Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Ex.12. Translate the sentences into English.
1. Рекламные ролики часто убеждают людей покупать товары, которые им, на самом деле, не нужны. 2. Средства массовой информации вынуждены публиковать рекламу, чтобы оставаться конкурентоспособными. 3. Цель рекламы – увеличить потребление товаров и услуг. 4. Каждый из нас хотя бы раз получал рекламное СМС сообщение. 5. Наружная реклама – быстро развивающийся сегмент рынка. 6. Чтобы привлечь внимание публики и заставить потребителя купить товар, реклама должна быть очень необычной.
Ex.13. Read the slogans of some well-known companies. Match the slogans with the names of the companies given in the box. (A slogan is a short, memorable catch phrase, tagline or motto used to identify products, companies or corporations in advertisements.)
“A Virtual World of Live Pictures”
“We Make IT Happen”
“Ideas for Life”
“Byte into an Apple”
“Light is Faster, but We are Safer”
“Because I’m Worth It”
“I’m Lovin’ It”
“Good Food. Good Life”
“Just Do It”
Ex.14. Discuss the following issues with the group.
What are the most effective methods of advertising? Does it make advertising more effective if children or celebrities appear in advertisements? Why? What famous people have taken part in advertising? What product did they endorse(рекламировать с помощью «звезд»)? Were the ads effective? Do you approve or disapprove of these celebrities?
Ex.15. Role-play. Work in groups of four. Each group is a team in the Marketing (or Advertising) Department of a company. You are going to promote a new product. Think, what kind of product it is going to be, what its target market is, what methods of advertising you are going to use, what celebrities are going to endorse it, what slogan you are going to invent, how you are going to market your product. If possible, make a television commercial or a presentation of the product for the next lesson.
Ex.16. Discuss the following issues:
What is “brand”? What famous brands do you know? What sportswear brands are the most popular with your friends? Do you buy products because of their well-known brands? Why? Are they different from other products? Are they of higher quality?
Ex.17. Fill in the blanks to complete the article about branding. Use the given phrases. Choose one phrase for each sentence.
1. … moved the production of many household items
2. … to differentiate them from those of other sellers
3. … relevant to the target audience
4. … to differentiate one person's cattle from another's
5. … slogans, mascots, and jingles
6. … valuable asset
7. … "branding"
8. … command higher prices
9. … the more expensive branded product
10. … resemble each other
The American Marketing Association (AMA) defines a brand as a "name, term, sign, symbol or design, or a combination of them intended to identify the goods and services of one seller or group of sellers and _______________________”. A strong brand is invaluable as the battle for customers intensifies day by day.
Branding was adopted ____________________ by means of a distinctive symbol burned into the animal's skin with a hot iron stamp, and was subsequently used in business, marketing and advertising.
Although connected with the history of trademarks brands in the field of mass-marketing originated in the 19th century with the advent of packaged goods.
Industrialization ___________________, such as soap, from local communities to centralized factories. When shipping their items, the factories would literally brand their logo or insignia on the barrels used, extending the meaning of "brand" to that of trademark. Companies adopted ________________ . Manufacturers quickly learned to build their brand's identity and personality, such as youthfulness, fun or luxury. This began the practice we now know as ____________today, where the consumers buy "the brand" instead of the product.
A brand is often the most ______________ of a Corporation. The word "brand" is often used referring to the company that is strongly identified with a brand. A modern example of a brand is Coca Cola which belongs to the Coca-Cola Company.
Proper branding can result in higher sales of not only one product, but of other products associated with that brand. Careful brand management seeks to make the product or services _______________.
A brand which is widely known in the marketplace acquires brand recognition. Consumers may look on branding as an aspect of products or services, as it often serves to denote a certain attractive quality or characteristic. From the perspective of brand owners, branded products or services also _______________. Where two products________________, but one of the products has no associated branding (such as a generic, store-branded product), people may often select ___________ on the basis of the quality of the brand or the reputation of the brand owner.
Ex.18. Find in the article words with the following meaning:
1. A symbol that is used to identify a company and that appears on its products.
2. A person, animal or object used as a symbol to represent group (such as a sports team) and to bring good luck.
3. Something that is owned by a person or company.
4. A short song that is easy to remember and that is used to help sell a product on television or radio.
5. Not sold or made under a particular brand name.
6. A category of products that are all made by a particular company and all have a particular name.
7. A mark that is burned into the skin of an animal (such as a cow) to show who owns the animal.
8. Very useful or helpful, worth a lot of money.
9. A badge or sign which shows that a person is a member of a particular group or has a particular rank.
10. To send something to a customer.
Ex.19. Give the main ideas of the article.
Ex.20. Go tohttp://en.wikipedia.organd find out what elements brands are made up of. Tell the group about what you have found out.
Ex.21. Choose a well-known brand and analyze its elements.
Ex.22. Role-play. Your partner is a brand designer. You ask him to help you create a new brand of shampoo. He gives you valuable advice.
U N I T 5
Ex.1. Discuss the questions.
What do you know about the work of a personnel manager?
Who can work as a personnel manager? Speak about education, work experience, personal qualities.
Ex.2. Before you read the text, match the words to their meanings.
Ex.3. Read the text.
Personnel management or human resource management (HRM, or simply HR) is the management of an organization's workforce, or human resources. It is responsible for the attraction, selection, training, assessment, and rewarding of employees, while also overseeing organizational leadership and culture, and ensuring compliance with employment and labor laws.
HRM is the organizational function that deals with issues related to people such as compensation, hiring, performance management, organization development, safety, wellness, benefits, employee motivation, communication, administration, and training.
Effective HRM enables employees to contribute effectively and productively to the overall company direction and the accomplishment of the organization's goals and objectives.
Ex.4. Answer the questions.
1. What do we call people working for an organization? Give 3 synonyms.
2. What is HRM responsible for?
3. What can HR managers do to attract new employees?
4. How do they select new employees?
5. What do HR managers assess?
6. How can employees be rewarded?
7. What kind of reward would be the most suitable for you?
8. How can effective HR management contribute to the accomplishment of the organization’s goal?
Ex.5. Watch Video 8.What things had you learnt from the text before you started watching the video?
Write down what new things about HRM you have learnt from it. Compare your list with your partner’s.
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-04-07; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 188.8.131.52 (0.008 с.)