Заглавная страница Избранные статьи Случайная статья Познавательные статьи Новые добавления Обратная связь
Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Give the superlative form of the adjectives in brackets.
1. The Pan-American Highway is (long) in the world. 2. The Beatles were (successful) pop group. 3. Japan has (crowded) railways in the world. 4. This is our (old) national airline. 5. The Chrysler Building was once (tall) in the world. 6. Is English (useful) language to learn? 7. This is one of (expensive) stores in the city. 8. The Queen must be (rich) woman in the world. 9. Unfortunately, I haven’t heard (late) news. 10. Is the Mona Lisa (valuable) painting in the world?
Write the correct comparative for these sentences.
1. The Mississippi’s longer than the Thames (long) 2. This hotel’s more comfortable than the other one. (comfortable) 3. I think this shop is … that one (good) 4.The restaurant is … the cafe. (expensive) 5. Simon’s … Mark. (old) 6. I think Scotland is … England. (beautiful) 7. My brother’s … I am.(young) 8. I like this school because it’s … the other one. (big) 9. Accommodation here is … in my country. (expensive) 10. The weather here is … at home. (cold)
Read and translate this text.
Who are the best drivers? Which drivers are the safest on the roads? According to a recent survey, young and inexperienced drivers are the most likely to have an accident. Older drivers are the more careful. Gender makes a difference, too. Young men have the worst accident records of all. They are generally more aggressive than older drivers. One of the most interesting facts in the survey is that passengers have an effect on the driver. When young male drivers have their friends in the car, their driving becomes worse. When their wife or girlfriend is in the car, however, their driving is better. But the opposite is true for women. Their driving is more dangerous when their husband or boyfriend is in the car.
Make questions and try to retell the text.
Adjective – forming suffixes
– ous,- able,- ible, - y, - ive - ful, - al.
a) noun + ful useful; beautiful
noun +ous dangerous; famous
noun + al musical; classical
b) verb + able readable;verb + ible incredible
verb + y sleepy; verb + ive attractive ; affirmative
1. Point out the suffixes in these adjectives and translate them:
fruitful, happy, frosty, musical, political, wonderful, busy, easy, rickety, rueful, ruddy, porous, portable, potty, reflective.
2. Translate these words:
cultural, gladly, newspaper, skater, player, central, famous, busy, incredible, powerful, eatable, faithful, probable, vertical, cheerful, explosive, visible, guilty, accusative, reflexive, harmful, sinful, effective.
3. Make up sentences with words from ex. 2.
4. Make up adjectives from these words:
fashion, pain, intention, crime, eat, change, response, deceit, chivalry.
5. Make up sentences using words from ex. 4.
Read this text and translate it in the written form.
I moved into this flat a few weeks ago, and I’m really enjoying living here. There’s only one bedroom, and at the moment my sister is staying with me because she’s looking for a job.
I work in advertising. It is hard work, and the hours are really long, but I like it. And it’s well paid. The office is really relaxed. No one wears a suit or a tie.
The only thing I don’t like about this flat is one of the neighbours, Mrs. Snell, I think her name is. She is really strange. She never speaks to anyone. I always say hello to her, and ‘Are you all right?’, and ‘what a lovely day today!’, but she never says a word. Maybe she doesn’t like young people?
I had a party a few days ago. It really wasn’t very noise. About ten of us were here until 11.00 and then we went out to a club. When I saw Mrs. Snell the next day, I said I hoped there wasn’t too much noise, but as usual she didn’t say anything. Funny lady.
This evening my sister and I are going to visit a friend of ours who’s in hospital, and then we’re going out for a Chinese meal
Future Simple Tense.
1. Answer the questions:
1. Why will you have to get up early tomorrow? 2. How long will you take if you go to the office by bus? 3. What will you do if you have to give a talk? 4. What will you have to do if you get a bad mark for dictation? 5. What will you have to do if you get ill? 6. What will you do after you graduate? 7. When will you be able to give a talk on the book you’re reading? 8. When will you be able to play a game of chess with me?
2. Ask questions to the italicized words:
1. It will take you two hours to get there.(1)
2. I’m not going to the cinema either because I’m very busy tonight.(1)
3. They will go to the new show next week.(1)
4. My elder brother will lecture on French art next year.(2)
5. The Browns will come back next month. (2)
6. He will have some free time tomorrow.(2)
1. We’ll go sightseeing tomorrow. 2. My son will be seven this spring and in September he’ll go to school. 3. I believe there’ll be a lot of holiday-makers on the beach to-day. 4. Will you go to the cinema tonight. 5. I’m afraid she won’t listen to me. 6. Shall I read the text? – No, you needn’t. 7. There won’t be any new words in this text. 8. My friend will go to the country with me.9. Your brother will come and see you next month. 10. I will have my next day off on Monday.
4. Fill in the blanks with the missing words:
1. We … have supper at 8 o’clock. 2. It …snow in the evening. 3. They … leave next Saturday. 4. He … stay at home all day. 5. I … finish the book tomorrow. 6. She … show you our school. 7. I … get early tomorrow morning. 8. It … rain soon. 9. Nina Serova … take part in our concert. 10. His birthday … be on the 27th of August.
5. Complete this advertisement, using will and the verbs in the box. Use short forms where it possible:
Would you like to fly a plane?
We’ll give you the chance, because we’re offering a free lesson.
First your instructor… … you some important things about flying and safety. Then you …… ready for a flight in one of our planes. And you … … the controls for a short time. (Don’t worry. The instructor … … controls, too.)
You … … it until you try it. In fact we think you … … it so much that you … … to book more lessons.
So fill in the form and we … …your free lesson!
6. Write questions about the free flying lesson, using will and these words.
1. How long/last How long will it last?
2. What kind of plane/ fly in …………………….?
3. Where/ take place ……………………?
4. Need/ insurance ……………………?
5. How long/ in the air ……………………?
6. Be/ dangerous ……………………?
7. Really/ enjoy ……………………?
8. Instructor/ help me ……………………?
9. How much/more lessons/ cost ……………………?
10. When/have/my/lesson ……………………?
7. Complete these sentences:
1. Mrs. Robinson is away this week, but she will be here next week. 2. I can’t fix the car today. I … it tomorrow. 3. We had a great time last weekend. I hope we … a great time this weekend, too. 4. The visitors are arriving today. They … here at about two o’clock. 5. You enjoyed their last concert, so I’m sure you … the next one, too. 6. It …… be cold tomorrow. 7. I … … the computer next week. 8. We …… before ten o’clock. 9. The engineers …… the job today. 10. You …… a visa for your trip.
8. Make sentences in ex. 7 into questions
9. Write Yes/ No questions and give short answers:
1. I shall be fourteen years old next week 2. We'll be late if we don't hurry. 3. He'll be thirteen years old on Tuesday. 4. Jon will come if I ask him. 5. We shall come to your class. 6. I shall speak English to my friends. 7. We shall have dinner at seven o'clock. 8. Mr. Priestley will bring a cup of tea in the morning. 9. I will bring a cup of tea in the morning. 10. We shall have breakfast at eight o'clock.
10. Turn the following sentences into the Future Tense:
1. We come to your class. 2. I speak English to my friends. 3. He speaks English to his friends. 4. They come to your class. 5. Mrs. Priestley plays the piano. 6. We have dinner at seven o'clock. 7. Mr. Priestley brings a cup of tea in the morning. 8. I bring a cup of tea in the morning. 9. We have breakfast at eight o'clock. 10. Mr. Priestley has breakfast at eight o'clock.
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-12-16; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 184.108.40.206 (0.009 с.)