ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
B. Change these sentences into reported speech. Tell your friend what Miranda said.
Exercise 2: Read the jokes and retell them in indirect speech
1. If an Englishman gets run down by a truck, he apologizes to the truck.
2. A foreign visitor to England is completely baffled by the language and struggles with the pronunciation of words such as "enough", "bough" and "though". He usually gives up altogether when he reads a local newspaper headline "Fete Pronounced Success".
3. An American tourist comes to London to stay at a top hotel. He picks up the phone one morning and asks for room service. He says, "I want three overdone fried eggs that are hard as a rock, toast that is burnt to a cinder and a cup of black coffee that tastes like mud."
"I'm sorry, sir," replies room service, "we don't serve breakfast like that." "Well, you did yesterday!"
Exercise 3:Change the sentences into indirect speech. Use the verbs in brackets.
1. Smile, and say Cheese! (ask) 2. Now then, darling, don't cry! (beg) 3. Never trust a stranger! (advise) 4. Freeze! Dismiss! (command) 5. Never, never answer me back! (order) 6. Don't let's stand here in the middle of the road, (offer). 7. Open your mouth wide and say R! (ask) . 8. Don't cheat like a crook. (warn) 9. Don't pull the cat's tail! He may scratch you. (order) 10. Make haste slowly, (advise) 11. Relax, it's not the end of the world, (recommend).12. Now don't get me wrong, (warn) 13. Never say "never", (advise) 14. Welcome to Jurassic Park, (invite).
Tasks / Тапсырмалар:
1. Text “Basic troubles of transmission mechanism”
2. Grammar: Reported speech
Read and translate the text
Basic Troubles of Transmission Mechanism
The transmission of the engine torque to the driving wheels of the automobile must be smooth. There should be no vibration in the operation of transmission mechanism within the range of travelling speeds.
The indications of malfunctions in the transmission mechanism components are as follows: 1) incomplete disengagement of the clutch; 2) difficult engagement or self-demeshing of gears; 3) run out and vibration of the cardan-drive shaft.
What to do in these cases:
1) Check the free travel of the clutch pedal and adjust it.
2) Check the oil level in the gearbox housing and wash breather channel.
3) Check to see that all the fastening bolts are securely tightened and that the trunnion crosses fit properly the bearings, and the bearings, in turn, the universal-joint forks.
Read, translate and learn the dialogue
Teacher: Let's speak about the transmission mechanism. What main units does the transmission include?
Student: The transmission is the entire mechanism between the engine and the rear wheels. It includes the clutch, gearbox, cardan shaft, rear axle, final drive and differential.
T.: What does the clutch connect?
S.: The clutch connects the engine with the gearbox.
T.: And what does the gearbox do?
S.: The gearbox changes the speed of the car.
T.: What does the differential enable?
S.: The differential enables the driving wheels to move at different speeds when turning the car.
T.: For what purpose is the steering system used?
S.: The steering system is used for changing the direction of the car movement.
T.: And what is the function of the brakes?
S.: Brakes are used to slow or stop the car.
T.: That's right. You know the subject very well.
Exercise 1:Change the sentences into indirect speech
1. I confess that I'm a shopaholic. 2. Let me tell you that every time I see you, I'm shining like a candle in the night. 3. He is terribly sorry for the things he has done. 4. It's a beautiful fish, we shall let it go. 5. I'm sorry to say that I don't believe you and I never will. 6. The inspector worked hard, but it didn't get him anywhere. 7. This film is a work of fiction. 8. Can you kiss me goodbye? 9. We are having a very lazy time. 10. David saw a flying saucer last summer. 11. — I have a chronic headache. My organism needs a painkiller. — Take this pill. It will have an immediate effect. Though it may have some side effects as well.
Exercise 2:Retell the following jokes in indirect speech
1) Dentist: Stop screaming! I haven't touched your tooth yet.
Barry: I know, but you're standing on my foot.
2) Bill: Why the glum look?
Stan: I just don't understand today's world. My son wears an earring. My daughter has a tattoo. My wife makes twice what I do.
Bill: So what are you going to do?
Stan: I'm going home to my father.
3) Mother: What kind of person is your new boyfriend? Is he respectable?
Daughter: Of course he is, Mom. He's thrifty, doesn't drink or smoke, has a very nice wife and three well-behaved children. (from "Stupid Men's Jokes")
Tasks / Тапсырмалар:
1. Dialogue “Tracing a fault”, “At the repairing shop”
2. Grammar: Participle I
1. Read, translate and learn the dialogue:
Tracing a Fault
Nick: Peter, I know you are a good driver. I would like you to have a look at my car.
Peter: What's wrong with your car?
N.: I don't know.
P.: Let me have a look. When did you have your plugs checked?
N.: Three days ago. I thought I had run out of fuel but the tank is half full.
P.: The carburetor is in order but the engine is misfiring. I guess the battery has run down. It needs recharging.
N.: Too bad.
P.: Don't get upset about it. It won't take you long to have your battery recharged.
N.: Do you really think so?
P.: I am sure of it. I advise you to have the engine greased.
N.: I'll follow your advice. Thank you, Peter.
P.: Don't mention it, Nick. I'm very sorry I couldn't help you.
N.: Well, you helped me to find the fault. Thanks a lot. Good-bye.
P.: See you later.
At the Repairing Shop
Client: Good afternoon! Can you help me? There is something wrong with the engine.
Master: Hi! What is wrong with it?
С.: I don't know. It wouldn't start. Maybe the pistons and valves are in disorder.
M.: Let's have a look! Well, they are quite right.
C.: And what about the crankshaft, or electric spark plugs. I know absolutely nothing about the operating cycle of the engine.
Just a moment. Don't worry! We shall check up all units and how they work together.
Some time later
M.: My God! There is no petrol in the tank. How can you move drive?
C.: Really? Oh, I have forgotten to fill in the tank! I beg your pardon to trouble you!
M.: No trouble, at all. You are welcome!
Есімше (The Participle).
Ағылшын тілінде есімше етістіктің жіктелмеген формасы. Ағылшын есімшесі сөйлемде анықтауыштың немесе пысықтауыштың қызметін атқарады.
Өзінен кейін тура толықтауышты қабылдайтын етістіктердің негізгі етісте екі есімше формасы және ырықсыз етісте үш есімше формасы бар.
Өзінен кейін тура толықтауышты қабылдамайтын етістіктердің тек негізгі етісте үш есімше формасы бар.
Есімшенің жай формалары.
Есімшенің жай формаларының жасалуы.
Present Participle Active.
Present Participle Active етістіктің инфинпитив формасына (to бөлшегінсіз) –ing жалғауын жалғау арқылы жасалады.
to read оқу reading оқып жатырған.
to buy сатып алу, buying сатып алып жатырған.
Exercise 1: Paraphrase the following using Participle I where it is possible.
Example: The man who is speaking to Mary is a well-known surgeon. — The man speaking to Mary is a well-known surgeon.
1. The woman who is working in the garden is my sister. 2. The man who made a report yesterday came back from the USA. 3. I couldn't ring them up because I did not know their telephone number. 4. We went to see our friends who had just returned from a voyage. 5. The sidewalks were crowded with people who were watching the carnival. 6. He had a massive gold watch, which had belonged to his father. 7. He stood at the counter and hesitated, he did not know what to choose. 8. The conferences, which are held at the University every year, are devoted to ecological problems. 9. Unable to attend the conference that took place a month ago, we asked to send the typewritten reports. 10. I looked at the people who were lying on the beach. 11. The people who are waiting for the doctor have been sitting here for a long time. 12. The man who phoned you yesterday is waiting for you downstairs.
Tasks / Тапсырмалар:
1. Speak about: The media
2. Grammar: Participle II
3. Presentation: “Education and science”
1. Speak about:
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-04-21; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 184.108.40.206 (0.015 с.)