Choose English equivalents to the following Russian one: Не выпьете ли Вы с нами чаю?
A) You’ll drink some tea with us, won’t you?
B) Let’s have some tea?
C) Let’s drink some tea?
D) Have you some tea with us?
E) You’ll have some tea with us, won’t you?
Choose the word opposite in meaning: to be expensive.
A) to be cheap
B) to be wrong
C) to be out of fashion
D) to be dressed in
E) to be tired
10. Choose the right verb: For most of England’s wheat is … here.
The capital of Wales.
12. Fill in the correct preposition: to produce an expression … smb.
Eliminate the extra word: swimming, cricket, haberdashery boating, yachting.
The syllables with weak accents are called
The square where Nelson’s monument stands
A) Trafalgar Square
B) Red Square
C) Central Square
D) Times Square
E) French Square
16. (Mind the text “Martin Eden” by J. London) One morning the postman…
A) Brought him a short thing
B) Gave him a short thick
C) Brought him a short or thin letter - take him a short thing
D) Brought a very beautiful
E) Bring him short and thin
17. Slang belongs to the_ vocabulary
18. Fill in the suitable word. The largest coal and iron fields in Britain are located in the …
19. Choose the best translation of each English sentence (Mind the text "A Day's Wait"): ...as though it ached to move.
A) Как будто движения причиняли ему боль
B) Как будто движения были болезненными
C) Как будто все горело
D) Как будто ему было трудно двигаться
E) Как будто все болело
20. Choose the correct question to the underlined words: They come to the institute at two o’ clock in the afternoon.
A) When do they come to the Institute?
B) When are they coming to the Institute?
C) What do they do at two o’ clock in the afternoon?
D) Where do they come at two o’ clock?
E) When have they come?
Choose English equivalents to the following Russian one: общая комната
Choose the correct word close in meaning: to fry
A) To cut
B) To pass
C) To cook
D) To fly
E) To bake
Choose the proper English explanation to: mantelpiece
A) A structure of steel
B) A structure of metal
C) A structure of food
D) A structure of brick, wood or marble above and around a fire-place
E) A structure of brick
Choose the proper English equivalent to: располагайтесь как дома
B) Make yourself at a place
C) Make home to yourself
D) Make a comfort to oneself
E) Be at home
F) Make yourself at home
25. Choose the correct preposition: The Programme usually consists ... three core components.
I.A. Baudonim de Courtenay founded
D) Theoretical grammar
27. Choose the plural form of the noun: ... are wild animals.
C) The deers
D) A deer
E) The deer
28. Complete the disjunctive question: Kitty doesn't like cornflakes...
A) Isn't she?
B) Does she?
C) Don't she?
D) Hasn't she?
E) Aren't she?
29. In the 17th century English characterized by further growth of vocabulary due to borrowing of words from…
30. Don't come to my place tomorrow. I … a composition the whole evening.
A) Should write
B) Will be writing
C) Will write
D) Must write
E) Shall be writing
1. Choose the proper article: Benny is … only child and there are no boys or girls in the family for him to play with.
2. Choose the proper word or word-combination: Now Benny is eager to have… .
A) a hedgehog
B) a parrot
C) a rat
D) a dog
E) a rabbit
3. Choose the correct modal verb: I … to go there yesterday.
C) was able
4. Choose the correct modal verb: Can I see the dean? …He is busy.
A) No, you may not
B) No, you cannot
C) No, you didn’t have to
D) I’ am afraid not
E) You mustn’t
Choose English equivalents to the following Russian one: Мои часы спешат на 5 минут.
A) My watch says 5 minutes
B) My watch fasts 5 minutes
C) My watch tells 5 minutes
D) My watch slows 5 minutes
E) My watch is 5 minutes fast
6. Complete the following sentence: And since he desired nothing more than a good relationship between his daughter …
A) and her stepmother
B) and her father
C) and his second wife
D) and himself
E) and her mother
7. Use the pronouns in the proper form: Let … introduce myself. My name is John.
Choose English equivalents to the following Russian one: два часа езды
A) two hour's ride
B) two hours’ ago
C) two hours’ ride
D) two o’clocks ride
E) two hours ride
Choose English equivalents to the following Russian one: Чем могу быть полезен?
A) What are you do for you?
B) What am I able for you?
C) What can I do for you?
D) What can I use for you?
E) What could I do for you?
Choose the word or word-combination closest in meaning: to be good at a subject
A) to be well at a subject
B) to be good command at a subject
C) to know well at a subject
D) to know good at a subject
E) to have good command of a subject
Choose the word or word-combination closest in meaning: хорошо проводить время
A) to spend a day well
B) to have a good time
C) to spend well
D) to have a rest
E) to enjoy oneself
Choose the word or word-combination opposite in meaning: to fall behind the group in Grammar
A) to stay with the group
B) to run up with the group in Grammar
C) to help to the group in Grammar
D) to catch up with the group in Grammar
E) to go before the group in Grammar
13. Choose the correct form of the verb for the following sentence: I … my sister to school every day.
A) is taking
B) was taking
D) has gone
14. Fill in the missing word: Mrs. Smith is putting some … on the boy’s plate
D) piece of pie
15. Choose the correct form of the verb for the following sentence: I … my homework when mother came home
A) were doing
C) had done
D) shall do
E) was doing
Choose English equivalent to the following Russian one: строка
A) a chapter
B) a paragraph
C) a preface
D) a list
E) a line
Choose English equivalent to the following Russian one: разбогатеть
A) to come into money
B) to earn a lot of money
C) to go into money
D) to earn much money
E) to rich
Choose English equivalent to the following Russian one: плохо обращаться с кем-либо
A) to ill-tempered
B) to ill-bred
C) to ill-mannered somebody
D) to ill-natured
E) to ill-treat somebody
19. Choose the correct form of the verb for the following sentence: Last night I … tired and … to bed very early.
A) felt, was going
B) feel, went
C) am feeling, going
D) felt, went
E) felt, had gone
Choose the correct Russian equivalent: There’s nothing the matter with the iron
A) утюг в порядке
B) утюг не в порядке
C) ничего кроме утюга нет
D) на утюге ничего нет
E) что-то случилось
Choose the correct definition of the word: the greengrocer's
A) a place where butter is sold
B) a place where we buy carrots
C) a place where we buy papers
D) a place where we buy cream
E) a place where mobile-phones are sold
22. Choose the correct preposition: Senior students spend fifteen weeks … teaching practice.
Eliminate the extra word: act, balcony, cast, compulsory, pit
24. Use the correct tense form: Tom said that he … to see the doctor the nest day.
A) would go
B) should go
C) will go
D) shall go
E) would have gone
25. Use the correct form of the verb: Listen! Who … the piano in the next room?
A) were playing
B) am playing
C) are playing
E) is playing
26. Choose the right modal verb: Speak to her so that she … quieter.
A) may keep
B) may keeping
C) may say
D) may bring
27. Complete the following sentence: When the doctor came he took …
A) our temperature
B) their temperature
C) her temperature
D) my temperature
E) the boy’s temperature
28. Complete the following sentence: I waited for it to be time to give …
A) other capsule
B) one capsule
C) two capsule
D) different capsule
E) another capsule
29. The BBC controls … radio stations.
Under this Queen another cultural and artistic growth was as a result of industrialization.
B) Mary Stuart
C) Elizabeth II
E) Elizabeth I
1. E 2. B 3. E 4. C 5. E 6. E 7. D 8 E 9 E 10. E 11. E 12. C 13. D 14. E
15. C 16. E 17. B 18. E 19. E 20. E 21. C 22. E 23. E 24. E 25. B 26. A 27. E
28. D 29. A 30. D
1. E 2.E 3.E 4. D 5.E 6.B 7.E 8.E 9. D 10.E 11. E 12.E 13.D 14.E 15. E 16.E
17.E 18.E 19.E 20.C 21.D 22.E 23. E 24. E 25.E 26. E 27.D 28. B 29.E 30.B
1. B 2.A 3.A 4.B 5.E 6.E 7.E 8.E 9.A 10.A 11.A 12.A 13.A 14.A 15.A 16.A
17.D 18.A 19.A 20.A 21.C 22. C 23. D 24.E 25.A 26.A 27.B 28.B 29.C 30.E
1. B 2.E 3.E 4.D 5.E 6.C 7.E 8.C 9.C 10.E 11.E 12.D 13.C 14.B 15.E 16.E
17.A 18. E 19. D 20.A 21.B 22.A 23.E 24.A 25.E 26.A 27.E 28.E 29.B 30.D
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-04-07; Нарушение авторского права страницы