Влияние общества на человека
Приготовление дезинфицирующих растворов различной концентрации
Практические работы по географии для 6 класса
Организация работы процедурного кабинета
Обработка изделий медицинского назначения многократного применения
Изменения в неживой природе осенью
Уборка процедурного кабинета
Сольфеджио. Все правила по сольфеджио
Балочные системы. Определение реакций опор и моментов защемления
Блок тестов на знание базовой грамматики и разговорной лексики
⇐ ПредыдущаяСтр 4 из 4
1. Her current interest was______ and development, but she has changed fields.
A)resistance B) research
C) residence D) reputation
2. Please pay _____________ to what I’m saying.
A) attention B) meaning
C) knowledge D) model
3. A(n) _________________ is usually more expensive than dictionary because it is in several volumes.
A) publication B) encyclopedia
C) journal D) report
4. A student __________________ a four-year college in the US today normally receives Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science.
A) ending B) completing
C) graduating from D) finishing
5. I got some good ________________ in my continuous assessment this term.
A) exams B) grants
C) marks D) notes
6. Did you make your______ by phone or by fax?
A)reservation B) transition
C) institution D) impression
7. Being able to use a computer is an important ______ nowadays.
A) license B) degree
C) skill D) qualification
8. I’ve been given ____________ to go to London.
A) a decision B) an opportunity
C) a choice D) a need
9. The person who gives information to the press for a company is a _______________.
A) economist B) supervisor
C) public relations officer D) receptionist
10. Applicants should have at least two years’ post in high school education or work _______________.
A) experience B) position
C) abilities D) performance
11. А___ consists of long cells that contract when stimulated and produce motion.
A) hand B) body
C) rib D) muscle
12. The contraction and expansion of the____________ are controlled by the vasomotor nerves.
A) blood vessels B) bladder
C) cell D) pupil
13. Surgeons transplanted kidneys, livers, and hearts in animals before attempting these procedures on______________.
A) monkeys B) clones
C) rats D) patients
14. New discoveries in biochemistry and ____________ opened the way for more precise diagnostic tests and more effective therapies.
A) gynaecology B) psychology
C) physiology D) anatomy
15. ____________ liberated the patient from the pain of surgery and enabled the surgeon to perform more extensive operations.
A) Immunity B) Antibiotics
C) Anaesthesia D) Anabolics
16. _________ means tending to produce death or deterioration.
A) Shivering B) Malignant
C) Healthy D) Aching
17. _______________ is the fluid that circulates in the heart, arteries, capillaries and veins of a vertebrate animal.
A) Saliva B) Water
C) Urine D) Blood
18. A _________ is a substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, treatment or prevention of disease.
A) drug B) component
C) matter D) tissue
19. ______________ is a disordered, weakened or emotional condition.
A) Hydrophobia B) Hysteria
C) Sickness D) Tetanus
20. A _________________ is a short glass tube with a rubber bulb and used to measure liquids.
A) retort B) measuring glass
C) syringe D) dropper
21. _________________ is localized physical suffering associated with bodily disorder.
A) Nervousness B) Sleepiness
C) Delirium D) Pain
22. A shorter, more____ meeting leaves time for work.
A) productivity B) productive
C) productiveness D) production
23. ____________ is designed to inform, influence or persuade people.
A) Preadvertise B) Advertise
C) Advertising D) Advertiser
24. Cable TV and work desk with ____________ telephone lines are available in each room.
A) modernization B) modernism
C) modernist D) modernized
25. The last year has shown a slight _____________ in the economy.
A) improvement B) improvable
C) improved D) improve
26. Traditional homes have been ______________ by big blocks
A) placement B) replaced
C) displaceable D) place
27. My alarm clock didn’t go off, and so I ________________ this morning.
A) underslept B) overslept
C) outslept D) reslept
28. It was a good idea of_____ to go swimming this afternoon.
A) your B) you
C) yourself D) yours
29. _____________city is bigger, London or Paris?
A) Where B) Who
C) When D) Which
30. “How did you get my sister’s book?”
“She gave it to me ___________!”
A) myself B) themselves
C) ourselves D) herself
31. He drove so slowly that it took _________________ three hours to get there.
A) we B) us
C) our D) ourselves
32. That isn’t my key. __________ is here.
A) Me B) Mine
C) My D) Myself
33. The grass there was much______ than on the upper field.
A) longer B) long
C) the longest D) more long
34. Sinking of the Titanic was the ____________ disaster of that time.
A) more large B) largest
C) large D) larger
35. If you use pictures your report will be much _____________________.
A) the most interesting B) most interesting
C) interesting D) more interesting
36. This house is _____________ of all the buildings in the street.
A) as old as B) old
C) older than D) the oldest
37. Karen is the _________ girl in the class.
A) more pretty B) prettier
C) prettiest D) much pretty
38. Some car engines are _____________ than others.
A) more efficient B) the most efficient
C) more efficiently D) most efficiently
39. The oldest living tree in the world grows in_______ California.
40. Jeff comes from a small town in ______________ Texas.
A) an B) –
C) the D) a
41. _________________ bananas are a good source of energy.
A) A B) An
C) The D) –
42. __________ Coca-cola is enjoyed all over the world.
A) the B) a
C) an D) –
43. ____________ book you gave me is very interesting.
A) - B) The
C) An D) A
44. I live in _____________ Nelson Road, in Cambridge.
A) the B) –
C) a D) an
45. The Pyramids were built_____ people who lived a long time ago.
C) with D) after
46. Which band is playing at the Hippodrome ____________ Sunday?
A) by B) at
C) on D) in
47. The Great Wall of China is a long way _____________ any major city.
A) from B) by
C) - D) under
48. Many people today are worried ______________ global warming.
A) to B) from
C) with D) about
49. Dad, can I stay _______________ Sue’s house tonight, please?
A) in B) at
C) from D) on
50. Begin with a minute_____ two of small talk.
C) and D)if
51. I love tennis ____________ I love swimming too.
A) for B) as
C) if D) but
52. This car is fast _____________ very noisy.
A) as B) since
C) but D) despite
53. This rule is _________ difficult ___________ the one you’ve already learnt.
A) neither/nor B) either/or
C) not so/as D) both/and
54. Ann is a very good singer, _______________ she is going to take part in the school concert.
A) that’s why B) because
C) that D) although
55. Ask him ____________ he can do it tomorrow.
A) though B) while
C) for D) whether
56. Do you want a sandwich? - No, thanks. I_______ just_______ lunch.
A)was_______ having B) had______ had
C) have_______ had D) am______ having
57. My course ___________ on Monday at 9.30.
A) starts B) are starting
C) shall start D) have started
58. Mother will cook dinner when she ____________ home from work.
A) comes B) come
C) has come D) will come
59. Don’t you know that Alex ___________ next month?
A) got married B) have got married
C) is getting married D) gets married
60. -Are you going shopping tonight?
- No, I ____________ yesterday.
A) had went B) went
C) had been going D) had gone
61. __ ______________of her arrival, I went to see her.
A) Being told B) Told
C) Telling D) To tell
62. I want you ____________ me some information.
A) gives B) give
C) to give D) giving
63. That car is not worth _________________.
A) repairing B) to be repaired
C) having repaired D) to repair
64. Would you mind ______________ just now?
A) to be examined B) having examined
C) to have examined D) being examined
65. Paul__________________visiting his parents.
A) insisted of B) insisted to
C) insisted - D) insisted on
66. Chris is trying to ___________ smoking.
A) give from B) give out
C) give down D) give up
67. It took the firemen three hours to ___________________ the fire.
A) put on B) put out
C) put down D) put off
68. Sam spent half an hour ______________ his keys.
A) looking for B) looking after
C) looking through D) looking into
69. Mary always ______________ my children when I’m away.
A) looks after B) looks for
C) looks at D) looks up
70. Your face seems familiar to me. We_______ have met somewhere.
A) need B) must
C) should D) ought
71. You ___________ go on a diet.
A) has to B) am able to
C) should D) is to
72. I _______________ come to your party tomorrow. I’m going to prepare for my exam.
A) shouldn’t B) needn’t
C) can’t D) mustn’t
73. -Did you deliver that parcel for me?
- No. I ___________ find the house, so I’ve come back to get a map.
A) had not to B) could
C) couldn’t D) can
74. I ______________ swim when I was a boy of 6.
A) might B) may
C) can D) could
75. ________________ I speak to Jane, please?
A) Must B) Need
C) Can D) Ought
Выберите реплику, наиболее соответствующую ситуации общения:
76. Guest: "______________ "
Hostess: "Oh, I'm glad you enjoyed it."
A) Enjoy your meal. B) The meal wasn't as bad as I expected.
C) The meal was rather good. D) The meal was absolutely delicious
77. John: “I have been waiting for you for two hours!”
A) Never mind! B) I don’t think so.
C) Sorry. It was wrong of me. D) That’s all right.
78. You: Can I borrow your mobile phone? I need to make a quick call to my mother.
Your friend: _____________________
A) You’ll do me a favour. B) What do you want?
C) OK. Here you are. D) I am pleased to hear it.
79. Daughter: “_______________________”
Mother: “You’d better return home now.”
A) I want to do the shopping just now.
B) It is great to be at home again.
C) I am going back home.
D) It looks like raining. I don’t know what to do.
80. Your friend: Would you like to come to our house on Sunday?
A) Really? B) Thanks. I’d love to. That’s great.
C) Will you repeat it, please? D) No, I wouldn’t.
81. Your friend: “I’m sure we’ll have a great time at Joan’s party tomorrow night.”
You: “Yes, ______________________”
A) I disagree. All our friends will be there. B) I am not sure. All our friends will be there.
C) I agree. All our friends will be there. D) I’m afraid. All our friends will be there.
82. Shop assistant: "Can I help you?"
Customer: "________________________ "
A) Fine. B) No, it's all right, thanks, I'm just looking.
C) Oh, good. I'm so glad to have met you. D) No, that's not necessary.
83. Boss: “What is your opinion about this?”
A) I don’t know B) I definitely agree with your arguments.
C) You are crazy. I don’t agree with you. D) I am thinking about it.
84. Caller: “Can I speak to the manager, please?”
A) Why can’t you do it? B) This is the manager’s office. Can I help you?
C) Do you really need to do so? D) What do you want?
85. Your business partner: “I’d like you to meet Mr. White.”
A) Would you like something to drink?
B) What is your first impression of me?
C) Glad to meet you, Mr. White.
D) Let’s get down to business.
86. Student: "Have you had time to mark my composition?"
Teacher: "____________________________ "
A) Oh, dear, you look awful, what’s the matter with you?
B) Yes, and I do hope you don't mind my saying this but you’ve made one or two tiny mistakes.
C) Yes, it was quite good, and I've underlined the mistakes you've made.
D) Yes, I have.
87. Teacher: Read the passages and match the names with.
A) Could you repeat that please? B) What?
C) Slow down! D) What does that mean?
88. Your teacher: “You don’t seem to be making any progress.”
You: “___________________ “
A) Glad to hear it from you. B) Really?
C) Oh! I will work harder. D) It’s your fault!
89. Student 1: “I’ve failed my first exam.”
Student 2: “_________________”
A) That’s your opinion, not mine.
B) I think you should prepare better for the next one.
C) Thank you very much.
D) Think nothing of it.
90. Student: “Can you explain what the problem was with my composition?”
A) No, I can’t. B) Very bad.
C) I do hope you don’t mind my saying this but you’ve had some problems.
D) I’m afraid your handwriting wasn’t very good.
91. Boss: "Do you see what I mean?"
Employee: "_____________________________ "
A) Idon't think so. B) Yes, do, please.
C) Yes, and I don't agree with you. D) Yes, but I'm not sure I quite agree.
92. Nurse: Health Helpline, how can I help you?
A) I don’t know it for sure.
C) I’m not feeling well. I wonder if you might be able to help me.
D) Look here! I need some help.
93. Waiter: “Would you like something to drink?”
Customer: “ ______________________”
A) Can I have a cup of coffee, please? B) You must bring me a cup of coffee.
C) Give me coffee. D) I wonder if I could have a cup of coffee, please.
94. Visitor: ________________________
Local resident: Oh, you can get a bus. Any bus will take you there.
A) I’m looking for Central Station. B) Central Station.
C) Excuse me…How can I get to Central Station, please? D) Where is Central Station?
95. Manager: “His results are of no practical importance”
A) You are quite right. I agree with you. B) His results are the best.
D) You see, we don’t need to carry out any tests of practical importance.
96. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland consists of_________ .
A)five parts B) three parts
C) four parts D) two parts
97. London is situated on _________________.
A) the Severn B) the Hudson River
C) the Thames D) the Mississippi
98. The Royal family lives in ________________
A) Buckingham Palace B) 10 Downing Street
C) Tower of London D) Westminster Palace
99. The oldest university in Britain is _______________.
A) London B) Cambridge
C) Edinburgh D) Oxford
100. The official residence of the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is ______________.
A) Buckingham Palace B) Scotland Yard
C) the West End D) 10 Downing Street
101. The USA consists of 50____ .
A)states B) counties
C) republics D) districts
102. The USA is a federal republic consisting of ___________ states.
A) 52 B) 54
C) 50 D) 48
103. The Library of Congress is situated in ______________.
A) Washington B) London
C) Oxford D) Boston
104. The New York underground is called ______________
A) the tube B) the downland
C) the metro D) the subway
105. The Statue of Liberty stands on an islabd in ______________ Harbour.
A) Washington B) New York
C) Philadelphia D) Boston
106. ______________ is not an American writer.
A) Agatha Christie B) O’Henry
C) Mark Twain D) Salinger
107. French is an official language in_____ .
A)Canada B) New Zealand
C) India D) Sweden
108. The capital of Canada is ____________.
A) Toronto B) Ottawa
C) Montreal D) Quebec
109. Janue Sale and David Pelletier are the Canadian ______________ who won gold medals at the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City in 2002.
A) bobsledders B) figure skaters
C) alpine skiers D) hockey-players
110. Canadian native people are _____________
A) British B) French
C) Americans D) Indians
111. Bill Gates is a founder of____ .
A)The Metropolitan Museum B) the largest automobile corporation
C) The Microsoft Corporation D) the first entertainment theme park
112. What was Martin Luther King famous for?
A) He was a bright student and a talented teacher.
B) He was an outstanding military man.
C) He aroused American people to protest against racial discrimination.
D) He was born in Atlanta in a large family.
113. A member of the Beatles who was murdered in the USA is ______________.
A) Stevenson B) Paul Mc Cartney
C) Rowling D) Lennon
114. The Beatles started their career in ______________
A) Birmingham B) London
C) Liverpool D) Oxford
115. Marilyn Monroe was a major US ____________ of the fifties.
A) sportsman B) dancer
C) musician D) movie-star
116. The telephone was invented by ________________
A) Isaac Newton B) Alexander Bell
C) Michael Faraday D) James Watt
Ключи к блоку №4:
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-08-26; Нарушение авторского права страницы
infopedia.su Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Обратная связь - 184.108.40.206 (0.043 с.)