ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
Мы поможем в написании ваших работ!
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Упр. 332. Передайте следующие предложения в косвенной речи.
1. The shop-assistant said: "The shoe department is downstairs." 2. The professor said to his
assistant: "You have made great progress." 3. Trip teacher said to us: "You must read this text at home." 4. Paul said: "We shall have to discuss this text tomorrow." 5. She asked me: "Do you know who has taken my book?" 6. We asked him: "What has happened to you? You look so pale!" 7. She said to me: "I hope you haven't forgotten to post the letter." 8. She asked me: "Where have you put my gloves? I cannot find them." 9. They said to me: "Try this coat on before buying it. Maybe you won't like it when you have put it on." 10. Last night I was called to the telephone. An unfamiliar voice said: "Is that Dmitri speaking? My name is Pavlov. I have corne from Moscow today. I have brought some books for you from your friends I. am staying at the 'Europe' Hotel. When and where can I see you?" "Let's meet at the monument to Pushkin in the Square of Arts at five o'clock if it is convenient for you," I said. "All right," he an swered, "I shall be there."
Упр. 333 Передайте следующий диалог в косвенной речи.
What will you order?
Give me the menu, please.
Here you are.
Chicken soup for the first course...
For the second course I recommend you
to take fried fish. It is very good.
All right, bring me fried fish.
Yes, bring me some potatoes, and then
cheese, coffee and fruit.
Упр. 334. Передайте следующий диалог в косвенной речи.
MOTHER. Nick! Do you hear the alarm-clock?
NICK. Oh, I am so sleepy!
MOTHER. Well, that's what you always say. Now,
get out of bed quickly. NICK. Oh!
MOTHER. Be quick, or you will be late for school.
NICK. No fear. I have a lot of time.
MOTHER. You forget that you have to brush your
teeth and to wash your hands and face.
NICK. Mummy, I remember everything.
Упр. 335. Передайте следующий диалог в косвенной речи.
PETER. Are you coming my way?
JOHN. Yes, I am. How are you getting along?
PETER. Jolly well. How did you find the last test in geometry?
JOHN. Rather difficult. I am not very good at
solving problems. PETER. Why didn't you ask me to help you? I'll
gladly do it.
JOHN. Oh, thanks a lot. I shall. Have you got a lot of home-work for tomorrow?
PETER. Yes. You know the time-table, Friday is always a bad day. We have six lessons tomorrow, and all the subjects are difficult. Besides, there will be questions from my little sister. She is not very good at sums.
JOHN. All right, then. I'll come to your place tomorrow evening, if you don't mind.
PETER. Let's make it tomorrow. I'll be waiting for you.
Упр. 336. Передайте следующий диалог в косвенной речи.
SUSAN. Good morning, doctor.
DOCTOR. Good morning, Susan. What's the matter with you?
SUSAN. I feel bad. I have a headache, and I am afraid I am running a temperature.
DOCTOR. Open your mouth and show me your throat. You have a bad cold, Susan. You must stay in bed for two days until your temperature is normal and you stop coughing.
SUSAN. How I hate being ill and staying in bed!
DOCTOR. But if you are not careful, you may fall ill with the flu or pneumonia. I'll prescribe some medicine.
SUSAN. Thank you, doctor. Good-bye. .
Упр. 337. Передайте следующий диалог в косвенной речи.
JANE. May I come in?
KATE. Is that you, Jane? Come in! It is very
good of you to come and see me. JANE. I came before, but you were too ill to see
anybody. Did you get the flowers? KATE. Surely, I did. It was very nice of you to
send them to me. JANE. How are you now? KATE. Oh, I am much better, thank you. The
doctor says that I shall be allowed to go
out in a few days. JANE. Do you miss school? KATE. Very much. I am afraid I'll be lagging
behind the group in my lessons now. JANE. Don't think about it. We shall help you. KATE. Thank you very much.
ynp. 338. Передайте следующий диалог в косвенной речи.
MICHAEL. I say, Bill, can you show me around a bit? I only came here two days ago and I haven't been anywhere as yet.
BILL. Of course, I shall do it with pleasure. Let's go at once. And let's invite Alice to come with us. She knows a lot about the places of interest here.
MICHAEL. That's a good idea.
BILL. Alice, can you come with us? We are going for a walk, and I want to show Michael some places of interest.
ALICE. No, I can't go with you, boys. I am sorry. Mother told me to buy some bread, and I forgot about it. I shall have to do it now. Go without me. I shall go with you some other time.
BILL. It's a pity. All right, Michael, let's go.
Запомните случаи, в которых инфинитив употребляется без частицы "to":
после модальных глаголов;
после глаголов to let и to make;
в сложном дополнении после глаголов
(to see, to hear, to feel, etc.); после выражений: I would rather....
You had better...
Упр. 339. Вставьте частицу "to" перед инфинитивом, где необходимо.
1. I like ... play the guitar. 2. My brother can ... speak French. 3. We had ... put on our overcoats because it was cold. 4. They wanted ... cross the river. 5. It is high time for you ... go to bed. 6. May I ... use your telephone? 7. They heard the girl ... cry out with joy. 8. I would rather ... stay at home today. 9. He did not want ... play in the yard any more. 10. Would you like ... go to England? 11. You look tired. You had better ... go home.
12. I wanted ... speak to Nick, but could not... find his telephone number. 13. It is time ... get up. 14. Let me ... help you with your homework. 15. I was planning ... do a lot of things yesterday. 16. I'd like ... speak to you. 17. I think I shall be able ... solve this problem. 18. What makes you ... think you are right? 19. I shall do all I can ... help you. 20. I like ... dance. 21. I'd like ... dance. 22. She made me ... repeat my words several times. 23. I saw him ... enter the room. 24. She did not let her mother ... go away. 25. Do you like ... listen to good music? 26. Would you like ... listen to good music? 27. That funny scene made me ... laugh.
Упр. 340. Замените части предложений инфинитивными оборотами.
E.g. The boy had many toys which he could play with. The boy had many toys to play with.
1. I have no books which I can read. 2. Is there anybody who will help you with your spelling? 3. Don't forget that she has a baby which she must take care of. 4. Have you got nothing that you want to say on this subject? 5. There was nothing that he could do except go home. 6. I have only a few minutes in which I can explain these words to you. 7. I have an examination which I must take soon, so I can't go to the theatre with you. 8. King Lear decided to have a hundred knights who would serve him after he had divided up his kingdom. 9. Here is something which will warm you up. 10. Here is a new brush which you will clean your teeth with. 11. Here are some more facts which will prove that your theory is correct. 12. Here is something which you can rub on your hands. It will soften them. 13. Here are some screws with which you can fasten the shelves to the wall. 14. Here are some tablets which will relieve your headache. 15. Here are some articles which must be translated for tomorrow. 16. Who has a pen or a pencil to spare? I need something I could write with. 17.1 have brought you a book which you can read now, but be sure and return it by Saturday. 18. Soon we found that there was another complicated problem that we were to consider. 19. The girl was quite young when both her parents died and she remained alone with two younger brothers whom she had to take care of.
Упр. 341. Замените придаточные предложения инфинитивными оборотами.
E.g.He is so old that he cannot skate.He is too old to skate.
1. The problem is so difficult that it is impossible to solve it. 2. Thebox is so heavy that nobody can carry it. 3.The baby is so little that it cannot walk. 4. Heis so weak that he cannot lift this weight. 5. Sheis so busy that she cannot talk with you. 6. Shewas so inattentive that she did not notice the mistake.7. The rule was so difficult that they did not understand it. 8. Hewas so stupid that he did not see the joke. 9. Shehas got so fat that she cannot wear this dress now.10. The accident was so terrible that I don't want to talk about it.11. They were so empty-headed that they could not learn a single thing.12. The window was so dirty that they could not see through it. 13.She was so foolish that she could not understand my explanation.14. I have very little wool: it won't make a sweater.
Запомните следующие застывшие словосочетания с инфинитивом:
to cut a long story short — короче говоря to tell (you) the truth — сказать (вам) по
to say nothing of — не говоря уже о to put it mildly — мягко выражаясь to say the least of it — по меньшей мере to begin with — начнем с того что
Запомните следующие предложения:
The book leaves much to be desired. — Книга оставляет желать лучшего.
Не is difficult to deal with. — С ним трудно иметь дело.
Не is hard to please. — Ему трудно угодить.
She is pleasant to look at. — На нее приятно смотреть.
Упр.342. Переведите на английский язык, употребляя застывшие словосочетания с инфинитивом.
1. Мягко выражаясь, она была невежлива. 2. Ваша работа оставляет желать лучшего. 3. Сказать по правде, я не люблю бокс. 4. Вашей сестре трудно угодить. 5. Начнем с того, что я занят, б. На него было приятно смотреть. 7. Короче говоря, он не сдал экзамен. 8. Мы все были рады, не говоря уже о маме: она сказала, что это самый счастливый день в ее жизни. 9. Твое сочинение оставляет желать лучшего. 10. Это очень странно, по меньшей мере. 11. Для начала, она открыла все окна. 12. С моим соседом трудно иметь дело. 13. По правде говоря, я очень устал. 14. Его поведение оставляет желать лучшего. 15. Мягко выражаясь, вы меня удивили. 16. На этих детей приятно посмотреть. 17. Короче говоря, они поженились. 18. Самая известная книга Джерома — "Трое в лодке, не считая собаки." 19. Вам трудно угодить. 20. По меньшей мере, мы были удивлелы.
Обратите внимание на отсутствие союза «чтобы» перед инфинитивом в роли обстоятельства цели:
То get this book, you must go the library.
Чтобы получить эту
книгу, вы должны to пойти в библиотеку.
Упр. 343. Переведите на английский язык, употребляя застывшие словосочетания с инфинитивом.
1. Чтобы получить хорошую оценку, вы должны упорно поработать. 2. С ней трудно иметь дело. 3. Что делать? 4. Начнем с того, что он болен. 5. Чтобы читать Диккенса в оригинале, вы должны хорошо знать язык. 6. Мягко выражаясь, он не прав. 7. Она была не виновата. 8. Ребенку не с кем играть. 9. Видеть значит верить. 10. Чтобы успеть на этот поезд, вы должны поторопиться. 11. Не может быть и речи о покупке машины в этом году. 12. Книга оставляет желать лучшего. 13. Сказать по правде, мне это не нравится. 14. Им было нечего есть. 15. Кто виноват? 16. Короче говоря, он не сделал урок. 17. В нашей семье мама всегда встает первая. 18. На нее приятно смотреть. 19. Чтобы перевести эту статью, вы должны воспользоваться словарем. 20. Мне некуда ехать летом. 21.0 том, чтобы купаться в этой реке, не могло быть и речи.
22. Ему было не с кем обсудить эту проблему. 23. Вчера Катя пришла в школу последней.
Active Infinitive и Passive Infinitive
to write — to be written
I am glad to help you —
рад помочь (рад, что я помогаю) I am glad to be helped -
рад, что мне помогают
Упр. 344. Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на Active Infinitive и Passive Infinitive.
1. Nature has many secrets to be discovered yet. 2. To improve your phonetics you should record yourself and analyse your speech. 3. This is the book to be read during the summer holidays. 4. To be instructed by such a good specialist was a great advantage. 5. To play chess was his greatest pleasure. 6. The child did not like to be washed. 7. Isn't it natural that we like to be praised and don't like to be scolded? 8. Which is more pleasant: to give or to be given presents? He is very forgetful, but he doesn't like to be reminded of his duties.
Indefinite Infinitive и Perfect Infinitive
to write — to have written
I am glad to see you —
рад видеть вас ( раду что вижу) I am glad to have seen you —
рад, что повидал
Упр. 345. Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на Perfect Infinitive.
1. I am awfully glad to have met you. 2. Sorry to have placed you in this disagreeable situation. 3. I am very happy to have had the pleasure of making your acquaintance. 4. I am sorry to have kept you waiting. 5. Clyde was awfully glad to have renewed his acquaintance with Sondra, 6. Sorry not to have noticed you. 7.1 am sorry to have added some more trouble by what I have told you. 8. When Clyde looked at the girl closely, he remembered to have seen her in Sondra's company. 9. I remembered to have been moved1 by the scene I witnessed. 10. The child was happy to have been brought home. 11. Jane remembered to have been told a lot about Mr. Rochester. 12. The children were delighted to have been brought to the circus. 13. I am sorry to have spoilt your mood. 14. Maggie was very sorry to have forgotten to feed the rabbits.
1 moved— зд. растроган
Упр. 346. Замените выделенные части предложений инфинитивными оборотами.
E.g. He is sorry that he has said it.He is sorry to have said it.
1. She was sorry that she had missed thebeginning of the concert.2. I am glad that I see all myfriends here. 3. I was afraid of going past thatplace alone. 4. My sister will be thrilled when sheis wearing a dress as lovely as that.5. We must wait till we hear the examination results. 6.She is happy that she has foundsuch a nice place to live in. 7. I should be delighted if I could join you.8. He hopes that he will know everythingby tomorrow. 9. It is certain that it will rainif you don't take your umbrella. 10. Don't promise thatyou will do it,if you are not sure that you can.
11. He was happy that he was praisedby everybody. 12. He was very proud that he had helpedhis elder brother.
Упр. 347. Раскройте скобки, употребляя требующуюся форму инфинитива.
1. Не seems (to read) a lot. 2. Не seems (to read) now. 3. He seems (to read) since morning. 4. He seems (to read) all the books in the library. 5. I want (to take) you to the concert. 6.1 want (to take) to the concert by my father. 7. She hoped (to help) her Mends. 6. She hoped (to help) by her friends. 9. I hope (to see) you soon. 10. We expect (to be) back in two days. 11. He expected (to help) by the teacher. 12. The children seem (to play) since morning. 13. I am glad (to do) all the homework yesterday. 14. She seems (to work) at this problem ever since she came here. 15 I am sorry (to break) your pen.
Упр. 348. Раскройте скобки, употребляя требующуюся форму инфинитива.
1. I hate (to bother) you, but the students are still waiting (to give) books for their work. 2. He seized every opportunity (to appear) in public: he was so anxious (to talk) about. 3. Is there anything else (to tell) her? I believe she deserves (to know) the state of her sick brother. 4. He began writing books not because he wanted (to earn) a living. He wanted (to read) and not (to forget). 5. I consider myself lucky (to be) to that famous exhibition and (to see) so many wonderful paintings. 6. He seems (to know) French very well: he is said (to spend) his youth in Paris. 7. The enemy army was reported (to overthrow) the defence lines and (to advance) towards the suburbs of the city. 8. The woman pretended (to read) and (not to hear) the bell. 9. You seem (to look) for trouble. 10. It seemed (to snow) heavily since early morning: the ground was covered with a deep layer of snow. 11. They seemed (to quarrel): I could hear angry voices from behind the door. 12. Perhaps it would upset her (to tell) the truth of the matter. 13. They are supposed (to work) at the problem for the last two months. 14. The only sound (to hear) was the snoring of grandfather in the bedroom. 15. Her ring was believed (to lose) until she happened (to find) it during the general cleaning. It turned out (to drop) between the sofa and the wall. 16. They seemed (to wait) for ages.
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 184.108.40.206 (0.008 с.)