Переведите на английский язык, употребляя модальный глагол should в сочетании с требующейся формой инфинитива (Indefinite Infinitive — Perfect Infinitive).
1. Вам следует работать больше. 2. Ей следует слушать советы учителя. 3. Вам следовало бы извиниться: вы не правы. 4. Вам не следует пропускать уроки английского языка. 5. Дети должны быть более внимательны к своим родителям. 6. Ему следует обратиться к врачу. 7. Ему следовало давно обратиться к врачу. 8. Вы не должны давать ребенку столько конфет. 9. Ему следует прочитать эту книгу. 10. Ему следовало уже прочитать эту книгу. 11. Вам следует пойти туда и поговорить с ними. 12. Вам следовало сходить туда (раньше) и поговорить с ними. 13. Он не должен был так грубо разговаривать. 14. Он не должен был забывать о моей просьбе. 15. Ей давно бы следовало вернуться. 16. Тебе не следует ходить туда. 17. Вам надо было прочитать эту книгу в прошлом году. 18. Вам бы следовало поговорить с вашим дядей, когда он приедет. 19. Ей не надо было носить такие тяжелые вещи. 20. Ему следовало помнить об этом. 21. Вы должны были попросить разрешения. 22. Вы не должны были беспокоиться.
You needn't have done it. — могли и неделать (это было необязательно)
You shouldn't have done it. — не следовалоделать (плохо, что вы это сделали)
Прокомментируйте следующие действия, употребляя модальные глаголы should, shouldn't или needn't.
• E.g. 1) А boy was impoiite to a giri and did not apolo-gize.
You should have apologized to the girl.
2) A pupil did all the exercises in writing even those
You needn't have done all the exercises in writing.
3) Your aunt is running a temperature.
What will you say to the person who:
1) crossed the street when the lights are red?
2) doesn't cross the street when the lights are
doesn't want to cross the street by the subway?
doesn't take off his hat when entering a room?
5) did not help his classmate to clean the class-
has a Splittingheadache?
bought bread which was not necessary?
was not present at the meeting?
sent an e-mail which was quite unnecessary?
went out without his coat and caught a cold?
apologized for asking you a question?
didn't attend a very important lecture?
13) got up at six o'clock on Sunday morning, which
read tili two o'clock in the morning?
copied the whole text into his exercise book?
watered the plants, and it is raining now?
hasn't returned the books to the library?
You should have done it. — следовалосделать (а вы не сделали)
You must have done it. — должно быть, (сделали)
Вставьте модальные глаголы should или must.
1. а) You ... have studied the material thoroughly.
I see you have made no mistakes in the paper.
b) You ... have studied the material thoroughly. Then you would not have made so many mistakes.
2. a) She ... have followed the doctor's advice.
She would have recovered by now.
b) She ... have followed the doctor's advice. J
3. a) You ... have ignored the Instructions of your ■
tennis coach. That's why you lost the game. b) You ... have followed the Instructions of : your tennis coach. Then you would have .; won the game.
4. a) She ... have forgotten to take her medi-
b) She ... have remembered to take her medi-cine.
5. а) I ... have got on the wrong bus. I cannot
recognize the places we are passing, b) I ... have looked carefully at the number of the bus. Now I must change buses, and I am afraid I shall be late.
I should have done it. — следовало сделать (а я не сделал)
I had to do it. — пришлось сделать (сделал)
Вставьте модальные глаголы should или had to. Раскройте скобки, употребляя требующуюся форму инфинитива,
1. I could not stand that noise any longer. I ... (to go) out and (to teil) them to stop shout-ing. 2. How can you work in this noise? You ... (to teil) the children to stop shouting. 3. I ... (to take) a taxi, otherwise I should have missed the train. 4. You walked all the way here carry-ing this heavy suitcase. You ... (to take) a taxi. 5. They won't be able to buy anything but lemonade on the train. You ... (to give) them some Sandwiches at least. 6. Mother was coming to dinner, so I ... (to bake) her favourite cake. 7. You knew I was bring-ing people to dinner. You ... (to bake) а cake. 8. He was out when we came, and we ... (to wait) for over an hour. 9. It was raining hard. We ... (to wear) our raincoats. 10. She is quite an authority. You ... (to ask) her. 11. So, I used your Computer.It isn't work-ing as it ... . You ... (to call) technical support.
Вставьте модальные глаголы should или had to. Раскройте скобки, употребляя требующуюся форму инфинитива.
1. Mike isn't here. Не ... (to leave) early. 2. The car broke down and they ... (to call) a taxi. 3. You ... (to disconnect) the Computeryesterday. There's something wrong with it. You can't send an e-mail. 4. She ... (to go)Shoppinglast Friday because there was nothing in the fridge. 5. Peter ... (to write) this essay yesterday, but he was too busy as he ... (to translate) a very long text from English. 6. I ... not (to take) my little brother to the evening Performance, he was so excited; but I really ... (to do) so, for there was nobody at home to leave him with. 7. You ... (to see) our team play! You have missed a lot. You ... (to go) to the Stadium. 8. It was a very important meeting and we ... (to attend) it. That's why we returned home late. 9. He ... (to attend) the lesson: the material which the teacher explained was very difficult, and now it will be impossible for him to write the paper well. 10. Although his friend feit ill, he ... (to attend) the lesson, because the teacher explained some very difficult material.
I needn't have done it. — можно было неделать
(а я сделал)
I didn't have to do it. — можно было неделать
(я и не делал)
В следующих предложениях часть текста написана по-русски. Напишите предложения полностью по-английски, употребляя модальные глаголы need или to have to.
1. а) Можно было не покупать сахар, and I didn't
go to the shop. b) Why did you go to the shop? Можно было и не покупать сахар: we have enough of it.
2. а) Мы могли не тревожиться за нее, as we
knew that she was taken very göod care of. b) Не надо было тревожиться за нас: you see that everything is OK.
3. а) Можно было и не ходить туда, you have
wasted your time. They have just phoned to give us all the Instructions, b) Можно было не ходить туда, and we re-mained at home.
4. а) Мне не надо было идти в библиотеку, as
I had all the books I needed. b) Незачем было ходить в библиотеку: you have only wasted your time. Don't you know that Г11 give you all the necessary books?
5. а) Вы могли и не ездить в центр: you could
have bought everything you needed in the lo-cal shops.
b) Я мог не ездить в центр, as а very good department störe had recently opened in our parts, so I went there and bought everything I needed.
6. а) Вы могли и не проверять правописание:
the Computerсап do all the correcting. b) Я мог не проверять правописание: the Computer did all the correcting, so it did not take me long to complete my work.
7. а) Я мог не звонить ему, so I went to bed at
b) It turned out that я мог и не звонить ему, as he knew everything from his sister.
Вставьте модальные глаголы should, need или to have to. Раскройте скобки, употребляя требующуюся форму инфинитива.
1. You ... not (to go) out in this rain; as it is you have a cold in your head. 2. It was Sunday, and we ... not (to go) to school. 3. Everything is all right. You see that you ... not (to worry). 4. You are out of breath. You ... not (to run): you know how bad it is for you. 5. You ... not (to teil) her about it. Now she is sure not to sleep the whole night worrying. 6. You ... not (to go) with her: she knows the way perfectly well. 7. You ... not (to put) so much pepper on the meat. No one will be able to eat it. 8. You ... not (to give) them any lunch. They can get coffee and Sandwiches on the train. 9. We don't accept credit cards. — Well, I just... (to pay) cash, I guess. Oh, I don't have enough cash. I ... (to give) you a cheque. 10. If you see anything unusual you ... (to call).the police. 11. There ... not (to be) any difficulty about getting her a visa. 12. You ... not (to teil) him the news; he knew it already. 13. According to the la-bel, the orange marmalade ... (to refrigerate) after opening. 14.1'm not particularly busy. I've got a few things to do but I ... not (to do) them now. 15. You ... not (to be) so impatient with him.
Сводные упражнения на модальные глаголы
Переведите на русский язык.
1. Не must have sold his piano.
He may have sold his piano.
He might have sold his piano.
He can't have sold his piano.
5. He should have sold his piano.
He shouldn't have sold his piano.
He needn't have sold his piano.
He didn't have to seil his piano.
9. He had to seil his piano.
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-04-06; Нарушение авторского права страницы