ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Упр. 118. Вставьте модальные глаголы to have to или to be to.
⇐ ПредыдущаяСтр 9 из 9
1. She ... to send a telegram because it was too late to send a letter. 2. They decided that she ... to send them a telegram every tenth day. 3. You ... to learn all the new words for the next lesson. 4. Do you know this man? He ... to be our new teacher of history. 5. Who ... to go to the library to get the new books? — I was, but I couldn't because I ... to finish some work at the phonetic^ laboratory. 6. It is raining. You ... to put on your raincoat. 7. "The patient ... to stay in bed for a few days," ordered the doctor. 8. The child had stomach trouble and ... to take castor oil. 9. I told her she ... to open the window for a while every day. 10. The agreement was that if Johnny White could not repay the money he had borrowed, then Luke Flint ... to have the right to sell the land. 11. If I don't ring up before six o'clock, then you ... to go to the concert hall alone and wait for me at the entrance. Is that clear? 12. The planters ... to gather their cotton at once, as they had been warned that heavy rains were expected. 13. I ... io wear glasses as my eyesight is very weak. 14. Johnny White ... to borrow from Luke Flint at a high interest, for there was no one else in the district who lent money. 15. "Cheating is a very nasty thing,"' said the teacher, "and we ... to get rid of it."
Упр. 119. Вставьте модальные глаголы tо have to или to be to.
1. Where ... the lecture to take place? — I suppose in the assembly hall. 2. So, our plan is as follows: I ... to go to the library and bring the books. You ... to look through all the material here. Later we ... to work together. 3. "You ... to do it alone, without anybody's help," she said sternly. 4. I ... to help my friends with this work now, so I cannot go with you. 5. It was raining hard and we ... to wait until it stopped raining. 6. 1 ... to ask him about it tomorrow, as today he has already gone. 7. Why didn't you tell me that I ... to buy the books? 8. According to the order of the schoolmistress all the pupils ... to return the library books before the twenty-third of May. 9. As we had agreed before, we ... to meet at two o'clock to go to the stadium together. But Mike did not come. I waited for another half-hour, but then I ... to leave as I was afraid to be late. 10. The meeting ... to begin at five o'clock. Don't be late.
Упр. 120. Вставьте модальные глаголы may, must или need.
1.... we hand in our compositions tomorrow? — No, you ... not, you ... hand them in after Sunday. 2. ... John really do this today? — No, he ... not, he ... do it tomorrow if he likes. 3. You ... not let this cup fall: it ... break. 4. ... I help you with your coat on? 5. ... I take this book for a little while? — I am sorry, but I ... return it to the library at once. 6. Alec ... practise this sound specially, but the other pupils ... not: they all pronounce it properly. 7. They ... come at any time they like between ten and twelve in the morning, but they ... not come if they don't want to. 8. ... I go there right now? — Yes, you ....
Упр. 121. Вставьте модальные глаголы can, may, must или need.
1. I ... not go out today: it is too cold. 2. ... I take your pen? — Yes, please. 3. We ... not carry the bookcase upstairs: it is too heavy. 4. We ... not carry the bookcase upstairs ourselves: the workers will come and do it. 5. When ... you come to see us? — I ... come only on Sunday. 6. Shall I write a letter to him? — No, you ... not, it is not necessary. 7. ... you cut something without a knife? 8. Peter ... return the book to the library. We all want to read it. 9. Why ... not you understand it? it is so easy. 10. ... we do the exercise at once? Yes, you do it at once. 11. ... you pronounce this sound? 12. You ... not have bought this meat-we have everything for dinner.
Упр.122. Перефразируйте следующие пред-|ложения, употребляя модальный глагол may. E.g. Possibly you left your book behind. Youmay have left your book behind.
1. Perhaps you left your umbrella in the bus. 2. Perhaps he went to the cafe to wait for us. 3. Perhaps it was Helen who rang you up. 4. Perhaps they came by plane. 5. Perhaps she had a very good English teacher. 6. Perhaps it was too cold for the children to go out. 7. It is possible that he took his children to the zoo. 8. Possibly they did not see us in the crowd. 9. Perhaps Robert used a dictionary. 10. Possibly Mary misunderstood you. 11. Perhaps Henry waited for us there. 12. Possibly Ann returned very late last night. 13. Possibly they have seen the new play. 1 4. Perhaps Nick has left his exercise-book at home.
Упр. 123. Перефразируйте следующие предложения, употребляя модальный глагол may.
1. Perhaps he is at home, but I am not sure he is. 2. It is possible that we studied at the same school, but I don't remember her. 3. Perhaps she was proud of her knowledge, but she never showed it to her classmates. 4. Perhaps there was a chance for him to win the match. 5. Perhaps Peter was as capable as the old workers, but he was given no chance to show his skill. 6. It is possible that your brother has never heard about this singer. 7. Perhaps she tried to enter the university, but failed. 8. It is possible that you asked the wrong people, that's why you didn't get the right answer. 9. Perhaps our friends will arrive here tomorrow. 10. Perhaps they will come home very soon: be ready. 11. Perhaps the question was too difficult for her. 12. Try this delicious drink: perhaps you will like it. 13. Why didn't Nick ring us up? — It is possible that he forgot about it.
Упр. 124. Вставьте модальный глагол may или might. Раскройте скобки, употребляя требующуюся форму инфинитива.
1. ... I (to ask) you to take off your hat? 2. She asked me if she ... (to turn) on the light. 3. I am afraid it ... (not to stop) raining by the morning. 4. Don't scold her: the task ... (to be) too difficult for her, that's why she made rather many mistakes. 5. If they don't miss the train, they ... (to arrive) in time. 6. Why isn't he here yet? What has happened? — Oh, he ... (to miss) the train. 7. He ... (to do) very hard work. That's why he looks so tired now.
Упр. 125. Перефразируйте следующие предложения, употребляя модальный глаголmust.
E.g. Probably I left my textbook in the classroom. I must have left my textbook in the classroom.
1. Probably I left my bag in the canteen. 2. Probably you left your umbrella in the bus. 3. Probably Mary forgot to call me. 4. Probably mother took my umbrella. 5. Probably I have seen you before: your face is familiar to me. 6. Probably you left your exercise-book at school. 7. Evidently she has left the town. 8. Probably Mike has gone to the teachers' room. 9. Probably Tom and Nick are playing football. 10. Probably Helen has got a bad mark. 11. Evidently they have solved the problem. 12. Evidently the pupils have finished writing their composition. 13. Obviously he forgot to warn them. 14. Evidently the meeting was cancelled. 15. Evidently he forgot to send them a telegram. 16. Evidently there was something wrong with the tape-recorder.
Упр. 126. Перефразируйте следующие предложения, употребляя модальный глаголmust.
1. You have been absent very long. I am sun you feel hungry. 2. Where are the children? -They are at the river with Nick. I am sure they are having a very good time. 3. He has probably worked very hard to finish his book. 4. She is a very experienced doctor. I am sure she has been working at this hospital for at least fifteen years. 5. Look! Helen's windows are open. I feel sure she is at home. 6. The Smiths have always been great football fans. I am sure they are at the stadium watching the football match. 7. Probably they have changed the school programme. My granddaughter knows a great deal more than I did when I was her age. 8. It is probably a very difficult rule. 9. I am sure it is pleasant to spend summer in such a picturesque place. 10. You have probably read books of this author before. 11. I feel sure they are preparing a surprise for us. 12. These old legends were probably composed about a thousand years ago. 13. It is probably nine o'clock now. 14. He is very old. I think he is nearly eighty. 15. It is probably time to go now.
Упр. 127. Перефразируйте следующие предложения, употребляя модальный глагол must.
I. I think it is time for the bell to ring. 2. I am almost sure they have this book in the library. 3. Probably he recognized you by your photo in he papers. 4. He is sure to be in at this time. 5. Of course she is trying to help you. 6. She is certain to be waiting for you at home. 7. Probably he was already ill. 8. There is little doubt that the first experiment failed. 9. No doubt, she knew what she was going to do. 10. I am sure she is fond of the child. 11. They are sure to have taken the wrong turning. 12. Probably he was taken there by car.
Упр. 128. Раскройте скобки, употребляя требующуюся форму инфинитива.
1. Не knows mathematics much better than he did last year. He must (to work) a lot in summer. 2. Your mathematics is very poor. You must (to work) at it in summer. 3. Where is Peter? — Oh, he must (to read) in the library. He is getting ready for a very difficult examination. 4. You must (to study) English for several years already. Your language is very good. 5. Oh, look how white and clean everything is! It must (to snow) at night. 6. Oh, you are all in snow, you look like a snowman. It must (to snow) heavily. 7. Look, what huge snowdrifts there are everywhere, and the path is •covered with knee-deep snow. It must (to snow) for several hours already. 8. You look fresh! You must (to have) a good sleep at night. 9. You look very tired. You must (to have) a good sleep at night.
Упр. 129. Перефразируйте следующие предложения, употребляя модальный глагол can't.
E.g. I don't believe he is at home now. He can't beat home now.
1. I don't believe the work is too difficult for my friend. 2. I don't believe Jane made such a mistake. 3. It is impossible that the cat ate all the fish. 4. I don't believe that our papers were so poor. 5. It is impossible that you believed such a silly He. 6. It is impossible that he has stolen the money. 7. I don't believe that they have heard the story before. 8. I don't think that she is good at physics. 9. I don't believe that you are serious. 10. It is impossible that she is a traitor. 11. I can't believe that he has made such an important discovery. 12. I can't believe that the teacher has forgotten to correct our homework.
Упр. 130. Перефразируйте следующие предложения, употребляя модальные глаголы must, may или can't.
1. Probably that building in the distance is the station. 2. I don't believe you have lost your passport; probably you have put it into another bag. 3. Perhaps the girl was frightened. 4. Probably you left your text-book in the canteen. 5.1 don't believe they will give up such a brilliant idea. 6. You look pale. Probably you are tired. 7. I don't believe that this boy is a good friend. 8.1 am sure you are tired: you have been working for hours. 9. Perhaps he visited the Hermitage when he was in St. Petersburg last year. 10. I am sure it is a very deep lake.
Упр. 131. Вставьте модальные глаголы should ила must.
1.a) You ... have studied the material thoroughly. I see you have made no mistakes in the test-paper. b) You ... have studied the material thoroughly. Then you would not have made so many mistakes. 2. a) She ... have followed the doctor's advice. She would have recovered by now. b) She ... have followed the doctor's advice. She looks very fine. 3. a) You ... have ignored the instructions of your sports coach. That's why you lost the game. b) You ... have followed the instructions of your sports coach. Then you would have won the game. 4. a) She ... have forgotten to take her medicine, b) She ... have remembered to take her medicine. 5. a) I ... have got on the wrong bus. I cannot recognize the places we are passing, b) I ... have looked carefully at the number of the bus. Now I must change buses, and I am afraid I shall be late.
Упр. 132. Вставьте модальные глаголыshould или had to. Раскройте скобки, употребляя требующуюся форму инфинитива.
1. I ... (to write) this composition yesterday, but I was too busy as I ... (to translate) a very long text from English. 2. I ... not (to take) my little brother to the evening performance, he was so excited; but I really ... (to do) so, for there was nobody at home to leave him with. 3. You ... (to see) our team play! You have missed a lot. You ... (to go) to the stadium. 4. It was a very important meeting and we ... (to attend) it. That's why we returned home late. 5. He ... (to attend) the lesson: the material which the teacher explained was very difficult, and now it will be impossible for him to write the test-paper well. 6. Although he felt unwell, he ... (to attend) the lesson, because the teacher explained some very difficult material.
Упр. 133. Вставьте модальные глаголы should иди had to. Раскроите скобки, употребляя требующуюся форму инфинитива.
1. Не was out when we came, and we ... (to wait) for over an hour. 2. It was raining hard. We ... (to wear) our raincoats. 3. I ... (to take) a taxi, otherwise I should have missed the train. 4. You walked all the way here carrying this heavy suitcase. You ... (to take) a taxi. 5. They won't be able to buy anything but lemonade on the train. You ... (to give) them some sandwiches at least. 6. Mother was coming to dinner, so I ... (to bake) her favourite cake. 7. You knew I was bringing people to dinner. You ... (to bake) a cake. 8. She is quite an authority. You ... (to ask) her. 9. I could not stand that noise any longer. I ... (to go) out and (to tell) them to stop. 10. How can you work in this noise? You ... (to tell) the children to stop.
Упр. 134. Вставьте модальные глаголы should, need или to have to. Раскройте скобки, употребляя требующуюся форму инфинитива.
1. You ... not (to go) out in this rain; as it is you have a cold in your head. 2. It was Sunday, and we ... not (to go) to school. 3. Everything is all right. You see that you ... not (to worry). 4. You are out of breath. You ... not (to run): you know how bad it is for you. 5. You ... not (to tell) her about it. Now she is sure not to sleep the whole night worrying. 6. You ... not (to go) with her: she knows the way perfectly well. 7. You ... not (to put) so much pepper in the meat. No one will be able to eat it. 8. You ... not (to give) them any lunch. They can get coffee and sandwiches on the train.
Упр. 135. Вставьте подходящие модальные глаголы (must, can, need),
1. If you want to improve your English, you ... work very hard. 2. ... I take this book? — Certainly, but you ... not give it to anybody. 3. Mother, ... I go to the country tomorrow? — No, you ... not. The doctor says you ... stay at home for a day or two. 4. There is something wrong with your television-set. You ... call a repair-man. — Oh, we ... not do, it! My brother ... fix it himself. 5. ... we bring these text-books every day? — No, you ... not: you ... take them from the library. 6. ... you go to the country with us? — No, I am afraid I • •• not: I ... go to the library.
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-12-15; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 184.108.40.206 (0.01 с.)