ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Упр. 68. Передайте следующие предложения в Passive Voice.
1. We asked him about his holidays. 2. They have already discussed the novel. 3. He did not give me his address. 4. She showed him the way to the metro station. 5. He will introduce me to his friends. 6. They are building a bridge over the river. 7. I haven't yet translated the article. 8. We were looking at the man with great surprise. 9. You will speak about the film at the lesson. 10. The headmistress sent for the pupil's parents. 11. Has the secretary typed the letters? — No, she is typing them now.
Упр. 69. Передайте следующие предложения в Passive Voice.
1. We turn on the light when it is dark. 2. The students finished their translation in time. 3. Helen washed the dishes. 4. Betty often took her younger brother for a walk. 5. Mother has made some coffee. 6. Have you ironed your dress yet? 7. Nina mispronounced this word. 8. They have told her the truth. 9. She promised us an interesting entertainment. 10. One uses chalk for writing on the blackboard. 11. I shall finish my work about seven o'clock. 12. Somebody has opened the door. 1.3. The waitress brought in the coffee. 14. One of
my friends took me to the cinema last week. 15. We shall finish this work in time. 16. They built this house in 1960. 17. They were selling new children's books in that shop when I entered it yesterday. 18. A large group of young people joined us on our way to the station. 19. A young teacher started a school in this village. 20. They are translating this article now. 21. Galsworthy wrote "The Forsyte Saga." 21. Thousands of people attended this meeting. 22. He has just interrupted me. 23. The teacher has explained it to us.
Упр. 70. Передайте следующие предложения в Passive Voice.
1. They did not invite her to the party. 2. I did not leave the window open. 3. They did not turn off the light. 4. I have invited some friends to tea 5. She has given me an English book. 6. Have you written the letter yet? 7. They have told us a lot о S interesting things. 8. The students have written the test-paper without mistakes. 9. The children have scattered about a lot of things. 10. The girl has put all the books into the bookcase. 11. Snow will cover the fields in winter. 12. They will hand in the homework tomorrow. 13. I don't think we shall finish all the preparations today. 14. She al ways invites me to her dinner parties. 15. Shot showed me the dress which her daughter had made. 16. We discussed the matter some days ago. 17. Someone wants you on the phone. 18. She found my book on the window-sill. 19. They have built excellent shelters for tourists in these mountains. 20. Have you given the exercises to all the students? 21. The boy was angry because his mother did not allow him to go to the stadium. 22. Why have you put my books on this table?
Упр. 71. Передайте следующие предложения в Passive Voice.
1. We received this letter after his departure. 2. Have dogs ever attacked you? 3. Bees gather honey from flowers. 4. The storm drove the ship against a rock. 5. Who discovered the circulation of blood? 6. They are selling delicious fruit ice cream there now. 7. The old man showed us the way out of the wood. 8. They offered her some interesting work. 9. The doctor prescribed her new medicine. 10. They often speak about him. 11. Everybody laughed at this funny animal. 12. We have been looking for you the whole morning. 13. We shall insist on strict discipline. 14. They teach three foreign languages at this school.
Упр. 72. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Passive Voice.
1. I am sure I (to ask) at the lesson tomorrow. 2. They told me that the new student (to speak) much about. 3. The hostess said that one more guest (to expect). 4. The newspaper said that an interesting exhibition (to open) in the Hermitage the next week. 5. This new dictionary (to sell) everywhere now. 6. All the texts (to look) through yesterday and not a single mistake (to find). 7. Two reports on Hemingway's stories (to make) in our group last month. Both of them were very interesting. 8. He said that Grandmother's letter (to receive) the day before. 9. Two new engineers just (to introduce) to the head of the department. 10. Don't worry, everything will be all right: the children (to take) to the theatre by the teacher and they (to bring) back to school in the evening.
Упр. 73 Перепишите следующие предложения в прошедшем времени.
1. I am afraid I shall be late. 2. Do you think we shall pick all the apples in three days? 3. He hopes you will often visit him. 4. They expect he will be at home in a few days. 5. Are you afraid we shan't be in time? 6. She promises that she will finish the work in a week. 7. I think Henry will help us.
Упр. 74. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Future Simple или Future-in-the Past Simple.
1. I know we (not to be) late. 2. I knew we (not to be) late. 3. I want to know whether he (to be) at home. 4. I wanted to know whether he (to be) at 'home. 5. "When you (to be) ready?" he asked. 6. He asked when I (to be) ready. 7. I can't say whether Bob (to do) the work perfectly, but he (to do) his best. 8. He asked me whether he (to see) Olga there. 9. Are you sure that we (to have) time to do that? 10. I was afraid he (to say): "I don't think I (to be) able to come." 11. I did not know what he (to speak) about.
Упр. 75. Употребите следующие предложения как придаточные дополнительные. В роли главных предложений используйте предложения, данные в скобках.
(I supposed; He believed; She was sure; We were told; I heard; She said; He understood; She imagined; The letter said.)
E.g. My brother willbe sleeping.
I supposedthat my brother wouldbe sleeping.
1. They will win the game. 2. I shall go to the south. 3. My sister will not forget to ring me up. 4. I shall have done my homework by nine o'clock. 5. The tourists will not return by sunset. 6. My friends will be waiting for me. 7. My friend will have returned by that time. 8. They will be working the whole evening. 9. He will solve the problem in no time. 10. The new film will be on in many cinemas. 11. The teacher will have corrected our papers by the beginning of the lesson. 12. She will not like this TV programme. 13. The train will arrive on time. 14. The children will be playing in the yard. 15. All the newspapers will publish this information.
Упр, 76. Перепишите следующие предложения в прошедшем времени. Обратите внимание на .зависимость времени придаточного дополнительного предложения от времени главного.
1. My uncle says he has just come back from the Caucasus. 2. He says he has spent a fortnight in the Caucasus. 3. He says it did him a lot of good. 4. He says he feels better now. 5. He says his wife and he spent most of their time on the beach. 6. He says they did a lot of sightseeing. 7. He says he has a good camera. 8. He says he took many photographs while travelling in the Caucasus. 9. He says he will come to see us next Sunday. 10. He says he will bring and show us the photographs he took during his stay in the Caucasus.
Упр. 77. Перепишите следующие предложения в прошедшем времени. Обратите внимание на зависимость времени придаточного дополнительного предложения от времени главного.
1. Nick says he is going to the hotel to see his friends, who have just arrived in St. Petersburg from the United States of America. 2. He says they have not been here for a long time. 3. He says they were friends at school. 4. He says he will take them to the theatre on Sunday. 5. They say they will write me a letter when they return home. 6. Mike says he is sure Ann and Kate will be excellent guides. 7. He says they have made good progress in English. 8. Oleg says that in a day or two several English students will come to pay a visit to their school and he will probably have to act as interpreter. 9. Ann says she has just met Boris in the street. 10. She says Boris told her a lot of interesting things about his travels in the south.
Упр. 78. Раскройте скобки, выбирая требующееся время глагола.
1. Не said he (is staying, was staying) at the "Ritz" Hotel. 2. They realized that they (lost, had lost) their way in the dark. 3. He asked me where I (study, studied). 4. I thought that I (shall finish, should finish) my work at that time. 5 He says he (works, worked) at school two years ago. 6. Victor said he (is, was) very busy. 8. My friend asked me who (is playing, was playing) the piano in the sitting-room. 9. He said he (will come, would come) to the station to see me off. 10. I was sure he (posted, had posted) the letter. 11. I think the weather (will be, would be) fine next week. I hope it (will not change, would not change) for the worse. 12. I knew that he (is, was) a very clever man. 13.1 want to know what he (has bought, had bought) for her birthday. 14. I asked my sister to tell me what she (has seen, had seen) at the museum.
Упр. 79. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующемся времени.
1. Не said he (to leave) tomorrow morning. 2. She says she already (to find) the book. 3. He stopped and listened: the clock (to strike) five. 4. She said she (can) not tell me the right time, her watch (to be) wrong. 5. I asked my neighbour if he ever (to travel) by air before. 6. The policeman asked George where he (to run) so early. 7. The delegates were told that the guide just (to go) out and (to be) back in ten minutes. 8. I knew they (to wait) for me at the metro station and I decided to hurry. 9. I didn't know that you already (to wind) up the clock. 10. I was afraid that the little girl (not to be) able to unlock the front door and (to go) upstairs to help her. 11. He says that he (to know) the laws of the country. 12. Sarie understood why Lanny (not to come) the previous evening. 13. She asked me whether I (to remember) the legend about a faithful lion. 14. He understood that the soldiers (to arrest) him. 15. He could not understand why people (not to want) to take water from that well. 16.1 suppose they (to send) a dog after the burglar immediately.
Упр. 80. Передайте следующие повелительные предложения в косвенной речи.
1. "Go home," said the teacher to us. 2. "Buy some meat in the shop," said my mother to me. 3. "Sit down at the table and do your homework," said my mother to me. 4. "Don't forget to clean your teeth," said granny to Helen. 5. "Don't sit up late," said the doctor to Mary. 6. The doctor said to Pete: "Don't go for a walk today." 7. "Don't eat too much ice-cream," said Nick's mother to him. 8. "Explain to me how to solve this problem," said my friend to me. 9. The doctor said to Nick: "Open your mouth and show me your tongue." 10. "Don't be afraid of my dog," said the man to Kate. 11. "Take this book and read it," said the librarian to the boy.
Упр. 81. Передайте следующие повелительные предложения в косвенной речи.
1. Не said to us: "Come here tomorrow." 2. I said to Mike: "Send me a telegram as soon as you arrive." 3. Father said to me: "Don't stay there long." 4. Peter said to them: "Don't leave the room until I come back." 5. "Take my luggage to Room 145," he said to the porter. 6. He said to me: "Ring me up tomorrow." 7. "Bring me a cup of black coffee," she said to the waiter. 8. "Don't be late for dinner," said other to us. 9. Jane said to us: "Please tell me all you know about it." 10. She said to Nick: "Please don't say anything about it to your sister." 11. The teacher said to me: "Hand this note to your parents, please." 12. Oleg said to his sister: "Put the letter into an envelope and give it to Kate." 13. "Please help me with this work, Henry," said Robert. 14. "Please bring me some fish soup," he said to the waitress, 15. "Don't worry over such a small thing," she said to me. 16. "Please don't mention it to anybody," Mary said to her friend. 17. "Promise to come and see me," said Jane to Alice.
Упр. 82. Передайте следующие повествовательные предложения в косвенной речи.
1. "My friend lives in Moscow," said Alec. 2. "You have not done your work well," said the teacher to me. 3. The poor man said to the rich man: "My horse is wild. It can kill your horse." 4. The rich man said to the judge: "This man's horse has killed my horse." 5. "This man spoke to me on the road," said the woman. 6. "I can't explain this rule to you," said my classmate to me, 7. The teacher said to the class: "We shall discuss this subject tomorrow." 8. The woman said to her son: "I am glad I am here." 9. Mike said: "We have bought these books today." 10. She said to me: "Now I can read your translation," 11. Our teacher said: "Thackeray's novels are very interesting." 12. She said: "You will read this book in the 9th form." 13. Nellie said: "I read 'Jane Eyre' last year."
Упр. 83. Передайте следующие повествовательные предложения в косвенной речи.
1. Masha said: "I usually spend my holidays in the south." 2. She said: "I spent my holidays in the Crimea last year." 3. Boris said: "I go to the south every year." 4. He said: "I am going to a rest-home tomorrow." 5. Ann said to us: "They haven't yet come." 6. She said to us: "They arrived in St. Petersburg yesterday." 7. I said: "I was in London last year. My friends in London sometimes invite me to spend my holidays with them." 8. Nick said: "I have never been to London. I think I shall go there next year." 9. He said: "I shall not stay with my friends too long." 10. He said to me: "They are staying at the 'Europe' hotel. 11. He said: "They are leaving next Monday." 12. The clerk said to them: "You can leave the key with the maid upstairs."
Упр. 84. Передайте следующие повествовательные предложения в косвенной речи,
1. Oleg said: "My room is on the second floor 2. He said: "I am sure she will ring me up when she is back in St. Petersburg." 3, Misha said: "I saw them at my parents' house last year." 4. He said: "I haven't seen my cousin today." 5. "I don't go to this shop very often," she said. 6. Tom said: "I have already had breakfast, so I am not hungry." 7. He said: "I have just received a letter from my uncle." 8. "I am going to the theatre tonight," he said to me. 9. Mike said: "I spoke to Mr. Brown this morning." 10. He said to her: "I shall do it today if I have time." 11. I said to them: "I can give you my uncle's address."
Упр. 85. Передайте следующие повествовательные предложения в косвенной речи.
1. Не said to me: "I want to see you today." 2. She said: "I am free tonight". 3. Mother said to me: "I feel bad today." 4. The pupil said to the teacher: " Ican do my homework after dinner." 5. The teacher said to Jack: "You work hard, I know. You are a good boy." 6. The teacher said to the pupils: "Next year we shall have six hours of English a week." 7. The old man said to the girl: "You can sing perfectly. I think you will be a famous singer." 8. My sister said to me: "You look very well, much better than you looked yesterday. I think you have recovered after your illness." 9. My brother said to me: "I am going to become a doctor." 10. My uncle said to us: "I buy several newspapers every day." 11. "You are an excellent cook. Everything is so tasty," said my guest to me. 12. The student said: "I can't answer this question. I don't understand it." 13. The mother said: "The children are in the nursery, doctor." 14. "I have no time for lunch today," said the boy to his mother. 15. "You speak English very well," said the woman to me.
Упр.86. Передайте следующие повествовательные предложения в косвенной речи.
1. "When I get a job, I'll buy you. a warm coat," said the boy's father. 2. "If you spill the milk, there won't be any for the cat," said my mother to me. 3. "When you come to see me on Sunday, I shall show you my new dress," she said to me. . "If Mary arrives before seven, bring her to our house for the evening," said Jane to Henry. . "When your turn comes, listen very carefully to hat the doctor tells you," I said to my grandmother. 6. "If you are in a hurry, we shall make only the first experiment," said the laboratory assistant to me. 7. "I shan't start anything new un-'til I have finished this novel," said the writer to the correspondent. 8. "Don't wait until I come. As soon as you finish the exercises, begin playing volley-ball," said the PT teacher to the pupils. 9."As "soon as Robert appears, ask him where he put the dictionary," said Mary to her mother.
Упр. 87. Передайте следующие специальные вопросы в косвенной речи.
1. I said to Nick: "Where are you going?" 2. I ! said to him: "How long are you going to stay there?" 3. I said to him: "How long will it take you to get .there?" 4. Pete said to his friends: "When are you Cleaving St. Petersburg?" 5. He said to them: "Who will you see before you leave here?" 6. They said to him: "What time does the train start?" 7. Ann said to Mike: "When did you leave London?" 8. She said to Boris: "When Will you be back home?" 9. Boris said to them: "How can I get to the railway station?" 10. Mary asked Tom: "What time will you come here tomorrow?" 11, She asked me: "Why didn't you come here yesterday?" 12. She asked me: "What will you do tomorrow if you are not busy at your office?" 13.1 asked Mike: "What will you do after dinner?" 14. I asked my uncle: "How long did you stay in the Crimea?" 15. Ada said to me: "Where did you see such trees?" 16. I said to Becky: "What kind of book has your friend brought you?" 17. Mother said to me: "Who has brought this parcel?" 18. He said to her: "Where do you usually spend your summer holidays?"
Упр. 88. Передайте следующие специальные вопросы в косвенной речи, начиная каждое предложение со слов, данных в скобках.
1. Where is he going? (He didn't tell anybody...) 2. Where has he gone? (Did you know...) 3. Where is he? (Did you know...) 4. When is he leaving school? (I wanted to know...) 5. Where does he live? (Nobody knew...) 6. When will he come back? (She asked them...) 7. Where did she buy this hat? (He wanted to know...) 8. How much did she pay for it? (I had no idea...) 9. Where did I put the book? (I forgot...) 10. Who has given you this nice kitten? (She wanted to know...) 11. Where can I buy an English-Russian dictionary? (He asked me...) 12. How long will it take your brother to get to Madrid? (He wondered...)
Упр. 89. Передайте следующие общие вопросы в косвенной речи.
1. I said to Boris: "Does your friend live in London?" 2. I said to the man: "Are you living in a hotel?" 3. Nick said to his friend: "Will you stay at the 'Hilton'?" 4. He said to me: "Do you often go to see your friends?" 5. He said to me "Will you see your friends before you leave St. Petersburg?" 6. Mike said to Jane: "Will you come to the railway station to see me off?" 7. She said to me: "Have you sent them a telegram?" 8. She said to me: "Did you send them a telegram yesterday?" 9. I said to Mike: "Have you packed your suitcase?" 10. I said to Kate: "Did anybody meet you at the station?" 11. I said to her: "Can you give me their address?" 12. I asked Tom: "Have you had breakfast?" 13. I asked my sister: "Will you stay at home or go for a walk after dinner?" 14. I said to my mother: "Did anybody come to see me?" 15. I asked my sister: "Will Nick call for you on the way to school?" 16. She said to the young man: "Can you call a taxi for me?" 17. Mary said to Peter: "Have you shown your photo to Dick?" 18. Oleg said to me: "Will you come here tomorrow?" 19. He said to us: "Did you go to the museum this morning?"
Упр. 90. Передайте следующие общие вопросы в косвенной речи, начиная каждое предложение со слов, данных в скобках.
1. Have you found the book? (She asked me...) 2. Are there any more books here? (The man asked...) 3. Did she go shopping yesterday (I wanted to know...) 4. Has she bought the dictionary? (He did not ask her.,.) 5. Does she know the name of the man? (I doubted...) 6. Did Boris see the man this morning? (I asked...) 7. Have they sold the picture? (I did not know...) 8. Do they know anything about it? (I wondered..,) 9. Has Jack given you his telephone number? (She asked me...) 10. Is he coming back today? (I was not sure...)
Упр. 91. Передайте следующие вопросительные предложения в косвенной речи.
1. The teacher said to Mike: "Does your father work at a factory?" 2. Mother said to us: "What are you doing here?" 3. Father said to Nick: "Have you done your homework?" 4. Tom said: "Ann, where are your friends?" 5. Kate said: "Mike, do you like my dress?" 6. Grandfather said to Mary: "What mark did you get at school?" 7. My sister said to me: "Will you take me to the theatre with you tomorrow?" 8. Mother asked me: "Did you play with your friends yesterday?" 9. "Why don't you play with your friends, Kate?" said her mother. 10. "Do you like chocolates?" said my little sister to me. 11. "Did you see your granny yesterday, Lena?" asked Mr. Brown. 12. The doctor asked Nick: "Do you wash your face and hands every morning?"
Упр. 92. Восстановите прямую речь в следующих предложениях.
1. I asked if they had taken the sick man to hospital. 2. I asked my friend if he had a headache. 3. I wanted to know when he had fallen ill. 4. I wondered if he had taken his temperature. 5. I asked him if the doctor had given him some medicine. I asked him if he was feeling better now. 6. I asked the man how long he had been in St. Petersburg. 7. I asked him if he was going to a health-resort. 8. We asked the girl if her father was still in Moscow. 9. I asked the girl what sort of work her father did.
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-12-15; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 184.108.40.206 (0.009 с.)