Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Ex.11. Ask questions to the following sentences in Past Simple
1. Henry Ford became famous for its innovative assembly line.
2. They saw the new machinery at the trade exhibition.
3. The huge programme started in 1946.
4. Bill Gates was the person who invented Windows.
5. She was our PR manager two years ago.
6. There were five leading manufacturers of medical equipment at the trade fair.
7. The company opened a new sales office in Manila.
8. The Managing Director discussed the strategy with the members of the Board.
9. The customers were pleased with the service.
10. The firm gave a two-year guarantee for all the products.
Ex. 13. Read the following dialogue:
John Wilson and Jack Brown are talking on the phone. They are old friends. Mr. Wilson works for a large trading company and Mr. Brown is in the electronics business.
John - Jack?
Jack - Speaking. Good morning, John.
John - Good morning. I am glad to hear you.
Jack - You don’t usually call me so early. Are you at work? What are you doing now?
John - I am at home. I have a day off today. It’s my first day off in two weeks.
By the way, Fred is here in London. We are having dinner with him tonight.
Jack - Bring him over here. I want to see him very much too. Who does he work for?
John- Agrimax. It started as a small company only 5 years ago and now it represents itself in 15 countries around the world.
Jack - Oh, really. I heard something about first-class agriculture machinery they produce. As far as I remember their XP-300 model was a great success.
John - In fact, not all their models reached the public. Their XP-400 model was a failure. It took them one year to develop it, they spent a lot of money on this project but sales in the first 6 months were very low.
Jack- This is international business. You don’t always gain, you sometimes lose. When we launched our first laser printer in Europe there were so many restrictions that we decided to stop producing them. But later we set up assembly plants in Canada, Mexico, and Australia. Now we have a large dealer network and our sales are high.
John - I also remember hard time in my business. In the late 1990’s I directed a development and production programme. We decided to integrate e-commerce into our sales strategy and failed.
Jack - OK, John. I hope to see you two tonight. Why don’t you come to my place with Fred to have a cup of tea and discuss everything?
1. failure – неудача, провал
2. to gain – приобретать
3. restrictions - ограничения
Answer the questions to the dialogue:
1. What difficulties did Fred’s company have in business?
2. What difficulties did John’s company have in business?
3. What difficulties did Jack’s company have in business?
Ex.14. Work with your partner. Make dialogues on the following assignments:
1. You are a business person. You have your own small company. It produces kitchen furniture. You want to go international. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this step with your business partner who opened his first international subsidiary in Italy two years ago.
2. You want to produce an impression on your new friend. Give facts and figures about your international business in the sphere of food distribution which you started 5 years ago.
1. assembly plant (n, C) – сборочный цех
e.g. We want to link our business with telecommunications. - Мы хотим связать наш бизнес с телекоммуникациями.
a wide / narrow range of goods – широкий / узкий ассортимент товаров
e.g. The company reached success in business. – Компания достигла успеха в бизнесе.
to succeed in doing smth. — преуспеть в какой-л. деятельности
to succeed in business — добиться успеха в бизнесе
Consolidation Units 1 – 3
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2017-02-08; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 188.8.131.52 (0.007 с.)