ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Fish like a Bit of Silence, Don't They?
Passer-by: Nasty weather, isn't it?
Fisherman: All right if you're a duck.
Passer-by: Come here regularly, don't you?
Fisherman: Yes, I do.
Passer-by: Come fishing every Sunday, don't you?
Fisherman: That's right.
Passer-by: Not many other people today, are there?
Fisherman: No there aren't, are there?
Passer-by: Caught some fish already, haven't you?
Fisherman: No, not yet.
Passer-by: Stay here all day, will you?
Fisherman: I should like to.
Passer-by: You don't mind if I sit down, do you? My talking doesn't disturb you, does it?
Fisherman: No, but it seems to disturb the fish.
Passer-by: Ah, they like a bit of silence, don't they? Same as me. I like a bit of peace, too, don't you?
UNIT 9. INTONATION OF ALTERNATIVE QUESTIONS
Альтернативные вопросы обычно имеют восходящий тон в первой интонационной группе и нисходящий — во второй. Например:
Exercise I. Ask your fellow-student the following alternative questions.
1. Is your name Peter or Nick? 2. Are you twenty or twentyone? 3. Do you study English or French? 4. Are you a student or a teacher? 5. Are you a first or a second-year student? 6. Do you live at home or in the hostel? 7. Do you take exam in English in the fourth or in the third course? 8. Do you read the Times or the Moscow News? 9. Are there 15 or 14 faculties in our University? 10. Have you got a small or a large family? 11. Have you a sister or a brother? 12. Is your favourite subject history or pedagogics?
Exercise II. Make up alternative questions using the following sentences.
1. This text is difficult. This text is easy. 2. She studies German. She studies English. 3. They go to the Crimea every year. They go to the Caucasus every year. 4. Your family is big. Your family is small. 5. There are five members in Ann's family. There are six members in Ann's family. 6. You study at the Institute. You study at the University. 7. She has passed her exam in English. She has passed her exam in history. 8. It takes Helen an hour to get to the Institute. It takes Helen half an hour to get to the Institute. 9. Peter is a hard-working student. Peter is a lazy-bones. 10. There is much milk at home. There is little milk at home. 11. There are many students in the room. There are few students in the room. 12. There is much snow in Moscow in winter. There is little snow in Moscow in winter.
ExerciseHI. Complete the following questions using the words in brackets.
1. Does the University course last four years? (five years) 2. Is this time-table new? (old) 3. Do you do your homework at home (at the University) 4. Do you have many mistakes in your test? (few mistakes) 5. Is your Institute named after M. Lomonosov? (University) 6. Was your University awarded two orders? (three orders) 7. Does your University train students of day department? (evening department) 8. Have you got a seminar in history today? (in pedagogics) 9. Have you got two lectures today? (two seminars) 10. Is she better today? (worse) 11. Does she study well? (he) 12. Is Ann a lazybones? (Helen) 13. Have you read about the system of education in Greece? (have heard) 14. Can you speak Chinese? (write)
Exercise IV. Ask to repeat the following statements using alternative questions.
1. Aberdeen University is old but not new. 2. She studies German but not English. 3. She has sisters but not brothers. 4. He has got a seminar in history but not in pedagogics. 5. She is sure to fail in physics but not in Russian. 6. She has got many mistakes in her reading but not few. 7. There is much work to do but not little. 8. There are 1$ faculties at our University but not 14. 9. The history of our University dates back to 1872 but not to 1870. 10. Today according to the time-table we have two seminars but not two lectures. 11. She knows the system of education in ancient Rome but not in ancient Greece. 12. He likes football but not hockey.
Exercise V. Listen to short dialogues. Mark the stresses and tunes. Read them.
1. — Does Peter play indoor or outdoor games?
— Outdoor games, I think.
— Does he prefer football or hockey?
— Neither. He is fond of lawn tennis and motor-cycling.
— Is it easy or difficult to be in the sports club?
— It is not very difficult, especially if you are a good sportsman.
2. — Do you often travel?
— Yes, I like travelling.
— Do you travel for pleasure or on business?
. — Do you like to travel by air or by train?
— By air. It combines comfort and speed.
Exercise VI. Make up short dialogues with alternative questions and reproduce them.
Exercise VII. Play the game "Where is it" using the alternative questions. Guess the city (country, river, ocean, mountain, etc.). The list of questions:
Is it in Asia or in Europe?
Is it in a big or a small town?
Is it near the mountains or near the sea?
Is it in the north or in the south? etc.
There must be no more than 10 questions.
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 126.96.36.199 (0.003 с.)