Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Дієслово to be у теперішньому часі (Present Indefinite Tense)
Дієслово to be у минулому часі (Past Indefinite Tense)
Дієслово to be у майбутньому часі (Future Indefinite Tense)
The Present Indefinite Tense
I work I don’twork
You work You don’t work
He worksHe doesn’twork
It works Interrogative
We work Do I work?
You work Does he (she) work?
Exercise 1 Put the following sentences into the singular form:
Model: They speak German.
He speaks German.
1. They do their shopping every day. 2. My friends spend their holidays in the Crimea every year. 3. My neighbours work in Kyiv, they go there by train. 4. The students write their reports and make them orally in class. 5. Both friends generally go to the gym twice a week. 6. These students go to class every day. They stay at the Institute till 4 o’clock. After that they go home.
Exercise 2 Make these sentences negative:
Model: My office is far. – My office isn’t far.
He wakes up early. – He doesn’t wake up early.
1. She uses her glasses for reading. 2. We eat our breakfast in a hurry. 3. They want to see their new house. 4. The weather is generally good at this time of the year. 5. I like my new car. 6. My home is near the corner. 7. She understands English well. 8. It is useful to write exercises. 9. They open all the windows when they go away. 10. He is my best friend.
Exercise 3 Put the verb “to be” into Present Indefinite.
1. What … your address? – My address … 175 Grand Central Parkway. 2. Where … you from? – I … from New York. 3. ... they at home? – No, they … not at home. 4. … you an engineer? – Yes, I … . 5. Where … you? – I … in the kitchen. 6. It … ten o’clock. She … late again. 7. What …the time, please? – Two o’clock. 8. The game … not worth the candle. 9. Two heads … better than one. 10. Coffee … very expensive this week. 11. What … the weather forecast for tomorrow? 12. Art … long, life … short. 13. You … the best friend I’ve ever had.
Exercise 4 Ask questions about the subject or attribute.
Model: 1. My sister often goes to the pictures. (Who?)
Who often goes to the pictures?
2. Their friends speak English well. (Whose?)
Whose friends speak English well?
1. Bad students never work hard. (What?)
2. We listen to the news in the evening. (Who?)
3. My parents usually spend their holiday at the sea side. (Whose?)
4. His wife goes to the office in the morning. (Who?)
5. My friend learns French. (Whose?)
6. They watch television every evening. (Who?)
7. Students frequently make mistakes in the use of tenses. (Who?)
Exercise 5 Form special questions:
Model: They love to go to the pictures. (Where?)
Where do they love to go?
1. The Smiths live in that white house. (Where?)
2. These men go to town every day. (How often?)
3. Mary does her work quickly. (How?)
4. She travels a lot in summer. (What?)
5. Mother wakes him up at seven o’clock. (When?)
6. They want to buy some toys for their children. (For whom?)
7. We always do English on Mondays. (On what days?)
8. I like that green hat best. (Which?)
9. The book costs two dollars. (How much?)
10. She reads much because she wants to know the language. (Why?)
Exercise 6 Give a negative ending to the sentence according to the
Model: Gim speaks German … (Polish).
Gim speaks German, but he doesn’t speak Polish.
1. Mr. Cook writes newspaper reports … (book).
2. Grandmother does all the cooking … (the shopping).
3. Brian drives a motor-cycle … (a car).
4. My sister plays tennis, … (basketball).
5. I like serious music … (jazz).
6. These workers build blocks of flats, … (factories).
Exercise 7 Agree with the following statements.
Model: 1.She wants to go to the pictures. – So she does.
2. Mike is a good student. – Yes, he is.
1. He knows English well. So … . 2. My wife likes to play the piano. So … . 3. The dress looks well. Yes, … . 4. This picture is very beautiful. Yes, … . 5. My wife is very fond of music. So … . 6. Under the window there is a radiator. Yes, … . 7. Dick is an inventor. So … . 8. This man lives next door to me. Yes, ... .
Exercise 8 Put the verbs in brackets into Present Indefinite.
1. Anything that he (to say) (to be) worth listening to. 2. Our friends (to live) in a house that (to stand) on a hill that (to overlook) the Dnipro which (to be) so beautiful. 3. What this sentence (to mean)? 4. Nick (to be) one of the cleverest boys that we (to have). 5. My working day (to begin) at seven o’clock. 6. It usually (to take) me fifteen minutes to get to work. 7. My father and I (to leave) home very early. He (to take) a bus to his factory, I (to go) on foot. 8. Jane (to be) fond of sports. 9. She (to do) her morning exercises every day. 10. For breakfast she (to have) two eggs and a cup of tea. 11. He normally (not to have) breakfast. 12. What time Andrea usually (to get) up? 13. When she (to catch) the bus? 14. She (to take) a shower in the morning? 15. When she (to go) swimming? 16. How she (to get) to the pool? 17. What she (to do) on Saturday evenings?
Exercise 9 Translate into English.
1. Я студент. Я з України. 2. Ти також студент? – Так. Де ти навчаєшся? – В університеті. 3. Моя сестра вдома, а де твоя сестра? 4. Це моя сумка. В ній багато олівців. 5. Ми працюємо, а вона – ні. 6. Мій брат не навчається. Він працює. 7. Коли у тебе наступні канікули? – В січні. 8. Мій дядя – інженер. Його робочий тиждень починається рано вранці. Він встає о сьомій годині, вмивається, одягається і снідає. Після сніданку він іде на роботу. 9. Ти інженер. 10. Ви інженери. 11. Він хворіє, а ти не хворієш? – Ні, я не хворію.
The Past Indefinite Tense
I workedI didn’t work
You worked You didn’t work
He workedHe didn’t work
She worked Interrogative
It worked Did I work?
We worked Didyou work?
You worked Didhe work?
Exercise 1 Put the verb “to be” in Past Indefinite.
My aunt … very depressed last Sunday. The weather … terrible. It … cold and rainy. Her husband … not at home. He … at hospital because he … sick. Her children … not at school. They … not in the yard, they … in the living room. The TV … broken. The children … not only upset, they … very angry. The neighbors … not happy because her children … too noisy and their house … not clean. There ... dirty dishes on the kitchen table and in the sink. There … not even bread in the house. The aunt … tired and hungry.
Exercise 2 Put the sentences into the interrogative form:
Model: He learned English at school. (Where?)
Where did he learn English?
1. It rained heavily during the night. (When?)
2. We had supper at 8 o’clock. (What time?)
3. I drank two cups of coffee. (How much?)
4. He wrote three letters last night. (How many?)
5. My sister read a book yesterday. (What?)
6. They took a plane because it was faster than a train. (Who?)
7. I used Kate’s book. (Whose?)
8. They traveled by sea. (How?)
9. He stayed in London only for two days. (How long?)
Exercise 3 Answer negatively.
Model: Did you take my pencil? (No / your pen)
No, I didn’t I took your pen.
1. Did you have coffee for dinner? (No / tea)
2. Did they eat meat at supper? (No / fish)
3. Did she go by car? (No / by train)
4. Did they read Byron in class? (No / Shelly)
5. Did Mother buy any apples? (No / oranges)
6. Did you swim in the river? (No / in the lake)
7. Did they find her at home? (No / in the library)
8. Did he leave his bicycle in the yard? (No / in the garden)
9. Did you meet her on Monday? (No / on Friday)
10. Did you send Polly to aunt Kate? (No / to Uncle Jack)
Exercise 4 Change the place of the direct and the indirect.
Model: 1. He lent me a book. He lent a book to me.
2. She bought me a tie. She bought a tie for me.
1. He sent his mother a present.
2. She handed me the prize.
3. We bought her this bunch of flowers.
4. She showed her friend her new flat.
5. He gave me some advice.
6. He wrote me a long letter.
Exercise 5 Write the text in the Past Indefinite Tense. Retell it.
On Tuesday I get up at half past six. I jump out of bed and run to the bathroom where I wash my face and hands and clean my teeth. Then I dress, go to the kitchen and cook breakfast for my family. My brother gets up when it is already quite light and he has just time to take a cold shower and drink a glass of tea with bread and butter. He is in a hurry to catch the eight o’clock bus. He has five lessons at school. The first lesson is Ukrainian. At this lesson the pupils write a dictation and do some exercises. Nick goes to the blackboard and answers well. I don’t work in the morning. I work in the afternoon and in the evening I am at home. We watch TV, read newspapers and do some work about the house.
Exercise 6 Use the Past Indefinite Tense:
1. What your neighbors (to do) yesterday? 2. Her brothers (to shout) at her. 3. She (to bake) a delicious apple pie. 4. I (not to drink) coffee in the morning. 5. I (to go) to the library and (to take) a book. 6. I (to be) the captain of the tennis team last year. 7. They (to be) there less that nine months ago. 8. He (to come) to see me the day before yesterday. 9. I (to see) a light in your house as I (to pass). 10. When Andrew (to return) home he (to meet) John, (to look) at him, (to stand) for a moment, (to turn) and (to go) away.
Exercise 7 Use Present or Past Indefinite:
1. His sister (to study) English every day. 2. She (to study) English two hours ago. 3. You (to come) home at six o’clock yesterday? – No, I … . Yesterday I (to come) home at seven. I (to be) very tired. I (to have) dinner with my family. After dinner I (to be) very thirsty. I (to drink) two cups of tea. Then I (to rest). 4. I (to go) to bed at ten o’clock every day. 5. I (not to have) history lessons every day. 6. We (not to rest) yesterday. 7. My mother always (to take) a bus to get to work, but yesterday she (not to take) a bus, she (to walk) to her office. 8. You (to talk) to the members of your family every day? – Yes, I … . But yesterday I (not to talk) to them: I (to be) very busy yesterday. 9. Your sister (to go) to school every day? – Yes, she … . 10. Mary (to like) writing stories. 11. Last week she (to write) a funny story about her pet. 12. We (to like) to go to the beach. We (to enjoy) swimming in the ocean last weekend.
Exercise 8 Use Present or Past Indefinite.
1. Tom always (to eat) breakfast. 2. Yesterday he (not to eat) breakfast because he (to get) up late. 3. We (to like) to cook but we (not to like) to wash the dishes. 4. He never (to shout) at his students. He (to be) a wonderful teacher, I remember. 5. My friend (to know) French very well. 6. Who (to ring) you up an hour ago? 7. He (to live) on the third floor. 8. It (to take) you long to find his house yesterday? 9. When your lessons (to be) over on Monday? 10. I (not to have) dinner with my family yesterday. 11. You always (to get) up at seven o’clock? – No, sometimes I (to get) up at half past seven. 12. Who (to paint) the world-known picture “Mona Lisa”? 13. Steven’s friends (to come) to his birthday party last night and (to give) him wonderful presents. His parents (to cook) a special dinner for him. His girlfriend (to promise) to come, but she (not to be) there. He (to try) to phone. He (to be) really upset. Only she (not to wish) him a Happy Birthday.
Exercise 9 Translate into English:
1. Я зустріла його завдяки своїм батькам. 2. Я не бачила її, коли була у Києві. 3. Що з вами учора трапилось? 4. Вони повернулись додому о 6 годині ранку. 5. Чому ви вчасно не прийшли на лекцію? 6. Коли ви почали вивчати англійську мову? 7. Вона сіла в автобус чи в машину? 8. Погода була чудова. Було тепло і сонячно. 9. Мої діти були у школі, а чоловік – на роботі. 10. Я була у саду. Там було багато красивих квітів. Це було у травні. Я була щаслива.
The Future Indefinite Tense
I shallworkI shan’twork
You will workYou won’t work
He willwork He won’twork
We shallwork Shall Iwork?
You willwork Will hework?
They willwork Will youwork?
Exercise 1 Put the verbs in brackets into the Future Indefi-
1. I (to know) the result in a week. 2. You (to be) in Kyiv tonight? 3. You (to have) time to help me tomorrow. 4. I want to get a medical checkup. I (to go) to my doctor tomorrow. 5. He (to give) you the article if you ask him. 6. I am sure that you (to like) our new house. 7. You (to need) a visa if you are going to England. 8. It (to rain). Look at those clouds. 9. I (not to stay) here another minute. 10. I (to stop) here for a moment to get some petrol. 11. Your brother (to go) to the exhibition next Sunday? 12. We (to go) to the zoo tomorrow? 13. If you translate this article into English, I (to use) it in my report. 14. I (to be able) to translate this article if you give me a dictionary.
Exercise 2 Use “to be going” + Indefinite form in the following sen-
Model: I’ll see you tomorrow.
I’m going to see you tomorrow.
1. We shall choose some new books in this shop. 2. I shall have holidays in winter. 3. Will you order lunch for two? 4. He’ll show you round the campus. 5. She’ll be married in spring. 6. I won’t be present at the party. 7. Will he go to the airport soon? 8. She will buy a return ticket to Glasgow.
Exercise 3 Write down the answers to the following questions using the
word combinations in brackets as in the model:
Model: What will you do when you have spare time? (to go to the cinema)
When I have spare time I shall go to the cinema.
1. What will you do if you get a new flat? (to buy a set of furniture)
2. What will she do when she graduates from the University? (to work at a plant)
3. Where will they live when they get married? (in London)
4. What will you do after you pass the exams? (to go to a concert)
5. What will he do if his TV-set is out of order? (to buy a new one)
6. What will she do if she doesn’t find them at home? (to ring them up later on)
Exercise 4 Read the dialogues and learn them by heart.
1) I’ll be happy to show you round my Я буду щасливий показати
city. тобі моє місто.
That’ll be nice of you. Це буде люб’язно з твого боку
2) What about a cup of tea? А як щодо чаю?
Yes, that would be nice. Так, це було б добре.
I’ll go and put the kettle on. Я піду поставлю чайник.
You sit down. I’ll do it. Ти сиди, я це зроблю.
Where shall I put the cups? Куди поставити чашки?
On the little table, I think. Гадаю, на маленький стіл.
3) Where will I find you? Де я тебе знайду?
I’ll wait for you in the hall. Я почекаю тебе у холі.
Don’t be long. Не затримуйся.
I’ll come as soon as I can. Я прийду, як тільки зможу.
I don’t think I’ll be long. Не думаю, що дуже затрима-
4) Do you want to go to the party Ти не хочеш піти зі мною на
with me? вечоринку?
Yes, I’d love to. Так, залюбки.
Where and when shall we meet? Де і коли ми зустрінемось?
At the entrance at 6 p.m. На вході о 6 годині вечора.
Does it suit you? Тебе це влаштовує?
Yes, certainly. – By the way, what Так, звичайно. – Між іншим,
did you do on the weekend? що ти робив у вихідні?
I went to see some friends and Я був у друзів і дивився телеві-
watched TV. зор.
Who was with you? Хто був з тобою?
My elder brother was. Мій старший брат.
What was the weather like? А яка була погода?
It was fine. Чудова.
I see. Зрозуміло.
Exercise 5 Translate into English:
1. Цікаво, коли вони повернуться? 2. Ви відразу впізнаєте його, як тільки побачите. 3. Я повідомлю йому цю новину, як тільки він сюди прийде. 4. Я не пам’ятаю, коли вони повернуться. 5. Якщо він запізниться, ми підемо без нього. 6. Якщо ви зразу не підете, ви запізнитесь на потяг. 7. Ви не будете знати англійської мови, поки не почнете багато працювати. 8. Як тільки я приїду додому, я обов’язково вам напишу. 9. Коли стемніє, ми включимо світло.
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 22.214.171.124 (0.014 с.)