of presents for her last birthday. 24. Our key (lose) that night. 25. Such results (not expect). 26. Dictionaries may not (use) at the examination. 27. Why the car (not lock) and (put) into the garage? 28. Bicycles must not (leave) in the hall. 29. The living-room (sweep), (mope) and (dust). It’s clean now. 30. Thousands of new houses (build) every year. 31. The tea (sweeten) before I put sugar into it. 32. She looked a different girl. Her face (wash), her hair (comb). 33. You can’t go in. She (interview) for the TV. 34. A new metro line (reconstruct) now. One of its stations (build) in our street soon. 35. The place looked wonderful. Everything (prepare) for the ball. 36. If he comes in, you (find) looking through his papers. 37. The children are very excited this morning. They (take) to the circus in the afternoon. 38. Normally this street (clean) every day, but it (not clean) yesterday. 39. I had an unpleasant feeling that I (watch). 40. Corn (use) by many peoples of the world to make bread. 41. The letter (bring) recently. 42. The envelope just (find) on my desk. 43. When Tom was young, he (teach) two languages. 44. The houses (make) of stone, brick and wood. 45. A special rule (make) for students to be taken in the Academy. 46. Last Friday he (meet) at the railway station. 47. Such mistakes (make) even by the best students. 49. The timetable (change) in a week. 50. Everything (do) by tomorrow morning.
12. PUT THE VERB IN THE CORRECT FORM, ACTIVE OR PASSIVE 1. I (see) an accident last night. Somebody (call) an ambulance, but nobody (injure), so the ambulance (not need). 2. I was born in London, but I (grow) up in the north of England. 3. Cheese (make) from milk. 4. The company is not independent. It (own) by a much larger company. 5. While I was in the shop, my car (disappear). 6. Water (cover) most of the Earth’s surface. 7. Mary’s parents (die) when she was 7. She and her brother (bring) up by their grandparents. 8. Why Kate (leave) her job? Didn’t she enjoy it? 9. Why Tom (sack) from the factory? What did he do wrong? 10. When these photos (take)? On holidays? You (take) them? 11. The boat (sink) quickly but fortunately everybody (save). 12. The letter (post) a week ago and it (arrive) yesterday. 13. Originally the book (write) in Spanish but a few years ago it (translate) into several languages. 14. You (invite) to the wedding. Why didn’t you go? 15. The park gates (lock) at 6 p.m. every evening. 16. It’s a big factory. Five hundred people (employ) here. 17. In Russia, elections for President (hold) every four years. 18. I already (watch) this film. 19. Many accidents (cause) by dangerous driving. 20. A cinema is a place where films (show). 21. The roof of the building (damage) in the storm a few days ago. 22. We were driving along quite fast but we (overtake) by lots of other cars. 23. What silver (use) for? 24. When television (invent)? 25. When Australia (discover)? 26. How glass (make)? 27. The experiments (take) during all last year. 28. My decision just (make). 29. Mother often (prepare) something tasty. A delicious dinner (cook) at the moment. 30. You must (do) your best to get a five. 31. The last attempt (take) tomorrow. 32. Everything (do) by Saturday. 33. This shop (not close) during the night. 34. Unbreakable things can’t (break). 35. We (write) exercise ten at the moment. 36. Petrol prices (increase) recently. 37. If somewhere smoking (not permit), you can’t (smoke) there. 38. Computers now can (buy) anywhere, and almost everybody can (use) it. 39. The battle (fight) in 1623. 40. New employees (welcome) by the manager. 41. Teachers may (offer) apartments in the college. 42. The car (sell) to pay the debts. 43. The meeting (hold) every Monday. 44. The windows (clean) while I was there. 45. All the documents (sign) before I arrived. 46. When we arrived home, we found that everything (eat). We thought that Vasya (do) it. 47. This jacket (make) in China. 48. The old town theatre currently (rebuild). 49. Competition! 5000 prizes can (win)! 50. It turned out, that the phone bill (not pay).
13. CORRECT THE MISTAKES IF ANY :
1. We was woken up by a loud noise at night. 2. Our car cleans every weekend. 3. He was killed by a knife. 4. The books will be send to you as soon as possible. 5. How beer is made? 6. The classrooms are being cleaned every day. 7. Richard Gere liked by a lot of women. 8. They say, that cooked frogs adore by French. 9. When I saw the vase, it was already broken. 10. The results will be known by everybody by next week. 11. My grandfather was built this house in 1923. 12. Haven’t the letter been sent yet? 13. The dinner has being prepared, darling. 14. Walt Disney was borned in 1901. 15. Smoking not permitted anywhere on this station. 16. I was gave many presents for my last birthday. 17. This fruit is edible, so it can eaten. 18. A new hospital is built near my house now. 19. Is it true that Mr. Johnes had been arrested yesterday? 20. Jobs are still lost at our factory at the moment. 21. Have you been hurt badly? – Yes, I was. 22. How often your post delivered is? 23. I have been never seen that man before. 24. All his money were lost in casinos. 25. The Technological Academy was found by outstanding scientists 75 years ago. 26. For the doctor was sent. 27. My room is always cleaned by myself. 28. People advised me not to do it. 29. I never listened for. 30. When was the telephone invented?
14. RESTORE THE SENTENCES :
1. made / by? 2. sushi / adored / Chinese 3. liked / lot/ men 4. the / written / yesterday 5. being /moment 6. when /she / the / been 7. were /left /at 8. isn’t / cleaned / now 9. was / hurt/ in 10. the / doctor / sent / for 11. told / about 12. was /being/all 13. known /over /the 14. my / lost 15. who / helped /by?16. been/ recently17. that / had / been 18. will/ done / next 19. were / paid / to 20. are/ never/ by
15. REACT :
1. What marks were received by you at school? 2. Can the next exercise be done for a minute? 3. How many exercises have already been done? 4. Who are you taught English at the Academy by? 5. Is anything new being built in Voronezh now? 6. How long was your homework being done yesterday? 7. Will all your exams have been passed by the end of the term? 8. Are you respected in your group? 9. Have you ever been robbed? Whom by? 10. Have you ever been given a very expensive present? What was it? 11. Will you be marked as the best student of your group this year? 12. Is the meal cooked by you in your family? 13. Have you been paid for any work? What for? 14. What to your mind can’t be forgiven? 15. Whose jokes in your group are always laughed at? 16. Who were you advised by to enter the Technological Academy? 17. Was the previous task done by you without mistakes? 18. Who is sent for when you are ill? 19. Is our Academy equipped with computer classes? 20. Has your house been redecorated recently? 21. What must be done with a bad tooth? 22. What should be done with the dirty plates after meal? 23. What may happen to a man who has committed his first offence? 24. What happens to traffic in a traffic jam? 25. What may have happened if you can’t find your purse?
16. TRANSLATE THE TEXT INTO RUSSIAN :
Three new breath-test machines are being tried out by the police. But one has been found to have a fault. A very big fault. It gets drunk. The guilty machine is a mini computer. A driver blows into it and straight away the driver’s alcohol level is printed on a screen.
But the machine being tried out in Smethwick has been hiccupping the wrong figures. Police took it into custody, and found it was too keen on the smell of alcohol. Each time it was “topped up” by the machine. This meant an innocent driver could be accused of being over the legal limit.
Fortunately the machines have only been used for practice. No driver has been wrongly convicted. Experts are now trying to find a cure for the tipsy machine. The machines are being tested for three months. Then the best of them will be used by the police all over Britain. The need for separate blood and urine tests will be cut out. This will make them cheaper to use.
17. TRANSLATE THE SENTENCES INTO ENGLISH :
A) GIVING TWO VARIANTS, PASSIVE AND ACTIVE :
1. Он сказал, что уже работал над этой темой. 2. Не я ее бросил, а она меня. 3. Я делал домашнее задание весь вечер. 4. В данный момент мы переводим предложения. 5. Английский посещают все студенты. 6. Все без ума от Мэри. 7. Три миллиона долларов было украдено из банка. 8. Кто приготовил это ужасное блюдо? 9. ВГТА основана в 1927 году. 10. Ты разбил мою любимую вазу?!?! 11. Вы читали “ Преступление и наказание” Достоевского? 12. Этот магазин открывается в 6 утра. 13. Где ты это взял? 14. Письмо должно быть отправлено на следующей неделе. 15. Дэвид Копперфильд известен во всем мире. 16. К моему приходу все уже было сделано. 17. Документы следует вернуть к понедельнику. 18. Тогда как раз строилась школа. 19. Детей часто водят в зоопарк. 20. Когда я вернусь домой, мои вещи будут уже запакованы. 21. Этот мост ещё строится. Он строился, когда я его увидел в первый раз. 22. Наши тесты проверяет преподаватель. 23. Этот учебник продаётся во многих магазинах. 24. Он сделает доклад завтра. 25. Я уже написал сочинение. 26. Этот театр был спроектирован знаменитым архитектором. 27. Глинка создал оперу “Иван Сусанин.”28. Аренда будет оплачена на следующей неделе. 29. Его сбила машина прошлой ночью. 30. Где обычно хранятся деньги?
B) 1. Его скоро простили. 2. Меня не спрашивали. 3. Этот вопрос не задавали. 4. Его ошибка была забыта. 5. Её отсутствие можно было извинить. 6. Тебя могут спросить. 7. Им продиктовали задание. 8. Студентам объяснили новое правило. 9. Мне посоветовали больше гулять. 10. Нас поблагодарили. 11. Её уважают и любят в группе. 12. Нам никто не завидует. 13. Мне об этом не рассказывали. 14. Зимой свет зажигают рано. 15. Компьютер починят к завтрашнему дню. 16. Вам помогут разобраться. 17. В последнее время выпускают много низкопробных фильмов. 18. Ей пообещали хорошую работу. 19. Ему дали новое задание. 20. Мне показали, как это делается. 21. Никаких объяснений мне не дали. 22. Вам предложили что-нибудь поесть? 23. Тебе покажут этот прибор. 24. Ей дадут квартиру в этом доме. 25. Каждому студенту дадут стипендию. 26. Им даётся час на обед. 27. Нас провели в зал и предложили хорошие места. 28. Мне предложили кофе. 29. Не беспокойся, ей помогут. 30. Вам принесут этот журнал через два часа.
С) 1. За такси уже послали. 2. Почему над ней всегда смеются? 3. О ней всегда много говорят. 4. Его никогда не слушали. 5. За садом всегда прекрасный уход. 6. Об этом случае будут ещё долго говорить. 7. На эти факты нельзя положиться. 8. На нас никто не смотрел. 9. Тему доклада не продумали как следует. 10. На шум не обращали внимания. 11. На него можно рассчитывать? 12. Тебя искали весь день. 13. С ней надо согласиться. 14. Эта книга уже обработана. 15. На эту статью часто ссылаются. 16. О них много пишут в прессе. 17. Меня рассматривали, как Эйфелеву Башню. 18. Тебя проводили на вокзал? 19. На него нельзя положиться в трудный момент. 20. Откуда это взялось? 21. На какие источники вы ссылаетесь? 22. Где Вася? – Его ищут. 23. Его слушали с большим вниманием. 24. Об этом случае много говорят в Академии. 25. О ней заботятся её друзья.
18. CHOOSE THE CORRECT VARIANT :
1. A lot of films…….by Steven Spilberg.
a) was made b) were made c) have been made d) have been maked
2. These photos…….when we were on holidays.
a) are taken b) were took c) were taken d) have been taken
3. Hamburgers…….all over the world.
a) are eaten b) eaten c) eat d) is eaten
4. The letter you are waiting for……..by the weekend.
a) will come b) will have come c) will be come d) will have been come
5. My car…….. in the garage at the moment.
a) is being mended b) is mending c) is mended d) is being mend
6. Many people……. in this factory.
a) employed b) are employed c) are being employed d) are worked
7. The job was very difficult. It……..for a long time.
a) did b) was done c) was doing d) was being done
8. I ……..my room since morning.
a) am cleaning b) have been cleaning c) is being cleaned d) has been being cleaned
9. The Russian Revolution……..in 1917.
a) happened b) was happened c) has happened d) has been happened
10. A new thriller ………in “Spartak” now.
a) shown b) is being shown c) is shown d) shows
11. I wasn’t……..the truth.
a) told b) being told c) tell d) known
12. Milk…….. for making cream.
a) use b) used c) is used d) is being used
13. The roof of our house……..yesterday in the storm.
a) was damage b) were damaged c) was being damaged d) was damaged
14. I’m always…….. good presents for my birthday.
a) give b) given c) gives d) gave
15. You’ll…….by our special agent.
a) meet b) met c) been met d) be met
16. I noticed that something……….since last.
a) changed b) had changed c) has changed d) was changed
17. Don’t you see? We……….. .
a) are followed b) is being followed c) are being followed d) are being follow
18. Everything………before I came.
a) was done b) had been done c) had done d) has been done
19. Are you going to the party? – No, I………. .
a) haven’t invited b) have invited c) have been invited d) haven’t been invited
20. Please go away. I want……….alone.
a) to be left b) being left c) be left d) been left
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 188.8.131.52 (0.048 с.)