Заглавная страница Избранные статьи Случайная статья Познавательные статьи Новые добавления Обратная связь
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
THE TRANSWORLD LUXURY TOURISM (TWLT) is the most exciting new concept of this season. It provides exclusive facilities for corporate leisure and entertainment in the most beautiful and interesting places all over the world.
We are looking for a creative, energetic and outgoing person to market luxury travel packages to the corporate travel industry worldwide. You must have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, experience of working in the leisure or corporate travel sector, to enjoy international travel and contact. Ideally, you are 25-37 years old, and fluent in English.
Attractive salary, car, and bonus.
Please send resumes or apply to:
Box No 1234, Condale Ave,
London SW1 2DX
1. Why are "excellent interpersonal and presentation skills" required for this job?
2. Would you like to get this job? Why? Give your reasons.
Ex.2. Match the definitions in A with the correct adjective or phrases in B.
Ex.3. Write a short description of someone you like (or dislike) in your personal or professional life.
MODEL. My boss is very energetic. She works about 12 hours a day. She is a patient woman, and always has time to talk to us if we have a problem.
Read and discuss the text
A Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) is an objective written summary of your personal, educational, and experience qualifications. It packages your assets in the form of a convincing advertisement, which sells you for a specific job. A resume is a kind of written sales presentation. An effective resume creates a favourable impression of you while presenting your abilities and experience.
The basic requirements for a good resume are:
• brevity: one page is preferable, but not more than two pages;
• top quality paper;
• perfect spelling and grammar;
• no typographical errors;
• attractive layout.
Your personal data sheet contains most of the information you need to prepare a resume. Now you have to select and arrange that information in the way that best relates your background to the work you seek. Every resume is an individualized presentation of your qualifications for a particular job. It means that you may prepare a few different resumes, depending on the types of jobs you are applying for. You can choose from among four types of resumes:
• Chronological resumelists work experience or education in reverse chronological order. It describes responsibilities and accomplishments associated with each job or educational experiences.
• Functional resumelists functional skills and experience separately from employment history.
• Combination (functional/chronological) resumedraws on the best features of the chronological and functional resumes. It high lights an applicant's capabilities and includes a complete job history.
• Targeted resumeemphasizes capabilities and accomplishments relating to the specific job applied for. Work experience is briefly listed in a separate section.
Resumes provided for graduate school admission highlight your skills, professional experience, accomplishments, and academic history in much the same way as “job” resumes. The difference is that an admissions resume will focus on what transitions well to the classroom, not to the workplace.
The most popular with the recruiters nowadays is the combination resume, which includes:
To strengthen your resume you may use action verbs like:
Analyzed – аналізував
Administered, managed – вів справи, керував
Completed – проводив роботу
Created – створював
Evaluated – визначав (кількість, вартість); підраховував
Implemented – впроваджував
Improved – удосконалював
Investigated – дослідив, вивчив
Organized – організував
Participated – брав участь
Performed – виконав
Planned – планував
Proposed – запропонував
Provided – забезпечив
Researched – досліджував
Solved – вирішив (проблему, задачу)
Streamlined – модернізував
Supervised – завідував
Supported – підтримував
Knowing what to excludefrom your resume is as important as knowing what to include. Here is a list of details to exclude from your resume:
• Height, weight, hair or eye colour;
• Comments about your family, spouse, or children;
• Your photograph (unless you are applying for modeling or acting job);
• Travel restrictions;
• Preferences for work schedule, days off, or overtime;
• Salary demands or expectations.
The trend in resumes today is to omit personal data, such as birth date, marital status, religion, nationality.
Very few people have good resumes. If English is not your native language or if you come from another country, it can be even more difficult to know the right things to do. Some special suggestions will help you write a perfect resume:
1. Adapt your resume to the information you have gathered about the employer and the job you want.
2. Use action verbs, they will bring your resume to life.
3. Avoid the pronoun "I". Describe your skills and capabilities by using as many specific words as possible.
4. Highlight your accomplishments and achievements.
5. Keep it simple and clear: two pages at most.
6. Be truthful. Don't exaggerate or misrepresent yourself. Remember that employers check the information.
7. Don't mention salary.
8. Avoid long sentences. Use the minimum number of words and phrases but avoid abbreviations.
9. Looks are important. The resume should be typed with plenty of white space and wide margins. Place headings at the left side of the page, and the details relating to them on the right side.
10. Make sure there are no errors in spelling; punctuation, or typing.
11. Don't sign or date the resume.
12. Always send an original of your resume. Don't send a photocopy.
13. Keep copies of resumes on file for future reference. Once you have a job, update your resume on a regular basis.
Ex.1. Answer the questions.
1. What is a resume? Give all possible definitions of it.
2. What are the basic requirements for a good resume?
3. How many types of resumes do you know? What do they differ in?
4. What type of resume is the most popular with the recruiters?
5. What information is recommended to exclude from your resume?
6. Which of special suggestions that can help you write a perfect resume do you think are the most important?
Ex.2. Read the resume (A), and extracts from the covering letter (B). Match the letter extracts to the relevant parts of her resume.
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-07-11; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 18.104.22.168 (0.014 с.)