ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Person you father mother sister / brother friend pet
Report the results to your partner :
Example: I was happy because I had passed my exam.
12. TRANSLATE FROM RUSSIAN INTO ENGLISH :
1. Он потерял все деньги, которые я ему занял. 2. Я так устала, потому что все утро готовила обед на всю семью. 3. Когда я нашел их дом, уже стемнело. 4. Они сказали, что приехали сюда на поезде. 5. На лестнице стояли гости, которых она не приглашала. 6. Я получил плохую оценку на экзамене, потому что сделал много ошибок. 7. Когда она пришла, мы уже обсудили первый вопрос. 8. Он путешествовал уже два дня, но выглядел свежим и не чувствовал усталости. 9. Деревца, которые отец посадил, когда я была ещё ребёнком, стали большими и высокими. 10. Буря утихла, небо прояснилось, и опять светило солнце. 11. На старой даме было бархатное платье, которое не видело света двадцать лет. 12. Он только что уехал из дома, когда я позвонил. 13. Студенты не легли спать, пока не подготовили КСЧ. 14. Он не помнил её имени и не помнил, чтобы встречал её когда-либо раньше. 15. Нас кто-то преследовал, пока мы шли в институт. 16. Это был Вася, который проспал. 17. Преподаватель разозлился, когда узнал, что мы не сделали домашнюю работу. 18. Мы ведь не могли ему сказать, что весь день были очень заняты – праздновали мой день рождения. 19. Он ругал нас минут двадцать, а потом, конечно, простил. 20. В наказание он дал нам 20 предложений на перевод, что мы и делали все оставшееся время.
13. CHOOSE THE CORRECT VARIANT :
1. When I came home, Mother…….for an hour.
a) cooked b) was cooking c) was going to cook d) had been cooking
2. The match…….when the rain began.
a) was beginning b) had ended c) had been ended d) had been ending
3. The child didn’t tell what……… .
a) was happened b) happened c) had happened d) is happening
4. She was angry. She said she……..long.
a) had been waiting b) was waiting c) waited d) had waited for
5. a) Everybody said she had killed herself.
b) Everybody said she killed herself.
c) Everybody said she has killed herself.
d) Everybody said she had killed himself.
6. a) He stopped speaking when he saw me.
b) He stopped speaking when he had saw me.
c) He stopped to speak when see me.
d) He stopped speaking when he has seen me.
7. The guests…….when I said that.
a) walked out b) have walked out c) was walking out d) angried
8. By that time the criminal…….in a fast car.
a) was driving b) had driven c) had been driving d) drove
9. They were late. When they got there the play…….. .
a) started b) had been starting c) hadn’t started d) had started
10. How long …he…the car when you phoned?
a) repaired b) had repaired c) had repairing d) had been repairing
11. When I met him, he…..in the bank since we……. .
a) was working, parted b) had been working, parted
c) had worked, had parted d) had been working, had parted
12. When I arrived there, it……since Monday.
a) has rained b) has been raining c) was raining d) had been raining
13. We asked where he…….. .
a) was b) had been c) has been d) is
14. a) There was no money there. Somebody had stole it.
b) There were no money there. Somebody had stolen them.
c) There was no money there. Somebody had stolen it.
d) There was no money there. Somebody has stolen it.
15. When I came home, I …..straight to bed.
a) had gone b) went c) was going d) had been going
1. PUT THE VERB IN BRACKETS INTO FUTURE SIMPLE :
1. He (be) here soon. 2. The report (be) ready tomorrow. 3. I (know) the results in a day. 4. They (remember) you well. 5. When he comes, I (apologize) to him. 6. I (see) you soon, I hope. 7. She (recognize) his pictures anywhere. 8. Are you coming with us? - No, I think I (stay) here. 9. I’m too tired to go on foot. I (get) a taxi. 10. Can I help you? – No, I (do) everything myself. 11. Don’t we have any milk? Then I (go) and get some. 12. Have a nice holiday! – Thanks. We (send) you a postcard. 13. I don’t know how to use this computer. – OK, I (show) you. 14. I (give) you back your camera on Monday, OK? 15. It’s cold here. – Is it? I (turn) on the heating then. 16. Would you like tea or coffee? – We (have) coffee, please. 17. She (come) back in a month, I think. 18. May be we (visit) London next year. 19. I suppose, I (pass) my exams successfully. 20. He hopes, he (buy) a new house next summer.
2. TRANSFORM THE FOLLOWING SENTENSES INTO QUESTIONS AND NEGATIVES :
1. He will help me, I’m sure. 2. We will probably go to Paris next summer. 3. I‘ll have some tea, I think. 4. She thinks she’ll get a 5 for the test. 5. I’ll close the window if you are cold. 6. I promise I’ll do everything for you. 7. He’ll buy all the food for the party, don’t worry. 8. Probably she will write to us some day. 9. They will come back soon, I’m sure. 10. I will be angry if you do this again. 11. He will forget about it for sure. 12. She’ll type your article tomorrow, don’t worry. 13. Perhaps he will meet me at the station. 14. I think I will arrive in two days. 15. Maybe we will take children to the soon at the weekend.
3. OPEN THE BRACKETS, USING FUTURE SIMPLE OR PRESENT SIMPLE :
1. As soon as I (see) him, I (tell) him everything. 2. If they (get) here on time, we (do) it. 3. I (give) you his phone number before you (leave). 4. If you (feel) better tomorrow, we (drive) to the coast. 5. Don’t smile if you (look) at them. 6. You (miss) me while I (be) away? 7. Give her this message when you (meet) her. 8. He doesn’t say when he (come) back. 9. I wonder when they (call) us. 10. She (be) at your office at 12 tomorrow. 11. Go straight till you (come) to a shop, then turn left and you (find) what you need. 12. What you (do) after you (leave)? – I (return) home and (get) a job. 13. Tom (be) at the meeting tomorrow? – No, he (be not). 14. I’m going home. After I (eat) lunch, I (take) a nap. 15. The seasons are predictable. For example, when spring (come), the weather (get) warmer. 16. It will stop raining soon. As soon as the rain (stop), I (go) for a walk. 17. If it (rain) tomorrow, we (not go) to the country. 18. If she (be) late again, they (be) very angry. 19. When you (start) learning English? 20. Next year I (be) 18. When I (be) this age, I (be) really old. Maybe I (have) a big party this day. 21. If you (not take) a taxi, you (miss) the train. 22. Right now it is winter. I’m tired of cold weather, but spring (come) soon. 23. I don’t remember when they (arrive). 24. When autumn (come), we (become) 2-year students. 25. If we (prepare) well for our exams, we (get) good marks. 26. Tomorrow (be) New Year’s Day. 27. The plane (take) off tomorrow at 6 a.m., as usual. 28. What time (begin) the lecture? 29. When you (want) to see me, (visit) my lesson. 30. I (not be) angry if you (do) your homework.
4. WHICH OF THESE PARTS OF THE SENTENCES IS CORRECT :
Example : Did you phone Ruth? – Oh, I forgot. I phone / I’ll phone her now. (I’ll phone is correct)
1. I can’t meet you tomorrow afternoon. I’m playing / I’ll play tennis.
2. I meet / I’ll meet you outside the hotel in 15 minutes, OK? – That’s fine.
3. I need some money. – OK, I’m lending / I’ll lend you some. How much do you need?
4. I’m having / I’ll have a party next Saturday. I hope you can come.
5. Remember to buy some bread on the way home. – OK, I don’t forget / I won’t forget.
6. Ann isn’t free on Friday. She’ll work / She is working.
7. I think Kate will get / is getting the job. She has a lot of experience.
8. I can’t meet you this evening. A friend of mine will come / is coming to see me.
9. Have you decided where to go on holiday? – Yes, we will go / we are going to Sochi.
10. Don’t be afraid of the dog. It won’t hurt / it isn’t hurting you.
11. We are going / we will go to the cinema tonight. Would you like to come too?
12. It’s a secret between us. I promise I don’t tell / won’t tell anybody.
13. What time does your train leave / will your train leave tomorrow?
14. Are you doing / will you do anything tomorrow evening? – No, I’m free.
15. I asked Sam what happened but he doesn’t tell / won’t tell me.
5. FILL IN THE BLANKS WITH will OR am / is / are going to
1. Why are you turning on the TV-set? – I ___watch the news. 2. Oh, I haven’t got any money on me. – Don’t worry, I ____lend you some. 3. I’ve got a headache. – Wait here, I ____get some aspirin. 4. What’s this water for? – I ____wash my car. 5. I’ve decided to repaint my room. – What colour ___you____ paint it? 6. Can I speak to Joe, please? – OK, I ____get him. 7. Shhh! Don’t make so much noise! You ____everybody up. 8. The ceiling in this room doesn’t look very safe, does it? – No, it looks as if it ____fall down. 9. Did you post that letter for me? – Oh, I completely forgot, sorry. I ____ do it now. 10. Don’t worry, Tom. I’m sure you ____find what you’ve lost. 11. Look! That house is on fire! – Oh, my God! I ____call the fire brigade. 12. I don’t know how to use this camera. – It’s easy, I ____show you. 13. What would you like to eat? – I think, I ____have a sandwich. 14. Has Sam decided what to do after he leaves school? – Yes, everything is planned. He ____have a holiday for a few weeks and then he _____do a computer programming course. 15. What ____we take for dinner? – I don’t know. – Well, then we _____take some fried chicken. 16. Are you going shopping? – Yes, I ____ buy something for supper. But if you need anything, just tell me and I _____ buy it. 17. Kate, can you take me to the airport tonight? – Of course I can. – Thank you, then we _____leave at 7 p.m. 18. The weather is very nice today and I ______swim. – That’s a good idea! I _____join you, too. 19. Now when I have saved enough money, I _____ buy a car. 20. Next year we _____visit London. It was our life- dream.
6. A) ANSWER THE QUESTIONS, USING FUTURE PROGRESSIVE :
Example : What will he be doing tomorrow afternoon? (drive to the seaside)
He will be driving to the seaside.
1. What will she be doing on Saturday? (visit her parents)
2. What will you be doing at this time next week? (bathe in the Black Sea)
3. What will Tom be doing when we arrive? (work in the garden)
4. What will he be doing at the Academy for 5 years? (study food technology)
5. What will they be doing at this time tomorrow? (write a test)
6. What will she be doing at home tonight? (get ready for the exam)
7. What will you be doing at this time in a month? (pass summer exams)
8. What will they be doing after your exams? (have a two-month holiday)
9. What will Sam be doing tonight? (watch a new film)
10. What will Kate be doing tomorrow morning? (sleep)
B) EXTEND THE SENTENCES, USING THE WORDS IN BRACKETS :
Example : Don’t call me at 6. (have a bath)
Don’t call me at 6, I will be having a bath.
1. Don’t ring them at 7 in the morning. (sleep) 2. Don’t send us any letters in July. (travel) 3. Don’t disturb us tonight. (pack) 4. Don’t come to see her after lunch. (type) 5. Don’t leave the child alone. (cry) 6. Don’t tell Granny about it. (grumble) 7. Don’t expect him to come next Saturday. (work) 8. Don’t wait for me tomorrow. (stay indoors) 9. Don’t ring her at 12 tomorrow. (have a lesson) 10. Don’t leave me for long. (miss)
7. OPEN THE BRACKETS, USING PRESENT SIMPLE, FUTURE SIMPLE OR FUTURE PROGRESSIVE :
1. When I (get) home, my dog (sit) at the door waiting for me. 2. It (be) the middle of June. They (come) soon. 3. If you (want) to see us, come at 6 p.m., we (wait) for you. 4. I (call) for her at 8 a.m. – No, don’t ; she still (sleep). 5. They are so angry. A few more words and they (quarrel) again. 6. At this time next week they (board) the plane to London. 7. When we (arrive) to Moscow, it probably (rain). 8. When I (get) tomorrow morning, the sun (shine), the birds (sing), and my roommate still (lie) in bed fast asleep. 9. Next year this time I (do) exactly what I am doing now. I (attend) the Academy and (study) hard. 10. Look at those dark clouds. When the class (be) over, it probably (rain). 11. Are you going to be in town next Sunday? – No, I (visit) my aunt in belgorod. 12. How can I get in touch while you (be) out of town? – I (stay) at the Pilgrin hotel, you can reach me there. 13. Tomorrow I’m going home. When we (arrive) at the airport, my whole family (wait) for me. 14. When Diane (leave) for Florida? – Tomorrow. Just think. Two days from now she (lie) on the beach in the sun. 15. Ritht now I am attendig class. Yesterday at this time I was attending class, too. Tomorrow at this time I (attend) class again.
8. A) PUT THE VERB IN BRACKTS INTO FUTURE PERFECT :
1. I (translate) this text by 9 p.m. this evening. 2. I (make) this surprise by her birthday. 3. He (not learn) this lesson by tomorrow, if he hasn’t yet begun to study it. 4. This work is so difficult, that I (not complete) it in a year’s time. 5. After you finish this book, you (learn) a lot of new things. 6. By the end of the month the commission (come) to some decision. 7. I won’t see you again since I already (go) to the South by the time. 8. Phone me between 7 and 8. We (finish) dinner by then. 9. If he continues like this, he (spend) all his money before the end of his holiday. 10. Next week I (be) in Voronezh for exactly half a year.
B) ANSWER THE QUESTIONS IN FUTURE PERFECT, USING THE WORDS IN BRACKETS:
Example: Will you still be busy if I call you at 6?
No, we will have finished by that time.
1. Will they sill be staying at the hotel tomorrow? (move to their new house)
2. Will you be discussing this problem at 2 p.m.? (make a decision)
3. Will you be writing a test at 10 in the morning? (finish)
4. Will your brother still be a student next autumn? (graduate)
5. Will you still remember me in five years? (forget)
6. Will she be at home on Saturday? (leave for Lipetsk)
7. Will you be having a lesson when I come home? (go to the cinema)
8. Will she be expecting your call tomorrow? (get my letter)
9. Will he be using my car tonight? (take a taxi)
10. Will you be seeing Laura in the evening? (meet her in the morning)
9. READ ABOUT PETYA’S DAY AND THEN SAY WHAT SENTENCES ARE TRUE :
Petya goes to work every day. He leaves home at 8 a.m. and arrives to work at about 8. 45. He starts work immediately and continues until 12.30. when he has a brake for dinner.( which takes about half an hour) He starts work again at 1.15. and goes home at exactly 4.30. Every day he follows the same routine and tomorrow will be no exception.
At 7.45. at 8.15
a) he’ll be leaving the house a) he’ll be leaving the house b) he’ll have left the house b) he’ll have left the house
c) he’ll be at home c) he’ll have arrived at work
d) he’ll be having breakfast d) he’ll be arriving at work
at 9.15. at 12.45.
a) he’ll be working a) he’ll have lunch
b) he’ll start work b) he’ll be having dinner
c) he’ll have started work c) he’ll have finished his dinner
d) he’ll be arriving at work d) he’ll have started his dinner
At 4.00 at 4.45.
a) he’ll have finished work a) he’ll leave work
b) he’ll finish work b) he’ll be leaving work
c) he’ll be working c) he’ll have left work
d) he won’t have finished work d) he’ll have arrived home
10. OPEN THE BRACKETS, USING PRESENT SIMPLE, FUTURE SIMPLE OR FUTUREPERFECT :
1. He (be) here for 2 hours by the time you (come) back. 2. It (be) very late. They (be) back soon. 3. There (be) no planes tonight. Never mind, I (go) by train. 4. You (be) angry if I talk to you about it? 5. By the time you (finish) cooking, they (do) their work. 6. I (be) afraid, my train (leave) by that time. Don’t worry, I (drive) you home. 7. I hope it (stop) snowing by tomorrow morning. 8. If you (think) about it, you (see) that I’m right. 9. If he (not take) a taxi, he (be) late. 10. You have overslept again! By the time you (get) to the Academy, the lecture (be) over.
11. RESTORE THE SENTENCES, USING FUTURE TENSES :
1. late / tomorrow / if 8. when / next week / exams
2. dad / as soon as / this evening 9. our dean / if / this term
3. the time / station / we / tickets 10. our teacher / 9 a.m. tomorrow
4. before / you / tomorrow / I / already 11. home / before / dark
5. I / after / rain 12. we / sea / in / hours
6. taxi / if / bus 13. there / clouds / rain
7. headache / this medicine 14. Paris / until / money
12. CORRECT THE MISTAKES IF ANY:
1. He going to redecorate his room. 2. I will go to the café tonight. Tom invited me yesterday. 3. Look at those clouds. It will rain. 4. The film is beginning at 7 p.m. 5. Is it true that you are getting married next week? 6. What time is your ttain leaving? 7. What will you doing tonight? 8. my friends will meet me when I will arrive at the station. 9. Tell me what you are doing tomorrow. 10. Make some coffee while I’ll be typing a report. 11. It will snow tomorrow? 12. I think Jane is getting this job soon. 13. He’ll be sorry if he be late. 14. Will you do anything tomorrow evening? 15. By 8 a.m. tomorrow he will leave the house. 16. by the time you will come I will have cooked the dinner. 17. Don’t wait for me if I will be late. 18. I’ll stay here while you come. 19. We won’t start the meeting until the boss arrive. 20. Don’t worry. I’ll not spoil your book.
A) TO THE QUESTIONS AFTER YOU READ SITUATIONS :
1. A man’s car needs a small repair. He is at his garage with the car now. He is going to come back for it later. His mechanic must repair it before that.
What does the man’s car need? Where is he now? What is the man going to do? What must the mechanic do? What exactly does he say?
2.Bill Davis always gets a lift to work in his friend’s car. Every morning at 6:30 he goes to the corner and stands there. A few minutes later his friend comes by and stops. Bill gets into the car and they drive off.
What does Bill do every morning at 6:30? What happens a few minutes later? What does he do for a few minutes before the car comes? What will he be doing when the car comes and what will he do?
3.Three police cars are speeding through the night. They have just received information that a notorious criminal is playing roulette at this very moment in a gambling club. He’ll be playing roulette when they get there. He’ll run away when they get there.
Why are the police cars in such a hurry? What is the criminal doing at this moment? What will he be doing when they get there? What will he do when they get there?
B) ANSWERING THESE QUESTIONS :
1. What do you think the fashion for young people will be next year? 2. What colours will young people wear? 3. What clothes will they wear from earlier periods? 4. Will children go to school in the future? 5. Will everyone in our country speak English? 6. Will the next president of our country be Vladimir Zhirinovsky? 7. Will you live and work in another country? 8. Will more people listen to classical music? 9. Will you get your credits in advance next term? 10. Will you manage to do all these tasks by yourself?
A) WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM LIFE? Say what things you hope to do by the time you are 25.
You can use the following:
find a well-paid job, travel to lots of other countries, buy a car / a villa / a yaght, meet many interesting people, settle down and live comfortably, get married and start a family.
B) IN FIFTEEN OR TWENTY YEARS, MANY OF YOU WILL BE PARENTS. What will you do as a parent? Use ”I’ll”, “I’ll always”, or “I’ll never” with these expressions:
listen to hard rock, read fashion magazines, let my children eat what they want, let them listen to the music while they are doing their homework, let my children come home late, clean my child’s room, shout at my children, hit them when they are bad, listen to my children’s opinion.
C) WHAT DO THINK THE SECOND HALF OF THE 21-ST CENTURY WILL BE LIKE :
1. Means of transport will be……. 2. Sources of energy will be…… 3. Population will……. 4. Food will….. 5. Animal species will……. 6. Weapon technology will……. 7. Contacts with beings from outer space……… 8. Computers……….. 9. International language……. 10. International television and communication………. .
14. TRANSLATE FROM RUSSIAN INTO ENGLISH :
1. Я не уйду, пока ты мне всё не объяснишь. 2. Когда вы женитесь? 3. Я должен идти. Все будут ждать меня. 4. Она вот-вот заплачет. 5. Концерт начнётся в пять. Не опаздывай. 6. Мы поедем в Англию, после того, как выучим английский. 7. Не забудьте, завтра пишем контрольную. 8. Они встретятся, когда будут сдавать экзамены. 9. Через два года мне будет двадцать. 10. Уже полвосьмого. Поторопись, а то опоздаешь. 11. Обещаю, что к шести мы уже накроем на стол. 12. В пять лучше не приходи. Я буду стирать. 13. Вы узнаете её сразу, как увидите. На ней будут жёлтые ботинки. 14. Занятия в Академии начинаются в восемь. 15. Мы не уладим этот вопрос, пока не поговорим с деканом. 16. Сегодня мы идём в кино. Правда ведь, Вася? 17. Я собираюсь покупать новый телефон. 18. Я знаю, что он не изменит своего решения, даже если я дам ему совет. 19. Всего через несколько дней мы будем в Швейцарии кататься на лыжах. 20. К тому времени, как я уйду на пенсию, я построю себе дом.
15. CHOOSE THE CORRECT VARIANT :
a) will be raining b) will be rain c) will rain d) is raining
2. At 5 tomorrow I…….dinner.
a) will have b) will be having c) am having d) will have had
3. Tell him everything when he…… .
a) comes b) come c) will come d) will be coming
4. Don’t leave the child alone, he……. .
a) is going to cry b) will cry c) will have cried d) will be crying
5. I will believe it….I see it myself.
a) while b) if c) before d) until
6. We’ll wait until…… .
a) it will stop snowing b) it’ll have stopped snowing c) the snow will stop d) it stops snowing
7. I …..dinner by the time you…….. .
a) will cook, come b) cook, come c) will have cooked, come d) will have cooked, will come
8. While he……, I…….his favorite cake.
a) will be sleeping, will be baking b) sleep, bake c) sleeps, am baking d) is sleeping, will be baking
9. By the end of the year I……all my exams.
a) will pass b) will be passing c) will have passed d) am passing
10. I will tell you a secret….my brother goes out.
a) since b) while c) because d) as soon as
11. What ……at 10 p.m. tomorrow?
a) will you doing b) you will be doing c) will you have done d) will you be doing
12. I hope, when you…..this exercise, there …… so many mistakes in it.
a) will write, won’t be b) write, aren’t c) have written, won’t be d) will have written, won’t be
13. She looks very unhappy. I’m sure she…….
a) is crying b) will cry c) is going to cry d) will cries
14. We…….our exam tomorrow, so don’t disturb us tonight.
a) are taking b) will take c) will have taken d) will be take
15. I hope that by the end of the term she …..us to speak English.
a) will teach b) will have teached c) will be teaching d) will have taught
REVISION OF VERB TENSES.
1. OPEN THE BRACKETS, USING:
A) PRESENT SIMPLE, PRESENT PROGRESSIVE, PRESENT PERFECT, PRESENT PERFECT PROGRESSIVE AND PAST SIMPLE :
1. The telephone (ring). Someone (want) to talk to you. 2. The postman (walk) up the path. He (come) twice a week. 3. We (not write) a test yet, but we (do) a lot of exercises yesterday. 4. I (know) Mary. We (be) friends for all my life. 5. The Earth (go) round the Sun. 6. Usually Donna (not cheat) at the lessons, but now she (look) at Henry’s notebook. 7. I (not do) this job yesterday, I (do) everything only today. 8. We (learn) English since the 1st form. 9. My aunt, who (visit) us last summer, (come) again. 10. We (work) very hard recently for our exams. 11. Every lesson we (do) a lot of exercises, (read), (write) and (translate). 12. You already (finish) this task? – No, we just (begin). 13. Hi, Tom! Where you (go)? – To the disco. I (not be) there for ages. 14. She (not believe) now, though I (tell) her the truth. 15. Turn off the TV set! You (watch) it since morning! 16. Why they (laugh) at me now? I (say) something funny a minute ago? 17. Please, don’t disturb me. I (type) an important document and you always (interrupt) me! 18. You ever (see) the Kremlin? – Yes, I (see) it when I (be) in Moscow last year. 19. It (get) dark very early in winter. 20. Jane (look) different. She (put) on weight?
B) PAST SIMPLE, PAST PROGRESSIVE, PAST PERFECT AND PAST PERFECT PROGESSIVE:
1. I (take) a shower when you came. 2. When I (come) home, I (see) my sister, who just (return) from a long trip. 3. It (be) my 1st visit to London, I never (be) there before. 4. It (snow) when we (go) out. 5. Who (tell) you that I (take) your bag? 6. When he (come) to his place, he (go) to bed, because he (work) hard all day and (be) too tired to do anything else. 7. Where you (be) last weekend? I (call) you several times, but you (not answer). 8. I (go) to Los Angeles and (have) a very good time there. 9. He (hurry) somewhere when I (meet) him in the street. 10. It slowly (clear up) when we (go) to the Academy. 11. The cat (sleep) on the table, and I (notice) that she (eat) my sandwich. 12. I (not know) where to go and suddenly (understand) that I (get) lost. 13. Mary (have) red swollen eyes. I (think) she (cry). 14. The shoes (be) so worn out, that I (not can) believe, that she (buy) them a month before. 15. He (be) very nervous, because he never (take) exams before. 16. What you (do) when I (come)? 17. She (feel) very happy, because her new boyfriend (call) her twice that day. 18. He (not notice) me, because I (stand) in the darkest place of the room. 19. The car (look) new, though I even (not mend) it since (buy). 20. Everybody (dance) and (have) fun for a long time already when I (come) to the party.
C) FUTURE TENSES :
1. The film (begin) at 7 p.m. 2. We (go) to the football match tonight. 3. Look at this dark cloud! It (rain) in a minute! 4. Don’t play any tricks! I (watch) you! 5. I think I (see) you on Monday next time. 6. You (have) a holiday this summer? 7. I think I (not do) this work by tomorrow. 8. Jerry still (sleep) when we (come). 9. If you (not study) well, you (not pass) your final test. 10. He (help) you if you (ask) him nicely. 11. Maybe we (join) you this weekend. 12. He has planned everything. He (move) to Moscow, (live) and (work) there. 13. When I (return) home, my dog (sit) near the door and (wait) for me. 14. She (play) tennis) tomorrow morning, so she (not come). 15. Everything (be) ready by next week. 16. I (look) different by the time I (be) 45. 17. Look at Mary’s face! She (cry) in a second! 18. He (not watch) TV until he (finish) his report. 19. What you (do) at this time tomorrow? 20. I need some nice paint and wallpaper. I (redecorate) my house.
D) ANY SUITABLE TENSE FORM :
1. He never (be) to the USA. 2. Tomorrow from 12 to14 I (see) my former classmate. 3. She (cook) the dinner before I came. 4. We (not be) in the Academy yesterday, because it (be) Sunday. 5. Last term I (have) only good marks and next term I’m sure I (get) 5s too. 6. My sister (study) in the Medical Academy. She (entered) there 3 years ago and (study) there since then. 7. For the whole last year I (write) my diploma- project and (be) very happy when (finish). 8. The lesson (start) when I (get) to the Academy yesterday. When I (open) the door, everybody (do) the test already for 25 minutes. 9. I think, he (not return) by tomorrow. 10. Look at Larisa’s new dress! She (wear) it for the first time today. 11. He (work) with the computer for 7 hours without a brake, so his eyes (hurt). 12. When exactly the show (start)? I (not want) to miss it. 13. I already (decided) where to go on holidays. I (visit) Egypt. 14. What you (do) all the evening yesterday? You (promise) to take me to the cinema and even (not call)! 15. We (live) in Voronezh since childhood. 16. Look at those two cars rushing at each other! They (crash)! 17. Vasya (sit) and (dream) about his summer holidays at the moment. 18. What you (talk) about when I (enter) the room a minute ago? 19. Water (not boil) at 75C. 20. You (finish) writing the test already?
2. RESTORE THE SENTENCES:
1. I / already / to bed / when / door. 2. tomorrow / the dean / meeting. 3. until / ready / there. 4. he / already / by the time. 5. while / classes / she / sun. 6. he / every day. 7. we / a task / now. 8. they / to London / next week. 9. you / yesterday? 10. he / a house / last week. 11. I / often / to the dentist. 12. we / tonight. 13. the vase / before / I. 14. last term / I / good marks. 15. the lesson / already.
3. CORRECT THE MISTAKES IF ANY:
1. My friends will meet me when I will arrive at the airport. 2. I’m living at 14 Revolution Avenue since last September. 3. My country have changed its capital city five times. 4. The phone rung while I was washing the dishes. 5. He has been to the USA for the last three months. During this time he had done many things and saw many places. 6. My life in Voronezh is changing a great deal since I arrived here six months ago. 7. While I was writing my report last night, someone was knocking on the door. 8. Did you see that man ever before? 9. We will have done everything tomorrow morning. 10. We write a test at the moment. 11. She is very firm and never cry. 12. I had waited for her call for the whole evening, but she didn’t call. 13. Where did you be yesterday? 14. He hasn’t come yet. 15. Tell me exactly, what do you do tomorrow? 16. I had come to Voronezh when I was 12 years old. 17. What are you going wear at the party? 18. I think I won’t do this work by next month. 19. We lived in Moscow when we were children. 20. Every weekend I visit my grandparents.
4. REACT TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. What places have you visited since you came to Voronezh? When? 2. What countries have you been to? When? Why did you go there? Are you planning to go back there again some day? 3. What programmes have you seen on TV lately? What did you watch last night? 4. What are you doing right now? What are your parents doing? 5. What are you wearing today? 7. What will you be doing tonight at midnight? What were you doing last night at midnight? 8. What are you going to do at this time tomorrow? 9. What time are you coming to class tomorrow? 10. Where will you be living three years from now? 11.What have you been doing for the last five minutes? 12. Where do you live? Where are you living? Where were you living five years ago? How long are you going to live in Voronezh? 13. What did you do yesterday? 14. Where did you eat dinner last night? What did you have? What did you do after you have eaten? 15. Are you taking any classes besides English? How is everything going? 16. How do you like living in Voronezh? Have you had any interesting experiences since you came here? Have you met any interesting people? 17. What do you think the world be like when you are 70 years old? 18. What are you going to do for the rest of today? 19. How long had you studied English before you came to the Academy? 20. Have you read newspapers lately? What is happening in the world?
5. TRANSLATE FROM RUSSIAN INTO ENGLISH :
1. Я ещё не приготовила обед. – Тебе помочь? – Да, спасибо. Гости приходят в семь. 2. Мы обедали, когда Петя пришёл. Он не хотел обедать с нами, сказал, что уже пообедал. Он ел в пять, а мы всегда обедаем в семь. 3. Что ты здесь делаешь? – Я жду своего друга. Он учится в этой группе. 4. В Англии часто идёт дождь? – Да, когда мы приехали, шел дождь. А мы приехали до того, как начались дожди. – А вы когда-нибудь были в Лондоне? – Да, я посетил Лондон в прошлом году. 5. Вы поедете в Крым в этом году? – Нет, сейчас я много работаю. Мы всегда ездим в Крым осенью. – А я никогда не был там, но, наверное, поеду туда в следующем году. 6. Где он работает? – Он сейчас не работает. Он студент. Он работал на заводе до того, как поступил в институт. 7. Ты встретил её вчера? – Я опоздал. Когда я пришёл, поезд уже ушёл. 8. Я уже месяц Дашу не видела. А я её видела на концерте Стинга. – А во что она была одета? – На ней было потрясающее платье. – Интересно, где она его купила. 9. Ты давно меня ждешь? – Час. Но ничего страшного, я за это время посмотрела интересный фильм. – Ну что, идём в театр? – Боюсь, что когда мы придём, спектакль уже начнется. 10. Что случилось с Васей? Он плакал? – Да, он двойку получил. – Мужчины не плачут, мужчины огорчаются. 11. Вчера Федор Иванович лежал на диване и читал газету. Вдруг он услышал какой-то шум и пошёл посмотреть, что это. Грузовик врезался в его новую машину! 12. Когда ты закончишь работу? – Не знаю, я ещё кое-что не сделал. Но все эксперименты будут завершены к концу следующей недели. 13. Не приходи завтра с утра, я буду стирать в это время. – А когда ты будешь свободна? – Заходи вечером, мы как раз будем чай пить с тётей Асей. 14. Ты играешь в теннис? – Нет, я не люблю этот вид спорта. – Посмотри тогда, как Петя сейчас играет. Он всегда играет очень хорошо. 15. В следующем месяце у меня будет неделя каникул. Я собираюсь отправиться в путешествие. Сначала я поеду в Москву к брату. После того, как уеду из Москвы, я поеду в Петербург в гости к своей подруге, которая учится там в университете. Она в Питере уже три года, поэтому прекрасно знает весь город. Я надеюсь, она покажет мне много интересных мест. Я никогда не была в Петербурге, поэтому с нетерпением жду поездки.
6. CHOOSE THE CORRECT VARIANT :
1. When did you buy that car? – I…it last year.
a) have bought b) buied c) bought d) had bought
2. He ….to many countries since he got that job.
a) have been b) was c) had been d) has been
3. Maybe I ….to Brazil next month. I haven’t decided yet.
a) will go b) will have gone c) am going d) go
4. She ….dentist every 6 months.
a) visit b) visits c) is visiting d) has visited
5. When I got home, they ….already.
a) left b) have left c) had left d) had leaved
6. They ….to a new restaurant tonight.
a) are going b) go c) going d) goes
7. I was reading, and they ….to music.
a) was listening b) were listening c) listened d) were listen
8. I ….all the day and was very tired when finished.
a) had worked b) worked c) was working d) had been working
9. He…..by next weekend.
a) will return b) will returned c) will have returned d) returns
10. We….English since school.
a) are studying b) study c) were studying d) have been studying
11. Look! He….fall!
a) will b) is going c) is going to d) going to
12. Your plane….at 12.30. tomorrow.
a) leaves b) is leaving c) is going to leave d) will leave.
13. I….the exercise at the moment.
a) do b) doing c) am do d) am doing
14. I have too much work to do tomorrow. I think I…come to your party.
a) will b) willn’t c) won’t d) want
15.We just….this task .
a) have done b) did c) done d) had done
1. COMPLETE THE CENTENCES WITH :
A) can / can’t / could / couldn’t :
1. I’m afraid I…come to your party next week. 2. When Tim was 16, he …run 100 metres in 11 seconds. 3. Are you in a hurry? – No, I…wait a bit. 4. I felt sick yesterday. I….eat anything. 5. …you speak louder? – I…hear you well. 6. You look tired. Yes, I…sleep last night.7. Ann…speak English but she…speak Russian. 8. Her daughter is 5 bur she …already read. 9. I…translate the text without a dictionary. 10. I…swim when I was a child.
B) can / to be able to IN THE PROPER TENSE FORM :
1. Tom has traveled a lot. He …speak four languages. 2. Although the fire spread quickly, everybody….escape. 3. I looked everywhere for the book, but I…find it. 4. My grandmother loved music and…play the piano very well. 5. I…sleep very well recently. 6. I can’t understand Martin. I never…understand him. 7. Ann had given us good directions so we…find her house quickly. 8. I can’t see you on Monday but I…meet you on Wednesday. 9. Sue wasn’t at home when I phoned but I…contact her at her office. 10. Laura had hurt her leg and …walk very well. 11. Don’t ask Nelly to meet you. She …do it. 12. He was sitting too far from the stage so he …see anything. 13. I …pass this exam successfully tomorrow. 14. Tom…leave the hospital last week, he was too weak. 15. I…read and write, so…most people nowadays.
2. COMPLETE THE SENTENCES. USE could or could have+ A SUITABLE VERB :
1. What shall we do in the evening? – I don’t mind. We…(go)to the cinema. 2. Why did you stay at home yesterday? You… (go)to the cinema. 3. There is an interesting job advertised in the paper. You…. (apply) for it. 4. We…(go) to the concert last night but we decided not to. 5. Where shall we meet tomorrow? – Well, we…(meet) near your house if you like. 6. He…(not drive) to the airport because his car had been stolen. 7. The situation was bad but it…(be) worse. 8. I’m so tired. I…(sleep) for a week. 9. The phone is ringing. It…(be) Tom. 10. You…(warn) me! Why didn’t you do it?
3. EXPRESS STONG DOUBT ABOUT THESE STATEMENTS and translate your sentences:
A) example : He knows English well. – Can he know it well? He can’t know it well!
1. He is waiting for somebody. 2. He understands every word you say. 3. She is really fond of the child. 4. They know how to get there. 5. She is crying. 6. She is looking for somebody. 7. They are always fighting. 8. Children like to play here. 9. He is telling the truth. 10. They love each other.
B)Example : He didn’t understand me. – Could he have failed to understand me? He couldn’t have failed to understand me.
1. She didn’t like the play. 2. They don’t trust me. 3. She didn’t see you. 4. He was dismissed. 5. They didn’t notice the mistake. 6. He doesn’t like it here. 7. They didn’t realized the danger. 8. I didn’t receive the letter. 9. He didn’t get a 5. 10. She didn’t marry him.
4. TRANSLATE :
A) THE WORDS IN BRACKETS:
1. Tom and Bob ( не смогут) go with Jane. 2. I (не могу) sing that song. 3. We (не смогли) sleep, they were making so much noise. 4. I (мог) swim when I was 5. 5. She (сможет) write the report tomorrow. 6. The doctor (не смог) come yesterday, he (может) come tomorrow. 7. They (смогли) already discuss the problem. 8. We (не можем) have our holiday this month. 9. She (не могла) fly home last week, because she (не смогла) find anybody to leave the child with. 10. (не могли бы ) you help me? 11. You ( не можешь ) speak English properly. 12. I (смог) get a 5, because I learned everything. 13. (можешь) you lend me your dictionary for a while? 14. Speak louder, I (не могу) hear you well. 15. She (могла) play the guitar when she was young, but now she (не может). 16. He ( да не мог забыть) your address! 17. ( Неужели отказался) he to go there? 18. She (не может быть, чтобы не нашла ) your house? 19. You (неужели не знаешь) about it? 20. He (да не мог сделать) it.
B) THE SENTENCES INTO ENGLISH:
1. Он еще не может читать такие сложные книги. 2. Они не смогли поехать за город в прошлые выходные. 3. Мы можем начать работу сейчас же. 4. Он может хорошо чинить машины. 5. Они не смогли как следует подготовиться к экзамену. 6. Я не смогу перевести текст без словаря. 7. Вы не могли бы показать мне этот учебник? 8. Вася не может принести мне свой отчет? 9. Думаю, что она все сможет понять. 10. Не можешь помочь – не надо. 11. Не мог он этого не заметить. 12. Неужели она верит в это? 13. Не может быть, чтоб я вас неправильно понял. 14. Мог бы и позвонить! 15. Да не мог я встретиться с тобой, занят был!
5. PUT IN THE FOLLOWING VERBS IN THE PROPER TENSEFORM AND EXPLAIN THEIR DIFFERENCE :
A) must OR have to
1. I…be very careful not to upset him. 2. They…pay the bill by Friday. 3. We…eat before we go. 4. She…go now, it’s late. 5.You…stop working so hard. 6. When you come to England again, you…come and see us. 7. She…wear glasses since she was very young. 8. I am sorry I couldn’t come yesterday, I…work late. 9. In Britain many children…wear uniform when they go to school. 10. he doesn’t like his new job. Sometimes he…work at weekends. 11. We couldn’t repair our car themselves, so we…take it to a garage. 12. I enjoy parties unless I…make a speech. 13. I always…go shopping on Sundays as I work on weekdays. 14. Today I’m taking a difficult exam, so I…study all yesterday evening. 15. Yesterday Vasya was very ill, so we…call a doctor.
B) mustn’t OR don’t / doesn’t have to :
1. I don’t want anyone to know. You…tell that. 2. I’m not working tomorrow, so I…get up early. 3. He…wear a suit to work, but he usually does. 4. Whatever you do, you…touch that. It’s dangerous. 5. You…forget what I told you. It’s very important. 6. You…be a good player to a game of tennis. 7. Fedya has got a beard, so he…shave. 8. We’ve got a lot of time. We…go yet. 9. I promised to be on time. I…be late. 10. Nobody should see you, you…leave your room.
C) have to OR be to :
1. We…a seminar the day after tomorrow, I…prepare for it. 2. The meeting…begin at 5 o’clock and so I…take a taxi. 3. The lecture…start at 10 and we…have a snack at the canteen. 4. They…have a test on Monday, so she…work hard at the weekend. 5. He…be there at 3 p.m. sharp and he…walk quickly. 6. He…arrive on Saturday, so I…stay in town. 7. You…disturb him, he is very busy. 8. He …come yesterday as we had arranged. 9. The day came when I…get back to work after holidays. 10. The train…leave at midnight.
D) must OR should :
1. The doctor said that I …take this medicine. 2. A polite person…always say “Please” and “Thank you”. 3. Mother says that I…obey her. 4. The boss said: “We…discuss this problem immediately!” 5. Don’t tell anybody. We…keep it secret. 6. I…clean my room before parents come and punish me. 7. You have a temperature, you…call a doctor. 8. Teachers always say that we…study hard. 9. “You….apologize for your behavior.”- Tom said. 10. You…work more, you …miss lessons.
6. TRANSLATE USING must / have to / be to / should :
1. Мне пришлось идти туда самому. 2. Вы должны вставать рано каждый день? 3. Мне не пришлось ждать его долго. 4. Когда вы должны быть в институте. 5. Подожди, я должна дочитать главу до конца. 6. Мне надо видеть его сегодня же. 7. Тебе придется взять пальто. 8. Вам следует обсудить этот вопрос заранее. 9. Вам следовало бы помочь ему. 10. Когда он должен приехать? Мы договорились встретиться в 8. 11. Вам не следует так разговаривать. 12. Не смей так делать. 13. Тебе нечего торопиться. 14. Вам придется поговорить с ним лично. 15. Мне не надо сегодня заниматься. 16. Здесь нельзя курить. 17. Тебе следует повторить эту тему. 18. Сейчас же иди домой. 19. Я вынужден был переписать отчет. 20. Вы должны найти ошибку. 21. Автобус должен придти в 5. 22. Вам следует принять лекарство. 23. У нас достаточно продуктов. Не надо ничего покупать. 24. Нельзя пить много воды. 25. Ему надо переписать сочинение.
7. COMPLETE THE SENTENCES, USIG:
A) must OR can’t :
1. You’ve been traveling all day. You…(be) tired. 2. That restaurant…(be) very good. There are always a lot of people. 3. That café…(be) very good. It’s always empty. 4. I’ve lost one of my gloves. I…(drop) it somewhere. 5 Ted wasn’t at work last week. He…(be) ill. 6. Ted isn’t at work today again. He…(be) ill! 7. Carol knows much about films. She…(go) to the cinema much. 8. (The door bell rings) It…(be) Mary. She is still at work at that time. 9. Ann was in a difficult situation. It…(be) easy for her. 10. You got here very quickly. You…(walk) very fast. 11. It rained all their holiday, so they…(be) very pleased. 12. Henry often buys expensive things, so he…(be) short of money. 13. Look. Tom is putting his coat on. He…(go) out. 14. I left my bike outside ant it isn’t here anymore. Somebody…(take) it. 15. The light’s on in the room. Vasya …(study) for his tomorrow exam.
B) must / mustn’t , need / needn’t , should / shouldn’t :
1. We’ve got plenty of time. We…hurry. 2. Jim gave me a letter to post. I…forget about it. 3. You…return money so soon. I can wait. 4. You…give so mush money to the child. It will spoil him. 5. He…get up early. The work begins at 10. 6. You…have told lies. 7. They…have studied more to pass the exam. 8. You…go to the hospital, we will call the doctor. 9. She…have eaten so much sweets not to put on weight. 10. He…have walk, he could have taken a bus. 11. I knew all the words in the text, so I …have used the dictionary, but still I did. 12. You…have bought this book, you…have taken it from the library. 13. This is an expensive thing. You…look carefully after it. 14. This is a secret between us. You…tell anybody else. 15. I can do the shopping alone. You…come with me.
8. TRANSLATE, USING must / need / should / can :
1. Вы, должно быть, с ним уже поговорили. 2. Должно быть, она актриса. 3. Да не может он быть дома. 4. Да не мог он этого сделать. 5. Не надо было ничего покупать. 6. Вам не следовало так делать. 7. Должно быть, он устал. 8. Вы не должны были ждать меня так долго. 9. Надо было прочитать эту книгу еще раз. 10. Надо было позвонить мне. 11. Не надо было с ней общаться. 12. Да не может он быть ее другом. 13. Следовало бы убрать получше. 14. Вам надо было выучить все как следует. 15. Они, должно быть, долго работали.
9. FILL IN THE BLANKS WITH :
A) may AND its equivalents:
1. You…stay here after lessons. 2. We…have done it yesterday, but we couldn’t. 3. I….go to the party yesterday by my parents. 4. …I take your text book? – Yes, you… .5. …I possibly go to the disco? – No, you…. .6. He…be still waiting. 7. He…have already left. 8. If he drives, he…be here any moment. 9. Let’s phone Fedya, we…need his advice. 10. You…swim here.
B) may/ might(not) OR can / could(not) :
1. …we leave the room? Is the lesson over? 2. …Stand on your head?- I…when I was at school but I…now. 3. …I smoke here?- No, you… . Smoking isn’t allowed. 4. …you type? – Yes, I…type but I …do shorthand. 5. …I come in? – Please, do. 6. Where…I buy fruit? 7. …I have some more cake? 8. …this be true? 9. …you hear what he is saying? 10. …you lend me 1000$? 11. …we go to the cinema after doing homework? – Yes, you… .12. Mother says I…not go out. 13. It’s very cold. …we shut the window? 14. He said we …use his things how we like. 15. You…walk miles in this district without seeing anybody. 16. …I borrow your umbrella? 17. We…ask him to be a chairman. 18. …I come and see you this evening? – Of course you… .19. He…answer the teacher’s question yesterday, but he…answer the same question today. 20. Sorry, sir, you…speak loud here.
10. TRANSLATE FROM:
A) ENGLISH INTO RUSSIAN:
1. Don’t make too much noise. You may wake the baby. 2. Ann might not come to the party. 3. If I knew him better, I might invite him to my house. 4. She may be angry with you for that. 5. Diane might be able to help you with it. 6. I’m not sure where Bob is. He might be having lunch. 7. Sam may be in his office. 8. Your parents might have seen us together. 9. Don’t buy this book for Ann. She might have already read it. 10. Who is that boy? – I’m not sure. He may be Dan’s brother. 11. I wasn’t allowed to smoke in the restaurant. 12. Hanna and Pete might be playing tennis now while I’m working. 13. It might not be true. 14. Ask Kate. She may know it. 15. Sam may not known about it.
B) RUSSIAN INTO ENGLISH:
1. Мне разрешили взять словарь. 2. Может быть, он уже ушел. 3. она, возможно, все забыла. 4. Здесь нельзя купаться. 5. Ты мог бы остаться еще. 6. Можно войти? – Да, можно. 7. Возможно, они не хотят видеть нас. 8. Нам может понадобиться их совет. 9. Можно мне еще пиццы? 10. Письмо, возможно, было написано еще вчера. 11. Вы можете взять эту книгу в библиотеке. 12. Она не могла видеть нас. 13. Можно мне здесь подождать. 14. Я, может быть, поеду в Ирландию. 15. Петя, может, и не придет.
11. COMPLETE, USING MODAL VERBS:
1. He looks so upset, he…………………. . 2. Your English is quite good for a beginner, you………. .3. There is nothing in my fridge, I………. . 4. The man was very rude and I…….. . 5. If you lose your bag, you…….. .6. he didn’t phone me yesterday, he…….. . 7. Her husband is very strong, he…….. . 8. It’s too stuffy in here…………. 9. The teacher has fallen ill, so we………… . 10. It’s Sunday today and I……….. .
1. can/ some other day 2. were to / airport 3. have /parents / today? 4. may not / letters 5. Shall / needn’t 6. must / yesterday 7. have to / your younger brother? 8. could / child 9. able / get a five. 10. Shall / right now? 11. far more / may / soon 12. mine / could / never 13. should / earlier / ready 14. usually / must / not 15. I / to play / since my childhood 16. you / not / late ! 17. I / your dictionary ? 18. What / we I this text ? 19. No / this / in writing 20. we / by heart ?
13. CORRECT THE MISTAKES IF ANY:
1. We could find him in a quarter of an hour. 2. I had to help my mother but I was too busy. 3. We will able to speak German in two years. 4. We couldn't persuade him anyhow. 5. Had you to go to the concert alone? 6. You may not do it today, you may do it tomorrow. 7. Must we to stand up, when the teacher enters the room? 8. Hi, Mike. Could I possibly have a talk with you? 9. It was difficult but we could find those letters. 10. Have you to get up early? 11. Shall I translate? - Yes, you shall. 12. Must I write it? - No, you mustn't. 13. You shall come earlier. 14. You needn't to stay here till 11 p.m. 15. He wasn't able to help us at that time.
1. Конечно, вы не должны отвечать ни на какие вопросы, если не хотите. 2. Можно я приду попозже? - Боюсь, что нет. 3. Вы не могли бы одолжить мне немного денег? - Конечно. 4. Можно я от вас позвоню? - Пожалуйста. 5. Тебе часто приходится мыть посуду? 6. Мне обязательно оставаться после занятий? - Нет, не надо. 7. Ни в коем случае не покупай этот сыр. 8. Раньше мне никогда не приходилось самой готовить завтрак. 9. Когда я смогу вас увидеть снова? 10. Кто должен сегодня вытирать доску? 11. Нам нужно работать усерднее. 12. Кто должен придти на вечеринку? 13. Нельзя огорчать родителей. 14. Можешь взять себе яблоко побольше. 15. Не стоит так волноваться. Она скоро придет. 16. Мне надо уйти. 17. Нам надо было придти к первой паре, но мы забыли. 18. Мне пришлось занять ему денег. 19. Так вы все-таки успели на поезд. 20. Чем могу быть вам полезен? 21. Где нам теперь искать ее? 22. А разве тебе не надо быть там в час? 23. Сколько тебе нужно денег, чтобы быть счастливой? 24. Никто не должен знать, что я здесь. 25. Не надо есть конфеты, если хочешь похудеть. 26. Нет, Мэри, это печатать не надо. Спасибо. 27. Мне надо обязательно увидеть вас завтра. 28. Какие цветы мне ему купить? 29. Не надо так говорить о нем! 30. Не обращай внимания. Он может сказать все что угодно.
a) ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS AFTER THE SITUATIONS:
1. You see an old lady at the railway station. She is carrying a
What is the old lady doing? Is it a light suitcase? What do you say to her?
2. You and your friend are on the motorway. He is driving. He is
Who is driving the car? Why is he tired? What do you say?
3. Charles Gripp, the ex-bank robber, is in prison now. He has to
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-12-12; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 184.108.40.206 (0.078 с.)