ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
VI. Dramatize the following dialogue.
A.: I heard you took a trip to Mexico.
B.: Yes, I did.
A.: How did you like it?
B.: I love travelling, but I love coming home, too! East or west, home is the best.
A.: Did you enjoy your vacation?
B.: It had its ups and downs, but I am really satisfied with it.
A.: What did you like the best?
B.: I was absolutely excited with the rafting trip we took to a small island.
A.: That sounds great. Did you like the extreme?
B.: I was happy to get some new experience and impressions. In fact, it’s unforgettable.
A.: What did you bring back for me?
B.: I’ve brought some souvenirs for you. I’ll give them to you as soon as I unpack.
A.: Next time, I am going to save up my money and go with you.
VII. Read the additional text, entitle it, discuss it with your group-mates.
A very popular method of travelling is hiking or camping. It is travelling on foot. Walking tours are very interesting. People go to campsites, which are usually near some lakes or mountains, with tents or caravans. While staying there you can go fishing, hiking, mountaineering, bicycling, swimming and sunbathing. People make food for themselves in nature, so there are lots of activities to do. Camping is the healthiest way of spending holidays.
If you like to hike and travel, then you’re a special kind of hiker, a travelling hiker. Travelling hikers have a spirit of adventure, a natural curiosity about people and places far from home, a sense of humor that enables them to take every curve in the road in stride and a young-at-heart spirit common to active people of all ages and stages of life. The travelling hiker also shares a love of nature, an appreciation of the green world and a desire to stay active and healthy while participating in a kind of travel that challenges body and mind.
I. Change the following from direct into indirect speech paying attention to the tense forms.
1. The travel agent said, “The coach leaves for the airport every morning.”
2. “The trip to Mexico brought me some new experience and impressions”, the traveller said to his college.
3. The tour guide said, “Our journey has come to an end.”
4. “No flight will be delayed because the weather conditions are perfect”, the airport attendant explained to me.
5. A travelling hiker answered, “I’m fishing, hiking, mountaineering, bicycling, swimming and sunbathing while staying at my campsite.”
6. The manager of the travel agency said, “We’ve been discussing advantages and disadvantages of bus travel about this area for an hour.”
7. “I was looking through the flight board when I met Den”, Lily said to me.
8. My seat mate said, “I am going on a guided tour to Rome. I have read a lot about this amazing city. Now I can see everything myself.”
II. Open the brackets using the verbs in an appropriate tense form.
1. We knew that, hiking (is/was) a very popular method of travelling among the youth.
2. Tom said that he (has been/was) absolutely excited with the rafting trip.
3. Ann promised that she (would/will) visit London soon.
4. The tour guide was sure that all tourists (had/have) already gathered in the hall.
5. The travel agent knew that the tourists (were/are) arriving to their destination.
6. The conductor said that we (have/had) two lower berths.
7. The air-hostess announced that we (are/were) landing.
8. The bus driver told that he (was/had been) working for that company for ten years.
III. Translate into English.
1. Нам повідомили, коли буде наступний поїзд до Києва.
2. Анна сказала, що вона була в Лондоні вже кілька раз.
3. Менеджер туристичного агенства повідомив, що немає квитків на цей рейс до Риму.
4. Стюардесса проінформувала пасажирів, що погодні умови сприятливі і що вони летять над Тихим океаном.
5. Пассажир сказав, що вже зареєстрував свій багаж.
6. Пішохідні туристи пообіцяли, що покажуть нам мальовничі місця цього регіону, коли ми приїдемо.
7. Мій брат розповів нам про відпустку, яку він провів на Чорному морі.
8. Анна підтвердила, що вона відпочивала на морському лайнері і задоволена круїзом та екскурсіями.
9. Я не очікувала, що мій рейс буде затримано, і я буду чекати в залі аеропорту більше, ніж дві години.
Types of Accommodation
Text:The Most Common Lodging
Grammar: Reported Speech
Read the text and answer the questions.
The Most Common Lodging
Nowadays there is a vast choice of great accommodation to suit every budget and every taste for those visiting another country or city. Guests can choose luxuriuos hotels, which seem to be expensive; B&B hotels, where you will get only breakfasts and a place to sleep; youth hostels, where you are meant to serve everything yourself and many other places to stay in. Sometimes it is even difficult to decide which to choose while travelling. It all depends on your requirements and how much you want to spend.
Some people enjoy staying in a hotel. City hotels are used by business travellers and tourists alike. Sure, it’s convenient. You have a chance to make a telephone call and reserve any room you want in a good time, to be confident by your arrival. Besides, you don’t need to serve yourself, everything will be done by the hotel staff. More than that, in the hotel you can be offered some interesting excursions and you can be sure that they are safe because the hotel is responsible for every offer.
Pensions or guest houses are very popular among the tourists looking for a more personal place to stay which will cost less. A guest house normally has at least 4 letting bedrooms, some with private facilities. Breakfast is available and evening meals may be provided. They are normally run by the owner(s).
Motels or lodges are overnight accommodation, which have enjoyed an increase in their business in recent years with the growing number of private car owners. A motel is a hotel mainly for motorists and located conveniently near major motorways.
B&B accommodation offers bed and breakfast, usually in a private house. B&Bs normally accommodate no more than 6 guests, and may or may not serve an evening meal. Staying at a B&B is a great way to experience life of local people. B&B prices vary depending on location, time of year and number of people. They are generally cheaper than hotels but some are more luxurious and prices reflect this. Facilities will differ between B&Bs, but usually rooms will include a sink and a bathroom, television, wardrobe, clean bed linen, towels and tea/coffee making facilities.
Hostels are low-cost accommodation. They generally provide private and shared rooms for individuals, couples or groups. Most hostels are self-catering, although some provide hot meals and refreshments. Prices vary depending on location, length of stay and time of year. Facilities vary from hostel to hostel – most will have a common room, a café/restaurant or self-catering kitchen so you can make your own meals, and lockers. But in some hostels (usually in bigger towns and cities) you’ll find Internet access, bars, game rooms, libraries, TV and laundry service.
If you’re looking for a home away from home, why not stay in self-catering accommodation, which usually comes in the form of an apartment or house? It’s a good idea for those who want to be free to organize everything when and how they like, they look after themselves. Generally, all self-catering properties are fully furnished and supplied with household equipment such as cutlery and crockery, although in some cases you’ll be charged extra for linen or towels as well as for gas and electricity.
1. Is there a great variety of accommodation nowadays?
2. What lodging is there available for guests to choose?
3. Why do many people prefer staying in hotels?
4. What is the difference between a hotel and a guest house?
5. Where are most motels located?
6. Why has the number ofmotels recently increased?
7. Is staying at B&B more expensive or cheaper than at the hotel?
8. What facilities do B&Bs usually offer?
9. Are hostels low-cost or highly priced?
10. What do prices for staying at the hostel depend on?
11. Who usually choosesself-catering accommodation?
12. Are self-catering properties fully furnished and supplied with household equipment?
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-04-08; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 220.127.116.11 (0.01 с.)