Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Тренировочное упражнение № 7
Переведите сложноподчиненные предложения.
1. He recognized Katja Schmidt, the clerk who had helped him to open a current account.
2. Sometimes banknotes which are not in circulation are presented too.
3. The deposit account is an account which allows businessmen or private customers to deposit larger amounts of money which they do not need for a time, say three months.
4. You can normally only withdraw money when the amount deposited is die, i.e. when the agreed term or period of notice is up.
5. Money is exchanged at the current exchange rate, which is regularly fixed by central banks.
6. The biggest deal of the year was carried of by Philip Morris of the US which bought the swiss chocolate and coffee group Jacobs for $ 2.2 billion.
7. None of the big financial institutions, who are after all the key players in the battle, have yet decided whether they are going to sell their shares or to whom.
Тренировочное упражнение № 8
Вставьте who илиwhich в следующее объявление о работе.
$ 29,500 plus car
Our client manufactures leisure clothing (1) which is distributed to major high-street retailers. We have a vacancy for a Sales Manager (2) ______ will be responsible for the overall control of a Sales Department (3) ______ consists of 15 representatives.
We are looking for someone (4) ______ is a success in sales and (5) _______ will be able to motivate the sales team. This is a job (6) ______ will involve a great deal of dedication, flair, and enthusiasm, and priority will be given to applicants (7) _______ have experience in the retail clothing sector. We are offering a salary (8) ______ is highly competitive, and perks (9) ______ include a company car, free health insurance, and generous pension contributions.
If you would like to work for an organization (10) ______ is expanding fast, and (11) _______ can offer you the chance to fulfil your potential, send your CV to:
Peter Hodgson & Co, 28 Barton Road,
Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey KT2 5 EE
Peter Hodgson & Company Human Resource Consultants
Тренировочное упражнение № 9
1. The aim of a market leader is to remain the leader. The best way to achieve this is to increase market share even further. If this is not possible, the leader will attempt to protect its current market share.
2. Many banks instruct cashiers that when money is changed or cheques are encashed normal banking prudence should be exercised. But if something arouses your suspicion you may ask for the customer’s passport or you may ask the person presenting the cheque to sign it again or you may even refuse to accept the money or the cheque.
3. Joint venture: This is when two or more companies agree to collaborate and jointly invest in a separate business or project. This type of deal allows the partners to combine their strengths in one specific area. Takeover: This is when one company accumulates enough of another company’s share to take over control and ownership.
4. Promissory notes are documents in which one person or an organisation, such as a bank promises (on behalf of the buyer) to pay a fixed sum of money on demand or by a certain date to another person (the seller).
5. When you open your savings account you receive a passbook or saving book. Every deposit and withdrawal is entered in it. So you always have a complete written record of everything that happens to your account. The interest that your money earns is also recorded.
Контрольная работа № 2
Текст № 1
Money and Banking
1.All values in the economic system are measured in terms of money. Our goods and services are sold for money, and that money is in turn exchanged for other goods and services. Coins are adequate for small transactions, while paper notes are used for general business. There is additionally a wider sense of the word ‘money’, covering anything which is used as a means of exchange, whatever form it may take. Originally, a valuable metal (gold, silver or copper) served as a constant store of value, and even today the American dollar is technically ‘backed’ by the store of gold which the US government maintains. Because gold has been universally regarded as a very valuable metal, national currencies were for many years judged in terms of the so-called ‘gold standard’. Nowadays however national currencies are considered to be as strong as the national economies which support them.
2.Valuable metal has generally been replaced by paper notes. These notes are issued by governments and authorized banks, and are known as ‘legal tender’. Other arrangements such as cheques and money orders are not legal tender. They perform the function of substitute money and are known as ‘instruments of credit’. Credit is offered only when creditors believe that they have a good chance of obtaining legal tender when they present such instruments at a bank or other authorized institution. If a man’s assets are considerable, then his credit will be good. If his assets are in doubt, then it will be difficult for him to obtain large sums of credit or even to pay for goods with a cheque.
3.The value of money is basically its value as a medium of exchange, or, as economists put it, its ‘purchasing power’. This purchasing power is dependent on supply and demand. The demand for money is reckonable as the quantity needed to effect business transactions. An increase in business requires an increase in the amount of money coming into general circulation. But the demand for money is related not only to the quantity of business but also to the rapidity with which the business is done. The supply of money, on the other hand, is the actual amount in notes and coins available for business purposes. If too much money is available, its value decreases, and it does not buy as much as it did, say, five years earlier. This condition is known as ‘inflation’.
4.Banks are closely concerned with the flow of money into and out of the economy. They often co-operate with governments in efforts to stabilize economies and to prevent inflation. They are specialists in the business of providing capital, and in allocating funds on credit. Banks originated as places to which people took their valuables for safe-keeping, but today the great banks of the world have many functions in addition to acting as guardians of valuable private possessions.
5.Banks normally receive money from their customers in two distinct forms: on current account, and on deposit account. With a current account, a customer can issue personal cheques. No interest is paid by the bank on this type of account. With a deposit account, however, the customer undertakes to leave his money in the bank for a minimum specified period of time. Interest is paid on this money.
6.The bank in turn lends the deposited money to customers who need capital. This activity earns interest for the bank, and this interest is almost always at a higher rate than any interest which the bank pays to its depositors. In this way the bank makes its main profits.
7.We can say that the primary function of a bank today is to act as an intermediary between depositors who wish to make interest on their savings, and borrowers who wish to obtain capital. The bank is a reservoir of loanable money, with streams of money flowing in and out. For this reason, economists and financiers often talk of money being ‘liquid’, or of the ‘liquidity’ of money. Many small sums which might not otherwise be used as capital are rendered useful simply because the bank acts as a reservoir.
8.The system of banking rests upon a basis of trust. Innumerable acts of trust build up the system of which bankers, depositors and borrowers are part. They all agree to behave in certain predictable ways in relation to each other, and in relation to the rapid fluctuations of credit and debit. Consequently, business can be done and cheques can be written without any legal tender visibly changing hands.
I.Прочитайте и устно переведите текст «Money and Banking».
II.Из 1 и 2 абзацев текста выпишите 2 предложения во времени Present Indefinite Passive и 2 предложения во времени Present Perfect Passive и переведите их на русский язык. Например: This condition is known as «inflation». - Это состояние
известно как «инфляция».
Once organizational structure has been established, areas of activities must be clearly defined. - Когда организационная структура установлена, должны быть четко определены сферы деятельности.
III.В следующих предложениях из текста найдите причастие I и причастие II в функции определения. Выпишите их и переведите на русский язык. Например: Here’s our banks brochure listing the countries and the limits
they’ll accept . . . brochure listing the countries . . . - брошюра, перечисляющая страны . . . (Part I).
You can use Eurocheques in all listed countries . . . in all listed countries . . . - . . . во всех перечисленных странах . . . (Part II).
1. There is additionally a wider sense of the word «money», covering anything which is used as a means of exchange, whatever form it may take.
2. The demand for money is reckonable as the quantity needed to effect business transactions.
3. An increase in business requires an increase in the amount of money coming into general circulation.
4. The bank is a reservoir of loanable money with streams of money flowing in and out.
IV.Выпишите из 2, 4, 7 абзацев текста придаточные предложения с that, when, which, whoи переведите их на русский язык.
V.Определите тип (0, I, II) следующих условных предложений, взятых из текста и переведите их на русский язык.
1. If a man’s assets are known to be considerable, then his credit will be good.
2. If his assets are in doubt, then it will be difficult for him to obtain large sums of credit.
3. If too much money is available, its value decreases, and it does not buy as much as it did, say, five years earlier.
4. If the customers didn’t keep their money on the deposit accounts the bank wouldn’t be able to make its profits.
VI.Выпишите из текста: 1) 3 словосочетания с инфинитивом, отвечающим на вопрос зачем? для чего?(2,3,4 абзацы)
Например: . . . to obtain large sums of credit . . .
чтобы получить большую сумму кредита
2) 2 словосочетания с инфинитивом, отвечающим на вопрос что делать? что сделать?(7 абзац)
Например: The method permits you to reach a consensus on a joint
decision . . . Метод позволяет вам достичь согласия . . .
VII.Подберите в тексте антонимы к следующим словам:
Paper notes - (1 абзац)
Foreign currencies - (1 абзац)
Liabilities - (2 абзац)
Supply - (3 абзац)
Increase - (3 абзац)
Sell - (3 абзац)
Maximum - (5 абзац)
Borrow - (6 абзац)
Lower rate - (6 абзац)
Flow in - (7 абзац)
Credit - (8 абзац)
VIII.Подберите соответствующие объяснения терминaм из текста.
IX.Письменно переведите 5 и 6 абзацы текста ‘Money and Banking».
X.Запомните слова и выражения из текста.
transaction - сделка
exchange - обмен
valuable - ценный
currency - валюта
coins - монеты
paper notes - бумажные деньги
cheque - чек
assets - активы
purchasing power - покупательная способность
supply and demand - предложение и спрос
increase - увеличиваться
decrease - уменьшаться
increase - рост
circulation - денежное обращение
flow of money - денежный поток
fund - фонд
private possessions - личное имущество
Текст № 2
I.Прочитайте текст. Подберите к подчеркнутым словам и выражениям из текста аналогичные по смыслу слова и выражения из данных в рамке.
Most of the full-time employees at our headquarters in Manchester earn an annual salary, divided into twelve monthly payments. Income tax is automatically (1) subtracted from the salary each month, along with National Insurance contributions. The staff in our London office also receive a London (2) weighting, because living and working in the capital is more expensive. Unlike many public sector jobs (civil servants, teachers, nurses, and so on) our staff do not receive (3) automatic increases to their salary every year. Pay rises are given according to merit, and there is no fixed pay-scale. We have an appraisal system in which the managers (4) assess the performance of their subordinates every December. The (5) senior managers are also paid a bonus at the end of the year if the financial results are good, on top of their basic (6) remuneration, which is already rather high.
The sales force earn a basic salary, plus (7) a percentage of the value of their sales, which is obviously an (8) encouragement to higher productivity. On the other hand, the (9) reps do not receive overtime pay if they work long hours. The (10) potential income of the most successful ones is higher than that of some of the managers.
The hourly paid staff-cleaners, canteen workers, and so on - receive their wages in (11) notes and coins in a pay packet every Friday. Of course this is after all deductions such as tax and insurance contributions.
Because we are in the insurance business we all get at least one (12) perk - cheap insurance policies.
Reps = sales representatives
II.Найдите в тексте английские эквиваленты следующих русских слов и выражений:
1) служащие, работающие на полный рабочий день
2) ежегодная заработная плата
3) подоходный налог
7) процентное отношение
8) высокая производительность труда
9) оплата за сверхурочную работу
10) дополнительные льготы
III.Составьте правильные по смыслу предложения из колонок таблицы.
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 22.214.171.124 (0.016 с.)