Заглавная страница Избранные статьи Случайная статья Познавательные статьи Новые добавления Обратная связь
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Поставьте предложения в отрицательную и вопросительную формы Present Perfect.
1. We have already read this book.
2. Her mother has already come home.
3. I have lost my keys.
4. He has drunk too much coffee today.
5. She has already had breakfast this morning.
6. She has passed her exam.
7. My brothers have just told me an interesting story.
8. My friend has read many poems by Lermontov.
9. Her parents have asked her many questions.
10. We have already learnt these rules.
2. Вставьте глаголы в скобках в формеPresent Perfect.
1. We … just … (to talk) about it.
2. He … just … (to say) something about it.
3. He … (to tell) us nothing about it.
4. She … (to tell) them some stories about dogs.
5. We … (to have) two lessons today.
6. She … not (to speak) yet.
7. They … (to ask) me several questions.
8. He … already (to learn) the rule.
9. … you (to read) any stories by Jack London?
10. We … already (to learn) a lot of English words.
Переведите на английский язык, употребляя глаголы в Present Perfect.
1. Я уже рассказала эту историю.
2. Моя мама уже приехала домой.
3. Я только что позавтракал.
4. Мои коллеги уже прочитали эту статью.
5. Я уже позвонил своему другу.
6. Мы только что узнали новости.
7. Я уже сделал домашнее задание.
8. Мы давно их не видели.
9. У нас сегодня было три урока.
10. Она еще не читала этой книги.
Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Perfect.
1. When I came home, my mother … already (to cook) dinner.
2. When father returned from work, we … already (to do) our homework.
3. When the teacher entered the classroom, the students … already (to open) their books.
4. Kate gave me the book which she… (to buy) the day before.
5. Nick showed the teacher the picture which he … (to draw).
6. The boy gave the goats the grass which he … (to bring) from the field.
7. He … (not to send) the letter before the weekend.
8. I knew that my friend … (not yet to arrive).
9. Tom … (to return) from the cinema by five o'clock.
10. I (to finish) my work by seven o'clock.
11. He though that he … (to lose) the money.
12. Ann told me that she … (to see) an interesting film.
13. When I woke up yesterday, father …already (to go) to work.
14. Nick thought that his father … (not to come) home yet.
15. Mary told us that she … (to cook) a good dinner.
Раздел 3. Устная речь
Задание. Подготовьте сообщение на тему “Getting a Job” (20 предложений).
A FAMILY BUSINESS
The Warner family has been in the insurance business for more than one hundred years. The company, Warner Insurance, was founded by Robert Warner in 1908, in Boston, Massachusetts. Robert began working from his table in the kitchen and would invite his future and current clients to his home to fill out applications, gather data, contract and service his clients. In less than two years, Robert had established a clientele of over 100 satisfied customers and had moved to an office that he purchased with the gains from his insurance business.
As the company continued to grow, Robert Warner hired his three sons as employees. The eldest son, James, was the Vice President of Operations. His responsibilities included the day to day business operations, accounting, legal and human resources. As the company expanded, James was in charge of opening and overseeing offices throughout the entire United States. James had four children: three sons and one daughter. Each of his children became Regional Managers and moved to different parts of the States. It was sad for James and Mrs. Warner to see their children move away from home, but they were very proud of their children and their dedication to the family business. James was eighty-five years old when he died. He worked for Warner Insurance his entire adult life.
The middle son, Henry, was Vice President of Sales. Henry was in charge of a team of ten salesmen. Their sales territory grew to the entire northeast sector of the United States within ten years. Henry worked for Warner Insurance for over thirty years in which the sales territory went national and the sales force grew to over seven hundred and fifty salespeople. By this time, Warner Insurance became a household name and a multimillion-dollar company. The Warner family was committed to maintaining the company a privately owned business and to this day it continues to be so.
Robert Junior was the youngest of the founder’s sons and studied Marketing and Business Administration in Vasser College in New York. After graduating, he returned to Boston and became the Marketing force behind Warner Insurance and was a major factor in the company’s branding and promotional efforts. Many people say that it was because of Robert Junior’s brilliant marketing skills that the company was able to grow so big and so quickly. Robert Senior was very fond of his three sons, but he had a special affection for his youngest son and namesake, Robert Junior.
Today Warner Insurance stands as an example of a family enterprise that has withstood the test of time and fierce competition in a very competitive market. Many larger, investor-owned companies have tried to purchase Warner Insurance but the family has stood firm in its decision to continue the family legacy and establish an inheritance for its future generations.
Раздел 1. Чтение
Ответьте на вопросы
1. What are the names of Robert Senior’s three sons?
2. Where did Robert Warner attend to his clients when he first started his business?
3. What did the Eldest son, James, do for the company?
4. How many salesmen did Henry have when he first worked for the company?
5. How many salespeople worked under Henry after thirty years?
6. To which of his three sons was Robert Senior most affectionate toward?
7. How old was James when he passed away?
8. What did Robert Junior study in College?
9. What is Alfi’s favorite food?
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2017-01-26; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 220.127.116.11 (0.004 с.)