What is cloud computing? Is it safe to store the information “in the cloud”?
What exactly is the cloud? It is basically the collection of computers on the internet that companies are using to offer their services. One cloud service that is being offered is a storage method for your data. From music files to pictures and private documents, the cloud invisibly backs up your files and folders, and makes easier the potentially endless and costly search for extra storage space. An alternative to buying an external hard drive or deleting old files to make room for new ones, cloud storage is convenient and cost-effective. It works by storing your files on a server out in the internet somewhere rather than on your local hard drive. This allows you to back up, sync, and access your data across multiple devices as long as they have internet access.
However, if you wish to store information virtually, you must consider the added risk that your information may be accessible to other.
But on the other hand there are some general rules that you should follow to make you cloud computing safer:
· Pick a good password.
· Don't use the same password, your password must be unlike any other password you use.
· Don’t share your passwords.
What are the features of a good website? What is your favorite site?
If you have website you have to make sure that it is well designed, otherwise it is not going to do what it is supposed to. A site must be visually attractive, polished and professional. Remember, it's reflecting your company, your products and your services. An attractive site is far more likely to generate a positive impression and keep old and moreover attract new visitors.
You have a lot of freedom as to what you include in the design of your site but there are some basics that you should keep in mind.
First of all make a good use of color: an appropriate color scheme should contain 2 or 3 primary colors that blend well and create a proper mood or tone for your business and don't distract from the written content.
Secondly, make your text easy to read. Use color combinations that are acceptable if the contrast is within an appropriate range and also use fonts which are easy to read.
What is more, it should be easy to navigate. A visitor should be able to find the information they are looking for without hassle and frustration. The site's navigation buttons should be grouped together.
And finally - simplicity. Keep it simple and don't overload it with complex design, animation, or other effects just to impress your viewers.
What kinds of computer crimes do you know? What is the most popular computer crime?
Computer crimes are criminal activities, which involve the use of information technology to gain an illegal or an unauthorized access to a computer system with intent of damaging, deleting, staling or altering computer data.
There are many types of cyber crimes and the most common ones are explained below:
· Hacking: This is a type of crime wherein a person’s computer is broken into so that his personal information can be accessed. This is different from ethical hacking, which many organizations use to check their Internet security protection. In hacking, the criminal uses a variety of software to enter a person’s computer and the person may not be aware that his computer is being accessed from a remote location.
· Theft: This crime occurs when a person violates copyrights and downloads music, movies, games and software. There are even sharing websites which encourage software piracy. Today, the justice system is addressing this cyber crime and there are laws that prevent people from illegal downloading.
· Identity Theft: This has become a major problem with people using the Internet for cash transactions and banking services. In this cyber crime, a criminal accesses data about a person’s bank account, credit cards and other sensitive information to stole money or to buy things online in the victim’s name. It can result in major financial losses for the victim and even spoil the victim’s credit history.
· Malicious Software: These are Internet-based software or programs that are used to disrupt a network. The software is used to gain access to a system to steal sensitive information or data or causing damage to software present in the system.
· Computer Viruses: Computer viruses are computer programs that can replicate themselves and harm the computer systems on a network without the knowledge of the system users. Viruses spread to other computers through network file system, through the network, Internet or by the means of removable devices like USB drives and CDs.
What is your prediction about the future of telecommunications? What does “the convergence in telecom and IT” mean?
I would like to tell you about telecommunications and their future.
We can not deny the role of telecommunications in our life. The Internet, phones, telegraph, cell phones, radio, television, satellite television, video cell phones are all the means of communication or telecommunication. Nowadays we live in information era, when information is the key and engine of progress. Our society needs to develop means of information exchange for its future developing and growth that is why all types of telecommunication are under the permanent developing»
What is the greatest achievement in IT of the last 150 years? Explain your idea.
The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to link several billion devices worldwide. It is a network of networks that consists of millions of private, public, academic, business, and government networks, of local to global scope, that are linked by a broad array of electronic, wireless, and optical networking technologies. The Internet carries an extensive range of information resources and services, such as the inter-linked hypertext documents and applications of the World Wide Web (WWW), the infrastructure to support email, and peer-to-peer networks for file sharing and telephony.
The Internet allows greater flexibility in working hours and location, especially with the spread of unmetered high-speed connections. The Internet can be accessed almost anywhere by numerous means, including through mobile Internet devices. Mobile phones, data cards, handheld game consoles and cellular routers allow users to connect to the Internet wirelessly.
We use the Internet to access news, weather and sports reports, to plan and book vacations and to find out more about their interests. People use chat, messaging and email to make and stay in touch with friends worldwide.
What subject do you consider to be the most important? What is the least important? Explain why.
To my mind we can't select one subject from other and say that it is the most important, because, I think, that all subjects that we are learning are important and necessary in our future profession.
However, I think that English is one of the main subject.
First of all English is the most commonly used language among foreign language speakers. Throughout the world, when people with different languages come together they commonly use English to communicate.
Secondly, English is the programming language, so knowledge of it will really help us on the future job.
Thirdly, knowledge of English allows you to attend international conferences and events.
What is more, it gives you wider access to knowledge, because many of technical literature are written in English. Knowledge of English therefore allows you to tap into far more of the world’s intellectual resources. If you learn English, you won’t just have access to a greater proportion of the vast amount of knowledge available on the web; you’ll be able to educate yourself still further by being able to read technical books and papers.
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-04-06; Нарушение авторского права страницы