Заглавная страница Избранные статьи Случайная статья Познавательные статьи Новые добавления Обратная связь
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Exercise 2. Put four questions of different types to each sentence (general, special, alternative, disjunctive).
Model: They will influence the consumer to buy their automobiles.
1.Will they influence the consumer to buy their automobiles?
2. Who will influence the consumer to buy their automobiles?
3. They will influence the consumer to buy their automobiles, won't they?
4. Will they influence the consumer to buy their automobiles or other goods?
1. Their products will be available in every shop.
2. The company will start their promotion campaign very soon.
3. Our bank will make a loan to this corporation..
4. They will need a lawyer to form their business.
5. I will consult my partner.
LESSON 10 MARKETING
Marketing includes all the business activities connected with the movement of goods and services from producers to consumers. Sometimes it is called distribution. On the one hand, marketing is made up of such activities as transporting, storing and selling goods and, on the other hand, a series of decisions you make during the process of moving goods from producer to user. Marketing operations include product planning, buying, storage, pricing, promotion, selling, credit, traffic and marketing research.
The ability to recognize early trends is very important. Producers must know why, where, for what purpose the consumers buy. Market research helps the producer to predict what the people will want. And through advertising he attempts to influence the customer to buy. Marketing operations are I very expensive. They take up more than half of the consumer's dollar. The trend in the USA has been to high mass consumption. The construction of good shopping centres has made goods available to consumers. It provided a wide range of merchandise and plenty of parking facilities.
distribution- сбыт, распределение
marketing- продажа, сбыт, маркетинг
storing- складирование, хранение
product planning- разработка новых продуктов.
pricing- калькуляция цен
promotion- содействие в продаже (какого-либо товара), например, с помощью рекламы
marketing research- изучение рынка сбыта
trend- тенденция, общее направление
to predict- предсказывать
to influence- влиять
1. What does marketing mean?
2. What activities does marketing consist of?
3. What do marketing operations include?
4. Why is it so important for the producer to predict the trends?
5. How was mass consumption possible in the USA?
Exercise 1. Choose the necessary word and put it in the sentence.
1. One of the aims of market I research is to indicate new... among I people. I 1 predict
2. Advertising must... the consumer I and make him buy the goods produced. I 2 influence
3. Often marketing is called … . I 3 promote
4. In order to sell a new product, a I producer has to consider how to... it. I 4 marketing
5. The goods of this company are not I sold very well, they must think about... . I 5 trends
6. Sometimes it is difficult to influence I ... through advertising. I 6 distribution
7. If you what to produce something I new, you should start with... . I 7 market research
8. A producer wants to... the I new trends and then tries to influence I 8 product them. I planning
9. … includes product development I and pricing among other things. I 9 consumer.
(Sally and Don work in the Marketing Department of a company, that makes, different meal products.).
Don Hey, Sally, look at these figures. The price of sugar is going up 10% during the next year.
Sally Oh, that's bad. That means trouble for our jam line.
Don I think so too. Sugar is the main ingredient, you know. What's your opinion?
Sally Well, we are not the price leaders in the field and jam is a very price sensitive item. According to our marketing research information consumers aren't particularly brand loyal about jam.
Don I have a brilliant idea. You know, this could be a great marketing opportunity for us.
Sally What do you mean?
Don Well, because of the price rise in sugar we know that the price of jam will go up too. The increase will pass on the consumer, won't it?
Don Imagine, we find the possibility of changing the ingredients in the jam so that we wouldn't have to raise the price.
Sally Then we wouldn't trouble about the price rise on sugar because we'll be able to sell the jam at the same price. The idea is that we could market less expensive jam. What a promotional campaign we could have!
Don Sure. If we do it right we'll sell more and become the leader in the market.
Sally Now the first thing is to talk to Research and Development.
Don Right ant we'll see when they'll have some samples of new formulars ready.
Sally What about marketing research? I think we should schedule some tests for responses to the R & D samples.
Don Well, there is a lot to do. I think we should also change packaging. Now, Sally, that would be great.
Sally Oh, Don, let's hope for the best. If we don't lose the chance, the competitors products will stay on the supermarket shelves.
Don Oh, it's time for lunch. Let's discuss our business in cafeteria.
Sally Oh, sure, we've got a lot to discuss - distribution, advertising…
to go up- расти (о цене)
to raise the price- поднимать цену
prise leader- производитель, устанавливающий самую низкую цену на определённый товар
price sensitive item- товар, уровень продажи которого очень зависит от цены
to be brand loyal- отдавать предпочтение
promotional campaign- рекламная компания
to market- продавать
to schedule- разрабатывать план
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2017-01-26; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 188.8.131.52 (0.008 с.)