Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
UNIT 8. FUTURE SIMPLE, PRESENT SIMPLE OR PRESENT CONTINUOUS
Exercise 1. Which is right?
2. 'What will you do / are you doing tomorrow evening?' 'Nothing. I'm free.'
3. They'll go / They're going away tomorrow morning. Their train is at 8.40.
4. I'm sure she'll lend / she's lending us some money. She's very rich.
5. 'Why are you putting on your coat?' 'I'll go / I'm going out.'
6. Do you think Claire will phone / is phoning us tonight?
7. Steve can't meet us on Saturday. He'll work / He's working.
8. Will / Shall you be at home tomorrow evening?
Exercise 2. Which is right?
2. I haven't done the shopping yet. I do / I'll do it later.
3. I like sport. I watch /I'll watch a lot of sport on TV
4. I need some exercise. I think I go / I'll go for a walk.
5. Jim is going to buy / will buy a new car. He told me last week.
6. 'This letter is for Rose.' 'OK. I give / I'll give / I'm going to give it to her.'
7. A: Are you doing / Will you do anything this evening?
B: Yes, I'm going / I'll go out with some friends.
Exercise 3. Which is correct?
1. 'Did you phone Ruth?' 'Oh no, I forgot.
2. I can't meet you tomorrow afternoon. I'm playing /
3. 'I meet / I'll meet you outside the hotel in half an hour, OK?' 'Yes, that's fine.'
4. 'I need some money.' 'OK, I'm lending / I'll lend you some. How much do you need?'
5. I'm having / I'll have a party next Saturday. I hope you can come.
6. 'Remember to buy a newspaper when you go out.' 'OK. I don't forget / I won't forget.'
7. What time does your train leave / will your train leave tomorrow?
8. I asked Sue what happened but she doesn't tell / won't tell me.
9. 'Are you doing / Will you do anything tomorrow evening?' 'No, I'm free. Why?'
10. I don't want to go out alone. Do you come / Will you come with me?
11. It's a secret between us. I promise I don't tell /I won't tell anybody.
Exercise 4. Which form of the verb is correct (or more natural) in these sentences? The verbs are underlined.
1. Ann isn't free on Saturday.
2. I'll go / I'm going to a party tomorrow night. Would you like to come too?
3. I think Jane will get / is getting the job. She has a lot of experience.
4. I can't meet you this evening. A friend of mine will come / is coming to see me.
5. A: Have you decided where to go for your holidays?
6. There's no need to be afraid of the dog. It won't hurt / It isn't hurting you.
Exercise 5. A friend of yours is planning to go on holiday soon. You ask her about her plans. Use the words in brackets to make your questions.
Exercise 6. Have you arranged to do anything at these times? Write (true) sentences about yourself.
1. (this evening) I'm going out this evening. or I'm doing anything this evening, or I don't know what I'm doing this evening.
3. (tomorrow morning)
4. (tomorrow evening)
5. (tomorrow afternoon)
6. (next week end)
7. (next Monday)
8. (next week)
9. (next Sunday)
10. (choose another day or time)
Exercise 7. Put the verb into the more suitable form, present continuous or present simple.
1. I 'm going (go) to the theatre this evening. .
2. Does the film begin (the film/ begin) at 3.30 or 4.30?
3. We……(have) a party next Saturday. Would you like to come?
4. The art exhibition……(open) on 3 May and…… (finish) on 15 July.
5. I……(not/go) out this evening. I……(stay) at home.
6. '……(you/do) anything tomorrow morning?' 'No, I'm free. Why?'
7. We……(go) to a concert tonight. It…… (begin) at 7.30.
8. You are on the train to London and you ask another passenger: Excuse me. What time……(this train / get) to London?
9. You are talking to Ann: Ann, I……(go) to town……(you/come) with me?
10. Sue……(come) to see us tomorrow. She (travel) by train and her train……(arrive) at 10.15. I……(meet) her at the station.
11. I……(not/use) the car this evening, so you can have it.
12. You and a friend are watching television. Yои say: I'm bored with this program. When……(it/finish)?
Exercise 8. Write questions. All the sentences are future.
1. (you / go / out / tonight?) Are you going out tonight?
2. (you / work / next week?) ……
3. (what / you / do / tomorrow evening?) ……
4. (what time / your friends / arrive?) ……
5. (when / Liz / go / on holiday?) ……
Exercise 9. Write 10 sentences about yourself. What are you doing in the next few days?
1. I'm staying at home tonight.
2. I'm going to the theatre on Monday.
Exercise 10. Put the verb in the present continuous (he is leaving etc.) or present simple (the train leaves etc.).
1. 'Are you going (you/go) out this evening?' 'No, I'm too tired.'
2. We're going (we/go) to a concert this evening. It starts (it/start) at 7.30.
3. Do you know about Sally? ……(she/get) married next month!
4. A: My parents ……(go) on holiday next week.
B: Oh, that's nice. Where ……(they/go)?
5. Silvia is doing an English course at the moment. The course ……(finish) on Friday.
6. There's a football match tomorrow but …… (I/not/go).
7. ……(I/ go) out with some friends tonight. Why don't you come too? (we/meet) at John's house at 8 o'clock.
8. A: How …… (you/get) home after the party tomorrow? By taxi?
B: No, I can go by bus. The last bus …… (leave) at midnight.
9. A: Do you want to go to the cinema tonight?
B: Yes, what time …… (the film / begin)?
10. A: What …… (you/do) on Monday afternoon?
B: …… (I/work).
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2017-02-19; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 188.8.131.52 (0.003 с.)