Заглавная страница Избранные статьи Случайная статья Познавательные статьи Новые добавления Обратная связь
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Translate the following into English.
1. Вчера в 9 часов вечера я смотрел телевизор.
2. Она сказала, что еще не выполнила домашнее задание.
3. Когда пришел мой друг, я еще не кончил завтракать.
4. Когда впервые я ее встретил, она работала в школе.
5. Все студенты выполнили задание правильно после того, как преподаватель рассказал им, как его делать.
6. Когда мы вышли на улицу, ярко светило солнце.
7. Мой друг сказал, что его брат уже приехал.
8. Я читал книгу, когда услышал телефонный звонок.
9. После того, как врач осмотрел больного, он поговорил с его родственниками.
10. Когда мы пришли на остановку, автобус уже ушел.
11. Он спросил меня, видел ли я, что произошло.
12. Когда я пришел, она накрывала на стол.
13. Я часто ходил в этот кинотеатр, когда работал в этом районе.
14. С кем вы разговаривали по телефону, когда я вошла в комнату?
15. Вчера мы весь день работали в саду.
16. Он пошел гулять после того, как пообедал.
17. Я спросил у него, почему он не ответил на мое письмо.
29. Replace the Future Simple by to be going to.
Note.to be going to+ Infinitive refers an action to the near future; it has the meaning of intention or certainty.
1. I'll travel by car this summer. 2. We'll have a test on the use of tenses on Monday. 3. The Parkers will have a picnic lunch in the country on Sunday. 4. Ann will practise the piano all the morning. 5. There will be a storm soon, look at those clouds. 6. They say she'll be married this autumn. 7. I got wet through in yesterday's rain, I think I shall have a cold. 8. She'll clean the flat on Saturday. 9. What will you do when you finish school? 10. We'll see them all in September when they come from the country. 11. Do you like the song? I'll sing it again this evening. 12. What will you do after classes today? 13. I'll take my last exam next Monday. 14. The article isn't very long; he will translate it tonight. 15. My friend is leaving tomorrow. She says she'll write to me every week.
30. Put the verbs in brackets Into the Present Continuous Tense or the "be going to" form.
1. My uncle (make) a speech on Friday. 2. What you (do) with this room? — I (paint) the walls. 3. I (take) my sister to the ballet tomorrow. 4. She (call) for me at six. 5. It (rain). Look at those clouds. 6. He (play) at Wimbledon next summer. 7. You (eat) all that? 8. I (meet) her at the station at ten. 9. These swans (eat) all our sandwiches. 10. She (come) out of hospital oext week. 11. I (stop) here for a moment to get some petrol. 12. He (give) a lecture tonight. 13. When you (cut) the grass? 14. My grandparents (celebrate) their golden wedding next Wednesday. 15. You (reserve) a seat? 16. He (start) a new job on Friday. 17. The committee (meet) next Wednesday. 18. You (ask) him to help you? 19. You (do) anything tonight? 20. I (not stay) here another minute.
31. Put the verbs in brackets into the Future Simple Tense.
1. I (know) the result in a week. 2. You (be) in Rome tonight. 3. You (have) time to help me tomorrow? 4. Do you think that he (recognize) me? 5. I hope I (find) it. 6. I (remember) this day all my life. 7. Perhaps he (arrive) in time for lunch. 8. I am sure that you (like) our new house. 9. I hope he (remember) to buy bread. 10. I wonder how many of us^still (be) here next year. 11. Jack (be) twenty years old next week. 12. I (get) up early tomorrow. 13. The mother (take) her baby to the doctor tomorrow. 14. We (have) a holiday next week. 15. Mary and her sister (wear) their new dresses tomorrow. 16. I (do) my homework this evening. 17. She (stay) at home tomorrow. 18. I (see) my mother this evening. 19. Where the children (go) in the summer holiday? — They (go) to the seaside. 20. They (stay) with us next Christmas.
32. Put the verbs in brackets into the Future Simple Tense or the "be going to" form.
1. The fire has gone outrSo it has. I (go) and get some sticks. 2. Did you remember to book seats? — Oh, no, I forgot. I (telephone) for them now. 3. I've bought a typewriter and I (learn) to type. 4. I can't understand this letterr-I (call) my son. He (translate) it for yofl. 5. You (buy) bread? — No, because I (nbt eat) it any more. I (eat) biscuits instead. 6. Look what I've just bought at an auction! — What an extraordinary thing! Where you (put) it? 7. Why are you taking out ail your dresses? — I (shorten) the skirts. 8. That tree makes the house very dark.— Very well, I (cut) it down. 9. I hear that you've decided to go on a diet. When you (start) ? — I (start) on Monday. 10. I haven't bought any cigarettes because I (give) up smoking. 11. I've come out without any money.— Never mind, I (lend) you some. How much do you want? 12. You won't need the big basket,willyou? — Oh yes, I will, I (buy) a lot of vegetables. 13. I've planned my future for the next ten years.— That is very clever of you. What you (do) when you leave the university?
33. Put the verbs in brackets into the Future Continuous Tense.
1. This time next month I (sit) on a beach. 2. When you arrive I probably (pick) fruit. 3. When we reach England it (rain) probably. 4. I'll call for her at eight.— No, don't; she still (have) breakfast then. 5. I (wait) for you when you come out. 6. When you next see me I (wear) my new dress. 7. I'll give Jack your message. I can do it easily because I (see) him tomorrow. We go to work on the same train. 8. In a hundred years' time people (go) to Mars for their holidays. 9. I (use) the car this after - noon. 10. I (see) you again. 11. I'll come at three o'clock.— Good, I (expect) you. 12. What do you think the children (do) when we-get home? — I expect they (have) their supper. 13. The garden (look) its best next month. 14. We've just got to the top in time. The sun (rise) in a minute. 15. Air hostess: We (take off) in a few minutes. Please fasten your safety belts. 16. Let's go out tomorrow because Mary (practise) the piano all day. 17. Don't ring her up now, she (put) the children to bed. Ring later. 18. That football club has lost some of its players. They (look) out for new men. 19. When 1 get home my dog (sit) at the door waitiQg for me. 20. The doctor is over sixty, but he doesn't want to retire. 1 think he still (work) when he is seventy. 21. She is retiring soon; she (not teach) in this school much longer.
Use the Future Continuous where possible.
Note.The Future Continuous is often used to express an action which is supposed or anticipated in the future (to anticipate – предвидеть, предвкушать).
1. Will you have a cup of tea? - No, thank you. I (to have) lunch soon. 2. I hope I (to sleep) peacefully tonight. 3. My boys (to go) back to college in a week's time, and I (to be) alone again. 4. What tasty little cakes! I expect you (to make) some more cakes like these while I stay with you, Auntie! 5. I must be off now. They (to wonder) what has happened to me. 6. I'm sure they (to meet) us at the station. I (to be) so glad to see them! 7. Will you, please, wait a little? He (to come) home soon. 8. I don't want to disturb you. I know you (to pack). 9. It's just the time to see him. He (to work) in his little garden. 10. He is supposed to be very busy then. He (to prepare) for his examination. 11. Just a second. You (to see) Cora shortly? 12. What game he (to play) tomorrow? 13. I suppose you (to meet) your people? 14. You (to see) him tomorrow by any chance?
Use the Future Continuous where possible. Remember that the Future Continuous is often used to express an action which is supposed or anticipated in the future.
1. When I get up tomorrow, the sun (shine).
2. How can I contact you while you are out of town? – I (stay) at the Sheraton Hotel. You can reach me there.
3. “Sorry, this letter is in German. Can you help me?” – “Okay. I (translate) it for you.
4. “I am cold.” – “I (make) you a cup of hot tea.
5. Next year at this time, I (do) exactly the same I am doing now. I (study) hard.
6. Just think. Five days from now I (lie) on the beach in the sun.
7. I (begin) studying at six. If you come at seven, I still (study).
8. Please return soon! I (think) about you.
9. When I arrive at the airport, Jill (wait) for me.
10. Give me the directions and I (find) my way.
Translate into English.
1. Я должна идти, мама будет ждать меня.
2. «Все это будет происходить со мной, и очень скоро», - подумал я.
3. Я не знала, что Кора больна. Навещу ее завтра.
4. Я легко могу представить, что будут делать мои родители, когда я приеду: отец будет читать газету, а мама готовить мой любимый пирог.
5. Майк даже не дотронется до фортепьяно, как только закончит музыкальную школу.
6. Я увижу Генри сегодня вечером. Хотите, чтобы я передал ему что-нибудь?
7. Боб обещал прийти. Полагаю он опять будет рассказывать нам забавные истории.
8. Я полагаю, что мне пора идти обратно. Нэн будет недоумевать, где я.
9. Надеюсь, этой ночью я буду спать спокойно.
10. Малышка будет похожа на маму, когда станет постарше.
37. Put the verbs in brackets into the Future Perfect Tense.
1. In a fortnight's time we (take) our exams. 2. I(finish) this book by tomorrow evening. 3. By the end of next year I (be) here twenty-five years. 4. I'll still be here next summer but Tom (leave). 5. I (finish) this job in twenty minutes. 6. By next winter they (build) four houses in that field. 7. By the end of my university course I (attend) 1,200 lectures. 8. By the end of the term I (read) all the books on the list. 9. I'm going to Hyde Park to hear the people making speeches.— You'll be too late. By the time you get there they (finish) their speeches and everybody (go) home. 10. By the end of the month 5,000 people (see) this exhibition. 11. After this performance I (see) "Hamlet" twenty-two times. 12. Tourist: We've only got five hours in Rome, we are leaving at six; but I'm sure that we (see) everything of importance by then. 13. Householder to Zoo: One of your elephants is in my garden eating my tomatoes.— Zoo official: The elephant keeper will be with you in half an hour.— Householder: Your elephant (eat) all my tomatoes by then. 14. By half past seven we (have) supper. 15. By the end of the year I (read) three of Shakespeare's plays. 16. He (finish) the building of the house before summer. 17. I hope you (not forget) all about the Future Perfect Tense by the next lesson.
38. The Use of the Present Simple Tense in Adverbial Clauses of Time and Condition with the Meaning of the Future. Put the verbs in brackets into the Present Simple or the Future Simple Tense.
e. g. If you don't go to bed early tonight, you'll feel very tired tomorrow morning.
1. The old gentleman doesn't go out in winter. He (go) out when the weather (get) warmer. 2. I (wait) for the doctor until he (come) back from the hospital. 3. I'm afraid the old woman (die) before she (see) her son. 4. The teacher said, "I (begin) the lesson as soon as Jack (stop) talking." 5. He (not pass) the examination next summer if he not (work) much harder. 6. He (have) a bad accident if he (not drive) more carefully. 7. She's flying to Rome tomorrow. She (send) her family a telegram as soon as she (arrive). 8. She told her guests, "We (have) lunch when my son (come) home from school." 9. You (be) late if you (not take) a taxi. 10. I (not speak) to him again if he (not apologize). 11. We (have) a picnic tomorrow if it (be) a fine day. 12. I (finish) reading this book before I (go) to bed. 13. I'm sure he (write) to me as soon as he (know) my new address. 14. Peter has borrowed my dictionary. He (give) it back when he (see) me tomorrow. 15. The postman (start) work tomorrow before the sun (rise). 16. The little boy (not be) happy until his father (buy) him a bicycle. 17. She (wash) my shirts tomorrow if she (have) time. 18. We (go) out when it (stop) raining. 19. If he (not run) he (not catch) the train. 20. If you (think) it over you (see) that I am right. 21. If you (learn) another language you (get) a better job. 22. He (mind) if I (bring) my dog? 23. What your father (say) when he (hear) about this accident? 24. His father (not give) him any more money until he (learn) not to waste it. 25. He said, "I (not retire) before I (be) sixty-five."
39. Insert the missing conjunctions and comment on the use of tenses in the following sentences. (Conjunctions to be used: when, till, before, after, as soon as, while, if):
1. I shall believe it ... I see it. 2. You must wait ... the light changes to green. 3. I shall be ready ... you count ten. 4. He will ring up for the taxi ... you finish packing. 5. I shall tell you a secret... my brother goes out. 6. We shall be starting immediately ... you finish your dinner. 7. I don't think he will write ... he arrives. 8. I shall always remember you ... I live. 9. I shall be preparing breakfast... you are taking a shower. 10. I shall put on my raincoat ... it starts to rain. 11. He'll tell you ... you ask him. 12. ... you stay in the reading-hall I'll be working in the laboratory. 13. He will stay here ... you come. 14. ... they show me their homework, I will correct it.
40. Translate what is given in brackets using the Present Simple or the Future Simple:
1. You will enjoy yourself if you (поедете на Кавказ). 2. Ask him if he (поедет на Кавказ). 3. We shan't be able to go out if (будеи сильный дождь). 4. They say (собирается дождь); the clouds are gathering. 5. I don't know when he (придет); the weather is so nasty. 6. Tell him to wait when he (придет). I may be late. 7. Tell Mother we (не скоро вернемся), it's much too far away. 8. Tell Mother not to worry if we (не скоро вернемся); it's much too far away. 9. I'll talk to him about it if I (увижу его сегодня). 10. I'm not sure if I (увижу его сегодня). 11. She will take the children out for a walk if she (окончит работу раньше). 12. I don't know if she (окончит работу раньше); she has got a lot to do. 13. The rain won't do him any harm if he
наденет плащ). 14. Ask him if he (наденет плащ); it looks like rain.
41. Complete the following sentences using the Present Simple or the Future Simple:
1. If you travel by car to the Crimea .... 2. I should like to accompany you in case ... . 3. If the weather remains fine .... 4. We shall wait till ... . 5. I should like to know when ... . 6. Don't go away before .... 7. Tell me when ... . 8. The rain will soak us to the skin unless ... . 9. He is clever enough to understand what you want if .... 10. If it looks like rain ... . 11. I am not quite sure if .... 12. I understand you are going to stay at home till ... . 13. Please, ring me up as soon as ... . 14. We'd better stay at home if ... . 15. You may go skating after .... 16. Don't forget to remind him tomorrow in case ... . 17. We'll remain here and wait for you until.... 18. He must join us tomorrow; ask him when .... 19. I'm afraid I shan't be able to join you before ... . 20. She promised to come tonight. Please try to find out if....
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-09-20; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 18.104.22.168 (0.015 с.)