ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
PAST SIMPLE AND PROGRESSIVE.
1. PUT THE VERBS INTO PAST SIMPLE TENSE AND TRANSLATE THEM :
A) live, open, close, die, want, love, hate, enjoy, work, stay, visit, study, travel, start, finish, arrive, cook, walk, laugh, smile, watch, look, wait, happen, try, follow, improve, like, play, earn, learn, listen, skate, enter, ask, answer, suggest, mend, paint, turn, talk, cry, shout, snow, rain, manage, call, catch, smoke, help, belong, need, believe, invite, check, notice, lie, suggest, suppose, reach, pass, mix.
B) be, become, begin, break, bring, build, burn, buy, catch, choose, come, cost, cut, do, drink, drive, eat, fall, feel, find, fly, forget, get, give, go, have, hear, keep, know, lay, leave, let, lie, lose, make, meet, pay, put, read, ring, rise, run, say, see, sell, send, shut, sit, sing, sleep, speak, spend, stand, steal, swim, take, teach, tear, tell, think, throw, understand, wake, wear, win, write.
2. READ ABOUT MARINA’S TYPICAL WORKING DAY AND THEN SAY WHAT SHE DID OR DIDN’T DO YESTERDAY :
Marina usually gets up at 7 o’clock and has a big breakfast. She walks to work, which takes her about half an hour. She starts work at 8.45. She never has lunch. She finishes work at 5 o’clock and travells home by bus. She is often tired when she gets home, so for some time she just sits in the armchair and listens to comforting music. She usually cooks a meal in the evening and doesn’t eat much. Normally she doesn’t go out on weekdays. She watches TV, reads an interesting book or talks over the phone to her friends. At 10.30. she takes a relaxing bath and prepares things for the next day. She goes to bed at about 11 o’clock and always sleeps well.
3. ASK YOUR FRIEND ABOUT HIS LAST HOLIDAY :
1. When / return? 2. Where / go ? 3. go / with parents? 4. How long / stay there? 5. stay / at a hotel ? 6. How / travel ? 7. eat / in restaurants ? 8. food / good ? 9. have / great time? 10. What / do in the evenings ? 11. visit theaters? 12. meet / famous people? 13. see / many / places? 14. make / new friends ? 15. weather / fine?
4. OPEN THE BRACKETS, PUTTING THE VERB INTO PAST SIMPLE TENSE :
1. It (be) warm, so I (take) off my coat. 2. The film (not be) very good, we (not enjoy) it very much. 3. I (know) they (be) very busy, so I (not ask) them. 4. Henry (be) very tired, so he (go) to bed earlier than he usually (do). 5. Mozart (write) more than 600 pieces of music. 6. How you (learn) to drive? – My father (teach) me. 7. It (become) too expensive to keep our car, so we (sell) it. 8. I (be) very thirsty, so I (drink) the water quickly. 9. Frank (fall) down the stairs and (hurt) his leg, fortunately (not break) it. 10. Ann (spend) a lot of money yesterday. She (buy) a dress which (cost) $100. 11. I (open) the window and a bird (fly) into the room. 12. Paul and I (play) tennis yesterday. He (do) it better than me, so he (win) easily. 13. Sue (not be) hungry, so she (not eat) anything, but I (eat) a lot. 14. When that accident (happen)? I (hear) something about it, but (understand) nothing. 15. He (feel) so bad, that even (stop) working and (go) home. 16. When we (stay) in London, we (see) many interesting places and (visit) a lot of museums. 17. You (be) in the Academy yesterday? – No, I ( not be), we (have) only one double-lesson and I (come) too late. 18. They (work) very much yesterday, they (finish) only at 10 p.m. and (be) so tired. 19. Last year we (study) at school and we (have) more free time, we even (walk) every evening. 20. Everybody (laugh), when Petya (make) the same mistake again. 21. I (lose) my key yesterday. 22. Kate (invite) me for her birthday party when we (meet). 23. They (speak) much, (discuss) new projects and (not notice) me. 24. I (decide) to give up smoking, because I (smoke) too much. 25. Who (break) my favourite vase? You (do) it?
5. HERE IS A PAGE FROM JACK’S DAILY PLANNER.
9.00 – 9. 30. – to jog in the park
9.50 – 10.00 - to fuel the car
10.00 –12.00 – to take children to the zoo
12.30 –13.30 – to have lunch with Tom
14.00 –16.00 - to drive Mary to the shopping center
16.30.–17.30.- to play golf at Garry’s
18.00.- 20.00.- to visit mother
20.30.- 21.30 – to type a report
21.30.- 22.00 – to walk a dog
22.10.- 23.45 – to watch a football match on TV
NOW, ACCORDING TO THE LIST, SAY WHAT HE WAS DOING YESTERDAY:
1. at 9.15 2. at 9.52 3.at 11.15 4. at 12.45. 5. at 15.20.. 6. at 17.00. 7.at 19.10. 8. at 21.05. 9. at 21.40. 10. at 23.35.
6. IMAGINE YOU HAVE A BIG FAMILY. SAY WHAT YOU ALL WERE DOING YESTERDAY IN THE EVENING :
1. (Don / take / a bath) 2. ( Sharon / make up) 3.( Mother / cook / in the kitchen) 4. ( Sue / wash / some clothes) 5.(Father / read / a newspaper) 6. ( Sam / play / computer games) 7.( Kate / talk / over the phone) 8. ( Granny / knit / warm socks) 9. ( I / get ready to go out) 10. ( Grandfather / smoke / his pipe)
7.ANSWER THE QUESTIONS USING BOTH PAST SIMPLE AND PROGRESSIVE:
1. When did you meet Helen? (walk along the street)
2. When did you catch that cold? (skate on a frosty day)
3. When did she learn English? ( live in London)
4. When did they read “War and Piece”? (have a holiday)
5. When did he hear that song? ( listen to a concert on the radio)
6. When did you buy that book? ( get ready for my exams)
7. When did the boy hurt himself? (ride his bike)
8. When did he lose his key? ( go home yesterday)
9. When did Sonya find that camera? (walk about the city)
10. When did they take those photos? ( visit Paris)
8.OPEN THE BRACKETS USING PAST SIMPLE OR PROGRESSIVE :
1. Last night I (read) in bed when suddenly I (hear) a loud noise downstairs. 2. You (have) a bath when I (phone) you? 3. They (wait) for a taxi when I (arrive). 4. He (drive) very fast when the police (stop) him. 5. I (break) a plate last night. I (wash) dishes when it (slip) out of my hands. 6. He (sleep) while his wife (cook). 7. We (not go) out because it (get) dark. 8. What you (do) at this time yesterday? 9. We (see) Amanda in the gallery. She (wear) a lovely new dress. 10. Mary (play) the piano, Harry (watch) TV, I (type) my report when Don (come). 11. When I (be) a little girl, I (want) to be an actress. 12. When I (hear) his knock, I (go) to the door and (open) it, but I (not recognize) him at first because I (not wear) my glasses. 13. John (talk) to his boss when I (see) him last. 14. Susan (lift) her eyes from the book and (look) out of the window. It still (snow). 15. Your telegram (come) just as I (leave) home. 16. Ben (fall) and (hurt) himself when he (ride) his motorbike. 17. As I (walk) home yesterday, I (meet) a beggar, who (ask) me for some money. 18. Crosby (cross) the street when a car (push) him. 19. When the World War (begin), we (live) in Holland. 20. You (have) a good time at those parties? 21. They (go) out last night? – No, they (be) too tired. 22. What you (do) when the accident (happen)? 23. We (be) in a very difficult position. We (not know) what to do. 24. I (see) Ann in town yesterday, but she (not see) me, she (look) the other way. 25. I (meet) my friends at the airport a few weeks ago. They (go) to Berlin and I (go) to London. We (talk) while (wait) for our flights.
9. REACT TO THE QUESTIONS AFTER YOU READ THE SITUATIONS :
1. Mr. Collins got to the airport early. He sat in the lounge for a while. Then they called out his flight and he went to his plane.
He was sitting in the lounge when they called out his flight. He went to his plane when they called out his flight.
What did he do when he got to the airport? What was he doing when they called out his flight? What did he do when they called out his flight?
2. I gave an English lesson this morning. In the middle of it a bird flew in through the window. I stopped the lesson.
I was giving an English lesson when the bird flew in. I stopped the lesson when it flew in.
What happened in the middle of the lesson? What was I doing? What did I do? What do you think the students did? What do you think they were doing?
3. Limbo is a circus clown. His tricks are silly and not original but people often laugh at them. Last night Limbo began to dance with a monkey. Then he stepped on a banana skin, slipped and fell down.
He was dancing when he stepped on a banana skin. He slipped and fell down when he stepped on it.
Was that an original trick? What was he doing when he stepped on a banana skin? What did he do when he stepped on it?
10.CORRECT THE MISTAKES IF ANY :
1. Was you crying when I came in? 2. We were having dinner when aunt Asya arrived. 3. I was understanding what he was saying. 4. He hurted himself when he was playing tennis. 5. I was shoping while my mother was out. 6. Where did you be yesterday? 7. Who tought you English? 8. The car costed too much for me to buy it. 9. Was it rain there last year? 10. The girls were talking all the lesson. 11. She fell when she run for the bus. 12. Father was lying on the sofa while mother cleaned about the house. 13. When the teacher asked me a question, I was sleeping and didn’t heard anything. 14. She was thinking we were not ready for the lesson. 15. The students did their homework all the night before the exam. 16. Ann was choosing the coat for about five hours. I wanted to kill her. 17. When were you seeing her last? 18. We not were in the Academy yesterday. 19. When the accident happened? 20. Who you were talking over the phone to?
11. RESTORE THE SENTENCES :
1. Jane / while / husband 2. While / in / the / garden / my finger 3. you / at 8 a.m. / yesterday? 4. Mary / a letter / a phone 5.When / I / teacher / last 6. mother / dinner / father and I 7. they / supper / suddenly 8. We / the / film / the electricity 9. We / him / when / for the bus 10. I / in the sun / last summer
12. TRANSLATE FROM RUSSIAN INTO ENGLISH :
1. Они долго смотрели друг на друга. 2. Она потеряла ключи, когда спешила в институт. 3. Мы познакомились, когда сдавали вступительные экзамены. 4. Я окончила университет когда мне было 23 года. 5. Он вдруг понял, что едет не в ту сторону. 6. Мы как раз говорили о нем, когда он вошел. 7. Они пришли в то время, когда я работала в саду. 8. Я видел его в Лондоне неделю назад. 9. К ним подошел преподаватель, когда они списывали и отобрал шпаргалки. 10. Когда я приехал, она как раз уходила. 11. Что там произошло? 12. Они сидели в гостиной и обсуждали что-то важное. 13. Когда вы были здесь последний раз? 14. С кем это ты болтала по телефону вчера целый час? 15. Он остановился и пошел назад. 16. Ты видел его утром? – Да, он печатал отчет. 17. Студенты заканчивали тест, когда прозвенел звонок. 18. Я навещала их в Мае. 19. Кто это играл Моцарта, когда мы пришли? 20. Я подошла к окну и выглянула. Машина стояла там, где я ее оставила.
13. CHOOSE THE CORRECT VARIANT :
1.We were standing at the bus stop, when suddenly we…a crash.
a) heard b) were hearing c) hear d) are hearing
2. How fast….when the police stopped you?
a) did you drive b) was you driving c) were you driving d) were you drive
3. When we got off the bus, it… .
a) rained b) is raining c) were raining d) was raining
4. I recognized him at once. He….a bright shirt.
a) weared b) wear c) wore d) was wearing
5. While the mother…a bedtime story, the little boy…asleep.
a) told, fell b) was telling, felt c) was telling, fell d) told, was falling
6. a) We played tennis when it started to rain.
b) We were playing tennis when it was starting to rain.
c) We played tennis when it was starting to rain.
d) We were playing tennis when it started to rain.
7. The students…when the teacher…in.
a) were talking, came b) talking, came c) was talking, came d) talked, was coming
8. But they…at once when the teacher… .
a) stoped, was speaking b) stopped, was speaking c) stopped, spoke d) stop, speak
9. While he…, the students…down and…out their pens.
a)wrote, sat, took b)was writing, were sitting, took c)was writing, sat, took d)wrote, sit, took
10. When I…a little boy, I…cigarettes sometimes.
a) am, smoked, b) was, was smoking c) was, smoke d) was, smoked
11. When the bill…at 16.55., most of the students…. .
a) ringed, were still writing b) was ringing. wrote c) rang, write d) rang, were still writing
12. I…my note-book when I…to the office.
a) lost, was going b) was losing, was going c) lost, went d) losted, was going
13. It…while I….up the hill.
a) rained, was walking b) was raining, was walking c) was raining, walked d) rained, walked
14. I…. , so I missed what he said.
a) listened b) was listening c) wasn’t listening d) didn’t listened
15. Just as I…, the phone… .
a) left, rang b) was leaving, was ringing c) left, was ringing d) was leaving, rang
16. He had an accident, because he…too fast.
a) drove b) drived c) was driving d) driven
17. One day my father…us while we… .
a) saw, were smoking b) see, were smoking c) saw, smoked d) was seeing, smoked
18. The house…down when you… .
a) burn, slept b) burnt, were sleeping c) was burning, slept d) burned, slept
19. She didn’t see the bus. She…at the map.
a) is looking b) looks c) was looking d) was seeing
20. Where…last night?
a) you were b) did you be c) was you d) were you
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-12-12; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 18.104.22.168 (0.013 с.)