Заглавная страница Избранные статьи Случайная статья Познавательные статьи Новые добавления Обратная связь
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
UNIT 28. COUNTABLE/ UNCOUNTABLE
Exercise 1. Some of these sentences are right, but some of them need a/an. Put in a/an where necessary.
1. I haven't got watch.
2. Jamaica is island.
3. Do you like cheese?
4. I don't need key.
5. Ann never wears hat.
6. Everybody needs food.
7. Are you looking for job?
8. I've got good idea.
9. Mary doesn't eat meat.
10. Can you drive car?
11. Mary eats apple every day.
12. Do you want cup of coffee?
13. I'm going to party tonight.
14. I don't like coffee without milk.
15. Music is wonderful thing.
16. Don't go out without umbrella.
Exercise 2. Put in a/an or some.
1. I read …… book and listened to …… music.
2. I need …… money. I want to buy……food.
3. We met ……interesting people at the party.
4. I'm going to open ……window to get ……fresh air.
5. She didn't eat much for lunch — only ……apple and …… bread.
6. We live in …big house. There's ……nice garden with ……beautiful trees.
7. I'm going to make a table. First I need …… wood.
8. Listen to me carefully. I'm going to give you ……advice
9. I want to write a letter. I need ……paper and …… pen.
Exercise 3. Which is right?
1. I'm going to buy some new shoe/shoes.
2. Martin has got brown eye/eyes.
3. Paula has got short black hair/hairs.
4. The tourist guide gave us some information/informations about the town.
5. We're going to buy some new chair/chairs.
6. We're going to buy some new furniture/furnitures.
7. It's difficult to get a work/job at the moment.
8. We had lovely weather / a lovely weather when we were on holiday.
Exercise 4. Some of these sentences need a/an. Correct the sentences which are wrong. If the sentence is already correct, put 'right'.
1. Jim goes everywhere by bike. He hasn't got car.
2. Ann was listening to music when I arrived.
3. We went to very nice restaurant last weekend.
4. I clean my teeth with toothpaste.
5. I use toothbrush to clean my teeth.
6. Can you tell me if there's bank near here?
7. My brother works for insurance company in London.
8. I don't like violence.
9. Can you smell paint?
10. We need petrol. I hope we come to petrol station soon.
11. I wonder if you can help me. I have problem.
12. John has got interview for job tomorrow.
13. Liz doesn't usually wear jewellery but yesterday she was wearing necklace.
14. I think volleyball is very good game.
Exercise 5. Complete the sentences using one of the following words. Use a/an where necessary.
biscuit blood coat decision electricity key music letter moment question sugar accident
1. It wasn't your fault. It was …...
2. Listen! Can you hear …...?
3. I couldn't get into the house because I didn't have……
4. It's very warm today. Why are you wearing……?
5. Do you take……in your coffee?
6. Are you hungry? Would you like……with your coffee?
7. Our lives would be very difficult without……
8. I didn't phone them. I wrote……instead……
9. The heart pumps……through the body.
10. Excuse me, but can I ask you……?
11. I'm not ready yet. Can you wait……, please?
12. We can't delay much longer. We have to make……soon.
Exercise 6. Complete the sentences using one of the following words. Sometimes the word needs to be plural (s).
I. air country day friend meat language letter patience people queue space picture
1. I had my camera but I didn't take many ……
2. There are seven……in a week.
3. A vegetarian is a person who doesn't eat……
4. Outside the cinema there was……of people waiting to see the film.
5. I'm not very good at writing……
6. Last night I went out with some……of mine.
7. There were very few……in the shops today. They were almost empty.
8. I'm going out for a walk. I need some fresh……
9. George always wants things quickly. He's got no……
10. Do you speak any foreign……?
11. Jane travels a lot. She has been to many……
12. Our flat is very small. We haven’t got much ……
II. chair experience experience furniture hair information luggage job permission progress work
1. I didn't have much ….. -just two small bags.
2. They'll tell you all you want to know. They'll give you plenty of……
3. There is room for everybody to sit down. There are plenty of ……
4. We have no……, not even a bed or a table.
5. 'What does Alan look like?' ' He's got a long beard and very short …… '
6. Carla's English is better than it was. She's made……
7. George is unemployed. He's looking for a……
8. George is unemployed. He's looking for……
9. If you want to leave work early, you have to ask for……
10. I don't think Ann will get the job. She hasn't got enough
11. Rita has done many interesting things. She should write a book about her ……
Exercise 7. What do you say in these situations? Complete the sentences using one of the words from the list.
news luggage advice weather information
1. Your friends have just arrived at the station. You can't see any suitcases or bags. You ask them: Do you have ……?
2. You go into the tourist office. You want to know about places to see in the town. You say: I'd like……
3. You are a student at school. You want your teacher to advise you about which examinations to take. You say: Can you give me ……?
4. You want to watch the news on TV but you don't know what time it is on. You ask your friend: What time …… ?
5. You look out of the window. The weather is horrible: cold, wet and windy. You say to your friend: What …… !
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2017-02-19; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 18.104.22.168 (0.003 с.)