Заглавная страница Избранные статьи Случайная статья Познавательные статьи Новые добавления Обратная связь
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
III. 4. 3. THE FUTURE PERFECT CONTINUOUS TENSE
⇐ ПредыдущаяСтр 9 из 9
БУДУЩЕЕ СОВЕРШЁННОЕ ДЛИТЕЛЬНОЕ ВРЕМЯ
The Future Perfect Continuous is used to denote:
Будущее Совершённое Длительное используется, чтобы обозначить:
– An action which is expected to have begun before a certain moment in the future and goes on up to that moment or into it.
– Действие, которое, как ожидается, должно будет начаться до определённого момента в будущем и продолжаться вплоть до того момента или далее.
e.g. “I shall have been living there for five years next February.”
IV. 1. Simple (or Indefinite)
Exercise 1: Complete the sentences with am, is or are
1. Hi, I … Paula. Nice to meet you.
2. He … 22 years old.
3. My mother and father … English.
4. Fernanda … a Spanish teacher.
5. Philip and Elizabeth … on holiday.
6. Hello, I … Sebastian. I … from Florence.
7. My mother … from United States.
8. I … a taxi driver and my brother … a bus driver.
9. Betty … from Edinburgh and she … 25 years old.
10. My sisters … married.
Exercise 2: Complete the sentences with was or were.
1. My grandparents … married for more than fifty years.
2. When I ... in Berlin last year, the weather ... very cold.
3. It ... very nice to meet you, Mr. Brown.
4. I ... a beautiful day in August. My parents and I ... on holiday at the seaside.
5. The Spice Girls ... popular in the 1990s.
6. The 1970s group Abba ... from Sweden.
7. John Lennon and Paul McCartney ... both originally from London.
8. Franz Kafka ... a famous writher.
9. My first teacher ... a woman.
10. A very interesting programme .... on television last night.
Exercise 3: Complete the sentences with shall be or will be.
1. I think I .... at home tonight.
2. Next year we ..... students of this university.
3. He ..... on holiday in May.
4. My sisters ..... late for the party. I am sorry.
5. Our boss ...... extremely busy next Friday.
6. I’m afraid he ..... out of office on Tuesday.
7. We .... happy to see you again next week-end.
8. She .... very hungry if she stays here without lunch.
9. Jim .... thirsty if he doesn’t take any water with him.
10. They ..... very tired after the exhibition and will not be able to join us.
Exercise 4: Make the sentences negative.
1. Edinburgh is in England.
2. I’m from Ireland.
3. My mother and father are from France.
4. Brazil is a small country.
5. My name is Lana.
6. My sister is married.
7. I’m 15 years old.
8. Martha and Tom are our assistants.
9. My surname is “Howard”.
10. Bob and Tracey are brothers.
Exercise 5: Make true sentences with was, wasn’t, were or weren’t
1. I was / wasn’t born in the 1980s.
2. I was / wasn’t at home at ten o’clock last night.
3. The weather was / wasn’t very good yesterday.
4. The 1990s were / weren’t a good time for my country.
5. I was / wasn’t late for class today.
6. We were / weren’t happy to meet with my future group mates.
7. My teacher was / wasn’t strict during the last exam.
8. We were / weren’t tired after a long walk yesterday.
9. I was / wasn’t absent at my last English lesson.
10. The English text-book was / wasn’t easy for me.
Exercise 6: Complete the following sentences with the proper negative form of “to be” in the Future Simple:
1. My parents .... at hospital with my granny next week-end.
2. I .... present at the international conference.
3. Jerry ..... online after 6 PM. You can get in contact with him.
4. You .... wrong if you insist on your viewpoint.
5. My computer ..... under repair till next week .
6. My son ..... afraid of your dogs, I think.
7. His wife.... upset if she finds out about his debts.
8. Tom and Mary ..... at school after lunch.
9. We ..... very busy after our first exhibition.
10. I .... worried if you don’t come home before 11.
Exercise 7: Fill in the blanks with am, is or are.
1. .... I late?
2. .... your name Angela Zeller?
3. ..... you married?
4. .... Carmen from Spain?
5. ..... you from Japan?
6. ..... Edinburgh the capital of Scotland?
7. ..... it a Japanese car?
8. .... Budapest in Hungary?
9. ..... they American actresses?
10. .... Sting an English musician and singer?
Exercise 8: Fill in the blanks with was or were.
1. .... you near the office at ten o’clock yesterday?
2. .... anybody late for class today?
3. .... your father and mother born in Ireland?
4. ..... Marilyn Monroe’s real name Norma Jean Baker?
5. .... the news on TV encouraging last night?
6. .... your friend really ill when you saw him yesterday?
7. .... the weather nice when you were travelling in Turkey?
8. ..... the children afraid of the horror film you saw on Friday?
9. ..... the food delicious at the birthday party?
10. .... your first teacher kind and generous?
Exercise 9: Make the following sentences interrogative:
1. My children will be quiet during the walk.
2. I shall be right if I do it first.
3. Jim will be absent during the conference.
4. Mary will be really happy to see her dad again.
5. We shall be sure to keep our money in this bank.
6. The teacher will be in the schoolyard after lunch.
7. I shall be at home on Wednesday.
8. The children will be really hungry after the swimming-pool.
9. He will be in London next week.
10. The secretary will be on the phone all day tomorrow.
Exercise 10: Complete the sentences with the verbs in the brackets:
1. Anna (to study) French at university.
2. Our children (to drink) tea in the morning.
3. Most people (to live) in flats.
4. My husband (to like) watching TV in the evenings.
5. My friends usually (to listen) to rock music.
6. The bank always (to close) at 6 PM.
7. Tina is a teacher. She (to teach) mathematics to young children.
8. Shoes are expensive. They (to cost) a lot of money.
9. Water (to boil) at 100 degrees Celsius.
10. I often (to play) basketball.
Exercise 11: Complete the sentences in the Past Simple using the given verbs:
graduate write start end leave walk begin help sing study
1. My brother was at Glasgow University: he .... last year.
2. Mozart .... music when he was five years old .
3. I .... French when I was at school, but I don’t remember very much now.
4. There were no more buses, so I .... home.
5. Mozart .... home when he was only twelve years old.
6. The second World War .... in 1939, and .... six years later, in 1945.
7. Donny Osmond .... singing on television at the age of five.
8. When I was at school, my parents often .... helped me with my homework.
9. This pop star .... with his five brothers.
Exercise 12: Insert shall or will:
1. I .... go out with some friends.
2. I think Diana .... pass the exam.
3. According to the weather forecast it .... rain this afternoon.
4. We …. go to the cinema on Saturday.
5. Clair .... phone you tonight.
6. I’m hungry. I .... go and find something to eat.
7. Enjoy your holiday. We .... send you a postcard.
8. I like football. I .... watch the evening match.
9. I’m very tired. I .... go to bed early tonight.
10. If you train hard you .... win.
Exercise 13: Make the following sentences negative:
1. I play the piano very well.
2. Jane likes children very much.
3. They know my phone number.
4. We work very hard.
5. He has a bath every day.
6. You do the same thing every day.
7. Amanda wears many rings.
8. We travel to the Crimea by train.
9. I drink coffee every morning with my family.
10. Gerry and Linda know many people.
Exercise 14: Make the following sentences negative:
1. My wife lived in Colombia when she was young.
2. Their father died when he was 86.
3. My grandfather worked for a British company.
4. We studied the Past Simple in class today.
5. Dylan played computer games all night.
6. Last night I watched a really good film on TV.
7. Gabriela started her new job two days ago.
8. Yesterday I walked to work.
9. When we were children we had a dog.
10. Erica met her husband when she was on holiday.
Exercise 15: Make up negative sentences in the Future Simple out of these words:
1. be / at home / you / this evening
2. again / happen / it
3. get / they / married / soon
4. the exam / be / difficult
5. go / next week / I / London / to
6. we / be tired / very / at the end of the trip
7. he / anything interesting / do / this evening
8. the porter / your suitcase / you / for / carry
9. tonight / she / go out
10. Sue / present / like.
Exercise 16: Make up questions making use of the given words + do / does
1. where / live / your parents?
2. you / early / always / get up?
3. how often / TV / you / watch?
4. you / want / what / for dinner?
5. like / you / football?
6. your brother / like / tennis?
7. what / you / do / in the evenings?
8. your sister / work / where?
9. to the cinema / often / you / go?
10. what / mean / this word?
Exercise 17: Write questions with Did...?
1. I watched TV last night. And you?
2. I enjoyed the party. And what about her?
3. I had a good holiday. And what about him?
4. I finished work yesterday. And what about them?
5. I slept well last night. And you?
6. I got up before 7 o’clock. And what about him?
7. I bought a very interesting magazine. And you?
8. I had a shower this morning. And what about John?
9. I saw Joe yesterday. And you?
10. We went shopping with children. And you?
Exercise 18: Write questions in the Future Simple using these words:
1. you / work / tomorrow?
2. he / give / the camera / to her?
3. buy / for our children / bananas / we?
4. we / meet / what time?
5. go out / he / with his friends / tomorrow?
6. lend / us / she / any money?
7. how / us / help / they?
8. I / do / what?
9. you / to France / travel / next summer?
10. we / our work / finish / when ?
IV. 2. Continuous (or Progressive)
Exercise 19: Write what the people are doing, using the verbs in brackets:
1. Jack and Susan .................. (clean) the living room.
2. Veronica ....................... (look) out of the window.
3. She .......................... (talk) to someone on her mobile phone.
4. The baby ..................... (sit) on the floor.
5. Ronald and John .......................(have) a cup of coffee.
6. The baby ........................... (eat) the flowers.
7. We ............................(watch) television.
8. The two older children ........................... (do) their homework.
9. The machine ............................ (work) at the moment.
10. They .......................... (wait) for the doctor.
Exercise 20: You saw Joe and Martin in the street yesterday afternoon. What were they doing? Make up positive sentences making use of the given words:
1. Joe / wear / a jacket
2. Martin / carry / a bag
3. They / go / to the dentist
4. Martin / eat / an ice-cream
5. Joe / carry / an umbrella
6. They / walk / fast
7. Joe / wear / a hat
8. Martin / wear / a cap
9. They / smile
10. Joe / drink / Cola
Exercise 21: Write what these people shall be doing at 5 PM tomorrow using the Future Continuous forms of the given verbs:
1. Mary / feed / her pets
2. Susan / ride / a bicycle
3. Peter and Garry / do gardening
4. I / learning / English
5. My mother / do / shopping
6. Jack’s sister / talk on the phone / with her boyfriend
7. Susan’s parent / watch a new film on TV
8. Mary’s brother / wash / his car
9. My father / wait for a train / at the station
10. Children / walk / in the park
Exercise 22: Make negative sentences about these people using the Present Continuous:
1. she / wash / her car / now
2. Carol / drive / her car / now
3. Catherine / work / at the moment
4. children / sing / right now
5. students / pass / an exam / at the moment
6. I / play tennis / now
7. Mr. Hall / wear / a suit / now
8. Mrs. Hall / cook / supper / right now
9. the telephone / ring / at the moment
10. the sun / shine / now
Exercise 23: Make negative sentences in the Past Continuous out of the given words:
1. At 9.45 / she / dream
2. At 11.45 / my father / smoke
3. At 9 o’clock / a Biology teacher / sit in a train
4. At 12.50 / children / shout
5. At 8.15 / sportsmen / run
6. At 10.30 / pop stars / sing and dance
7. At 3 o’clock / I / get up
8. At 6 o’clock / my hand watch / go
9. At 4.40 / managers / train
10. At 7.15 / I / do morning exercises
Exercise 24: Write what your friends and relatives shall not be doing at 8 PM tomorrow:
1. Betty / iron / her clothes
2. Sam and Willy / read / German books
3. My brother / drive / to Los Angeles
4. I / walk my dog
5. My parents / take part / competitions
6. My sister and I / celebrate New Year
7. My dogs and I / play / in the garden
8. Sue / write a letter / to her boyfriend
9. Tom / repair / his car
10. I / speak Italian / to my neighbours
Exercise 25: Ask questions in Present Continuous:
1. working / Paul / today?
2. what / doing / the children?
3. you / listening / to me?
4. where / going / your friends?
5. your parents / television / watching?
6. what / cooking / Ann?
7. why / you / looking / at me?
8. coming / the bus?
9. they / running / along the park?
10. dreaming / I?
Exercise 26: Put the given verbs into the Past Continuous:
1. What........................ (you / do) when the phone rang?
2. How fast .................. (you / drive) when the police stopped you?
3. What....................... (you / watch) on TV at 5 o’clock yesterday?
4. What........................ (Jenny / wear) last night?
5. Why.......................... (you / climb) when they saw you?
6. Where....................... (Joe / run) at 6.30?
7. ....................... (she / wash up) when I called you?
8. ....................... (they / play) when you came?
9. ....................... (it / rain) when you left the office?
10. ......................... (the sun / shine) all the day yesterday?
Exercise 27: Ask what these people shall be doing at 7 PM on Friday:
1. what / your parents / do?
2. where / Jack / go?
3. children / sleep?
4. you / make a phone call?
5. whom / your sister / talk to?
6. who / this team / play with?
7. it / work?
8. Peter / skate?
9. you / have fun with our classmates?
10. where / Jim and Carol / dance?
IV. 3. Perfect
Exercise 28: Write sentences about yourself using the given word-combinations with the verbs in the Present Perfect after the pattern:
1. Write a letter in English. I’ve never written a letter in English.
I have written a few letters in English.
1. Send an e-mail abroad.
2. Receive a fax.
3. Write a story.
4. Send a card at New Year.
5. Make an emergency call.
6. Lose an important letter.
7. Buy a book online.
8. Visit a cybercafé.
9. Travel to New Zealand.
Exercise 29: Write what had happened to Jim and his colleagues before Carol entered the office. Use Past Perfect:
1. Jim / finish / work on his project
2. The boss / leave / for the conference
3. The secretary / drink up / her coffee
4. Tom and Sue / stop / smoking
5. The driver / come / to the office
6. The accountant / go / to the bank
7. Mary and Robert / start / negotiations
8. Jim / talk / to his wife
9. The receptionist / call / everybody / for lunch
10. The managers / go / to a business meeting
Exercise 30: Write what shall have happened to you and your friends by the time you turn 30. Use the following verbs in the Future Perfect:
1. Give birth to a child / children
2. Graduate from the university
3. Visit different countries
4. Study another foreign language
5. Get married
6. Get a second higher education
7. Buy a computer you have been dreaming about
8. Become a champion
9. Travel across Russia
10. Read a lot of interesting books
Exercise 31: Make negative sentences in Present Perfect using these words:
1. I / be here / since 2005
2. Gordon and Sarah / live here / never
3. Rebecca / leave school
4. he / work abroad / never
5. I / see / Steven Spielberg’s films
6. Karen’s parents / live in Scotland / never
7. Diana / meet / a lot of interesting people
8. He / work in a restaurant / never
9. The United States / never / lose / in the Final
10. Norway / score / three goals in the World Cup Final
Exercise 32: Tom arrived to the birthday party of his very rich friend Robert two hours before. Write what had not happened by the time Tom arrived. Use Past Perfect negative:
1. The children / stop playing / in the yard
2. The host / come back / from the office
3. The maid / water the flowers
4. The hostess / cook the pie
5. The host’s brother / cut the grass outside
6. The maid / make beds
7. The cook / finish / cooking
8. The workers / wash the cars
9. Other guests / arrive
10. Rain / stop
Exercise 33: Write what you will not have managed to do by next Christmas because of lack of time. Use the following verbs in the Future Perfect negative.
1. Buy a lot of new clothes
2. Change a lot
3. Learn how to play golf
4. Buy a new car
5. Decorate a New Year Tree for your parents
6. Finish a new project
7. Go abroad
8. Study English
9. Meet your friend from Canada
10. Start going to the gym
Exercise 34: Make questions in the Present Perfect using the words:
1. Charles / go / to Brazil?
2. Jack and Jill / decide / to get married?
3. Suzanne / give birth to / a baby?
4. Monica / give up / smoking?
5. George / pass / his driving-test?
6. Ann / wash her hair?
7. you / be to India?
8. you ever / be / to South America?
9. how many times / you / be / in love?
10. what’s the most beautiful country / you / ever / visit?
Exercise 35: Make questions in Past Perfect making use of the words:
1. he / just / go / out / by the time I arrived?
2. the film / already / begin / by the time we entered the cinema?
3. they / finish / their dinner / when I went to see them?
4. she / already / arrange / to do something else / by the time I invited her?
5. everybody / go / to bed / when I got home?
6. the car / break down / by the time I arrived?
7. I / see / her / before we met?
8. she / change / a lot / when you saw her?
9. he / sell / his car / by the time you phoned him?
10. local cinema / close down / by last summer?
Exercise 36: Make questions in the Future Perfect making use of the words:
1. you / finish the project / by Easter?
2. they / get married / by Christmas?
3. you / repair / your car / by next week?
4. Margaret / translate the article / by February?
5. we / have dinner / by the time he gets back?
6. John / go back from China / by the time you sell your car?
7. Ann and Paul / write the book / by New Year?
8. the secretary / arrange the meeting / by 5 o’clock?
9. the accountants / go back from the meeting / by 3 tomorrow afternoon?
10. the boss / return from the conference / by Friday?
IV. 4. Perfect Continuous
Exercise 37: Make sentences in Present Perfect Continuous. Use these words:
1. he / study / hard all day
2. somebody / smoke / in the room
3. she / lie / in the sun too long
4. they / play / football
5. she / dream
6. Jim is tired. He / look for / his things
7. Ann and Garry / wait / for me / for two hours
8. Mr. Jenkins / live in the South / for ten years
9. It / rain / all night. Everything is wet
10. He’s out of breath. He / run
Exercise 38: Translate from Russian into English making use of the Past Perfect Continuous where necessary:
1. Когда я ей позвонил, она уже путешествовала по Европе 3 месяца.
2. К тому времени, как я пришел, Джон уже покрасил большую часть потолка.
3. Руки Тома были очень грязными. Он ремонтировал машину.
4. Как долго ты уже читал эту книгу к прошлой пятнице?
5. Сколько времени ты катался на роликах к тому моменту, как я тебе позвонил?
6. Утром было много снега. Снег шел всю ночь.
7. Когда я начала преподавать студентам английский язык, они его изучали уже полгода.
8. Когда отец вошел в дом, мать готовила ужин уже полчаса.
9. К тому моменту как я присоединилась к проекту, наша команда работала над ним уже 3 месяца.
10. Когда пришел начальник, секретарь болтала по телефону уже 20 минут.
Exercise 39: Make sentences in the Future Perfect Continuous using the words:
1. we / study English / for a year / next October
2. Jack / repair his car / for 3 days / tomorrow
3. Where are you? I / wait for you / the whole day / by the evening
4. in April / we / work on the project / for a year
5. in July / Margaret / working for this company / for 5 years
6. I / teach English / for 15 years / in 2010
7. fight for their rights / workers / for two years / by May
8. Ann / look for the job / for a year / by December
9. George / for ten years / next year / smoke
10. it / for 3 weeks / tomorrow / rain
Exercise 40: Make negative sentences in the Present Perfect Continuous using the words:
1. he / sunbathe
2. Kevin / live in the USA / since 2001
3. I / study Spanish / for 3 years
4. It / snow / since morning
5. Ann and Bob / travel / since October
6. She / work with him / for a year
7. it / storm / since 6 o’clock
8. the sun / shine / since morning
9. George / feel well / recently
10. My mother / wait / more than an hour
Exercise 41: Make negative sentences in Past Perfect Continuous using the words:
1. we / wait for a bus / by 5 o’clock
2. Jim / dream / when I came in
3. it / rain / when we landed in Moscow
4. Tom and his sister / watch TV when I called
5. I / wait for my luggage / when my mother saw me at the airport
6. my friend and I / smoke / by the time she entered our flat
7. I / work on my computer / by the time my pupil came
8. Elizabeth / read the book / when her parents returned
9. Sarah and Tom / play / when it got dark
10. it / snow / when the New Year came
Exercise 42: Make negative sentences in Future Perfect Continuous using the following words:
1. we / study French / for a year / in October
2. it / rain / when you land
3. the boss / have talks / by the time you come to the office
4. Mary and Sarah / wait for you / by 5 o’clock
5. my dad / drink tea / by the time you finish your job
6. I / read / by the time you return
7. my parents / have holiday / when you come back from the hospital
8. we / swim / by 7 o’clock
9. Robert / have negotiations / by the time our meeting start
10. my son and I / play tennis / by the time my husband returns from the office
Exercise 43: Translate from Russian into English making use of the Present Perfect Continuous:
1. Сколько времени они уже работают над этим проектом?
2. Ты давно здесь сидишь?
3. Он все еще спит?
4. Давно ли идет дождь?
5. Играют ли они в одной команде уже 5 лет?
6. Сколько времени вы живете в этом поселке?
7. С каких пор оркестр играет по всему миру?
8. Сколько времени вы уже курите?
9. Мери давно работает в этой фирме?
10. Как давно вы занимаетесь спортом?
Exercise 44: Make questions in Past Perfect Continuous using the following:
1. they / work for a month / when you saw their article?
2. we / play for half an hour / when there was a terrible storm?
3. she / lie / in the sun / when you came to the beach?
4. for how long / Mary / travel / when Tom joined her?
5. for how long / dream / she / when I came in?
6. you / play tennis / for how many hours / I arrived / by the time?
7. the guests / eat / for how long / by 5 o’clock
8. you / wait / director / for / long / when he came?
9. Sue / walk along the road / for how long / by lunchtime?
10. you / run / by the time the lesson started?
Exercise 45: Translate from Russian into English making use of the Future Perfect Continuous:
1. Сколько времени ты уже будешь играть на скрипке к моему приходу?
2. Они будут работать целый месяц перед тем как вы проверите их работу?
3. Ты будешь трепать мне нервы до возвращения отца?
4. Сколько времени вы уже будете учить английский язык к приходу нового преподавателя?
5. Сколько статей ты переведешь к Рождеству?
6. Cколько цветов ты посадишь к июню?
7. Сьюзан будет работать переводчиком к тому времени как я перейду работать в эту компанию?
8. Дети еще будут играть во дворе к тому времени как мой сын выйдет на улицу?
9. До каких пор ты еще будешь искать свое кольцо? По-моему, его не найти на этой поляне.
10. Сколько денег ты уже заработаешь к тому времени как закончишь этот проект?
Exercise 46: Replace the infinitives in brackets by appropriate verb forms:
1. Where you (to be) and what you (to do)? You look so tired!
2. Where you (to be) yesterday evening? I (to call) on you but there (to be) no light in the window.
3. Do you know this man? I (to meet) him rather often when we lived in the same town.
4. Where you (to put) my note-book? I (to put) it on the writing-desk but somebody (to take) it evidently.
5. Why you (not shut) the telephone booth? You will not hear anything. It’s so noisy in the street. – I (to shut) it, but it (to open) again.
6. How you (to bake) such a tasty pie? I (to know) you can bake. – I can’t do it myself but my sister (to help) me.
7. How you (to bake) the pie? - It’s rather tasty but the crust (to burn).
8. When you (to call) at their place last time and who (to be) with you? - Maisie and I (to call) on them on Saturday and I (not to be) at their place since then.
9. You (to read) the story? We are going to discuss it at the lesson. – No, I (not to read). I (to have) no time today.
10. I (to wait) for Elisa for a long time and I am going to leave. Last time I (to wait) for her for half an hour but today I want to teach her accuracy.
Exercise 47: Translate into English:
1. «Доброе утро! Ты хорошо спал»? – «Да, спасибо, мне было очень удобно, и я проспал всю ночь, не просыпаясь. Обычно я плохо сплю на новом месте».
2. Что ты сказала? Прости, я не слышала. Если не трудно, повтори, пожалуйста, что ты сказала.
3. «Ну, как каникулы? Ты хорошо провела время?» - «Да, очень. Мне очень повезло. Все время стояла хорошая погода».
4. «Как он отнесся к этой новости? Он не очень огорчился, что его проекта пока не одобрили?» - «Нет, все было нормально. Он хорошо владеет собою и вел себя вполне спокойно».
5. «Извините, что я заставила вас так долго ждать. Я на минутку зашла к подруге, но не смогла сразу уйти». - «На минутку? Мне кажется, вы пробыли там больше часа».
Exercise 48: Here are some jokes. Fill in the blanks with the proper verb forms:
A patient: Doctor, Doctor, I (lose) my memory!
Doctor: When this (happen)?
A patient: When what (happen)?
A patient: Doctor, Doctor, I (have) trouble with my breathing!
Doctor: Well, I (give) you something that soon (put) a stop to that!
Doctor: Morning! What (seem) to be the trouble?
A patient: You (see), Doctor, I (keep) getting the feeling that nobody (hear) me when I (talk) to them!
Doctor: Morning! What (seem) to be the trouble?
A patient: Doctor, Doctor, I (think) I (suffer) from deja vu!
Doctor: I (not to see) you yesterday?
Doctor: I (be) afraid I (have) some bad news and some very bad news for you.
A patient: Well, what (be) the bad news?
Doctor: The lab (call) with your test results. They (say) you (have) 24 hours to live.
A patient: My, that (be) terrible! What could be worse than that?
Doctor: Well, the very bad news (be) I (try) to reach you since yesterday.
A customer: Good heavens! What (be) this?
A waiter: Why, it’s bean soup!
A customer: I (not to care) what it (be)! What it (be) now?
A customer: I (say), this (seem) to be the worst bacon I ever (taste)! I (not to eat) it! Call the manager!
A waiter: It (be) no use. He (not to eat) it either.
A man (go) to the Police Station wishing to speak with the burglar who (break) into his house the night before.
“You (get) your chance in court,” (say) the Desk Sergeant.
“No, no!” (cry) the man. “All I (want) (be) to know how he (manage) to get into the house without waking my wife. I (try) to do that for years but to no avail!”
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2019-12-25; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 184.108.40.206 (0.081 с.)