ТОП 10 на сайтеПриготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Техника нижней прямой подачи мяча.
Франко-прусская война (причины и последствия)
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Смысловое и механическое запоминание, их место и роль в усвоении знаний
Коммуникативные барьеры и пути их преодоления
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Образцы текста публицистического стиля
Четыре типа изменения баланса
Задачи с ответами для Всероссийской олимпиады по праву
ЗНАЕТЕ ЛИ ВЫ?
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Passport and Customs Control
Nowadays people who go on (1) _________ mostly travel by air, as it is the fastest means of travelling.
Here are a few (2) ________ on air travel that may be helpful:
§ Passengers are requested to arrive at the (3) _______ two hours before departure time on international (4) _______ and an hour on domestic flights as there must be enough time to complete the necessary airport (5) _______.
§ Passengers must register their (6) _______, weigh in and register the luggage.
Most airlines have at least two classes of travel, first class and economy class, which is cheaper. Each (7) _______ of more than two years of age may have a free luggage allowance. Generally this limit is 20 kg for economy class passengers and 30 kg for first class passengers.
Excess luggage must be paid for except for some (8) _______ - that can be carried free of (9) _______.
It is recommended that the electric signs be watched when a passengers are on board (“Fasten Seat Belts”, “No Smoking”).
Customs (10) ________ are more or less the same in all countries.
When all formalities have been completed the passenger goes to the Customs for an examination of his (11) _______.
As a rule personal (12) ________ may be brought in duty-free. If the traveller has nothing to declare he may just go through the “green” section (channel) of the Customs.
In some cases the Customs inspector may ask the passenger to open his bags for (13) _______. It sometimes happens that a passenger’s luggage is carefully gone through in order to prevent (14) _______.
After all Customs formalities the inspector puts a (15) ________ on each piece of luggage or chalks it off.
Exercise 6.Scan Text 2 again andanswer the following questions:
1. When are passengers requested to arrive at the airport to complete the necessary airport formalities?
2. What must passengers do when leaving the country?
3. What are the electric sign flashes to be watched when you are on board the plane?
4. Where does the passenger go when the formalities have been completed?
5. What do the passengers usually do at the Customs?
Exercise 7.Read the list of regulations below concerning Customs channels at the airport. Then write an interview using the following information. Dramatize the interview.
There are three Customs channels in operation - blue, green and red.
A red channel (goods to declare)
You should choose the red channel (goods to declare) if you:
· have to pay taxes on goods you are bringing in;
· have to fulfil Customs formalities;
· are not sure whether you have to declare something;
· are in doubt;
· have more than the allowances to which you are entitled;
· have any prohibited or restricted goods;
· are bringing in more goods than the goods on which you do not have to pay taxes;
· have to lodge a declaration and pay taxes to Customs.
A green channel (nothing to declare)
You should choose the green channel if you:
· do not have to pay taxes on goods you are bringing in;
· do not have to fulfil Customs formalities;
· are not carrying goods that are forbidden;
· are not carrying goods to which restrictions apply in the country;
· have no prohibited or restricted goods.
Passengers whose journey and flight commenced in another EU country do not have to make any declaration to Customs on arrival and may proceed directly through the Blue Channel.
Exercise 8.Act out the following dialogue:
Customs officer: Would you like to put your luggage on here? Thank you. Where have you just come from?
Traveller: From Madrid.
C.O: Madrid. Are you a resident in Spain, or do you live in the UK?
T: I live in Spain.
C.O: Can I see your passport, please? (checks the passport)
Thank you. How long are you going to stay in the UK?
T: For a week.
C.O: On holiday? Or, business?
T: Yes, on business.
C.O: Is this all your luggage?
T: This is all, yes.
C.O: Who is travelling with you?
T: I’m travelling alone.
C.O: OK, then. What types of goods have you got – cigarettes, cigars?
T: I’ve got just 200 cigarettes.
C.O: Nothing else at all in the tobacco line?
C.O: Any drink at all? Spirits? Liqueurs? Wine?
T: Just this bottle of whisky.
C.O: Was that bought in the duty-free shop, or...?
T: Yes, at Madrid airport.
C.O: I see. Are you bringing any gifts for anybody in the UK?
T: Well, the whisky is a present, but that’s all.
C.O: I see. No other small items – watches, jewellery?
T: No, just personal things.
C.O: OK. Right, Sir. Can I have a look in there? Is the calculator going back to Spain with you?
T: Yes, it is. It’s mine.
C.O: Do you have a camera at all?
T: No, not with me.
C.O: OK, Sir. Thank you very much.
Exercise 9.Answer these questions:
1. Where does the passenger come from?
2. How long is he going to stay in the UK?
3. What personal things has he got?
4. Is he bringing any gifts?
5. Is he travelling alone?
Exercise 10.State the arguments for the following statements:
1. The dual-channel system provides a simplified Customs control.
2. The distance between the baggage delivery area and the entrance to the green/red channel is sufficient to allow passenger to choose the channel.
3. The Customs officer must make sure that the documents of the businessman relate to up-to-date transaction.
Exercise 11.State the arguments against the following statements:
1. The Customs officer always uses tools to examine contents of the baggage.
2. Every passenger is suspected during the Customs control.
3. Red/Green channel does not speed up the Customs clearance procedure.
Focus on Grammar
Exercise 12.Choose the correct tense forms of the verbs in brackets.
Translate the sentences into Russian.
1. The dual channel system (allow) the passengers to choose between two types of channels: “green” and “red.”
2. Customs officers (be) responsible for the prevention of the illegal importation of such items as drugs, guns, etc.
3. Passengers who select the green channel (not be) subject to any other Customs formalities except a spot check.
4. He (pass) through Customs already.
5. They (get) an entry visa in two days.
Exercise 13.Translate into English.
1. Помогите мне, пожалуйста, заполнить этот бланк.
2. Эти вещи подлежат обложению таможенной пошлиной.
3. У меня проблемы. Вы не могли бы мне помочь?
4. Система двойного коридора упрощает таможенный контроль.
5. Он все еще досматривает багаж пассажира из Турции.
6. Вот мой паспорт.
7. Поставьте мне, пожалуйста, штамп в паспорт.
8. Таможенник был вынужден конфисковать эти вещи.
9.Я хотел бы позвонить в посольство.
10.Формальности в аэропорту занимают много времени.
11.Сейчас туристы проходят через металлоискатель.
Exercise 14.Choose the correct tense forms of the verbs in brackets.
1. Tomorrow I (fill in) an exit Customs declaration form.
2. Look, the passenger (put) his suit-case into X-ray machine.
3. Jane and Ann (be) friends for five years.
4. Two hours ago they (show) their passport, visa and Customs declaration at this counter.
5. He already (check) the passenger’s visa.
6. They (sign) all the documents by 5 p.m.
7. When I rang him up, he (read) a book.
8. Molly lives in Scotland. She (live) there all her life.
9. She (work) there for three years. She left last year.
10. They (be) friends for five years.
11. We just (go) to the Customs Academy.
Exercise 15.Translate the following phrases into Russian. Make up sentences of your own.
This route is twice as long as that one. – Этот маршрут вдвое длиннее, чем тот.
His car is four times as expensive as mine. – Его машина вчетверо дороже моей.
A. three times as wide, four times as deep, five times as narrow, twice as big, ten times as clever, twice as strong, ten times as fascinating, ten kilometres longer, some kilos heavier, a kilometre wider;
B. half as strong, half as large, half as wide, half as good, half as long, half as heavy;
C. three times as old, many times as slow, twice as slow, twice as hot, ten times as witty, several times as good.
Exercise 16.Give the correct form of the adverbs in brackets.
1. This sportsman runs (fast) of all.
2. I like this novel (well) of all.
3. My grandmother always asks me to come (close) to hear me (well).
4. My sister speaks English far (well) than I do.
5. The (much) we read the (soon) we enlarge our vocabulary.
6. These sportsmen jump (high) than any other sportsmen in the world.
7. I live (far) from the University than my friend.
8. Please, give me some (much) tea.
9. This student works at her English (little) than that one.
10. My nephew attends theatres (often) than my niece.
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2017-02-08; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 184.108.40.206 (0.017 с.)