Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
ITEM 2.4. PRESENT CONTINUOUS. REVIEW.
Exercise 1. What’s happening at the moment? Write true sentences.
1. (it/ snow) It’s snowing. OR It isn’t snowing.
2. (I/ wash/ my hair)
3. (I/ sit/ on a chair) ……
4. (I/ eat) ……
5. (it/ rain)……
6. (I/ learn/ English) ……
7. (I/ listen/ to music) ……
8. (the sun/ shine……
9. (I/ wear/ shoes) ……
10. (I/ read/ a newspaper)……
Exercise 2. Put the verb into the correct form. Sometimes you need the negative (I'm not doing etc.).
1. I'm tired. I …… (go) to bed now. Goodnight!
2. We can go out now. It …… (rain) any more.
3. 'How is your new job?' 'Not so good at the moment. I …… (enjoy) it very much.'
4. Catherine phoned me last night. She's on holiday in France. She……(have) a great time and doesn't want to come back.
5. I want to lose weight, so this week I……(eat) lunch.
6. Angela has just started evening classes. She……(learn) German.
7. I think Paul and Ann have had an argument. They……(speak) to each other.
Exercise 3. Read this conversation between Brian and Sarah. Put the verbs into the correct form.
SARAH: Brian! How nice to see you! What (1)……(you/do) these days?
BRIAN: I (2)……(train) to be a supermarket manager.
SARAH: Really? What's it like? (3)……(you/enjoy) it?
BRIAN: It's all right. What about you?
SARAH: Well, actually I (4)……(not/work) at the moment.
I (5)……(try) to find a job but it's not easy.
But I'm very busy. I (6)……(decorate) my flat.
BRIAN: (7)……(you/do) it alone?
SARAH: No, some friends of mine (8)…...(help) me.
Exercise 4. Put the verbs into the correct form. Remember, that these verbs are not normally used in the continuous tenses.
1. I not (to understand) what you (to mean).
2. I’m hungry. I (to want) something to eat.
3. Ann not (to seem) very happy at the moment.
4. You (to see) that man over there? – Where, I (not to see) anybody?
5. This room (to smell). – Let’s open a window.
6. I (not to know) what to give my brother for his birthday.
7. You (like) your present? – Yes, I (to like) it very much! It (to be ) gorgeous!
8. You are a liar, I (to hate) you!
9. You are a liar, I (not to believe) you!
10. The building (to need) quite a few repairs.
11. Would you like some tea? – I (to prefer) coffee.
12. Now we (to suppose) that the situation will improve.
13. Oh I (to remember) you! We worked together two years ago!
14. Your apple pie is wonderful! What it (to consist) of?
15. The value of Y (to depend) on X.
16. I (not can) eat it! I never eat garlic, and the food (to taste) of garlic.
17. Speak loudly! I (not to hear) you well!
Exercise 5. Put the verbs into the correct form. Remember, when think means ‘believe’, you don’t use the continuous.
1. I (to think) there’s no harm in it.
2. What you (to think) of this singer?
3. He (to think) of himself as a poet.
4. Everything may happen sooner than you (to think).
5. What she (to think) about?
6. My father (to think) twice before doing something.
7. Please (to think) for a moment before answering.
8. I often (to think) about it.
9. Sorry, I am not talking to you, I just (to think) aloud.
10. His mother (to think) of giving up her job.
Exercise 6. Put the verbs into the correct form. Remember, when have means ‘possess’, you don’t use the continuous.
1. She says she (to have) a wonderful time now.
2. I (to have) everything I want.
3. I (to have got) no money with me.
4. April (to have) 30 days.
5. We (not to have) time to stay.
6. My family (to have) breakfast now.
7. In the morning his mother (to have) coffee.
8. Her cousin (to have) a cold.
9. He (to have) a sandwich for his lunch now.
10. Ann (to have) long fair hair now.
Exercise 7. Put the verbs in Present Continuous.
1. Please don`t make so much noise. I am studying (study)
2. Let`s go out now. It isn`t raining (not/rain)
3. Please be quiet. I……(try) to concentrate.
4. Look! It……(snow).
5. Why……(you / look) at me like that? Have I said something wrong?
6. You…… make) a lot of noise. Can you be a bit quieter?
7. Excuse me. I……(look) for a phone box. Is there one near hear?
8. (in the cinema) It`s a good film, isn`t it?...... (you / enjoy) it?
9. Listen! Can you hear those people next door? They……(shout) at each other again.
10. I……(not / work) this week. I`m on holiday.
11. Why……(you / wear) your coat today? It`s very warm.
12. I want to lose weight. I……(not / eat) anything today.
UNIT3. PRESENT SIMPLE
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2017-02-19; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 18.104.22.168 (0.003 с.)