ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Грамматика. Сборник упражнений 4
Стр 1 из 9Следующая ⇒
Грамматика. Сборник упражнений 4
Упр. 1. Вставьте артикль, где необходимо.
I knew ... man who had travelled very much in his life. He had visited many ... countries in ... east and in ... west. He loved ... children and often told them ... interesting stories. I remember some of... stories which he told me. One of ... stories was about ... adventure he had had in ... London. He was ... young man at that time and was interested in ... history of ... architecture. One day he visited one of ... towers of ... Houses of ... Parliament. He came out on to ... balcony of ... tower and began to look at ... ornaments on ... walls. Then he climbed up on ... roof. Suddenly ... man came running to him and seized him by ... arm. He began shouting something in ... English, but my friend knew only a few words of ... English and did not understand him. ... Englishman called ... policeman. ... fact was that he thought that ... Russian tourist wanted to kill himself by jumping from ... top of ... tower. Later, when everything became clear, they laughed ... lot over it.
Упр. 2. Вставьте артикль, где необходимо.
1. Everyone in our country knows Lomonosov, ,.. founder of ... first Russian university. 2. Nekras-ov ... famous Russian poet, described ... life of ... Russian peasants. 3. I don't want to miss ... concert which will take place at ... Philharmonic on .,. 15th of ... April. 4. He graduated from ... university six years ago. Now he is ... scientist. And though he is ... young scientist, his name is well known. 5. My aunt is ... teacher of ... physics. 6, Yesterday I read ... book by Dickens, ... famous English writer. 7. I am sorry, I don't know ... way to ... nearest cafe: I am ... stranger here myself. 8. ... town I was born in is on ... Volga. 9. Who is ... author of this book? 10. ... quarter of ... hour was left before ... beginning of ... concert. We entered ... hall and saw ... group of ... pupils of our school. We joined them. 11. During ... vacation I attended some interesting lectures. I remember two of ... lectures best of all. They were about ... Russian music. 12. I am sure he won't stay in ... town for ... vacation. 13. Two weeks are left before ... end of ... school year. ... examinations are coming. On ... first of ... June we shall take ... examination in ... literature. 14. Today is my day off. I am going to spend ... day in ... country. 15. My brother brought ... new book yesterday. When I looked at ... title, I was very glad: it was ... book which I had wanted to get for ... long time. 16. My sister is acquainted with ... actor who played ... leading part in ... play you saw yesterday. 17. "What ... river is ... longest in ... Europe?" "Why, what... strange question to ask! Any schoolboy can tell you that it is ... Volga." 18. I am afraid you will have ... lot of ... trouble with this business. 19. ... day was not bright yesterday. ... sky was covered with ... clouds.
Упр. 3. Вставьте артикль, где необходимо.
...English king Richard the Lion Heart was ... tall, strong man. He was very proud of his strength and liked to show ... people how strong he was. Once, as he was riding on ... horseback in ... country-side, his horse lost ... shoe. Luckily he was not far from ... village and soon he found ... blacksmith. "Give me ... good horseshoe," he said to ... man. ... blacksmith gave ... king ... horseshoe. Richard took it in his hand and broke it in two. "This horseshoe is no good," he said, "give me ... better one." ... blacksmith did not say ... word. He gave ... king ... other horseshoe, but Richard broke it, too. The blacksmith gave him a third shoe. This time Richard was satisfied and ordered ... black-smith to shoe his horse. When ... work was done, Richard offered ... man ... coin. ... blacksmith took ... coin between his fingers and broke it in two. Now it was Richard's turn to be surprised. He took ... larger coin out of his pocket and handed it to ... blacksmith. ... man broke it, too, saying: "This coin is no good, give me ... better one." Richard smiled and gave ... man ... gold coin.
Упр. 17. Перефразируйте следующие словосочетания и предложения, употребляя притяжательный падеж.
1. The room of my friend. 2. The questions of my son. 3. The wife of my brother. 4. The table of our teacher. 5. The poems of Pushkin. 6. The voice of this girl. 7. The new club of the workers. 8. The letter of Pete. 9. The car of my parents. 10. The life of this woman. 11. The handbags of these women. 12. The flat of my sister is large. 13. The children of my brother are at home. 14. The room of the boys is large. 15. The name of this girl is Jane. 16. The work of these students is interesting.
Упр. 18. Вставьте some, any, no, every или их производные.
1. Can I have ... milk? - - Yes, you can have .... 2. Will you have ... tea? 3. Give me ... books, please. I have ... to read at home. 4. Put ... sugar in her tea: she does not like sweet tea. 5. Is ... the matter with you? Has ... offended you? I see by your face that ... has happened. 6. We did not see ... in the hall. 7. ... was present at the lesson yesterday. 8. He is busy. He has ... time to go to the cinema with us. 9. Do you need ... books to prepare for your report? 10. Have you ... questions? Ask me ... you like, I shall try to answer ... question. 11. ... liked that play: it was very dull. 12. If ... is ready, we shall begin our experiment.
Упр. 25. Вставьте much или many.
1. Please don't put ... pepper on the meat. 2. There were ... plates on the table. 3. I never eat I... bread with soup. 4. Why did you eat so ... ice-cream? 5. She wrote us ... letters from the country. 6. ... of these students don't like to look up words in the dictionary. 7. ... in this work was too difficult for me. 8. ... of their answers were excellent. 9. ... of their conversation was about the institute. 10. There are ... new pictures in this room. ll. There are ... teachers at our school, and ... of them are women. 12. ... of these plays are quite ... new. 13. Thanks awfully for the books you sent me yesterday. - - Don't mention it, it wasn't ... bother. 14. ... of her advice was useful. 15. He had ... pairs of socks.
Упр. 29. Вставьте as ... as или so ... as.
1. Mike is ... tall ... Pete. 2. Kate is not ... nice ... Ann. 3. My room is ... light ... this one. 4. This book is not ... thin ... that one. 5. Sergei is... old ... Michael. 6. She is ... young ... Tom's brother. 7. This woman is ... good ... that one. 8. Nick's English is not ... good ... his friend's. 9.1 am not ... tall ... Pete. 10. This woman is ... young ... that one. 12. I am ... thin ... you. 13. Kate is ... lazy ... her ‘brother. 14. This child is not . . small . . that one.
Упр. 30. Вставьте as ... as, so ... as или than.
1. Our house is not ... big ... yours. 2. The new cinema in our district is much bigger ... the old one. 3. We are ... proud of our district ... you are of yours. 4. The house I live in is ... old ... the one my sister lives in. 5. Exercise No.2 is easier ... Exercise No.3. 6. Nevsky Prospect is more beautiful ... our street. 7. My composition is not ... long ... yours.
Упр. 31. Раскройте скобки, употребляя требующуюся форму прилагательного.
1. This man is (tall) than that one. 2. Asia is (large) than Australia. 3. The Volga is (short) than the Mississippi. 4. Which building is the (high) in Moscow? 5. Mary is a (good) student than Lucy. 6, The Alps are (high) than the Urals. 7. This garden is the (beautiful) in our town. 8. She speaks Italian (good) than English. 9. Is the word "newspaper" (long) than the word "book"? 10. The Thames is (short) than the Volga. 11. The Arctic Ocean is (cold) than the Indian Ocean. 12. Chinese is (difficult) than English. 13. Spanish is (easy) than German. 14. She is not so (busy) as I am. 15. It is as (cold) today as it was yesterday. 16. She is not so (fond) of sports as my brother is. 17. Today the weather is (cold) than it was yesterday. 18. This book is (interesting) of all I have read this year. 19. January is the (cold) month of the year. 20. My sister speaks English (bad) than I do. 21. Which is the (hot) month of the year? 22. Which is the (beautiful) place in this part of the country? 23. This nice-looking girl is the (good) student in our group.
Упр. 32. Раскройте скобки, употребляя требующуюся форму прилагательного.
1. Oil is (light) than water. 2. We shall wait for a (dry) day to go on the excursion. 3. A bus is (fast) than a tram. 4. Take some of these sweets: they are very (nice). They are (nice) than the sweets in that box. 5. He clearly did not like the explanation, and as he listened to it, he became (angry) and (angry). 6. He worked (hard) and (hard) as the end of the term came nearer. 7. The (tall) trees in the world grow in California. 8. Please be (careful) next time and don't spill the milk again. 9. Bobby was a (quiet) child. He was (quiet) than his sister. 10. Her eyes are (grey) than mine. 11. He was the (fat) man in the village. 12. As he went on, the box became (heavy) and (heavy). 13. My sister is the (tall) girl in her class. 14. Who is the (attentive) student in your group? 15. It is autumn. Every day the air becomes (cold), the leaves (yellow). 16. This is the (beautiful) view I have ever seen in my life. 17. Your handwriting is now (good) than it was last year; but still it is not so (good) as Nick's handwriting. Nick has a (good) handwriting than you. And of course Nellie has the (good) handwriting of all.
Упр. 33. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple или Past Continuous.
1. When I (to come) home, my little sister (to sleep). 2. When Nick (to come) home, his brother (to play) with his toys. 3. When mother (to come) home, I (to do) my homework. 4. When father (to come) home, Pete (to sleep). 5. When mother (to come) home, the children (to play) on the carpet. 6. When I (to get) up, my mother and father (to drink) tea. 7. When I (to come) to my friend's place, he (to watch) TV. 8. When I (to see) my friends, they (to play) football. 9. When I (to open) the door, the cat (to sit) on the table.
10. When Kate (to open) the door, the children (to dance) round the fir-tree. 11. When Tom (to cross) the street, he (to fall). 12. When I (to go) to school, I (to meet) my friend. 43. When we (to go) to the cinema, we (to meet) grandmother. 14. When grandmother (to go) home, she (to see) many children in the yard. 15. When Henry (to walk) about in the forest, he (to find) a bear cub. 16. When we (to walk) about in the forest, we (to see) a hare. 17. When I (to wash) the floor, I (to find) my old toy under the sofa. 18. When granny (to read) a book on the sofa, she (to fall) asleep. 19. When I (to play) in the yard, I suddenly (to see) my old friend. 20. When Nick (to run) about in the yard, he (to fall).
Упр. 35. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple или Past Continuous.
1. They (to drink) tea when I (to come) home. 2. He (to walk) along the river when a boat (to pass). 3. The old man (to think) about his plan when he (to fall) asleep. 4. We (to listen) to an interesting lecture yesterday. 5. When I (to enter) the classroom, the teacher (to write) words on the blackboard and the pupils (to copy) them into their exercise-books. 6. They (to get) ready to go out when it (to begin) raining. 7. Yesterday at one o'clock I (to have) lunch at the canteen. 8. When he (to come) in, I (to do) my exercises. 9. What you (to do) at eight o'clock yesterday? 10. At this time yesterday I (to go) home. 11. You (to sleep) when I (to go) out. 12. He (to read) on the sofa when I (to come) in and (to sit) down beside him. 13. I (to walk) along the street with my friend when a tram (to pass). 14. She (to look) out of the window when I (to see) her. 15. We (to answer) the teacher's questions when the headmistress (to enter) the classroom.
Упр. 36. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple или Past Continuous.
1. When I (to ring) up my friend, he (to sleep). 2. When grandfather (to watch) TV, he (to fall) asleep. 3. When my friend (to come) to see me, I (to do) my homework. 4. When I (to go) to the stadium, I (to meet) Kate and Ann. 5. When Nick (to ring1) me up yesterday, I (to help) mother. 6. When the children (to walk) through the wood, they (to see) a fox. 7. When I (to come) home, my sister (to wash) the floor. 8. When Mike (to play) in the yard, he (to find) a ball. 9. When I (to draw) yesterday, I (to break) two pencils. 10. When I (to meet) Tom, he (to go) to the shop. 11. When I (to look) out of the window, the children (to play) hide-and-seek. 12. I (to go) to the theatre yesterday. 13. At seven o'clock yesterday I (to go) to the theatre. 14. What you (to do) at 5 o'clock yesterday? -I (to play) the piano. 15. When I (to come) to ' school, the children (to stand) near the classroom. 16. We (to play) in the yard the whole evening yesterday. 17. When I (to prepare) breakfast in the morning, I (to cut) my finger. 18. Last year I (to go) to the United States. 19, You (to go) to Great Britain last year? -- No, I (to go) to France. 20. What you (to do) yesterday? — I (to translate) a very long article.
Упр. 37 Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple или Past Continuous.
The sun (to go) down behind the hills when I (to reach) a village which (to be) only a few miles from the sea. The working day (to be) over, and the villagers (to come) home from the fields. Along the road two boys (to drive) cows and sheep in the direction of the village. I (to approach) a group of people standing near the road and (to ask) them if I could find a place in the village to spend the night. An old man (to say) he would help me. He (to take) me to his small cottage at the far end of the street. A fire (to burn) in the stove when we (to enter) the house. One girl of about eighteen (to prepare) supper in the kitchen while two other girls still (to do) something in the kitchen garden near the house. The old man (to invite) me to have supper with them. They all (to seem) to be nice people and we (to have) a friendly talk. After supper my 'new friends and I (to go) out into the garden. The moon (to shine) high in the sky, and the night (to be) warm and beautiful. That evening (to be) very pleasant, and I shall remember it a long time.
Упр. 38. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple или Past Continuous.
We (to walk) down the street in the direction of , Mike's house, when we (to see) him in the window of a bus that (to pass) by. He (to recognize) us, too, I but he could not get off as the bus (to be) overcrowded. We (to be) very sorry that we (to have) no ; chance to speak to him. But we could do nothing j and (to decide) to go back. At that very moment we I (to hear) Mike's voice behind us. "How funny," he f (to say), "I (to go) to your place when I suddenly (to I see) you here. I am so glad to see you."
Упр. 39. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Perfect или Past Simple.
1. Не (to be) abroad five years ago. 2. You (to be) in the Caucasus last year? 3. They (to leave) England when he (to be) still a child. 4. He (not yet to come) back. 5. He (to go) already? 6. When you (to see) him last? 7. I (not to see) him for ages. 8. His health (to improve) greatly since I (to see) him last. 9. Last night I (to feel) tired and (to go) to bed very early. 10. Where you (to spend) your holidays? 11. You ever (to spend) your holidays in the Crimea? 12. While travelling in the Crimea I (to meet) your friend. 13. I never (to visit) that place. 14. He (to visit) that place last year. 15. I just (to get) a letter from Tom. 16. You (to take) any photographs while travelling in the south?
Упр. 40. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Perfect или Past Simple.
1. The sun (not to rise) yet, but the sky in the east is getting lighter every minute. 2. I (to see) you walking along the street the other day with a heavy bag. 3. I (not to read) the newspaper today. 4. It is very late, and trams (to stop) running: we must find a taxi to get home. 5. How many times you (to be) to St. Petersburg? 6. At last I (to translate) this article: now I shall have a little rest. 7. We (to go) to the country yesterday, but the rain (to spoil) all the pleasure. 8. My watch was going in the morning, but now it (to stop). 9. The lecture (not yet to begin) and the students are talking in the classroom. 10. She just (to go) out. 11. She (to leave) the room a moment ago. 12. We (not yet to solve) the problem. 13. When it all (to happen)? 14. The morning was cold and rainy, but since ten o'clock the weather (to change) and now the sun is shining brightly. 15. Show me the dress which you (to make). 16. Oh, how dark it is! A large black cloud (to cover) the sky. I think it will start raining in a few minutes. 17. Oh, close the window! Look, all my papers (to fall) on the floor because of the wind. 18. When you (to open) the window? — I (to open) it ten minutes ago.
Упр. 41. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Perfect, Present Continuous, Present Simple или Past Simple.
1. Please give me a pencil, I (to lose) mine. 2. I (not to meet) Peter since Monday. 3. Nina just (to finish) work. 4. Where Sergei (to be)? — He (to go) home. He (to leave) the room a minute ago. 5. What you (to read) now? — I (to read) "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte. 6. They (to read) "Ivanhoe" by Walter Scott a month ago. What about you? You (to read) "Ivanhoe"? 7. My watch weather (to be) like? It still (to rain)? — No, it (to stop) raining. (to stop). There (to be) something wrong with it. 8. You (to see) Jack today? — Yes, I (to see) him at the institute. 9. You (to hear) the new symphony by M.? — Yes, I... . — When you (to hear) it? — I (to hear) it last Sunday. 10. You (to change) so much. Anything (to happen)? 11. What you (to do) here at such a late hour? You (to write) your composition? — No, I (to write) it already. I (to work) at my report. — And when you (to write) your composition? — I (to finish) it two days ago. 12. I say, Tom, let's have dinner. — No, thank you, I al-I ready (to have) dinner. 13. What the
Упр. 42. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Perfect, Present Simple, Present Continuous, Past Simple или Past Continuous.
1. They (to go) to the Hermitage last week. 2. They (to be) to the Hermitage twice this week. 3. After school yesterday he (to come) home, (to have) dinner, (to read) an article from the latest magazine and (to begin) doing his homework. 4. When your friend (to return) from the south? — She (to return) yesterday. — You (to go) to the station to meet her? — No, I..., I (to be) too busy. 5. With whom you (to discuss) this question yesterday? 6. I (to see) this film this week. I like it very much. 7. When I (to enter) the kitchen, I (to see) that my mother (to stand) at the table and (to cut) some cabbage. She (to cook) dinner. 8. As soon as I (to hear) a cry, I (to run) out of the room and (to see) that a child (to lie) on the ground and (to cry). "What (to happen)? Why you (to cry)? You (to hurt) yourself?" I asked. 9. As soon as I (to see) him, I (to understand) that he (to work) hard. He (to write) something and (not to notice) anything. 10. When I (to come) home yesterday, the children (to run) and (to sing) merrily. "We (to learn) a new song!" they cried. 11. When the young man (to enter) the room, she (to look) at him in surprise.
"What you (to want) to tell me?" she (to say). "Why you (to come)?" 12. It (to rain) hard when I (to leave) home yesterday, so I (to return), (to put) on my raincoat and (to start) again. 13. Your brother (to return) from the north? — Yes, he (to come) a few days ago. 14. You (to be) to the Crimea? When you (to be) there? — I (to be) there in 1993. 15. Where (to be) your brother? — He just (to come) home. He (to take) a shower in the bathroom now.
Упр.43. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple или Past Perfect.
1. When I (to come) home, mother already (to cook) dinner. 2. When father (to return) from work, we already (to do) our homework. 3. When the teacher (to enter) the classroom, the pupils already (to open) their books. 4. Kate (to give) me the book which she (to buy) the day before. 5. Nick (to show) the teacher the picture which he (to draw). 6. The boy (to give) the goats the grass which he (to bring) from the field. 7. Mother (to see) that Nick (not to wash) his hands. 8. The teacher (to understand) that Lena (not to do) her homework. 9. I (to know) that my friend (not yet to come). 10. Tom (to return) from the cinema at five o'clock. 11. Tom (to return) from the cinema by five o'clock. 12. I (to finish) my homework at seven o'clock. 13. I (to finish) my homework by seven o'clock. 14. He (to think) that he (to lose) the money. 15. Ann (to tell) me that she (to see) an interesting film. 16. When I (to wake) up yesterday, father already (to go) to work. 17. Nick (to think) that his father (not yet to come) home. 18. Mary (to tell) us that she (to cook) a good dinner. 19. Yesterday I (to find) the book which I (to lose) in summer. 20. When we (to come) to the station, the train already (to leave).
Упр .44 Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в одном из следующих времен: Present Simple, Present Continuous, Present Perfect, Present Perfect Continuous.
1. He (to run) now. He (to rim) for ten minutes without any rest. 2. What they (to do) now? — They (to work) in the reading-room. They (to work) there for already three hours. 3. Where he (to be) now? — He (to be) in the garden. He (to play) volley-ball with his friends. They (to play) since breakfast time. 4. I (to live) in St. Petersburg. I (to live) in St. Petersburg since 1990. 5. She already (to do) her homework for two hours; but she (not yet to do) half of it. 6. I (to wait) for you since two o'clock. 7. What you (to do)? — I (to read). I (to read) for already two hours. I already (to read) sixty pages. 8. This man (to be) a writer. He (to write) books. He (to write) books since he was a young man. He already (to write) eight books. 9. What you (to do) here since morning? 10. Lena is a very good girl. She always (to help) her mother about the house. Today she (to help) her mother since morning. They already (to wash) the floor and (to dust) the furniture. Now they (to cook) dinner together. 11. This is the factory where my father (to work). He (to work) here for fifteen years. 12. You (to find) your note-book? — No! I still (to look) for it. I already (to look) for it for two hours, but (not yet to find) it. 13. You (to play) with a ball for already three hours. Go home and do your homework. 14. Wake up! You (to sleep) for ten hours already. 15. I (to wait) for a letter from my cousin for a month already, but (not yet to receive) it. 15. It is difficult for me to speak about this opera as I (not to hear) it. 16. I just (to receive) a letter from my granny, but I (not yet to receive) any letters from my parents. 17. The weather (to be) fine today. The sun (to shine) ever since we got up. 18. Every day I (to wind) up my watch at 10 o'clock in the evening. 19. Come along, Henry, what you (to do) now? I (to wait) for you a long time. 20. Where your gloves (to be)? — I (to put) them into my pocket.
Упр.45. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в одном из будущих времен: Future Simple, Future Continuous или Future Perfect.
1. I (to do) my homework tomorrow. 2. I (to do) my homework at six o'clock tomorrow. 3. I (to do) my homework by six o'clock tomorrow. 4. When I come home tomorrow, my family (to have) supper. 5. When you come to my place tomorrow, I (to read) your book. I (to do) my homework by the time you come. 6. Don't come to my place tomorrow. I (to write) a composition the whole evening. 7.1 (not to go) to the cinema tomorrow. I (to watch) TV the whole evening. 8. What you (to do) tomorrow? 9. What you (to do) at eight o'clock tomorrow? 10. You (to play) volley-ball tomorrow? 11. You (to do) this work by next Sunday? 12. When you (to go) to see your friend next time? 13. How many pages you (to read) by five o'clock tomorrow? 14. Tomorrow I (to begin) doing my homework as soon as I come from school. I (to do) my homework from three till six. My father (to come) home at seven o'clock tomorrow. I (to do) all my homework by the time he comes, and we (to go) for a walk together.
Упр. 46. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующемся времени.
1. Where is your luggage? — I (to leave) it at the station. I (to take) it tomorrow when Nick (to come) to help me. 2.1 (to read) about an hour when he (to come). 3. The play (not yet to begin) and the people (to talk) in the hall. 4. Yesterday I (to buy) a new pair of gloves, as I (to lose) the old ones. 5. We (to walk) in silence. He already (to tell) me all that (to be) interesting about himself, and I (to have) nothing to tell him. 6. The moon (not to rise) yet, and only two stars, like two distant lighthouses, (to shine) in the dark blue sky. 7. One night a little swallow (to fly) over the city. His friends (to fly) away to Egypt six weeks before, but he (to stay) behind. 8. What you (to do) these three months? 9. Our train starts late in the evening, so if you (to come) at seven o'clock, we still (to pack) our luggage. 10. When you (to see) him last? 11. I (to meet) him when he (to walk) across the park. 12. You ever (to act) on the stage? — Why, yes, that's what I (to do) for the last six years. 13. Don't enter the bedroom! The child (to sleep) there, and he always (to wake) up when somebody (to open) the door.
Упр. 47. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующемся времени.
1. What you (to do) when I (to come) in? 2. When I (to come) to his house, they (to tell) me that he (to leave) an hour before. 3. On checking up his answers he (to find) out that he (to make) several mistakes. 4. When I (to leave) home, the snow already (to stop), but a strong wind (to blow). 5. You (to read) this book? — Yes, I (to read) it. I (to think) it (to be) very interesting. 6. What the children (to do) now? — Oh, they (to play) the new table game which I (to buy) for them the day before yesterday. 7. They (to reach) the corner of the street by now and (to stand) at the bus stop. 8. After we (to walk) about two hours, we arrived at a picturesque glade covered with fresh grass. 9. We could not go out because it (to rain) hard since early morning. 10. She (to teach) at our school for twenty years now. 11. Ring me up as soon as you (to come) home. 12. He (to begin) to write his composition at three o'clock. It is already eleven, and he still (to write) it. He says he (to finish) it by twelve. 13. We (to help) our librarian to put the books in the right order for already three days, but we (to arrange) only half the books.
Упр. 48. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующемся времени.
1. The first person whom Andrew (to see) as he (to enter) was his old nurse. She (to sit) on the sofa. During the last five years she greatly (to change) and now (to look) a very old woman. 2. She is going to read the letter she just (to receive). 5. How long you (to wait) for me? I am really very sorry. 4. Yesterday I (to meet) a friend of mine whom I (not to see) for a long time. 5. Ring me up at eleven o'clock, I (not yet to sleep). 6. You (to be) late for the concert if you (not to take) a taxi. 7. The sun (to set) a long time ago, and it (to begin) to get really cold. 8. When I (to come) home yesterday, my sister already (to return) and (to sit) at the fireplace looking through some old photographs. 9. He (to smoke) three cigarettes and (to look) through all the books on the shelf, when at last he (to hear) his friend's steps approaching the door. 10. He just (to approach) the door, when she (to enter). 11. He (to write) the composition for three hours and he (to say) he soon (to finish) it as he (to think) over the conclusion now. 12. Hardly1 I (to go) out when I (to remember) that I (to forget) to take my umbrella. 13. Where is the baby? — The nurse (to put) it to bed. 14. He said he (to work) for a long time without achieving good results.
Упр. 49. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующемся времени.
1. When I (to come) to Pete's house last Sunday, he (to read) a new book. He (to say) he (to give) it to me soon. Today I (to take) it from him. Now I (to read) it. I (to finish) it by Friday. If you like, I (to give) it to you on Saturday when you (to come) to see me. 2. When will he come? We (to wait) for him for already half an hour. 3. On leaving the hall the students (to thank) the professor who (to deliver) the lecture. 4. We already (to cover) about ten miles when Peter, who (to look) out of the window for the last five or ten minutes, suddenly exclaimed: "Here is the station!" 5. When morning came, the storm already (to stop), but the snow still (to fall). 6. Yesterday by eight o'clock he (to finish) all his homework, and when I (to come) to his place at nine, he (to read). 7. I (to wait) for permission to go abroad for already three weeks, but I (not to receive) the visa yet. 8. Everybody (to be) at the door of the museum, but my friend (not yet to come). 9. We (to drink) tea when the telephone (to ring). 19. Johnny noticed that everybody (to look) at him, and he (to feel) shy. Ц. Light (to travel) more quickly than sound.
Упр. 50. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующемся времени.
1.Peter (to read) by the fireplace when the door (to open) and the maid (to enter). The cook (to follow) her. 2. When the mother (to satisfy) herself that the children (to sleep) peacefully in their beds, she (to take) out the Christmas presents and carefully (to put) them into the stockings which (to hang) at the beds. 3. If you (to ring) me up tomorrow, I (to tell) you all about it. 4. The lesson (not yet to begin), and the children (to talk) loudly in the corridor. 5. I (to live) in St. Petersburg since 1991. 6. By the fifteenth of January the students (to pass) all the examinations. 7. The students (to write) the paper by dinner-time. 8. They (to sail) down the river for many hours before they (to come) to the village. 9. I (not to be) to my home town for five years. 10. The rain (to stop) by the time we (to reach) home. 11. The message (to arrive) five minutes after he (to leave) the house. 12. It (to be) nearly eleven o'clock when we (to begin) doing this work. 13. At last the reply from my grandmother (to come), and my mother (to tell) me that she (to come) soon. 14. Here you (to be) at last! I (to wait) for you for twenty minutes. You (not to be) ashamed?
Упр. 58.Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present, Past или Future Simple Passive.
1. Bread (to eat) every day. 2. The letter (to receive) yesterday. 3. Nick (to send) to Moscow next week. 4. I (to ask) at the lesson yesterday. 5.І (to give) a very interesting book at the library last Friday. 6. Many houses (to build) in our town every year. 7. This work (to do) tomorrow. 8. This text (to translate) at the last lesson. 9. These trees (to plant) last autumn. 10. Many interesting games always (to play) at our PT lessons. 11. This bone (to give) to my dog tomorrow. 12. We (to invite) to a concert last Saturday. 13. My question (to answer) yesterday. 14. Hockey (to play) in winter. 15. Mushrooms (to gather) in autumn. 16. Many houses (to burn) during the Great Fire of London. 17. His new book (to finish) next year. 18. Flowers (to sell) in shops and in the streets. 19. St. Petersburg (to found) in 1703.
Упр. 73 Перепишите следующие предложения в прошедшем времени.
1. I am afraid I shall be late. 2. Do you think we shall pick all the apples in three days? 3. He hopes you will often visit him. 4. They expect he will be at home in a few days. 5. Are you afraid we shan't be in time? 6. She promises that she will finish the work in a week. 7. I think Henry will help us.
Упр. 74. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Future Simple или Future-in-the Past Simple.
1. I know we (not to be) late. 2. I knew we (not to be) late. 3. I want to know whether he (to be) at home. 4. I wanted to know whether he (to be) at 'home. 5. "When you (to be) ready?" he asked. 6. He asked when I (to be) ready. 7. I can't say whether Bob (to do) the work perfectly, but he (to do) his best. 8. He asked me whether he (to see) Olga there. 9. Are you sure that we (to have) time to do that? 10. I was afraid he (to say): "I don't think I (to be) able to come." 11. I did not know what he (to speak) about.
Упр. 75. Употребите следующие предложения как придаточные дополнительные. В роли главных предложений используйте предложения, данные в скобках.
(I supposed; He believed; She was sure; We were told; I heard; She said; He understood; She imagined; The letter said.)
E.g. My brother willbe sleeping.
I supposedthat my brother wouldbe sleeping.
1. They will win the game. 2. I shall go to the south. 3. My sister will not forget to ring me up. 4. I shall have done my homework by nine o'clock. 5. The tourists will not return by sunset. 6. My friends will be waiting for me. 7. My friend will have returned by that time. 8. They will be working the whole evening. 9. He will solve the problem in no time. 10. The new film will be on in many cinemas. 11. The teacher will have corrected our papers by the beginning of the lesson. 12. She will not like this TV programme. 13. The train will arrive on time. 14. The children will be playing in the yard. 15. All the newspapers will publish this information.
Упр, 76. Перепишите следующие предложения в прошедшем времени. Обратите внимание на .зависимость времени придаточного дополнительного предложения от времени главного.
1. My uncle says he has just come back from the Caucasus. 2. He says he has spent a fortnight in the Caucasus. 3. He says it did him a lot of good. 4. He says he feels better now. 5. He says his wife and he spent most of their time on the beach. 6. He says they did a lot of sightseeing. 7. He says he has a good camera. 8. He says he took many photographs while travelling in the Caucasus. 9. He says he will come to see us next Sunday. 10. He says he will bring and show us the photographs he took during his stay in the Caucasus.
Упр. 77. Перепишите следующие предложения в прошедшем времени. Обратите внимание на зависимость времени придаточного дополнительного предложения от времени главного.
1. Nick says he is going to the hotel to see his friends, who have just arrived in St. Petersburg from the United States of America. 2. He says they have not been here for a long time. 3. He says they were friends at school. 4. He says he will take them to the theatre on Sunday. 5. They say they will write me a letter when they return home. 6. Mike says he is sure Ann and Kate will be excellent guides. 7. He says they have made good progress in English. 8. Oleg says that in a day or two several English students will come to pay a visit to their school and he will probably have to act as interpreter. 9. Ann says she has just met Boris in the street. 10. She says Boris told her a lot of interesting things about his travels in the south.
Упр. 78. Раскройте скобки, выбирая требующееся время глагола.
1. Не said he (is staying, was staying) at the "Ritz" Hotel. 2. They realized that they (lost, had lost) their way in the dark. 3. He asked me where I (study, studied). 4. I thought that I (shall finish, should finish) my work at that time. 5 He says he (works, worked) at school two years ago. 6. Victor said he (is, was) very busy. 8. My friend asked me who (is playing, was playing) the piano in the sitting-room. 9. He said he (will come, would come) to the station to see me off. 10. I was sure he (posted, had posted) the letter. 11. I think the weather (will be, would be) fine next week. I hope it (will not change, would not change) for the worse. 12. I knew that he (is, was) a very clever man. 13.1 want to know what he (has bought, had bought) for her birthday. 14. I asked my sister to tell me what she (has seen, had seen) at the museum.
Упр. 79. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующемся времени.
1. Не said he (to leave) tomorrow morning. 2. She says she already (to find) the book. 3. He stopped and listened: the clock (to strike) five. 4. She said she (can) not tell me the right time, her watch (to be) wrong. 5. I asked my neighbour if he ever (to travel) by air before. 6. The policeman asked George where he (to run) so early. 7. The delegates were told that the guide just (to go) out and (to be) back in ten minutes. 8. I knew they (to wait) for me at the metro station and I decided to hurry. 9. I didn't know that you already (to wind) up the clock. 10. I was afraid that the little girl (not to be) able to unlock the front door and (to go) upstairs to help her. 11. He says that he (to know) the laws of the country. 12. Sarie understood why Lanny (not to come) the previous evening. 13. She asked me whether I (to remember) the legend about a faithful lion. 14. He understood that the soldiers (to arrest) him. 15. He could not understand why people (not to want) to take water from that well. 16.1 suppose they (to send) a dog after the burglar immediately.
Упр. 80. Передайте следующие повелительные предложения в косвенной речи.
1. "Go home," said the teacher to us. 2. "Buy some meat in the shop," said my mother to me. 3. "Sit down at the table and do your homework," said my mother to me. 4. "Don't forget to clean your teeth," said granny to Helen. 5. "Don't sit up late," said the doctor to Mary. 6. The doctor said to Pete: "Don't go for a walk today." 7. "Don't eat too much ice-cream," said Nick's mother to him. 8. "Explain to me how to solve this problem," said my friend to me. 9. The doctor said to Nick: "Open your mouth and show me your tongue." 10. "Don't be afraid of my dog," said the man to Kate. 11. "Take this book and read it," said the librarian to the boy.
Упр. 81. Передайте следующие повелительные предложения в косвенной речи.
1. Не said to us: "Come here tomorrow." 2. I said to Mike: "Send me a telegram as soon as you arrive." 3. Father said to me: "Don't stay there long." 4. Peter said to them: "Don't leave the room until I come back." 5. "Take my luggage to Room 145," he said to the porter. 6. He said to me: "Ring me up tomorrow." 7. "Bring me a cup of black coffee," she said to the waiter. 8. "Don't be late for dinner," said other to us. 9. Jane said to us: "Please tell me all you know about it." 10. She said to Nick: "Please don't say anything about it to your sister." 11. The teacher said to me: "Hand this note to your parents, please." 12. Oleg said to his sister: "Put the letter into an envelope and give it to Kate." 13. "Please help me with this work, Henry," said Robert. 14. "Please bring me some fish soup," he said to the waitress, 15. "Don't worry over such a small thing," she said to me. 16. "Please don't mention it to anybody," Mary said to her friend. 17. "Promise to come and see me," said Jane to Alice.
Упр. 82. Передайте следующие повествовательные предложения в косвенной речи.
1. "My friend lives in Moscow," said Alec. 2. "You have not done your work well," said the teacher to me. 3. The poor man said to the rich man: "My horse is wild. It can kill your horse." 4. The rich man said to the judge: "This man's horse has killed my horse." 5. "This man spoke to me on the road," said the woman. 6. "I can't explain this rule to you," said my classmate to me, 7. The teacher said to the class: "We shall discuss this subject tomorrow." 8. The woman said to her son: "I am glad I am here." 9. Mike said: "We have bought these books today." 10. She said to me: "Now I can read your translation," 11. Our teacher said: "Thackeray's novels are very interesting." 12. She said: "You will read this book in the 9th form." 13. Nellie said: "I read 'Jane Eyre' last year."
Упр. 83. Передайте следующие повествовательные предложения в косвенной речи.
1. Masha said: "I usually spend my holidays in the south." 2. She said: "I spent my holidays in the Crimea last year." 3. Boris said: "I go to the south every year." 4. He said: "I am going to a rest-home tomorrow." 5. Ann said to us: "They haven't yet come." 6. She said to us: "They arrived in St. Petersburg yesterday." 7. I said: "I was in London last year. My friends in London sometimes invite me to spend my holidays with them." 8. Nick said: "I have never been to London. I think I shall go there next year." 9. He said: "I shall not stay with my friends too long." 10. He said to me: "They are staying at the 'Europe' hotel. 11. He said: "They are leaving next Monday." 12. The clerk said to them: "You can leave the key with the maid upstairs."
Упр. 84. Передайте следующие повествовательные предложения в косвенной речи,
1. Oleg said: "My room is on the second floor 2. He said: "I am sure she will ring me up when she is back in St. Petersburg." 3, Misha said: "I saw them at my parents' house last year." 4. He said: "I haven't seen my cousin today." 5. "I don't go to this shop very often," she said. 6. Tom said: "I have already had breakfast, so I am not hungry." 7. He said: "I have just received a letter from my uncle." 8. "I am going to the theatre tonight," he said to me. 9. Mike said: "I spoke to Mr. Brown this morning." 10. He said to her: "I shall do it today if I have time." 11. I said to them: "I can give you my uncle's address."
Упр. 85. Передайте следующие повествовательные предложения в косвенной речи.
1. Не said to me: "I want to see you today." 2. She said: "I am free tonight". 3. Mother said to me: "I feel bad today." 4. The pupil said to the teacher: " Ican do my homework after dinner." 5. The teacher said to Jack: "You work hard, I know. You are a good boy." 6. The teacher said to the pupils: "Next year we shall have six hours of English a week." 7. The old man said to the girl: "You can sing perfectly. I think you will be a famous singer." 8. My sister said to me: "You look very well, much better than you looked yesterday. I think you have recovered after your illness." 9. My brother said to me: "I am going to become a doctor." 10. My uncle said to us: "I buy several newspapers every day." 11. "You are an excellent cook. Everything is so tasty," said my guest to me. 12. The student said: "I can't answer this question. I don't understand it." 13. The mother said: "The children are in the nursery, doctor." 14. "I have no time for lunch today," said the boy to his mother. 15. "You speak English very well," said the woman to me.
Упр.86. Передайте следующие повествовательные предложения в косвенной речи.
1. "When I get a job, I'll buy you. a warm coat," said the boy's father. 2. "If you spill the milk, there won't be any for the cat," said my mother to me. 3. "When you come to see me on Sunday, I shall show you my new dress," she said to me. . "If Mary arrives before seven, bring her to our house for the evening," said Jane to Henry. . "When your turn comes, listen very carefully to hat the doctor tells you," I said to my grandmother. 6. "If you are in a hurry, we shall make only the first experiment," said the laboratory assistant to me. 7. "I shan't start anything new un-'til I have finished this novel," said the writer to the correspondent. 8. "Don't wait until I come. As soon as you finish the exercises, begin playing volley-ball," said the PT teacher to the pupils. 9."As "soon as Robert appears, ask him where he put the dictionary," said Mary to her mother.
Упр. 87. Передайте следующие специальные вопросы в косвенной речи.
1. I said to Nick: "Where are you going?" 2. I ! said to him: "How long are you going to stay there?" 3. I said to him: "How long will it take you to get .there?" 4. Pete said to his friends: "When are you Cleaving St. Petersburg?" 5. He said to them: "Who will you see before you leave here?" 6. They said to him: "What time does the train start?" 7. Ann said to Mike: "When did you leave London?" 8. She said to Boris: "When Will you be back home?" 9. Boris said to them: "How can I get to the railway station?" 10. Mary asked Tom: "What time will you come here tomorrow?" 11, She asked me: "Why didn't you come here yesterday?" 12. She asked me: "What will you do tomorrow if you are not busy at your office?" 13.1 asked Mike: "What will you do after dinner?" 14. I asked my uncle: "How long did you stay in the Crimea?" 15. Ada said to me: "Where did you see such trees?" 16. I said to Becky: "What kind of book has your friend brought you?" 17. Mother said to me: "Who has brought this parcel?" 18. He said to her: "Where do you usually spend your summer holidays?"
Упр. 88. Передайте следующие специальные вопросы в косвенной речи, начиная каждое предложение со слов, данных в скобках.
1. Where is he going? (He didn't tell anybody...) 2. Where has he gone? (Did you know...) 3. Where is he? (Did you know...) 4. When is he leaving school? (I wanted to know...) 5. Where does he live? (Nobody knew...) 6. When will he come back? (She asked them...) 7. Where did she buy this hat? (He wanted to know...) 8. How much did she pay for it? (I had no idea...) 9. Where did I put the book? (I forgot...) 10. Who has given you this nice kitten? (She wanted to know...) 11. Where can I buy an English-Russian dictionary? (He asked me...) 12. How long will it take your brother to get to Madrid? (He wondered...)
Упр. 89. Передайте следующие общие вопросы в косвенной речи.
1. I said to Boris: "Does your friend live in London?" 2. I said to the man: "Are you living in a hotel?" 3. Nick said to his friend: "Will you stay at the 'Hilton'?" 4. He said to me: "Do you often go to see your friends?" 5. He said to me "Will you see your friends before you leave St. Petersburg?" 6. Mike said to Jane: "Will you come to the railway station to see me off?" 7. She said to me: "Have you sent them a telegram?" 8. She said to me: "Did you send them a telegram yesterday?" 9. I said to Mike: "Have you packed your suitcase?" 10. I said to Kate: "Did anybody meet you at the station?" 11. I said to her: "Can you give me their address?" 12. I asked Tom: "Have you had breakfast?" 13. I asked my sister: "Will you stay at home or go for a walk after dinner?" 14. I said to my mother: "Did anybody come to see me?" 15. I asked my sister: "Will Nick call for you on the way to school?" 16. She said to the young man: "Can you call a taxi for me?" 17. Mary said to Peter: "Have you shown your photo to Dick?" 18. Oleg said to me: "Will you come here tomorrow?" 19. He said to us: "Did you go to the museum this morning?"
Упр. 90. Передайте следующие общие вопросы в косвенной речи, начиная каждое предложение со слов, данных в скобках.
1. Have you found the book? (She asked me...) 2. Are there any more books here? (The man asked...) 3. Did she go shopping yesterday (I wanted to know...) 4. Has she bought the dictionary? (He did not ask her.,.) 5. Does she know the name of the man? (I doubted...) 6. Did Boris see the man this morning? (I asked...) 7. Have they sold the picture? (I did not know...) 8. Do they know anything about it? (I wondered..,) 9. Has Jack given you his telephone number? (She asked me...) 10. Is he coming back today? (I was not sure...)
Упр. 91. Передайте следующие вопросительные предложения в косвенной речи.
1. The teacher said to Mike: "Does your father work at a factory?" 2. Mother said to us: "What are you doing here?" 3. Father said to Nick: "Have you done your homework?" 4. Tom said: "Ann, where are your friends?" 5. Kate said: "Mike, do you like my dress?" 6. Grandfather said to Mary: "What mark did you get at school?" 7. My sister said to me: "Will you take me to the theatre with you tomorrow?" 8. Mother asked me: "Did you play with your friends yesterday?" 9. "Why don't you play with your friends, Kate?" said her mother. 10. "Do you like chocolates?" said my little sister to me. 11. "Did you see your granny yesterday, Lena?" asked Mr. Brown. 12. The doctor asked Nick: "Do you wash your face and hands every morning?"
Упр. 92. Восстановите прямую речь в следующих предложениях.
1. I asked if they had taken the sick man to hospital. 2. I asked my friend if he had a headache. 3. I wanted to know when he had fallen ill. 4. I wondered if he had taken his temperature. 5. I asked him if the doctor had given him some medicine. I asked him if he was feeling better now. 6. I asked the man how long he had been in St. Petersburg. 7. I asked him if he was going to a health-resort. 8. We asked the girl if her father was still in Moscow. 9. I asked the girl what sort of work her father did.
Упр. 109 Перепишите следующие предложения, добавляя слова, данные в скобках. Замените модальный глагол can (could) выражением to be able to, где это необходимо.
1. I can give you my book for a couple of days (after I have read it). 2. He can ski (for ten years). 3. We knew that she could swim (since a child). 4. You cannot take part in this serious sport competition (until you have mastered good skills). 5. I could not solve the problem (before he explained it to me). 6. They can (never) appreciate your kindness. 7. I was sure you could translate that article (after you had translated so many texts on physics). 8. You can go to the country (when you have passed your last examination). 9. We can pass to the next exercise (when we have done this one).
Упр. 110. Вставьте модальный глагол may (might) или выражение to be allowed to. Вставляйте to be allowed to только в тех случаях, где may (might) употребить нельзя.
1. ... I bring my sister to the party? 2. He asked if he ... bring his sister to the party. 3. After they had finished their homework, the children ... watch TV. 4. He ... join the sports section as soon as he is through with his medical examination. 5. Becky's mother said that everybody ... take part in the picnic. 6. He ... go homo if ho likes. 7. As sооn as the boy ... leave the room, ho smiled a happy smile and ran out to join his friends outside. 8. The doctor says I am much better. I ... get up for a few hours every day.
Упр. 111. Вставьте модальные глаголы may или can.
1. I ... finish the work tomorrow if no one bothers me any more. 2. ... we come and see you next Sunday at three o'clock in the afternoon? 3. What time is it? — It ... be about six o'clock, but I am not sure. 4. Only a person who knows the language very well ... answer such a question. 5. ... I come in? 6. Let me look at your exercises. I ... be able to help you. 7. I ... not swim, because until this year the doctor did not allow me to be more than two minutes in the water. But this year he says I ... stay in for fifteen minutes if I like, so I am going to learn to swim. 8. Libraries are quite free, and any one who likes ... get books there. 9. I ... come and see you tomorrow if I have time. 10. Take your raincoat with you: it ... rain today. 11. Do you think you ... do that?
Упр. 112. Вставьте модальные глаголы may или can.
1. You ... come in when you have taken off your boots. 2. Be careful: you ... spill the milk if you carry it like that. 3. Most children ... slide on the ice very well. 4. I don't think I ... be here by eleven o'clock tomorrow, but I ... be. 5. ... you see anything in this inky darkness? 6. You ... go when you have finished your compositions. 7. What shall we do if the train is late? It ... be late, you know, after the terrible snowstorms we've had. 8. When ... you come arid see me? — Let me see: I ... not come tomorrow, for I must be at the meeting, but on Sunday I'll find time. Yes, you ... expect me on Sunday about three o'clock. Will that be all right?
Упр. 113. Вставьте модальные глаголы may (might) или can (could).
1. ... I use your pen? 2. ... I find a pen on that table? 3. You ... read this book: you know the language well enough. 4. You ... take this book: I don't need it. 5. ... I help you? 6. ... I ask you to help me? 7. ... you help me? 8. I ... not imagine her speaking in public: I knew that she was so shy. 9. Something was wrong with the car: he ... not start it. 10. A fool ... ask more questions than a wise man ... answer. 11. She asked me if she ... use my telephone. 12. The school was silent: nothing ... be heard in the long dark corridors. 13. Waiting ... be endless, you know. 14. ... you tell me the nearest way to the city museum? 15. They ... think that I am too weak to take part in the excursion, but I am strong enough to do any kind of hard work, indeed. 16. He knew this period of history very well: he had read everything on the subject he ... find in the rich university library.
Упр. 114. Перепишите следующие предложения в прошедшем времени.
1 It is already twenty minutes past eight. You must go or you will be late for the first lesson. 2. I am very tired. I feel I must go to bed at once, or I shall fall asleep where I am sitting. 3. We can't wait for them any longer, we must ring them up and find out what has happened. 4. I am thinking hard, trying to find a solution of the problem. There must be a way out. 5. It is quite clear to everybody in the family that he must start getting ready for his examination instead of wasting time. 6. It is impossible to do anything in such a short time. I must ask the chief to put off my report. 7. I don't mean that you must do everything they tell you.
Упр. 115. Перепишите каждое из следующих предложений дважды: в прошедшем и в будущем времени. Заменяйте модальные глаголы must и сап эквивалентами, где необходимо.
1. You must listen to the tape-recording of this text several times. 2. You must take your examination in English. 3. She can translate this article without a dictionary. 4. We can't meet them at the station. 5. The doctor must examine the child. 6. He must work systematically if he wants to know French well. 7. This child must spend more time out in the open air. 8. I can't recite this poem. 9. You must take part in this work. 10. He can't join the party because he is busy.
Упр. 116. Переведите на английский язык, употребляя модальные глаголы must, may или сап.
1. Он сейчас должен быть в своем кабинете. Вы можете поговорить с ним. 2. Можно войти? —- Пожалуйста. 3. Вы должны прочитать этот текст. 4. Может ли он выполнить это задание? 5. Можно мне взять вашу книгу? 6. На уроке английского языка вы должны говорить только по-английски. 7. Мы должны сегодня сдать тетради? 8. Можно мне задать вам вопрос? — Пожалуйста. 9. Я не могу пойти о вами в кино, так как я очень занят. 10. Можно здесь курить? — Пожалуйста.
Упр. 117. Заполните пропуски модальными глаголами can, may или must.
1.What ... we see on this map? 2. ... you speak Spanish? — No, unfortunately I... 3. At what time ... you come to school? 4. ... I come in? 5. You ... not smoke here. 6. ... take your book? — I am afraid not: I need it. 7. He ... not speak English yet. 8. I have very little time: I ... go. 9. They ... not go to the park today because they are busy. 10. You ... read this text: it is easy enough.
Грамматика. Сборник упражнений 4
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-12-15; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 220.127.116.11 (0.043 с.)